LDL Cholesterol Levels

Which Product do you guys think has the best cardiovascular health benefits for redu

• NOW Red Yeast Rice

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Primordial Performance Toco-8

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Natrol Guggulipid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nature’s Bounty Odorless Garlic

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you asking what supps are good for lowering LDL?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
basically yes, what of the four do you think is the best choice to lower LDL levels and boost cardio health?

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd also nominate Niacin for HDL boosting.
yes niacin is a good addition good lookin out steve:) i love the flush but toco8 has my vote.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Its my understanding that Red Rice yeast doesnt have the statin in it to help with lowering LDL, or does it still have something in it that still helps to lowere LDL.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Oats. No high GI carbs.

Nearly halved my cholesterol on oats after a many year diet of high GI junk food.

Give it nine months and I'll see what Toco-8 and NAC/red rice (AI's cycle support) do.

If I was going to nail it to a product I'd go for Cycle Support - great stuff allround.

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
Looks like maybe oats should have been on the list as well. I prefer Toco-8 for the other benefits, plus you can avoid the carbs in the oats. Some diets don't make room for them.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gunna go ahead and say ap or glycobol.

Berberine HCL has been shown to upregulate the LDL receptor uptake in liver. Pretty interesting. Works better then metformin on chpolesterol levels

DirtNap

Awards
Looks like maybe oats should have been on the list as well. I prefer Toco-8 for the other benefits, plus you can avoid the carbs in the oats. Some diets don't make room for them.
Toco-8 along with fish oil. Yes Toco-8 is great for me when doing KETO...

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for some of us that are prone to Male Pattern Baldness that benefit of toco 8 is a huge bonus as well

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Niacin gets good reviews, but if you have uric acid/gout issues like I do, than this isn't an option. I've had very good success using AI's Cycle Support to get my cholesterol incheck. Toco-8 looks promising though.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I have battled high cholesterol for over 30 years. I have avoided statins because of the potential side effects. Red Yeast Rice is basically a statin. If you’re going to use any statin be sure and supplement with CoQ10 as statins lower this valuable supplement in the body and it is absolutely necessary for good hearth health. I use Taco 8 daily and it helps to a small degree. I have tried Policosanol, Sytrinol and Niacin. Niacin is hard on the liver so use only under a doctor care. Policosanol only works if it is made from sugar cane otherwise it is worthless. Sytrinol didn’t do a thing to lower my cholesterol. The best supplement I have found for controlling cholesterol is beta sitosterol. It raises HDL and lowers LDL and overall cholesterol values. I take it with each meal. It has dropped my cholesterol form 360 to around 240. I am happy with these numbers since all of the research I have done indicates that values below 200 lower the immune system and are detrimental to good health. The drug companies want these values as low as possible to sell more statins. They are now suggesting and overall value of 180. My research indicates the best values are between 200 and 240. Moreover, beta sitosterol is also good for the prostate.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I have battled high cholesterol for over 30 years. I have avoided statins because of the potential side effects. Red Yeast Rice is basically a statin. If you’re going to use any statin be sure and supplement with CoQ10 as statins lower this valuable supplement in the body and it is absolutely necessary for good hearth health. I use Taco 8 daily and it helps to a small degree. I have tried Policosanol, Sytrinol and Niacin. Niacin is hard on the liver so use only under a doctor care. Policosanol only works if it is made from sugar cane otherwise it is worthless. Sytrinol didn’t do a thing to lower my cholesterol. The best supplement I have found for controlling cholesterol is beta sitosterol. It raises HDL and lowers LDL and overall cholesterol values. I take it with each meal. It has dropped my cholesterol form 360 to around 240. I am happy with these numbers since all of the research I have done indicates that values below 200 lower the immune system and are detrimental to good health. The drug companies want these values as low as possible to sell more statins. They are now suggesting and overall value of 180. My research indicates the best values are between 200 and 240. Moreover, beta sitosterol is also good for the prostate.
Any specific brand you are using? I've been taking Mega Strength Beta Sitosterol that's a combo of Beta, Campesterol & Stigmaseterol. Right now my Cholersterol is at 230 with a ratio of 4.4 down from 248.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Any specific brand you are using? I've been taking Mega Strength Beta Sitosterol that's a combo of Beta, Campesterol & Stigmaseterol. Right now my Cholersterol is at 230 with a ratio of 4.4 down from 248.
Not really. I have used Mega brand before and it worked will for me.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd also nominate Niacin for HDL boosting.
And HDL boosting is what matters. According to the American Heart Association, there is an inverse relation to HDL levels and Heart Disease...not LDL.

So low HDL = greater chance of heart disease.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
And HDL boosting is what matters. According to the American Heart Association, there is an inverse relation to HDL levels and Heart Disease...not LDL.

So low HDL = greater chance of heart disease.
Its really the ratio that is important. I believe you want at least a 3.5:1.

Total:HDL

Also, look up the statin paradox. Interesting stuff out there.

DirtNap

Awards
Its really the ratio that is important. I believe you want at least a 3.5:1.

Total:HDL
Yep Higher HDL can make up for slightly high LDL. Helps keep LDL from sticking to artery walls.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Diet and exercise over everything else.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
gotta remember its all about ratios! like stated above, but the main point was when diet and exercise isnt enough but you dont want to use RX like statins