L CARNITINE

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
studies have used 2gm - you can do 2gm in morning and 2gm preworkout
IMO the higher the value of the oral carnitine the more it blows up your intestines. I read a lot of reviews of people complaining about that from various oral sources and thought they just had weak systems until I tried some increased dosages.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
IMO the higher the value of the oral carnitine the more it blows up your intestines. I read a lot of reviews of people complaining about that from various oral sources and thought they just had weak systems until I tried some increased dosages.
My experience exactly, but would splitting the dose throughout three whole day help prevent this? Why does the Hershey squirts happen in the first place?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My experience exactly, but would splitting the dose throughout three whole day help prevent this? Why does the Hershey squirts happen in the first place?
no idea but I know it's really common. I currently take 1500mg in the morning at 1500mg in the evening after workout. It's not super scientific but I may start keeping some at work as well so that I can take a dose pre-workout. I have had carnitine in 1500, 2500 and 5000mg doses but I think as Hyde is alluding too, I have seen ZERO advantage to a 5k dose vs a 1500.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
2g orally split over 3 doses was found to have some effects, but it’s just nothing like what injectable delivers.

So 2-3g a day orally, but you absolutely want to break that up into 3-4 administrations. All at once is, essentially, a true waste.
I've read users using up to 10grams of l carnitine tartrate in a single dose with a load of sugar to shuttle it into the muscles. The 10grams seems ridiculous lol, makes me wonder why they are dosing so high

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What do you mean toxic? So the oral version is toxic and the injectable isn't? It has something to do with the digestive tract, trying to figure that out
Well, when looking at chronic elevated dosing, you’re dealing with significant elevation in TMAO in the gut, which has association with atherosclerosis and the primary reason excess red meat consumption is sometimes associated with heart disease by some.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
But seriously, injectable carnitine isn’t even that powerful of a tool overall, so why people would bother eating it 3x a day for radically less results than something that’s already weak is beyond me.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Well, when looking at chronic elevated dosing, you’re dealing with significant elevation in TMAO in the gut, which has association with atherosclerosis and the primary reason excess red meat consumption is sometimes associated with heart disease by some.
That is nothing but an assumption I've read that l carnitine forming TMAO is only theoretical and it's not confirmed. I've heard Allicin, the component of garlic can really help prevent this TMAO buildup

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
But seriously, injectable carnitine isn’t even that powerful of a tool overall, so why people would bother eating it 3x a day for radically less results than something that’s already weak is beyond me.
I used 9-10g orally today (LCLT) with a load of carbs (70g). I feel a huge increase in energy and just generally more androgenic. No trouble with stools yet, we'll see how long this lasts. For some reason I feel the oral more then sub Q (1500mg), wonder if that's due to poor absorption sub Q? It's a pretty big difference, maybe placebo but I doubt it

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Well I was wrong in being overzealous with my carnitine trial is making me pay... haha. Seriously it could be used as one of the most potent laxatives ever. One thing important to mention is that I noticed it only happens shortly after I consume food for briefly half a day. Then it dissipates and my digestion returns back to normal. But during that half a day following the carnitine dose the stools will be muddy, liquified and squirt. My stomach also rumbles a little bit letting me know the foods coming out soon. Do you think fiber can help prevent this? Or consuming garlic at the same time as the carnitine? I really enjoy the convenience of high dose oral carnitine and the effect it has on me is quite tremendous

Last edited:
VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Well I was wrong in being overzealous with my carnitine trial is making me pay... haha. Seriously it could be used as one of the most potent laxatives ever. One thing important to mention is that I noticed it only happens shortly after I consume food for briefly half a day. Then it dissipates and my digestion returns back to normal. But during that half a day following the carnitine dose the stools will be muddy, liquified and squirt. Do you think fiber can help prevent this? Or consuming garlic at the same time as the carnitine? I really enjoy the convenience of oral carnitine and the effect it has on me is quite tremendous
Also I'm curious if this is causing malabsorption from the food I'm eating? If so, definitely gonna stay away from oral carnitine high doses what do you think?

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
It's almost like the carnitine stays in the intestines and served a purpose of shuttling out the food. Because fasting helps, anything I eat after comes out basically. Wonder why.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Definitely need to trial IM (rear delts) and report back. But I'm such a sissy when it comes to shots I guess I had a bad experience from the Sub Q minor infection and sting. Any tips for hyping myself up for IM shots? Do y'all just jam it in like sergeants?😂😂

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is a great point and I've been wondering about this, why is everyone so hung up and taking the stuff in the first place. What does everyone think there going to achieve that can't be done with something else...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is a great point and I've been wondering about this, why is everyone so hung up and taking the stuff in the first place. What does everyone think there going to achieve that can't be done with something else...
I have found it has brought out more vascularity than I have ever had. It has been well worth it to me.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yes

Oh, Sorry about that !
Yes, I can agree with that, increase sweating increase vascularity increase muscular endurance and fat loss all things I noticed. I was getting that moral on the lines of you could replicate the results of oral carnitine in many other ways.

I do think it's hard to beat the fat loss from high dose injectable carn. I got buddies who swear that it works better than GH at fat loss. I can't make the comparison though I'm just going by what they say. And then for endurance purposes I know there's endurance athletes that IV this stuff

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't pin anything so all of my supps have always been oral. I don't trick myself into thinking that being "natural" is ever going to compete with anabolics but I have tried just about every over the country option I can find over the past 15 years and Carnitine seems to help with both the muscular development/recovery as well as metabolism for me. All of my experiences are anecdotal and contradict mainstream claims:

Creatine for me, useless under 10g/day
Carnitine for me, useful, but no added benefit past 1500mg
BCAA's, also seem to to speed up metabolism. Hard to explain that one.
Goat weed, tribulus, etc are my go-to's for over the counter T and they do seem to work really well.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely need to trial IM (rear delts) and report back. But I'm such a sissy when it comes to shots I guess I had a bad experience from the Sub Q minor infection and sting. Any tips for hyping myself up for IM shots? Do y'all just jam it in like sergeants?😂😂
Get some insulin pins. You'll rarely even feel them (a bee sting hurts more than the worst pain you'll probably ever get from a slin pin).

Shoulders seem to be an easy spot to IM with them. Really depends on how lean you are.

I just rotate a bunch of spots, sometimes its IM, sometimes its subQ. And you don't have to jab the pin in as hard as you can, just apply pressure until it goes in, and then take your time with the plunger, don't try to force it down as hard as you can.

Once a day for a week and you'll be used to it and realize it's no big deal and almost painless.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also I'm curious if this is causing malabsorption from the food I'm eating? If so, definitely gonna stay away from oral carnitine high doses what do you think?
Of course diarrhea means you are not absorbing all of the nutrients. You eat, it shoots right out, why do you think it normally takes longer before you poop? To properly digest and utilize the food.

Definitely need to trial IM (rear delts) and report back. But I'm such a sissy when it comes to shots I guess I had a bad experience from the Sub Q minor infection and sting. Any tips for hyping myself up for IM shots? Do y'all just jam it in like sergeants?
First, pull down your pants. Locate your balls. Give them a feel and make sure they haven’t been replaced by a pussy.

Swap the intended injection site & top of vial, draw your shot up, and stick the needle in, same as a subq shot except at 90* to the muscle instead of trying to slip it under the skin at an acute angle.

“Ain’t nothin’ to it but ta do it” - Ronnie Coleman, the king

panico.pt

Awards
Well lclt is 2:1 ratio, so for doses of 2 grams of carnitine it's 3 grams of carnitine tartrate, so some people (me) prefer to use pure liquid carnitine. As for digestion, in my experience, with liquid carnitine I can consume more carnitine itself without side effects (bump). Also with liquid carnitine I never had any of these side effects and I've been to doses of 5 grams. I currently take 3 grams with pre-workout and 3 grams with intra-workout. Just my personal opinion and I always accept suggestions.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
UPDATE:

I tried the shot IM today, left side rear delt it went in smooth! However my delt feels sore and has the same old dull ache you get from the typical hospital shots. Now to continue this way.... hopefully :D

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Of course diarrhea means you are not absorbing all of the nutrients. You eat, it shoots right out, why do you think it normally takes longer before you poop? To properly digest and utilize the food.

First, pull down your pants. Locate your balls. Give them a feel and make sure they haven’t been replaced by a pussy.

Swap the intended injection site & top of vial, draw your shot up, and stick the needle in, same as a subq shot except at 90* to the muscle instead of trying to slip it under the skin at an acute angle.

“Ain’t nothin’ to it but ta do it” - Ronnie Coleman, the king
I can assure you that my balls haven't been replaced. Now that I accomplished this easily. I think they trippled in size 😂

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
I think there's a saying that higher testosterone and androgens causes less pain tolerance and more risky decisions. And since this is mainly a steroid forum I could place bets that some of you get excited and find pleasure at the thought of jamming the needle in like nothing. Personally the 1" 25g syringe scares me, looks like it could pierce quite deep in lol

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think there's a saying that higher testosterone and androgens causes less pain tolerance and more risky decisions. And since this is mainly a steroid forum I could place bets that some of you get excited and find pleasure at the thought of jamming the needle in like nothing. Personally the 1" 25g syringe scares me, looks like it could pierce quite deep in lol
A 1" 25g needle is way bigger than what you need for LCarn though, you're not using that big a needle are you? If you are, you need to get smaller syringes.

I haven't seen anyone here advocating for using a bigger sized needle than anyone would need for whatever they're pinning. Using the smallest needle possible for each pin should reduce the build up of scar tissue, and I think in the long run that is probably the biggest concern.

As for your shoulder soreness, if it's not debilitating then it sounds like you found a good spot to pin. There are others, make sure to look/ask around, so you can rotate sites.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like 27 or 28g 1/2” insulin syringes for my carnitine shots.

27 is overkill unless your carnitine is one of the thicker preparations; it just draws a little faster. The old stuff I have is like bac water.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Smaller the needle the less PIP.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Update on my sub q (infection) at least I believe it is. Anybody know how I can speed up the healing process? It's becoming quite bothersome and stings with touch. Feels and looks inflamed. I don't want to see a doctor, I'd rather medicate on my own. Will it go away on its own? It's already been 4 days, little progress. What kind of supplements, or antibiotics/medication can I use?

Here's what it looks like. Ignore the stretch marks

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Looks pretty scary huh? Haha well it doesn't feel too crazy only hurts when I touch the red area and there's some numbness and it feels swollen. Just my shitty luck. Never doing sub q again!!

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Looks pretty scary huh? Haha well it doesn't feel too crazy only hurts when I touch the red area and there's some numbness and it feels swollen. Just my shitty luck. Never doing sub q again!!
I'm not doctor or an expert by any means, or maybe it's just the photo, but you may want to see an actual doctor and get some kind of medicine for that. The infection looks very red & inflamed.

I've done a few cycles and never had anything look that inflamed. I once had a small infection from a Test E pin, it was a small bump, a little red, that literally went away in 4 days.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I still think it looks bad man.

I don’t have any advice on what could help fight it, short of specific antibiotics they would give you at the doctor/urgent care.

Again, L-Carnitine is totally legal in the US, as are purchase/use of slinpins, so you don’t even need to worry about specific disclosure if you choose to explain how it happened.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
I still think it looks bad man.

I don’t have any advice on what could help fight it, short of specific antibiotics they would give you at the doctor/urgent care.

Again, L-Carnitine is totally legal in the US, as are purchase/use of slinpins, so you don’t even need to worry about specific disclosure if you choose to explain how it happened.
What antibiotics?

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you go to the doctor? You're risking a lot if you don't.

I'm sure you have friends and family who love you and would care if something happened to you. Stop taking chances with your health here, and do it for them if not for yourself.

Could you take a chance? Yes, you could, and maybe you get over it and nothing gets worse.

Should you do that? No, you should go to the doctor.

And if you develop a fever you should call 911.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What antibiotics?
I really can’t recall whatever I read online from my arbitrary Googling at one point, but you’re asking a guy with no medical or practical experience in this department. It’s not like it’s something I even have a lot of personal experience with.

So no matter what I told you, it wouldn’t be something worth risking your safety on believing me.

As mentioned, a fever means you’re in deep, so please watch for that as well if you don’t go.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Did you go to the doctor? You're risking a lot if you don't.

I'm sure you have friends and family who love you and would care if something happened to you. Stop taking chances with your health here, and do it for them if not for yourself.

Could you take a chance? Yes, you could, and maybe you get over it and nothing gets worse.

Should you do that? No, you should go to the doctor.

And if you develop a fever you should call 911.
I'm sure I'll be alright. the inflammation is shrinking as time goes by

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
My dad is a Dr, physician and does wound care in his own clinic and has worked trauma for years, and living with him I could instantly rely on him if anything goes wrong :). I don't want to tell him because we had an agreement that I wouldn't be pinning anything in his household, he'd be upset obviously. Hopefully it heals up soon. Will keep the thread updated

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
My dad is a Dr, physician and does wound care in his own clinic and has worked trauma for years, and living with him I could instantly rely on him if anything goes wrong :). I don't want to tell him because we had an agreement that I wouldn't be pinning anything in his household, he'd be upset obviously. Hopefully it heals up soon. Will keep the thread updated
I plan to tell him I'm injecting carnitine eventually, just not soon since we had the agreement a few weeks back. I'm sure he knows with my bodybuilding routine though it wouldn't be uncommon.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Fun fact he actually did my first shot lol after that he was like no more. He says you could source the stuff from doctors too wonder if he has any in his clinic lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude, you are all over the place ? Have a medical professional take a look at it !!!

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Dude, you are all over the place ? Have a medical professional take a look at it !!!
Don't mean to come off as a d*ck, but just go to another Doc. Presumably if you're old enough to be pinning, anything, you're old enough to be able to figure out how to go to and receive medical attention elsewhere.

If not, and again just being honest, you probably shouldn't be pinning.

It's not like it's UGL gear. My local wellness center offers carnitine injections along with fresh coffee and espresso...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update on my sub q (infection) at least I believe it is. Anybody know how I can speed up the healing process? It's becoming quite bothersome and stings with touch. Feels and looks inflamed. I don't want to see a doctor, I'd rather medicate on my own. Will it go away on its own? It's already been 4 days, little progress. What kind of supplements, or antibiotics/medication can I use?View attachment 223693
Here's what it looks like. Ignore the stretch marks

this pic was saturday, if you haven't gone to a doc, post a picture of what it looks like today, 2 days later. are you doing anything like ice at least? Hyde and the guys might have a better thought on over the counter stuff, like is Benadryl a safe approach here?

I have noticed the last decade that I tend to get stung almost once a year every year and for some reason I react worse each time. (got lucky, no stings in 2022) but last year I had a wasp get me and it looked like yours, even got vascular. my wife went from "dont be a big baby" to, "we're going to go show this to my aunt for advice" in about 24hrs.

turned out to be nothing but it did start to get ugly like yours

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I dont get the outta proportion blown sides of carnitine here.. tmao concerns r overblown. I have taken 2-4gm carnitine with no issues before. Def had some minor androgenic effect; beard growth, better erections, slight strenght/ gym perf increase.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I dont get the blown outta proportion sides of carnitine here.. skinny Cats jabbing themselves with UG bathtub test/tren but worryin of tmao nonsense. I have taken 2-4gm carnitine with no issues before. Def had some minor androgenic effect; beard growth, better erections, slight strenght/ gym perf increase.
The people injecting steroids aren’t worried about TMAO. We’re injecting l-carnitine because it’s already a modest PED even when injected, and orally it’s not even on the same level. You cannot saturate your levels with oral consumption to nearly the same degree, not least because oral has a 5-18% bioavailability based on various study claims.

I can’t really speak for anyone “skinny” though

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know he wasn't taking about me because he didn't say Skinny Out Man !!

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
  • I dont get the blown outta proportion sides of carnitine here.. skinny Cats jabbing themselves with UG bathtub test/tren but worryin of tmao nonsense. I have taken 2-4gm carnitine with no issues before. Def had some minor androgenic effect; beard growth, better erections, slight strenght/ gym perf increase.
    Dang 2-4g?! Isn't that too expensive to warrant the benefits, if any at all? Any benefits going that high of a dose that u wouldn't get at 1g?

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
You fellas make me feel so special since I'm natural haha