Kleen's APEX ALCHEMY FLASHPOINT BETA LOG (Sponsored)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Since no cardio is happening I went in and did an upper body pump workout to even things out from yesterday. I didn't go crazy or hard but got in some compound movements and got out of there. Kept pace high to increase metabolism.

Super Set 1
Military Press - 95x20, 20, 20,15
Pull Ups - 8, 8, 7, 6

Super Set 2
Push Ups - 30, 30, 25
Seated Rows - 100x15, 80x20, 80x20

Obviously Pull Ups are not a good pump exercise for me, more of a hypertrophy rep range but I am prioritizing them with frequency, peppering in sets whenever I can bump then in. Had to laugh about lowering the weight on the rows but the pull ups took it out of me.

Had a great upper body pump!!! You would think with the lack of carbs that big pumps wouldn't be happening but I had a sleeve splitting pump when I left the gym. Well looked like it may split the sleeve anyway. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hit a new mile marker since coming back. I went back to my CNS diet and stayed keto all week so I could get a nice depleted weigh in to have to compare to my depleted starting weight. Well I was pleased with my weigh in.

199.3!!!! BOOM I broke the 200 mark and just in time for my massive refeed!

I did this one right! I kept total fat over the 2 days below 100 and kept 2/3rd of the carbs easily digesting starches so more glycogen for the muscles. I got in about 350p, 1200c, 100f, at 7100 calories and worked every body part twice over this 36 hour refeeding window.

I weighed over 208 coming to bed tonight, I expect to drop the extra water and glycogen quickly over the next few days. I imagine end of day tomorrow, or for sure by Tuesday morning I will be looking pretty sharp, full, and a bit tighter than right now. I had to eat like it was my job to get that done.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now just imagine there are some guys that actually have to eat that much every single day to maintain their size Pretty wild!
I know right! It would have been a whole lot easier with fats in the mix, but that was a lot of food for me considering I can bulk on 3000-3200 calories. I am about 16 hours into my first fast since the refeed.

I am heavily considering a mild cycle after I finish this last bottle of FLASHPOINT. Still not sure yet. So tempting but still not sure.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well the fun continues. I got sent home for exposure to someone that was at work last week. I have my test scheduled for tomorrow. No symptoms so that is good. I guess all workouts will be in garage until I get test results back.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well the fun continues. I got sent home for exposure to someone that was at work last week. I have my test scheduled for tomorrow. No symptoms so that is good. I guess all workouts will be in garage until I get test results back.
Crossing fingers the test comes back negative!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Crossing fingers the test comes back negative!
Same here don't have any symptoms so hoping for the best!

I am going to do a little lifting tonight but my shoulder is a little twingy from trying reverse grip DB, I found a good angle for them at 60 degrees but the first try at 30 degrees bit me. I think it is more than likely the labrum and that is just my bad angle until I can go get cleaned up again. Degenerative arthritis sucks... Anyway, I know another way to hit the clavicular pec innervation and although a little awkward to get down it hits that area excellently. I forgot the name but got it from Jeff Cavalier you kind of do like a shrug for the pec mixed with some adduction.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had to read that first part a few times, as I thought you had been sent home because you exposed your genitals to someone at work ;). Well, maybe that happened too..

I was able to pull it all together eventually though after reading the entire thing 2 or 3 times…Haha

Either way, I hope it all turns out well for you regarding the test!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had to read that first part a few times, as I thought you had been sent home because you exposed your genitals to someone at work ;). Well, maybe that happened too..

I was able to pull it all together eventually though after reading the entire thing 2 or 3 times…Haha

Either way, I hope it all turns out well for you regarding the test!
Too funny!

I wanted to train tonight even though my RC was a lil touchy. I stayed away from the angles that test it and went for a vertical push and pull. I decided to feel things out and do low reps to keep stabilizers happy. It worked well.

General warmup

Alternating sets 10 sets each last set to RPE9 and then a drop set
Pull ups 3 x 9 sets 7x1 burn out on lat pull downs
Military press 135 x 3 x 9 sets, 135x8>95*7

I had a nice pump when it was all said and done.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I always love doing those nice quick workouts that get you a good pump!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Too funny!

I wanted to train tonight even though my RC was a lil touchy. I stayed away from the angles that test it and went for a vertical push and pull. I decided to feel things out and do low reps to keep stabilizers happy. It worked well.

General warmup

Alternating sets 10 sets each last set to RPE9 and then a drop set
Pull ups 3 x 9 sets 7x1 burn out on lat pull downs
Military press 135 x 3 x 9 sets, 135x8>95*7

I had a nice pump when it was all said and done.
nice brother. Any news on the test?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
nice brother. Any news on the test?
No results yet, I had to do the PRC Test and they said 24-48 hours for results and that the lab has been really busy lately so sometimes a little longer. So I am expecting to hear something tonight or tomorrow morning. I feel fine and no one in the family is showing any signs as of yet to so I think that is good.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for not getting back on after dropping the bomb about getting tested. Got my negative results back so happy about that. Yesterday was a hard day for me and I just kind of stayed away from all social media.

Dealing with some other issues right now, my foot is still causing me some trouble, and my labrum seems to be lit up. Cardio has dropped a bit with the foot hurting, and now having to back off a little on the lift. No big deal, I don't feel broken, just beaten up a little. WIll probably just go for a walk at lunch or maybe just ride a bike in the gym. We shall see what takes place. I am of schedule on lifting and cardio right now.

Wednesday Evening I did 25 minutes of VR Cardio then during one of the songs I moved my shoulder wrong and it lit up my labrum. Now when I move my arm the wrong way it sends a jolt of pain through my shoulder. Going to have to get the inflammation under control, and avoid some movements that exacerbate things for a bit.

Speaking of inflammation, I have been using the Helios twice a day on the tops of my feet. I think it is helping some, but I need to add IBUPROFEN back into the mix to really take care of this acute inflammation. As far as my skin goes it is tap dancing on that line where I am definitely experiencing a mild reaction, but not something that would make me stop using the product. It is more than likely a result of drying out than anything and pretty typical of a TD solution unless using mostly TD oils like EMU.

Diet - I went off my diet yesterday, kind of went off the rails. Was the 1 year anniversary of my father's death, and I was trying to buy a car for my daughter and just nothing was working out. I got frustrated and told the wife I really needed to find a way to make the day better somehow. So I told her we were going out for dinner and a few drinks at a place that makes my favorite cake to perfection. The Tres leches!!!! So I definitely messed up the dietary plan. However it brought joy to an otherwise SHlT day.

Also I noticed I have had a bit of indigestion since the massive refeed this weekend and have decided that the benefits don't justify that aftermath. I will stick with my smaller one day or evening refeeds and do them just a little more often or something.

Once this log is over I am probably going to move over to a more balanced diet, eating carbs mostly in the peri-workout window. However not looking to change it up now because I need to end depleted to be able to compare weight loss.

I got into the last bottle a few days ago and assume I have about another week left judging by how long the other bottles have lasted.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
sometimes a hearty meal and few cocktails is what a real man needs.
AMEN!!! The meal turned around what was otherwise a real crapper of a day...
Regularly. In fact, there's merit to the idea that it should be mandatory.
Certainly, use, but don't abuse
My friend is fond of saying “2 drink MINIMUM” for business lunches
Hehe, I had that backfire on me before... Had 2 margaritas at lunch once and the first was stout, the 2nd was a game changer!!! Thank goodness it was a holiday Friday and no one was in the office. I was just barely buzzed leaving lunch but was drunk by the time I got to my desk... Luckily I could sit down and close the door but that was the only time I have ever been caught by surprise like that after a lunch drink taking my ass out!!!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i goto (used to anyhow) a place that serves these really tall chinese beers Tsing toa i think they are spelled... man two of those for lunch makes for a long afternoon.

with a dry mouf

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well guys, I have a little bad news. I spoke too soon on the skin issue. I said tap dancing on the line and nothing that would make me quit the product early. However last night it was itching badly when I got home and took my shirt off. I noticed the skin drying and flaking at the application site. I did not use the product last night because of that. Today I have the crepe'ing and dry skin everywhere the application makes contact with again. It is not as bad yet but I am not going to continue the product. I tried to capture some of it in a picture but not sure if it will show, if it does I will post it.

I will write up a review tomorrow but unfortunately I don't think it is wise for my skin to finish this last week.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I need to get a couple pics of myself together I didn't manage to take one before leaving for Austin. The day just got away from me with trying to spend some time with the family before heading out.

Also the pics of the crepe'ing kind of show what I am referring to but not enough for anyone to look and go aha!! I can still post if anyone is interested but I didn't feel like they were obvious enough to post.

I am going to go ahead and write up my review today, and will take some pics to update it with hopefully tomorrow morning.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
FLASHPOINT Final Review - @Renew1 @xR1pp3Rx @nostrum420

I wanted to start by thanking the APEX team for the opportunity to test this product.

I am just going to discuss different thoughts and experiences during this run.

Application - this is well known to be one of the benefits of APEX products, it definitely seems to penetrate the skin quite well and very quickly. I could put my clothing on within 5 minutes of applying without worrying about transferring residue to my clothing.

ODOR- I hate to say this, although I mentioned it multiple times throughout the log but this stuff does not smell good. You go noseblind to it about 10 minutes after putting it on but the odor is still there. Sometimes an hour or two later I would catch a whiff off of a breeze or a fan occasionally and be like "Oh crap... it still smells. " My wife asked me to move away from her on the couch a couple times because she said I stunk. I have never had a TD that my wife has complained about so much. That being said for how effectively it seems to penetrate the skin, the hardcore will not even flinch at the smell.

Skin Issues
- Admittedly I have had a lot more issues with the product than others running the beta test and had to stop just short of completion due to them. I have mild eczema, and for whatever reason this particular solvent / carrier really seemed to stress my skin over time. Not just causing an outbreak, but my skin took on a crepe'ing look, like an older persons for a bit then dried up and peeled off. I originally thought this was also related to me doing a lot of walking and chaffing, but that had never happened before. I took a week off of the product let it clear up and started back up. Unfortunately just the other day the crepe'ing and skin drying back up started again. I have attached a couple pictures. Doesn't look like much in the pictures but itches and kind of stings when applying the product so I stopped so it would not continue to get worse and peel off like it did before.

Side of pec near armpit - see the skin crepe'ing and the drying up and starting to peel again.

Just under the arm by the lats - beginning of dry skin, and some more skin crepe'ing.

I have to say that I would not be too worried about developing a skin issue with this product, which is kind of odd to hear coming from someone who did not complete the run due to skin issues. However I want to discuss some extenuating circumstances I think may have played a part.

1- Application Site Size - I was putting the product on a MUCH SMALLER AREA than the other testers. So when I applied .5ml per lower pec region the dose and solvent concentration was much heavier due to being spread out far less.

2 - Lack of application site rotation - due to the fact we were testing the "spot reduction" effects of the product rotating application sites was not possible. I think that if I were able to rotate application sites I probably would not have run into an issue.

Targeted Effects of Product - The goal of this beta test was to see if this product was a viable way to target localized fat loss through transdermal application. Unfortunately I did not see any additional localized fat loss in the area of application. That is not to say there was not a visible change in the first week of using the product that most people notice. Most of us noticed a change in localized tightening of the area, however it appeared to be more water / hydration related than fat loss. The state of my skin drying out also leads me to believe this is the case as well.

Alternate Use Suggestion - Since this seems to disperse water locally in the skin, someone could possibly use about a week out from something you want your skin to look firmer or tighter for like a photo session or competition.

Overall Results and Summary -
Beginning weight a very depleted 207.7
Final Weight a very depleted 199.3 - A loss of 8.4 Lbs in 7 weeks.
Pretty good if you consider this is the tail end of a diet I had already lost 19lbs before starting, and was already depleted at the weigh in so no trickery with scale weights.

Although I can not give this product the nod for targeted localized fat loss, I do believe that is has helped me with fat loss systemically. I have a lot of experience cutting. For the work I put in, and the deficit I carried I feel that the product stepped in and covered the bases where my normal thermogenic diet pills would have been. Getting that assist without any jitters or irritability is nice. I have seen the same amount of fat loss as I would expect while running a good thermogenic diet pill so if looking for a no stim fat loss solution I think this might be up that alley instead of spot reduction.

My recommendation to users and APEX ALCHEMY - Since I did not notice spot reduction I would use/market the product for systemic distribution of the active ingredient for overall fat loss, rather than spot reduction. This will also allow for application site rotations that should curb skin issues for people who have skin issues.

I will post up some final pics hopefully tomorrow. I am traveling so lighting will not be the same. Also I am reintroducing carbs back into my daily diet now, so I have already added a lb or two at a minimum. I don't have a scale here with me to check how much but want to be transparent.

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
AMEN!!! The meal turned around what was otherwise a real crapper of a day...
Certainly, use, but don't abuse
Hehe, I had that backfire on me before... Had 2 margaritas at lunch once and the first was stout, the 2nd was a game changer!!! Thank goodness it was a holiday Friday and no one was in the office. I was just barely buzzed leaving lunch but was drunk by the time I got to my desk... Luckily I could sit down and close the door but that was the only time I have ever been caught by surprise like that after a lunch drink taking my ass out!!!
Haha that’s funny! I had a similar experience when we stopped to eat on the way back from moving our daughter back to college. I ordered a margarita and it was so strong I had to ask for sweet and sour to add…then Hubby ordered a crown and Coke- it came in a 32 ounce mug…needless to say, I stopped halfway through my drink to be able to drive home.

FLASHPOINT Final Review - @Renew1 @xR1pp3Rx @nostrum420

I wanted to start by thanking the APEX team for the opportunity to test this product.

I am just going to discuss different thoughts and experiences during this run.

Application - this is well known to be one of the benefits of APEX products, it definitely seems to penetrate the skin quite well and very quickly. I could put my clothing on within 5 minutes of applying without worrying about transferring residue to my clothing.

ODOR- I hate to say this, although I mentioned it multiple times throughout the log but this stuff does not smell good. You go noseblind to it about 10 minutes after putting it on but the odor is still there. Sometimes an hour or two later I would catch a whiff off of a breeze or a fan occasionally and be like "Oh crap... it still smells. " My wife asked me to move away from her on the couch a couple times because she said I stunk. I have never had a TD that my wife has complained about so much. That being said for how effectively it seems to penetrate the skin, the hardcore will not even flinch at the smell.

Skin Issues
- Admittedly I have had a lot more issues with the product than others running the beta test and had to stop just short of completion due to them. I have mild eczema, and for whatever reason this particular solvent / carrier really seemed to stress my skin over time. Not just causing an outbreak, but my skin took on a crepe'ing look, like an older persons for a bit then dried up and peeled off. I originally thought this was also related to me doing a lot of walking and chaffing, but that had never happened before. I took a week off of the product let it clear up and started back up. Unfortunately just the other day the crepe'ing and skin drying back up started again. I have attached a couple pictures. Doesn't look like much in the pictures but itches and kind of stings when applying the product so I stopped so it would not continue to get worse and peel off like it did before.

Side of pec near armpit - see the skin crepe'ing and the drying up and starting to peel again.
View attachment 207898

Just under the arm by the lats - beginning of dry skin, and some more skin crepe'ing.

View attachment 207899

I have to say that I would not be too worried about developing a skin issue with this product, which is kind of odd to hear coming from someone who did not complete the run due to skin issues. However I want to discuss some extenuating circumstances I think may have played a part.

1- Application Site Size - I was putting the product on a MUCH SMALLER AREA than the other testers. So when I applied .5ml per lower pec region the dose and solvent concentration was much heavier due to being spread out far less.

2 - Lack of application site rotation - due to the fact we were testing the "spot reduction" effects of the product rotating application sites was not possible. I think that if I were able to rotate application sites I probably would not have run into an issue.

Targeted Effects of Product - The goal of this beta test was to see if this product was a viable way to target localized fat loss through transdermal application. Unfortunately I did not see any additional localized fat loss in the area of application. That is not to say there was not a visible change in the first week of using the product that most people notice. Most of us noticed a change in localized tightening of the area, however it appeared to be more water / hydration related than fat loss. The state of my skin drying out also leads me to believe this is the case as well.

Alternate Use Suggestion - Since this seems to disperse water locally in the skin, someone could possibly use about a week out from something you want your skin to look firmer or tighter for like a photo session or competition.

Overall Results and Summary -
Beginning weight a very depleted 207.7
Final Weight a very depleted 199.3 - A loss of 8.4 Lbs in 7 weeks.
Pretty good if you consider this is the tail end of a diet I had already lost 19lbs before starting, and was already depleted at the weigh in so no trickery with scale weights.

Although I can not give this product the nod for targeted localized fat loss, I do believe that is has helped me with fat loss systemically.
I have a lot of experience cutting. For the work I put in, and the deficit I carried I feel that the product stepped in and covered the bases where my normal thermogenic diet pills would have been. Getting that assist without any jitters or irritability is nice. I have seen the same amount of fat loss as I would expect while running a good thermogenic diet pill so if looking for a no stim fat loss solution I think this might be up that alley instead of spot reduction.

My recommendation to users and APEX ALCHEMY - Since I did not notice spot reduction I would use/market the product for systemic distribution of the active ingredient for overall fat loss, rather than spot reduction. This will also allow for application site rotations that should curb skin issues for people who have skin issues.

I will post up some final pics hopefully tomorrow. I am traveling so lighting will not be the same. Also I am reintroducing carbs back into my daily diet now, so I have already added a lb or two at a minimum. I don't have a scale here with me to check how much but want to be transparent.
Great review! Definitely think you did the right thing to stop. I can see the thinning and irritation. Your perception on cause seems to make a lot of sense too plus that skin is already thin to begin with. Congrats on the weight loss/progress! I knew you’d kill it - heck you even have set backs and put us…well me to shame lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha that’s funny! I had a similar experience when we stopped to eat on the way back from moving our daughter back to college. I ordered a margarita and it was so strong I had to ask for sweet and sour to add…then Hubby ordered a crown and Coke- it came in a 32 ounce mug…needless to say, I stopped halfway through my drink to be able to drive home.

Great review! Definitely think you did the right thing to stop. I can see the thinning and irritation. Your perception on cause seems to make a lot of sense too plus that skin is already thin to begin with. Congrats on the weight loss/progress! I knew you’d kill it - heck you even have set backs and put us…well me to shame lol
OMG, I can just imagine you tipsy! Yeah I have ordered a crown and coke before and was pretty sure the person was trying to kill me. Came in a tall glass and pretty much just had a splash of coke on the top... I watched them make it and immediately handed the keys to my wife... and said you are driving home if I even get to half, might as well take them now...

Also, I don't think I put you to shame. You made progress while still rebuilding your metabolism, I know Bob would have lost his mind if you got anywhere near the deficits I do. Totally different goals there. I was being aggressive, relying on the muscle sparing action of both ketosis and fasting while in a steep deficit to create fat loss in the process. Different approaches and different overall goals for the timeframe. Don't sell yourself short!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I posted these into the actual review as well but just to update.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OMG, I can just imagine you tipsy! Yeah I have ordered a crown and coke before and was pretty sure the person was trying to kill me. Came in a tall glass and pretty much just had a splash of coke on the top... I watched them make it and immediately handed the keys to my wife... and said you are driving home if I even get to half, might as well take them now...

Also, I don't think I put you to shame. You made progress while still rebuilding your metabolism, I know Bob would have lost his mind if you got anywhere near the deficits I do. Totally different goals there. I was being aggressive, relying on the muscle sparing action of both ketosis and fasting while in a steep deficit to create fat loss in the process. Different approaches and different overall goals for the timeframe. Don't sell yourself short!!!
Thank you! Is two different goals- can’t compare…

Haha that’s funny! Times like those make some of the best stories!

I posted these into the actual review as well but just to update.
View attachment 207935
View attachment 207936
Big changes!! Wow! Great job!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Noticeable changes for sure! Looking lean and shredded in the after!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote