Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha. Well said Hyde. So I know you mentioned to take it daily, on my rest days do I take the same dose intramuscularly? 800mg? Or can I skip rest days And still get the benefits
Besides accelerating fat loss potentially, there’s almost no reason for anyone to be using over 2-300mg L-Carnitine daily.

I thought there was a point of saturation with L Carnitine, guess more the merrier huh?
No there most certainly is. This whole “start with 800mg daily” talk is tantamount to loading creatine monohydrate at 25g daily for a week or so and then moving to a maintenance of 5g daily. If you take 5g creatine mono daily, you will still be getting immediate benefits at a cellular level & still reach saturation levels within several months. People are just impatient and love to take more of something thinking it’s the secret to success.

The secret to significant fat loss is becoming hypo caloric for an extended period of time, not taking exponentially more ****.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am on my second week at 600mg daily and I can't tell a difference from when I was at 300mg a day. I will give it a try for a little longer.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
JackieLeen

JackieLeen

Awards
The l-carnitine I bought has grapeseed oil in it. Does anyone else pin it in this form?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The l-carnitine I bought has grapeseed oil in it. Does anyone else pin it in this form?
I have used (2) different brands but I'm not sure what either one of them used ???

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't see what value there would be to buying oil based when it can be water based... thoughts?

JackieLeen

JackieLeen

Awards
I wish I knew. I had no idea it would come in this form. It's the first time I purchased it. Now I am worried about injecting it because this will be my first time injecting anything.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wish I knew. I had no idea it would come in this form. It's the first time I purchased it. Now I am worried about injecting it because this will be my first time injecting anything.
IF you believe the source to be reputable, or more specifically you trust it to be sterile, the difference between oil and water is going to primarily be absorption time. Which is fine, because L-Carnitine actually absorbs and disperses very quickly. I pin it before I leave my house to train, the very last thing I do, then drive 15 min to the gym. But ideally, I would inject it in the parking lot or bathroom once there, but I’m not bothering with all that. Just inject it half an hour before training at least, sooner if your training is very short (less than 1 hour start to finish).

The oil being slower would mainly be an inconvenience if you wanted it present while doing cardio first thing in the morning at home. But we’re splitting hairs over what is maximally optimal - the biggest effects will be accomplished from just taking it most days/daily, regardless of timing.

Something @Smont said I really liked, is to inject a very small amount of a new source subq into some bodyfat on your ass, so if you get an infection they’re cutting out fat in an area nobody has to see instead of excising muscle or fat somewhere easily seen like the stomach. If that goes well, now you can inject IM whatever volume you need.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
IF you believe the source to be reputable, or more specifically you trust it to be sterile, the difference between oil and water is going to primarily be absorption time. Which is fine, because L-Carnitine actually absorbs and disperses very quickly. I pin it before I leave my house to train, the very last thing I do, then drive 15 min to the gym. But ideally, I would inject it in the parking lot or bathroom once there, but I’m not bothering with all that. Just inject it half an hour before training at least, sooner if your training is very short (less than 1 hour start to finish).

The oil being slower would mainly be an inconvenience if you wanted it present while doing cardio first thing in the morning at home. But we’re splitting hairs over what is maximally optimal - the biggest effects will be accomplished from just taking it most days/daily, regardless of timing.

Something @Smont said I really liked, is to inject a very small amount of a new source subq into some bodyfat on your ass, so if you get an infection they’re cutting out fat in an area nobody has to see instead of excising muscle or fat somewhere easily seen like the stomach. If that goes well, now you can inject IM whatever volume you need.
Good Info !!

JackieLeen

JackieLeen

Awards
Thank you soo much Hyde!! I soo appreciate you.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've never seen l Carnitine come in a oil base, only water.

Has anyone else ever seen carn in oil?

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've never seen l Carnitine come in a oil base, only water.

Has anyone else ever seen carn in oil?
I have not, but it’s not something I’ve paid attention to for a long time. I remember listening to discussions about it in 2018 and had no idea where to even find the stuff, besides non-domestic horse racing suppliers.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have not, but it’s not something I’ve paid attention to for a long time. I remember listening to discussions about it in 2018 and had no idea where to even find the stuff, besides non-domestic horse racing suppliers.
I just did a quick search, couldn't find anything about carn in oil outside of one fake trt clinic. I say fake because most of them are legal drug dealers not real trt clinics.

Oil would significantly slow down the release making it less useful in a pre workout fat loss scenario if I'm not mistaken.

On the flip side you could mix it with your trt injection for some other benefits.

Idk how I feel about it lol

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What would you guys expect the shelf life of water-based injectable L-Carnitine to be? I'm assuming it should be kept refrigerated (please correct me if you disagree).

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Where does everyone here source their L-Carnitine? What's the most affordable vendor? Rather then brewing it homemade.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
@Hyde Have you ever experienced or considered splitting the L Carnitine injection? For better fat loss...? One pre workout (am) and post workout, or pre bed? This way it's absorbed better. I've been pinning 1500mg my workout days with some carbs and 300mg on rest days. Should I ramp it up for my rest days? My goals are to lean out and I want to know what dose there are diminishing returns at in terms of price and fat loss

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Hyde Have you ever experienced or considered splitting the L Carnitine injection? For better fat loss...? One pre workout (am) and post workout, or pre bed? This way it's absorbed better. I've been pinning 1500mg my workout days with some carbs and 300mg on rest days. Should I ramp it up for my rest days? My goals are to lean out and I want to know what dose there are diminishing returns at in terms of price and fat loss
From what I remember, 1500mg sounds like way more than you should need. Hyde posted earlier in the thread that 200-300mg a day is all you should really need.

Rocket posted that he's seeing a difference between 600mg and 300mg. I'm curious to know how that is still going for him.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I did not really notice a big difference between 300 & 600 so I dropped back down to 300

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve never used so much, so I can’t comment. But I’ve never heard of anyone with a good physique needing that much. About a gram for someone already very in shape and deep in a prep is supposed to be the diminishing returns point.

Ironically, the fatter you are, the less your body can optimally utilize it - if you suck at fat burning, you can transport all the fat you want but if it’s not burned off it will go back into your fat cells for storage.

Yes you should split larger daily totals into a couple administration, like pre cardio and then pre workout.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think Chase Irons has a video addressing this.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will be out of town (not training) for about a week at the end of the month, any problem taking a week off from this ?? @Hyde ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will be out of town (not training) for about a week at the end of the month, any problem taking a week off from this ?? @Hyde ?
Not at all. It’s a useful tool but it’s not that serious. Modest results come from months and months of use; just enjoy your trip away from training & resume regular use when you return!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not at all. It’s a useful tool but it’s not that serious. Modest results come from months and months of use; just enjoy your trip away from training & resume regular use when you return!
Thank you!

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Hey everyone I'm concerned. When I feel the l carnitine injection site I feel a small lump. It's also warm and swollen a bit. What's the cause of this? I just noticed it today

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, the cause is the injection.

It could be an infection, or it could be just some irritation. I find that if I inject too quickly sometimes I get lumps and irritation, so I inject much slower now and that doesn't happen.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards

It could be an infection, or it could be just some irritation. I find that if I inject too quickly sometimes I get lumps and irritation, so I inject much slower now and that doesn't happen.
Hmmm. That's odd cause I've been using alchohol swabs and sanitizing the area prior to injection. Should I inject another spot in the meantime?

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards

Never though this would happen :( damn I'm alarmed!! Definitely will slow the injection down sometimes I rush it

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
For those wondering: I didn't experience any benefit going above 1 gram l carnitine. Maybe some more sweating, and endurance gain but it's marginal. I've been taking lcar for over a year now so I'm not noticing much effect as at this point plus it's been saturated for awhile now. My traps and shoulders grew a lot when I first started using it (androgen upregulation) I'm sure that's what it was. As a natural I looked enhanced, lol.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey everyone I'm concerned. When I feel the l carnitine injection site I feel a small lump. It's also warm and swollen a bit. What's the cause of this? I just noticed it today
Sub Q or IM ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sub Q, love handle area in the lower back region right side
I would not worry about it than, it will go away in a few days. That is one of the reasons prefer IM.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
Alright I hate to be that guy but man!! I can't figure out how to inject l carnitine. I mean, Im a complete noob at this stuff but geez I keep getting stinging towards the end of the shot while injecting and I back it out. Also I can't find a comfortable spot. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here and maybe share a video. Also still have a little lump on the right side and some numbness. Im referring to sub Q injection. This is difficult, but im eager to learn and master it. Can someone please help me?

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
I would be more then happy to share pictures of the injection site I've been doing if necessary :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You mean you can’t figure out IM injection?

My L-Carnitine stings a little basically every time. Most of the time it will, it’s the nature of the product. It’s not like PIP from an oil shot; it’s immediate discomfort that lasts for half a day probably, subq or IM.

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards

My L-Carnitine stings a little basically every time. Most of the time it will, it’s the nature of the product. It’s not like PIP from an oil shot; it’s immediate discomfort that lasts for half a day probably, subq or IM.
Lol, no. I can't figure out sub q to be honest here... I've been doing sub q and sometimes it's painless but other times it stings and burns for awhile as you said. I haven't don't IM yet because sub q has been working fine in my opinion. How come sometimes I get no sensation at all? It feels absolutely painless? I feel like I'm overthinking it and being a wimp, but man todays shot of sting is definitely lasting awhile...

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards

It's also harder to do when your a bigger guy. Lol I feel like it's hard to solo pin sub q it gets uncomfortable forsure

VersatileGG

VersatileGG

Awards
I think I'll still to l carnitine l tartrate (oral form) for a bit while this lump dissipates. @Hyde what dose oral would you recommend? I'm assuming (3g for androgen upregulation and any more ~10g for fat loss?
One thing I've noticed with oral carnitine is anything over 3~4g gives me the runs all day long. No wonder it causes fat loss lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you are set on doing Sub Q just google how to inject insulin I get no stinging or PIP from my IM 300mg a day (Chase Irons Brand)

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think I'll still to l carnitine l tartrate (oral form) for a bit while this lump dissipates. @Hyde what dose oral would you recommend? I'm assuming (3g for androgen upregulation and any more ~10g for fat loss?
One thing I've noticed with oral carnitine is anything over 3~4g gives me the runs all day long. No wonder it causes fat loss lol
studies have used 2gm - you can do 2gm in morning and 2gm preworkout

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2g orally split over 3 doses was found to have some effects, but it’s just nothing like what injectable delivers.

So 2-3g a day orally, but you absolutely want to break that up into 3-4 administrations. All at once is, essentially, a true waste.