Kratom users - Let’s kick it!

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For the first 5 days I had just about every symptom you hear about.

I had Otherworldly fatigue (getting up to go to the bathroom took serious effort and I could hardly stand for more than a couple minutes). I’m still struggling with fatigue on day 9 but it’s improved a lot. The muscle, bone, and joint aches hit me really hard, and for some reason they’ve been pretty persistent up until this point. I’m looking forward to that improving. I had a lot of extreme alterations in body temperature, one second you’re freezing and the next you’re sweating. My least favorite opiate withdrawal hit me pretty hard this time too, that being an overwhelming restless feeling and a feeling like you want to jump out of your own skin. That symptom is hitting me still every once in a while throughout the day, but it’s happening less and less. Then you got the typical cold symptoms of sneezing and runny nose. Also, I have no appetite. And finally, there’s the mental anguish, the severe anxiety, the depression, the boredom and lack of motivation. Lastly, of course there is some terrible insomnia but that’s mostly gone away at this point, it’s just hard to fall asleep, but when I do I sleep soundly.

This time I didn’t get headaches, diarrhea, or bad cravings. So at least some symptoms were missing. Im between jobs right now so that’s why I chose to quit now. I wouldn’t have been able to work.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The good news is that I’m starting to feel mentally so much better than I did at the end of my kratom use. Kratom was making me irritable, disconnected from my loved ones and surroundings, more anxious, foggy, obsessive about dosing, and it hurt my ability to feel the pleasure of everyday life. Now I’m suddenly noticing so much more beauty, like the old architecture in my neighborhood mesmerizes me. I’m more appreciative of the people in my life. I’m all around a little emotionally raw but I embrace it. Yesterday, I walked down to center city to watch some of the marathon and I nearly cried because of the amount of joy the fans and runners were expressing. It was like a big community of people supporting people, and on kratom I would’ve felt a disconnect with all that. This is all my personal experience and yours may easily vary. I have nothing against people using kratom. It’s your body, your mind, and your bank account. But for me personally, I know I live a better life without it.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The good news is that I’m starting to feel mentally so much better than I did at the end of my kratom use. Kratom was making me irritable, disconnected from my loved ones and surroundings, more anxious, foggy, obsessive about dosing, and it hurt my ability to feel the pleasure of everyday life. Now I’m suddenly noticing so much more beauty, like the old architecture in my neighborhood mesmerizes me. I’m more appreciative of the people in my life. I’m all around a little emotionally raw but I embrace it. Yesterday, I walked down to center city to watch some of the marathon and I nearly cried because of the amount of joy the fans and runners were expressing. It was like a big community of people supporting people, and on kratom I would’ve felt a disconnect with all that. This is all my personal experience and yours may easily vary. I have nothing against people using kratom. It’s your body, your mind, and your bank account. But for me personally, I know I live a better life without it.
Good for you bro... Good shyt

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For the first 5 days I had just about every symptom you hear about.

I had Otherworldly fatigue (getting up to go to the bathroom took serious effort and I could hardly stand for more than a couple minutes). I’m still struggling with fatigue on day 9 but it’s improved a lot. The muscle, bone, and joint aches hit me really hard, and for some reason they’ve been pretty persistent up until this point. I’m looking forward to that improving. I had a lot of extreme alterations in body temperature, one second you’re freezing and the next you’re sweating. My least favorite opiate withdrawal hit me pretty hard this time too, that being an overwhelming restless feeling and a feeling like you want to jump out of your own skin. That symptom is hitting me still every once in a while throughout the day, but it’s happening less and less. Then you got the typical cold symptoms of sneezing and runny nose. Also, I have no appetite. And finally, there’s the mental anguish, the severe anxiety, the depression, the boredom and lack of motivation. Lastly, of course there is some terrible insomnia but that’s mostly gone away at this point, it’s just hard to fall asleep, but when I do I sleep soundly.

This time I didn’t get headaches, diarrhea, or bad cravings. So at least some symptoms were missing. Im between jobs right now so that’s why I chose to quit now. I wouldn’t have been able to work.
Taking anything to aid in withdrawal?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This oddly sounds almost like afterglow. I get this after microdosing LSD, just really taking in how amazing things are around us and how fortunate I am.

Good luck and glad it's working out for you. A few years back I was taking 12-15gpd and loved the constant euphoria but ended up needing to take an unexpected trip and went without for a week. I did not like the first 2-3 days as I felt dependent with no energy or motivation- which were really my only WD issues. But, I love kratom and how motivated it makes me feel in general. I lowered my dose to ~4 GPD and have kept it there. Now I take 2-3 day breaks and have no issues. Dose is very much a variable in how well we deal with any WD, IMO- despite what some of the Reddit forums say.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Update for us? Are you feeling very much different than your last post?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah so it's a bit of a grey area. is it dangerous though? Almost has to be since nothing is ever too good to be true
Nobody has ever been proven to die from just Kratom so it’s safe in that way but can be addictive. I personally have used it for years and never had a problem. Just like alcohol or anything else addictive don’t use it everyday. Also if you have had addiction problems in the past clearly it’s best to avoid it.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with you, Renew, it’s much like the afterglow from a psychedelic experience. People also call it the pink cloud effect, which is a pretty typical occurrence for people coming off a drug that was fogging their mind 24/7.

So, I’m on day 13. For the most part every day is better than the last, but occasionally you’ll have a day where you feel terrible, as if you took a step back, but that’s temporary. Day 11 was like that for me. I felt hopeless and worn down from this battle. I think what I was experiencing was anhedonia, depression, anxiety, and a general feeling of emotional flatness. The world looked gray and bleak.

For the most part, right now I’m dealing with PAWS, combined with the occasional wave of acute withdrawal symptoms, but those come and go relatively quickly. I still get random temperature fluctuations. The sudden feverish spells really get to me. I’m just generally much sweatier now. The waves of intense anxiety that I seem to randomly experience only makes this worse. My sleep is still messed up, but I’ve had a couple great nights. Still, I’ll have a good night of sleep, and then the next night I won’t be able to fall asleep until 4 or 5 in the morning and will only get 3 or 4 hours. This definitely makes the next day more miserable. For the most part the aches and pains are gone. I get some random muscle twitches but that’s not too bothersome. I still get a random wave of extreme restlessness here and there. And my appetite is still weak, but I’m seeing improvements in that category. I’ve actually chosen to use that to my advantage by rolling with it and doing some intermittent fasting since I’m at about 17% body fat and could afford to go down a bit in weight.

And to answer ValiantThor, yes, I have relied HEAVILY on some remedies to get through this. I used five things to aid in my recovery.
1. Marijuana
2. Kava
3. CBD
4. Valerian root
5. Melatonin

This experience has brought back my appreciation for weed and kava. The weed is extremely helpful in treating the depression and incessant boredom, but can actually worsen anxiety. That’s where kava comes in. I prepare kava using the traditional method and drink tons of the brown, murky water. It’s incredibly helpful at treating anxiety, and depression as well. It’s also great for aches and pains. Those two things have kept me away from kratom. I haven’t smoked this much weed in years but it’s what I have to do to stay sane right now. I can already see my use decreasing as I feel better. And both weed and kava help with sleep. The cbd is less noticeable but I was taking about 20mg of that 3-4 times a day to help with anxiety and restlessness. I would also take 4 times the recommended dose of valerian root at night, combined with the recommended dose of melatonin. I’d drinking 2 to 3 Yogi teas throughout the day to aid in relaxation. This was my regimen for the first 10 days or so. Now I’m just smoking weed and drinking kava for the most part, and I’m using both in lesser quantities. But they’re still essential for right now.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention that my energy levels are constantly improving but are still not at 100%. I’d say I’m at 60-70% in that category, which is miles away from where I was the first few days when I could barely stand walking a couple feet. And there’s one other withdrawal that I experience that I don’t remember ever getting with other opiates, frequent urination. The first 7 days or so I was pissing constantly, probably 100 times a day. That is not an exaggeration. Granted, I’d consume a lot of liquid through out the day, but it was still an insane amount. And this happened to me every other time I quit kratom. It makes getting sleep even harder. But that’s enough for my ranting.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention that my energy levels are constantly improving but are still not at 100%. I’d say I’m at 60-70% in that category, which is miles away from where I was the first few days when I could barely stand walking a couple feet. And there’s one other withdrawal that I experience that I don’t remember ever getting with other opiates, frequent urination. The first 7 days or so I was pissing constantly, probably 100 times a day. That is not an exaggeration. Granted, I’d consume a lot of liquid through out the day, but it was still an insane amount. And this happened to me every other time I quit kratom. It makes getting sleep even harder. But that’s enough for my ranting.
Sup bro you still kratom free?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup, I’m still kratom free. I’ve been off it for about two and a half months. On day 17 I dislocated my shoulder. The doctor tried to put it back in without pain medication but I was too tense, so they gave me IV dilaudid. I was afraid that would set me back, and I’d seek out kratom or something worse afterward, but I was able to resist those urges. I still firmly believe I will not use kratom again, and I know it is 100% within my control whether I do or not. And I’m choosing not to.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yup, I’m still kratom free. I’ve been off it for about two and a half months. On day 17 I dislocated my shoulder. The doctor tried to put it back in without pain medication but I was too tense, so they gave me IV dilaudid. I was afraid that would set me back, and I’d seek out kratom or something worse afterward, but I was able to resist those urges. I still firmly believe I will not use kratom again, and I know it is 100% within my control whether I do or not. And I’m choosing not to.
That's awesome. It's best that nothing rules over a man, well, except for God :)

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
It's funny how many people become addicted to Kratom, and you constantly see ads on the forum for it. I just find it strange

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's funny how many people become addicted to Kratom, and you constantly see ads on the forum for it. I just find it strange
In all fairness...not all get addicted and not all withdraw from it. It's not like a drug that hooks nearly everyone that touches it

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got my doses down pretty darn low. Between 2 and 4 grams. When withdrawals do kick in theyre manageable. Lowering my doses I went to a period of about 3 days where I felt like I was in constant withdrawals. Then something happened. Some of the fog has lifted, I'm thinking better feeling better and I think it's time to jump ship.

I may stay at this dose or try to taper further for a few days then just ride it out. I want off the K train

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got my doses down pretty darn low. Between 2 and 4 grams. When withdrawals do kick in theyre manageable. Lowering my doses I went to a period of about 3 days where I felt like I was in constant withdrawals. Then something happened. Some of the fog has lifted, I'm thinking better feeling better and I think it's time to jump ship.

I may stay at this dose or try to taper further for a few days then just ride it out. I want off the K train
It is time...be gone with it!

I’m still Kratom fee for well over a month now and feeling so much better!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is time...be gone with it!

I’m still Kratom fee for well over a month now and feeling so much better!
Thats great man, people getting off is actually encouraging me its time also. I have a friend who's been on forever and just got off. I'm ready to go

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys should make the jump, especially if you can get a little time off work for the first couple days.

Two days ago was my three month anniversary since I went cold turkey. I feel a million times better than I did when I was on and so much better than those first two months or so when I quit. I feel the PAWS are behind me. I have been experiencing an increase in cravings this past two weeks but I believe it’s because I’ve cut way back on alcohol as an attempt to cut/get more physically and mentally healthy/prepare my body for a mini rad140 cycle. But I won’t give into those cravings. I’d rather just keep learning how to live my life without the need to be on some form of mind altering substance. During PAWS I never stopped to think that I was feeling shitty as a result of quitting kratom, but in retrospect I realize I was suffering from some pretty bad depression and anxiety for a good two months or so, and it was definitely my brain adjusting. This, combined with my shoulder injury that kept me out of the gym, made me drink like a fish for a while. But now I’m healed and I don’t need any crutch.

Once you make the decision to stop, just keep moving forward at all costs. Find other ways to cope for the time being and then when that’s no longer necessary you can reduce that too. Preferably find healthy distractions.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You guys should make the jump, especially if you can get a little time off work for the first couple days.

Two days ago was my three month anniversary since I went cold turkey. I feel a million times better than I did when I was on and so much better than those first two months or so when I quit. I feel the PAWS are behind me. I have been experiencing an increase in cravings this past two weeks but I believe it’s because I’ve cut way back on alcohol as an attempt to cut/get more physically and mentally healthy/prepare my body for a mini rad140 cycle. But I won’t give into those cravings. I’d rather just keep learning how to live my life without the need to be on some form of mind altering substance. During PAWS I never stopped to think that I was feeling shitty as a result of quitting kratom, but in retrospect I realize I was suffering from some pretty bad depression and anxiety for a good two months or so, and it was definitely my brain adjusting. This, combined with my shoulder injury that kept me out of the gym, made me drink like a fish for a while. But now I’m healed and I don’t need any crutch.

Once you make the decision to stop, just keep moving forward at all costs. Find other ways to cope for the time being and then when that’s no longer necessary you can reduce that too. Preferably find healthy distractions.
Yeah, I was trying to quit/taper since October or so, but I was very unsuccessful making any significant progress for months. I used Black Seed Oil, and Agmatine to try and ease the taper as well.

I thought I was having severe withdrawals when trying to cut back, I actually think the bigger problem was that I was just going through a period of increased anxiety/depression anyway.

When I actually came off ~6 weeks ago, it was actually quite unproblematic. Incidentally, I wasn’t even taking Agmatine or Black Seed Oil at the time.

Last edited:
Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I was trying to quit/taper since October or so, but I was very unsuccessful making any significant progress for months. I used Black Seed Oil, and Agmatine to try and ease the taper as well.

I thought I was having severe withdrawals when trying to cut back, I actually think the bigger problem was that I was just going through a period of increased anxiety/depression anyway.

When I actually came off ~6 weeks ago, it was actually quite unproblematic. Incidentally, I wasn’t even taking Agmatine or Black Seed Oil at the time.
So many people with this same experience... And ive come off before with minimal issues. I need to just reach down, grab my nuts and do it

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So many people with this same experience... And ive come off before with minimal issues. I need to just reach down, grab my nuts and do it
At the very least, just grab you nuts and see what happens. It may just be enough to distract you from dosing kratom in the first place..

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's it! Completely agree...if your ready to face it head on for some reason it makes it a pinch easier to get through. Theres a few things that can be dangerous while going through detox/paws...for everything else - as you said - "grab your nuts and do it"....love the way you put that...I'm stealing it!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh, I had no idea what PAWS meant, so I just looked it up.
I guess I’m right in that zone, and I am definitely getting none of that.

I think being on some fun stims and /or nootropics definitely helps. Mike’s Aterall product definitely helped me out on some days

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's it! Completely agree...if your ready to face it head on for some reason it makes it a pinch easier to get through. Theres a few things that can be dangerous while going through detox/paws...for everything else - as you said - "grab your nuts and do it"....love the way you put that...I'm stealing it!
Yeah man, thats the best way I can describe it lol I'll put my purse down first

@bigbeaph what kinda things do you think make it harder during the withdrawal/ paws stage?

I'm ready I just gotta do it. Every other weekend I dont have my kids so I'm gonna do it the weekend after this one. I'm gonna try and find some gabapentin tho and I have a cbd/thc tincture oh and stims haha I'm not quitting everything just the kratom
Oh, I had no idea what PAWS meant, so I just looked it up.
I guess I’m right in that zone, and I am definitely getting none of that.

I think being on some fun stims and /or nootropics definitely helps. Mike’s Aterall product definitely helped me out on some days
Yeah certain helper meds can make it easier. We self-medicate through life lol thats how we living, I'm honest with myself about that. But shyt I used to medicate in hella destructive ways so at least ive grown wiser in context to which drugs I can actually take with minimal adverse reactions. Risk vs reward, I'm a control freak and am always trying to control how I feel.... Hence the self medicating

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

@bigbeaph what kinda things do you think make it harder during the withdrawal/ paws stage?

I'm ready I just gotta do it. Every other weekend I dont have my kids so I'm gonna do it the weekend after this one. I'm gonna try and find some gabapentin tho and I have a cbd/thc tincture oh and stims haha I'm not quitting everything just the kratom Yeah certain helper meds can make it easier. We self-medicate through life lol thats how we living, I'm honest with myself about that. But shyt I used to medicate in hella destructive ways so at least ive grown wiser in context to which drugs I can actually take with minimal adverse reactions. Risk vs reward, I'm a control freak and am always trying to control how I feel.... Hence the self medicating
That’s definitely how I live my life as well. I’m constantly taking pills to manipulate the way I feel, and have been consistently for like 15 years. It’s kind of like an OCD thing too, along with the fact that it works for me in most cases. I don’t particularly think it’s a bad thing- though I do consume more stims on a chronic basis than most would advise. Otherwise, I’m essentially drug free and rarely drink or smoke the reefer. I can’t even get high from reefer nowadays anyway 🤷‍♂️

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I'm ready I just gotta do it. Every other weekend I dont have my kids so I'm gonna do it the weekend after this one. I'm gonna try and find some gabapentin tho and I have a cbd/thc tincture oh and stims haha I'm not quitting everything just the kratom Yeah certain helper meds can make it easier. We self-medicate through life lol thats how we living, I'm honest with myself about that. But shyt I used to medicate in hella destructive ways so at least ive grown wiser in context to which drugs I can actually take with minimal adverse reactions. Risk vs reward, I'm a control freak and am always trying to control how I feel.... Hence the self medicating
For me it was the inability to enjoy anything. My kids, food, movies etc. And you just want a 5 min break. Biggest thing by a long shot for me was after I had been through it several times. (Didnt learn my lesson super fast!) But you have to KNOW that no matter how awful today is that tomorrow will be better. And in 2 or 3 days you'll be a ton better. It just makes every moment a struggle and none wants to live that.

Physically I'd have to say the pain. Joints and bones hurting and aching and all that. Although I was really surprised how a large dose of ibuprofen would help for a little while too...but you just dont get to move past it until your completely clean - there is no "relax" time. It's just a fkn battle for your soul in a lot of cases. Remember how much people around you love you and they dont want to see you a slave to any drugs. Then turn on some old Hatebreed really dam loud "born to bleed, fighting to succeed. Built to endure what this world throws at me!" and fight it!

I'm just speaking about addiction in general - not specifically to kratom.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me it was the inability to enjoy anything. My kids, food, movies etc. And you just want a 5 min break. Biggest thing by a long shot for me was after I had been through it several times. (Didnt learn my lesson super fast!) But you have to KNOW that no matter how awful today is that tomorrow will be better. And in 2 or 3 days you'll be a ton better. It just makes every moment a struggle and none wants to live that.

Physically I'd have to say the pain. Joints and bones hurting and aching and all that. Although I was really surprised how a large dose of ibuprofen would help for a little while too...but you just dont get to move past it until your completely clean - there is no "relax" time. It's just a fkn battle for your soul in a lot of cases. Remember how much people around you love you and they dont want to see you a slave to any drugs. Then turn on some old Hatebreed really dam loud "born to bleed, fighting to succeed. Built to endure what this world throws at me!" and fight it!

the sooner you quit completely, the sooner you’ll be free.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s definitely how I live my life as well. I’m constantly taking pills to manipulate the way I feel, and have been consistently for like 15 years. It’s kind of like an OCD thing too, along with the fact that it works for me in most cases. I don’t particularly think it’s a bad thing- though I do consume more stims on a chronic basis than most would advise. Otherwise, I’m essentially drug free and rarely drink or smoke the reefer. I can’t even get high from reefer nowadays anyway 🤷‍♂️
Yeah ive just learned to accept the fact that I chase the feel good haha

For sure bro, I agree at the end of the day it comes down to a huge mental battle. I try and put my kids in the forefront of my mind and knowing that it will only make me better in my relationships. You're right man, its still bondage and I want off!
I agree man, I'm so ready I'm gonna try and jump totally off within the next week. I'm ready bro

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, and looking back, I was unnecessarily prolonging the process myself. It’s better just to make up your mind to be done with it and feel better quicker. It’s a win/win!

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Wow that headline was something a 40 year old Dad would post.... Oh ****.....

Anyways, Mods, do what you gotta do, but this thread will help a lot of guys in this section that struggle with this stuff. I know for a fact, a lot of them don’t venture to other sections of AM and I’m hoping we can make some good things happen here.
Hopefully you’ll give me a few days to get some guys to join if you need to move the thread.

So, There’s a few of us that have elected to try and kick the addiction. I can’t afford to do it any other way than a taper. I have some great OTC remedies that I for whatever reason refuse to actually use myself. But I thought if some of us kept each other accountable, all of us that are willing can take the next 12 months(or less) and track our use, taper to a dose that’s acceptable to jump off with little discomfort, and utilize some great otc/pharm remedies that will help the transition.

I hope anyone that’s wanting to do this will join me in this challenge. I want to be Kratom free this Spring.
Didn't know kratom was bad for you and addictive. I use it every day, sometimes twice. I went off for a week and didn't notice any withdraws or anything.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't know kratom was bad for you and addictive. I use it every day, sometimes twice. I went off for a week and didn't notice any withdraws or anything.
Everyone responds differently. People with a previous opiate addiction usually experience terrible withdrawals from kratom. I was addicted to heroin and oxycodone at points in my life, so kratom withdrawal was hell for me. Heavy kratom users that have never touched other opiates also often experience terrible withdrawals. It’s dose dependent and biochemistry dependent.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Everyone responds differently. People with a previous opiate addiction usually experience terrible withdrawals from kratom. I was addicted to heroin and oxycodone at points in my life, so kratom withdrawal was hell for me. Heavy kratom users that have never touched other opiates also often experience terrible withdrawals. It’s dose dependent and biochemistry dependent.
what do you usually dose at?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what do you usually dose at?
Whenever I used kratom I’d usually start at 15g a day, split into 3 or 4 doses and would eventually hit 25-30g a day split into 5 doses, sometimes more. It’d mentally get a hold of me. Then I’d quit cold turkey and suffer through.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Whenever I used kratom I’d usually start at 15g a day, split into 3 or 4 doses and would eventually hit 25-30g a day split into 5 doses, sometimes more. It’d mentally get a hold of me. Then I’d quit cold turkey and suffer through.
Just quit myself been 3 days. Safe to say I’m clear thought the withdrawal would be a lot worse as I have detoxed of heroin many times in the past and had suboxone withdrawals for about a month after being on it for 2 years. Was using it for the last 7 months everyday about 2-4oz a day.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just quit myself been 3 days. Safe to say I’m clear thought the withdrawal would be a lot worse as I have detoxed of heroin many times in the past and had suboxone withdrawals for about a month after being on it for 2 years. Was using it for the last 7 months everyday about 2-4oz a day.
2 to 4 oz a day? Expensive

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, you’re a very lucky man. Considering your daily dose and previous drug use I’d have figured you’d be in a world of hell right now. But congratulations on making the jump.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Wow, you’re a very lucky man. Considering your daily dose and previous drug use I’d have figured you’d be in a world of hell right now. But congratulations on making the jump.
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised because of a couple of days I dosed late I was tucking fatigued and restless.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised because of a couple of days I dosed late I was tucking fatigued and restless.
Fatigued and restless is the worst feeling. I was never able to verbalize that feeling to people who haven’t gone through an opiate withdrawal. But then I heard someone say it’s like you just finished an iron man and then drank ten Red Bull’s. I think that’s a fair analogy for really bad withdrawals.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Fatigued and restless is the worst feeling. I was never able to verbalize that feeling to people who haven’t gone through an opiate withdrawal. But then I heard someone say it’s like you just finished an iron man and then drank ten Red Bull’s. I think that’s a fair analogy for really bad withdrawals.
That’s funny I believe yesterday was day four I couldn’t sleep for **** got the restlessness insanely bad took 200mg if trazadone and 30 mg of mirtazapine and still couldn’t get to sleep. Should be over besides a little fatigue now. Honestly might be noticing more because the week before I went from a gram of test to try dose 200mg so Quite a bit jade probably left the body. I thought it was gonna be a lot worse on second and 3rd day.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s funny I believe yesterday was day four I couldn’t sleep for **** got the restlessness insanely bad took 200mg if trazadone and 30 mg of mirtazapine and still couldn’t get to sleep. Should be over besides a little fatigue now. Honestly might be noticing more because the week before I went from a gram of test to try dose 200mg so Quite a bit jade probably left the body. I thought it was gonna be a lot worse on second and 3rd day.
I think it’s mostly the kratom withdrawal and not the test. Kratom withdrawal is known to really creep up on people and linger for a while. A lot of people feel almost nothing on their first day or two of quitting and then it gets a lot worse. But it’ll definitely subside in the next week or so. And then sleep might not be great for a while but it’ll be much better than this several day period.

And I want to point out one weird thing about kratom. It has several dozen known alkaloids in it. It’s definitely possible that each one has different half-lives and that creates a weird withdrawal timeline. So you might have varying degrees of different symptoms that come in waves for a little bit.

chaz

Awards
Sorry to raise this thread from the dead but I've been over it a few times now and again found myself going through it. I know there is alot of talk about tapering, which is what I've been trying to do unsuccessfully from around 30 or a little higher gpd. Does anyone have any specific regimens they use for a taper, especially with BSO and agmatine. BSO does cut my dose down pretty well but I forget to use it often and just bumping it back up.

I'd love to see any specific plans anyone has used for a taper, I'd love to get down to 10gpd or less. I really like K but hate going up so much in dose. It would be great to get off completely, but I do find it beneficial in many ways. I always read less is more and see alot of these posts on here how guys have tapered from 30 or more a day down to almost nothing like 3 gpd. Thanks for anything provided and have a great day all!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What benefits?

Also, you won’t successfully quite until you WANT to. Making incremental tapering steps would be best IMO.

I quit cold turkey 3(?) years ago? Granted I was only using 10-12gpd. It sucked for the first two weeks but I knew it wouldn’t last.

Good luck my friend.

chaz

Awards
As far as benefits, I'm older and was in the military. I've suffered alot of injuries over the years and need a full knee replacement at 40 in addition to a fractured vertebra and bulging discs. It does give me relief as opposed to being on megadoses of ibuprofen or any other NSAIDs. Especially opiate pain meds. So I can train relatively pain free....relatively...and not be in horrendous pain after heavy deads or squats, granted I should probably just give those lifts up. Other than that and the mood boost that's about it I guess. I gather you are correct its probably way better to just get off of this plant.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to raise this thread from the dead but I've been over it a few times now and again found myself going through it. I know there is alot of talk about tapering, which is what I've been trying to do unsuccessfully from around 30 or a little higher gpd. Does anyone have any specific regimens they use for a taper, especially with BSO and agmatine. BSO does cut my dose down pretty well but I forget to use it often and just bumping it back up.

I'd love to see any specific plans anyone has used for a taper, I'd love to get down to 10gpd or less. I really like K but hate going up so much in dose. It would be great to get off completely, but I do find it beneficial in many ways. I always read less is more and see alot of these posts on here how guys have tapered from 30 or more a day down to almost nothing like 3 gpd. Thanks for anything provided and have a great day all!
No protocol will matter without the discipline to enact it - that’s the sole driver for execution, and as Tyga said that won’t happen without resolve to do so. It’s a decision. You have to be on board in your heart to want to stay down at X dose, or be off it entirely.

If it sounds simple, that’s because it is - and notice I didn’t say easy, because that’s very different from simple.

Make a plan and stick to it. “I am going to do exactly 30g for 3 days, then drop 1 gram out every 3 days”, or what have you. And when you come up with X reason why today isn’t the day to follow the plan, have a reason written down ahead of time to remind yourself why it’s important to you (I don’t want to be a slave to this, I can spend this money on my family, I know I am tough enough to endure some pain, etc).

chaz

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys! I agree, Its much harder to act on it rather than just thinking about it. BSO is black seed oil or nigella sativa. Honestly for pain amd mood i would stick to just cbd if I could, but i get tested at work amd really dont want to test those waters. CBD amd D8 give me alot of pain relief and mood enhancement of course but its something I cant do on a regular basis.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw no benefits of taking Kratom (have bulging L2-3 and L4-5 discs as well) as far as pain relief went. It did nothing but got me high (from the benzo type feel and “mood” boost).

You really just have a decision to make, do you want to quit it or not. When you’ve come to the conclusion, then act. Remember, drugs tend to make you rationalize WHY you can continue to use them and ignore the down falls.

chaz

Awards
Thanks brother... you are 100% correct. Truly, I do want to quit rather than just taper to a low dose. I have before successfully CT, but the initial covid wave I got right back in, and honestly looking back it wasn't for pain it was more from stress.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not sure about the benefits of 'kicking' kratom.

Kratom has many benefits for athletes, as detailed here:

If you're super addicted to kratom and you're drinking it all and having constant constipation, yeah maybe I can see you wanting to quit. But if you're just using it sparingly, you should be just fine. If you're having constipation issues, just take some ZMA every night before bed, and the magnesium in the formula will act as a natural and safe laxative.