L-Carnitine L-Tartrate uses ?

dpk33

Banned
Awards
i have a tub of primaforce lclt that expires soon and i have no idea what to do with it. what are the uses of this supplement on a bulk or cut? btw i'm not running x-gels or any form of ara

last time i checked, the fat loss research on this wasn't too promising but maybe things have changed and new research has come out?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Decent fat loss research (gotta use it longterm), but the main benefit is a documented improvement in recovery and vo2 max. It also improves androgen receptor density

Philosophy

Philosophy

Awards
  • Established
2-3g pre-workout for the increase in androgen receptor concentration.

And as Coop said, you need to dose it for a few months in the presence of insulin (carbs) for fat loss benefits.

dpk33

Banned
Awards
Decent fat loss research (gotta use it longterm), but the main benefit is a documented improvement in recovery and vo2 max. It also improves androgen receptor density
So more than likely I will be using this on a bulk and a cut. 2-3g preworkout for increase in androgen receptor density, as philosophy said. if you don't mind me asking, what does this actually translate to in terms of recovery, gains, fat loss? if i were to use it for fat loss, would dosage be different?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So more than likely I will be using this on a bulk and a cut. 2-3g preworkout for increase in androgen receptor density, as philosophy said. if you don't mind me asking, what does this actually translate to in terms of recovery, gains, fat loss? if i were to use it for fat loss, would dosage be different?
Nah, same dose, 2-3g daily. It should improve recovery and fat loss...gains maybe not so much

test112

Awards
  • Established
Isn't the effect on androgen receptor density just from reducing muscle damage from exercise, and thereby reducing damage to the androgen receptors within the muscles?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Indeed it is. But please note this is a "bad" damage (nuclear receptor), vs "good damage" (oxidative stress)

test112

Awards
  • Established
A lot of the write-ups on LCLT seem to talk in terms actually increasing androgen receptors, rather than maintaining them by reducing muscle damage.

PhoenixMuscle

PhoenixMuscle

Awards
Does ALCAR produce the same effect on androgen receptors as LCLT? I searched but found mixed results

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Definitely noticed a post effective on libido and other feelings that would lead me to beleive LCLT is somehow effecting my hormones. I dose it at 3-4g spread out throughout the day.

Good when taken before bed also (I take it with L-Dopa, Chlorophytum, etc) as it seems to make me sleep better. I

prefer not to take more than 1g pre-wo though as it seems to lower blood sugar.

I definitely prefer LCLT to ALCAR when it comes to Carnitine. LCLT is a staple of mine

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best times to dose LCLT? Pre-WO and pre-bed?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Would stacking with ostarine be synergistic?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does ALCAR produce the same effect on androgen receptors as LCLT? I searched but found mixed results
No, you'll want to use LCLT if you're looking for effects regarding the androgen receptor. But ALCAR is still beneficial for performance purposes... mainly for the effects in the brain (eg, cognition), but also is beneficial for athletic purposes due to increase ACh.

vogelitis_

vogelitis_

Awards
If you want to increase intramuscular carnitine, go with 3g LCLT and at least 25-30g of 'fast' carbs postworkout. If your pre workout meal usually has 100+ grams of carbohydrates just supplement it with that meal. Reasoning is LCLT increases intramuscular carnitine levels significantly when insulin is very elevated. I would personally suggest supplementing LCLT.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Why hasn't anyone brought up the fact that OP can also shoot this IM? I know this is the supplement section, but we should not avert our attention away from an optimal delivery system.

OP, this might not be the proper forum, but look up carnitine injections. I might get flamed for giving you directions, so a simple google is all you need.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why hasn't anyone brought up the fact that OP can also shoot this IM? I know this is the supplement section, but we should not avert our attention away from an optimal delivery system.

OP, this might not be the proper forum, but look up carnitine injections. I might get flamed for giving you directions, so a simple google is all you need.
Why on earth would we suggest someone to inject something that already has good data on it working orally? Despite it's low bioavailability, it already has data showing it works when taken PO, not to mention it is cheaper to buy it and take it orally.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why on earth would we suggest someone to inject something that already has good data on it working orally? Despite it's low bioavailability, it already has data showing it works when taken PO, not to mention it is cheaper to buy it and take it orally.
Indeed agree with this completely, LCLT works perfectly fine orally. Its cheap and easy to take orally.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I'm not discrediting oral consumption nor am I attempting to antagonize. I'm simply stating that optimal delivery is intramuscularly with high amounts of insulin per the study. (On mobile now. Will link later)
Indeed agree with this completely, LCLT works perfectly fine orally. Its cheap and easy to take orally.
Have you tried it intramuscularly? If not, how can you make this assessment?

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not discrediting oral consumption nor am I attempting to antagonize. I'm simply stating that optimal delivery is intramuscularly with high amounts of insulin per the study. (On mobile now. Will link later)

Not trying to say it's not effective pinning it. But for most it's not something the masses are looking to do. So for the majority with the effective data out there showing it works orally it's easier that way and also easier on the wallet. Never looked at any data showing how good it works other ways.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

It has several studies showing its effective orally, no need to show me studies on intramuscular because it doesn't address my points at all.

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Which more effective for fat loss, alcar vs tartrate?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which more effective for fat loss, alcar vs tartrate?
LCLT even though the amount of fat loss with either will be minimal compared to other products.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As Coop detailed, the benefits of LCLT address many different angles of physique and performance enhancement. Its also an affordable ingredient, making it a no brainer to add to any supplement arsenal, whether bulking or cutting.

Cerpintine

Cerpintine

Awards
Should one avoid stacking ALCAR and LCLT? I've been using ALCAR and just started a run of ABE and ARA. I've also added in the LCLT. Usually in the morning I have a small breakfast, pop two ALCAR, then make a preworkout drink/ABE/ARA and whatnot an hour later.

I just remember reading somewhere use one or the other?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should one avoid stacking ALCAR and LCLT? I've been using ALCAR and just started a run of ABE and ARA. I've also added in the LCLT. Usually in the morning I have a small breakfast, pop two ALCAR, then make a preworkout drink/ABE/ARA and whatnot an hour later. I just remember reading somewhere use one or the other?
I believe they are safe to consume together. I think it's PLCAR and ALCAR you should split up.

Either way, I would do ALCAR at 2 grams in the morning and 2-3 grams LCLT pre-workout.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I believe they are safe to consume together. I think it's PLCAR and ALCAR you should split up.

Either way, I would do ALCAR at 2 grams in the morning and 2-3 grams LCLT pre-workout.
i dose pre workout. PLCAR?

test112

Awards
  • Established
Ah yes, PLCAR would be very nice to buy but pretty much no-one sells it!!!!!!!!!!!

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
GPLC is like PLCAR I guess. I use it - it's amazing for pumps and circulation - but gdamn expensive

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah yes, PLCAR would be very nice to buy but pretty much no-one sells it!!!!!!!!!!!
SNS sells it. Look around and you'll find it.