Kleen's APEX ALCHEMY FLASHPOINT BETA LOG (Sponsored)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have you read the Body Opus by Dan Duchaine? In the first part of the book he showcases the Isocaloric diet .. its a precisely divided diet that has remarkable outcomes. Dan was way ahead of his time. Even if you didnt follow it exactly you could find massive amounts of info relative to your goals in cooking and sharing meals

BodyOpus (anasci.org)
Wow, I haven't thought of that book in years. I read it about 20 years ago. I will have to download it away from work. I don't remember what the isocaloric diet was any more but remember the name of it. LOL

EDIT - Okay I remember this one, very similar to The Zone Diet.

I will likely just eat more balanced keeping most of my carbs for around my lifting and just monitor caloric intake.
I always have enjoyed Dan Duchaine's wisdom.
He was definitely ahead of his time on a lot of things.

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow, I haven't thought of that book in years. I read it about 20 years ago. I will have to download it away from work. I don't remember what the isocaloric diet was any more but remember the name of it. LOL

EDIT - Okay I remember this one, very similar to The Zone Diet.

I will likely just eat more balanced keeping most of my carbs for around my lifting and just monitor caloric intake.

He was definitely ahead of his time on a lot of things.
Found your log just now. I’m in.

Rooting for you brother!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome @jinxie glad to have you in here! I am expecting good things as soon as I get back on the product. I am hoping to start back up this Saturday. The damaged skin from my eczema outbreak on my lats has almost healed back up.

Lunch Cardio - I went walking the hills of the bayou for an hour at lunch again. Worked up a nice sweat, will be doing some more energy consuming work this evening whether that is basic cardio, GPP, walking or playing the VR I will get in another session tonight.

Had a bunless hamburger when I got back to the office. I believe tonight is a left over night but I will likely have a turkey patty for dinner with some veggies. Tomorrow will be a lifting day and I will more than likely have carbs with my pretraining and post training meals. Well if I am going to change up my diet that is.

I am going to talk to my daughter and ask her if me getting involved in her nutrition is even something she wants right now before I go changing up my entire approach for her. Last thing I want to do is try to make this a together thing and that apply pressure in a way she doesn't want to be a part of it. I want to be as facilitating as i can in giving her what she needs to be successful in this but it might just be allowing her to find her own way and not interject myself unless asked to do so. If that is the case then a CKD remains to be one of the easiest ways to eat for me and I will probably stick with it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome @jinxie glad to have you in here! I am expecting good things as soon as I get back on the product. I am hoping to start back up this Saturday. The damaged skin from my eczema outbreak on my lats has almost healed back up.
do you take Helios? what kind of script you use to control it? I have dermatitis and have been able to control it with just helios. didnt need the ketoconazol once.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
do you take Helios? what kind of script you use to control it? I have dermatitis and have been able to control it with just helios. didnt need the ketoconazol once.
No I haven't used Helios, I don't normally have to take anything regularly for it just use the lotion to clear it up on occasion. This situation was exacerbated by hiking for hours in a tank top in the 103 California sun and the shirt rubbing it raw as well. However I might have to look into that since right now it has been more of a problem.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Played the VR for 47 minutes worked up a nice little sweat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay so I promised progress pics so here goes. Here is a reminder of what I looked like in the beginning.

June 28 2021 207.7 lbs
6-28-21 progress.jpg
front 6-28-21.jpg

Here is where I am now 203.3 first thing in the morning no pump, no sucking in just controlling abs.

Front2 7-30-21.jpg
l side2  7-30-21.jpg
r side 2 7-30-21.jpg

Just for sh!ts and giggles I threw in a couple pumped comparisons this evening after about 80g of carbs today.

P Front 7-30-21.jpg
p l side 2 7-30-21.jpg
p r side  7-30-21.jpg

I see lots of difference here and definitely would have been more without the beer and relaxing the diet a bit but I am still lighter than when I left for California at 203.3 this morning even after having a good amount of carbs while gone. All that walking, training, and intermittent fasting paid off.

As of right now I am still not sure if there is local fat loss, as mentioned earlier in the log I don't expect to be able to tell much until I get a little closer to having abs and that is coming before the end of this run so we will get there. I do believe it is helping systemically.

I am going to start applying FLASHPOINT again tomorrow and hopefully those spots on my lats are healed up enough it is not an issue.

I had a good upper body workout this evening as well but will update tomorrow.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Found your log just now. I’m in.

Rooting for you brother!
Welcome Brother!
Good work mate. Making good progress!
Mid section looking leaner for sure!
Definitely tightening up.
Thanks Gentlemen!
Obviously the stomach has tightened up a good bit, but also have some loss in the lower pecs. Still too early to tell on the site reduction but happy with where I am at for now.

Due to muscle memory I think I have probably added a little muscle over the last month, or at a minimum avoided losing any. Things are fitting a lot differently and although I have only lost 5 lbs on the scale I definitely know for sure my arms are a little bigger, my legs seem to be filling out, and chest is definitely improved.

Diet is going to my default build and burn day strategies with a focus of staying metabolically flexible. I am going to keep leaning up until I am feeling pretty good about my physique. So we have plenty more room for testing here.

FLASHPOINT UPDATE! I started using FLASHPOINT again today. I was going to start on Saturday but I wasn't quite healed up enough for it. I believe some of the skin irritation is coming from the solvent. The reason I say that is that my skin in the area is kind of crepe'-ing, even a week after of not using the product. You know like old people skin, and yeah I know I am 48 so could be some old skin there, but this is not what I am used to seeing. All of the area I apply it has a bit more dried out look. I am going to continue to apply now and see if my skin issues start again. I am really hoping not.

Saturday Training - Upper Body - I am going off of memory here but this is what I remember from Saturday.

Super Set 1 - Last Set was AMRAP
Flat Bench - 95x15, 135x12, 175x10, 10, 15
Cable Rows - 6p x15, 8px12, 10p x10, 10, 13

Super Set 2 - 2 AMRAP Pump Sets Each
Pec Deck / Straight Arm Lat Pull

Super Set 3
DB Side Raise Low End Partials - 30 x RPE9, 30 x RPE9, 30 x fail
DB Curls - 10 x rep until burn was excruciating x 3 sets...
OH DB Extensions -10 x rep until burn was excruciating x 3 sets...

Face Pulls 2p x 21, 2p x 17

Sunday - No Actual Training
I spent about 4 hours up on the flat roof coating a large section to block off leaks. I need to replace the flat section of the roof this year but waiting out the hurricane season so I can get it free if we get a good storm. That's how you have to think this close to the coast in Texas...

It's funny, I actually tried to go out to the garage and do something later in the day after working on the roof but even with the preworkout I just couldn't do it. I was worn out to the bone. Hard to believe how hard it actually was to spread that tar coating out with the roofing brush. I assumed in the heat it would thin up a little and spread easier but there was a high effort requirement the whole time.... My shirt was soaked, and my whole body was exhausted!

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Becoming a homeowner has been eye-opening with the random things that can wipe me out!
Oh yeah it can humble you quickly. LOL

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
so the crepe thing tells me that some localized effect is taking place. even if its sort of like a diuretic effect. something is happening. the solvent ( i can almost guarantee) is not the likely issue. I only say this because some of us have quite literally been bathing in the various offerings non stop since nos opened shop. sometimes 4-5 ml per day for extended periods. I also have skin problems, but since using helios they are all gone. anyhow I realize your skin may be far more irritable than mine and i get that but this is literally one of the finer points of APEX carriers.

BTW each product is slightly tweaked to aid in performance and efficacy of individual ingredients.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah it can humble you quickly. LOL
I'm a little scared to jump into the homeowners club. A lot of little things can go south that build up with a home.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
get yourself a home warranty set up fellas.
will save your ass.
We have an old central heat/air unit so we did. We ended up using it 3x in the first year (heater staying lit issue, electrical circuit issue, drier heater went out) so it largely paid for itself in addition to the peace of mind.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been pretty busy with work, home and training so I haven't been able to get on much.

FLASHPOINT Dosing - Still applying .5ml over each lower pec area 3 times a day.

Sunday Training - I forgot in my last post I did 6 work sets of squats Sunday before giving up on the rest of my leg work due to exhaustion from the work on the roof. Legs had a touch of DOMS last few days.

Monday - Burn Day - 22 hour fast 1400-1600 calories, 1 hour of walking at lunch and 52 minutes of VR Cardio in the evening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday - Upper Body Day - all day fast - 3 hour Post workout feeding window about 150p, 300-325c, and 50-60f

SuperSet 1
Pullups - WU on Lat pull down for 2 sets, then 7, 8, 8, 7
- numbers are growing!!!!
Standing Military Press -95x12, 115x10, 135x10, 10, 10, 8

Dips - 20, 15, 11 - Happy to be able to knock out some dips again. Can't wait to get into some numbers here.

SuperSet 2
Barbell Curls - Bar for AMRAP set, 65x RPE9, 65 x failure
Cable Triceps Extensions - 4p x RPE9 x2 sets, 4p x failure

Band Pull Aparts 3 sets

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday - Burn Day - All day fast, 55 minutes VR Cardio, 1 large protein and fat meal before bed, keto style...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday So far - Fasted treadmill walking 40 minutes during lunch hour. Small protein & fat snack at 4:30PM, will be starting my lower body session about 6:30-7:00PM. Will have another long post workout feeding window trying to get in about the same macros as Tuesday evening.

Appearance - Really looking a lot slimmer today after this past week of turning on the burners baby. Fasting has gotten easier and easier and I am obviously not losing any muscle. My performance on pull ups is evidence of that. Major improvements there. Also pleased with the pressing considering it is my first time doing barbell military press in a while.

so the crepe thing tells me that some localized effect is taking place. even if its sort of like a diuretic effect. something is happening. the solvent ( i can almost guarantee) is not the likely issue. I only say this because some of us have quite literally been bathing in the various offerings non stop since nos opened shop. sometimes 4-5 ml per day for extended periods. I also have skin problems, but since using helios they are all gone. anyhow I realize your skin may be far more irritable than mine and i get that but this is literally one of the finer points of APEX carriers.

BTW each product is slightly tweaked to aid in performance and efficacy of individual ingredients.
I wanted to clear a few things up because the post above whether intentionally or unintentionally seems to be taking the focus off of my observations, and inquiries about the products solvent having water dispelling characteristics and toward focusing on me having extremely irritable skin. So I just want to be very clear about the experience and be sure my voice is heard instead of chalking this up to "far more irritable skin" and assuming my experience must somehow be related to eczema since others have used non-stop without having the issues I am.

The fact is we are talking about 2 different subjects / observations that have a possible intersection , but are indeed 2 separate subjects that should not be rolled into one. The first of which I have been addressing and asking about since the first week in my, and other peoples logs before I had any rash like reactions. It has just never been responded to with any actual information about the carrier.

1- Initial localized sweating and skin tightening the 1st week of use - most likely an effect of the carrier since when I asked in the logs others have noticed it even with other APEX products. Seems to be localized water dispersion from the skin in the application site specifically. I even mentioned earlier that if this product didn't work for local fat loss it might be good for temporarily tightening skin for a contest or photoshoot. The initial tightening is actually pretty noticeable so it could possibly be used for something like that.

2 - Yes, I have eczema - Your wording makes it sound as if you are under the impression that I have regular skin problems. However, as mentioned at the beginning of the log I rarely have an outbreak. I have only had 2-3 TD's actually break out my skin out of the probaby 15-20 times I have used them going back to the OG Mag-10 20+ years ago. Unfortunately the start of this product coincides directly with me having far more skin issues than usual since starting the product. This at a time of the year when I typically do not have outbreaks at all. My outbreaks are almost always in the dry winter months when skin is chapping. I have it completely under control everywhere on my body from the little issue I had at the beginning of the log. However, my skin in the application site is still dry, chapped, and in an obviously weakened state. I am not having an eczema outbreak at all right now, and this is not something that I have ever experienced from eczema outbreaks in the past.

Possible Intersection - If this does indeed allow intracellular water to escape the cell or even repels it from the cell then the lower levels of hydration could weaken the skins resilience to outside stressors.

IMHO, All of that easily explainable by a penetrating solution making the cell walls more permeable which could lead to intracellular water loss. The crepe'ing of my skin is also more evidence to the likelihood that I have most likely lost water normally retained in the skin making it lose volume.

From reading what the site says the increased ability to soak in quickly and not leave any residue is the finer point of the carrier. I would definitely agree with that, far quicker penetration than I am used to with TD's. However that does not imply it is healthier or better for the skin. If anything it makes me think that the penetrating compound might be stronger, and judging by the strong chemical smell it has something pretty hefty in there that is not in other solutions that I have used in the past.

Finally, I think it is awesome that you have not had any further problems with your skin since using Helios. It sounds like a great anti-inflammatory! I may very well try it at some point when my joints are acting up. However, I don't think we can really compare your experience on the TD's while using an anti-inflammatory with mine while not. We can definitely say that my skin appears to be more sensitive than yours with you using HELIOS and me not using HELIOS. I imagine I might be fine right now if using it as well. However, only excellent results during this beta test would justify me buying a "supporting supplement" to avoid possible skin issues while on the product. I am just not that hardcore anymore.

As of right now, the jury is still out on if this product is effective for the intended use. Unfortunately, I have not seen any obvious signs of increased localized fat loss and have not lost more weight than what my steep deficits justify. I am not saying that it is not doing anything either because typically when dieting I would be on some sort of thermogenic diet pill when leaning up. I am not using anything other than this product, an extra 28oz YETI of coffee a day for appetite suppression and a preworkout right now for this beta test. So it could possibly be taking up the slack systemically where a diet pill might have added benefit in previous cuts.

That being said, I am approaching the point that things should be obvious either way on the localized fat loss front. Since kicking back into my fasting with extended fasts, and keeping my daily deficit high like before I have tightened up noticeably from my progress pics last week. I imagine the lower overall carbs and fasting have depleted glycogen enough to knock off any extra weight I was still carrying from the trip. So my next weigh in will probably reflect my depleted weight which is what we can actually compare against my starting weight. As I was already depleted from keto at the beginning, so that will be a more accurate weight loss comparison. Either way here soon I will be able to say nope this looks about normal, or yes my moobs are noticeably smaller than normal for this body fat level.

I'm a little scared to jump into the homeowners club. A lot of little things can go south that build up with a home.
No doubt, but a lot of benefits to being a home owner too.
get yourself a home warranty set up fellas.
will save your ass.
BOOM!!!! This man knows what's up!
We have an old central heat/air unit so we did. We ended up using it 3x in the first year (heater staying lit issue, electrical circuit issue, drier heater went out) so it largely paid for itself in addition to the peace of mind.
AMEN!!! I have had a lot replaced in the last few years with mine too!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I came in to say, after making that post ^^^ I knew some how you would come to those very conclusions, and almost came back to clarify. in your rebuttal YOU make all excellent points.

In that post failed to make sure I wasnt leaving you with the exact line of thinking you came to. I by no means meant to tell you how to feel or chalk anything up to anything. I just wanted to make a post that highlighted that fact. I didnt mean for it to come across the way it did.
We dont expect you to do or say anything that would skew your perceptions. We want you to be honest and transparent.

if I am be honest, now I really want to have you try some Helios on your skin. I do wonder if it would help you the same way it helps me. (also, I have 1 of the 6 types of eczema) so maybe...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother, I tried to make it as clear as possible without sounding like a retaliation. I am very happy you took it as intended and handled like a gentleman. Respect!

As far as Helios I would love to try it but funds are tight right now. Home repairs...

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks brother, I tried to make it as clear as possible without sounding like a retaliation. I am very happy you took it as intended and handled like a gentleman. Respect!

As far as Helios I would love to try it but funds are tight right now. Home repairs...
You suurre, brother? .......

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

TBH, I'd be happy to send you a bottle just to see if it has the same benefits for your skin as it does for Ripper. No log necessary, just try it out and let me know if it helps. PM me if you're interested. No pressure, either way.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Training Last Night - I was planning a nice lower body workout, but life had some other plans that tied me up for a while. So I got out to the garage a lot later than planned and was pooped. So I decided to just do some Front Squats to test things out and then go in for more lower body today at lunch.

Front Squats - 65x15, 95x15, 115x10, 135x8, 8, 8
Leg Press - 340x20 x 2 sets
Then just a pump set here and there for upper body stuff in between.

Nutrition Yesterday was a hodge podge, I fasted until later afternoon then had a small protein and fat snack, then my post workout meal was lower carb than the previous build day because I didn't do enough to justify it. I only got in about 130p 200c, 60f for the day. Plus I wanted to leave room for some carbs after I hit lower body at lunch. Hoping since I have some fuel in the muscle from last night that I can have a great workout at lunch, then follow it up with 100-150c post workout.

This change in the Build / Burn dietary pattern will likely effect body weight as I will end up with 3 days of carbs being higher. However I am not giving up the anabolic reaction to those feedings to keep scale weight down. It will all iron itself out in the end but if we don't see my weight below 203 that is why. I weighed myself yesterday in the afternoon after at least 80oz of fluid throughout the day and was 202.6, so I imagine I was 202 or under in the AM. So I know I am on the right path and not going to worry about water weight fluctuations that come with carb manipulation.

You suurre, brother? .......

NICE!!!! Oh so tempting!!!

Honestly though, I have been out of preworkout for 3 days now and am just doing without trying to save money for a new flat roof on the back of my house. Looking at $5000 not including the sheetrock repair inside.

well played ~ ! ! ~
I know right!
TBH, I'd be happy to send you a bottle just to see if it has the same benefits for your skin as it does for Ripper. No log necessary, just try it out and let me know if it helps. PM me if you're interested. No pressure, either way.
That would be awesome, sending you one as soon as I post this.
I’d take that offer Kleen. Stuff definitely helps when applied to a pissed off joint if nothing else!
Oh absolutely! Honestly my eczema isn't often a problem and it will likely end up seeing some use in joint / connective tissue stuff as well.
Also, I see those numbers creeping up! I did a burn day myself yesterday; 24 hr fast and 1800 cal dinner and definitely dropped some bloat properly. Felt really nice to have more time in my day without the meals!
Thanks, I am creeping up! I imagine I could move up faster on some movements, but having to tell the ego to check itself so I don't reinjure myself. I don't have any reason to go up faster and would lose multiple opportunities for new growth by racing up to higher numbers just to make my ego feel better. That being said, I am loving seeing consistent progress there.

For me at least I have found that extended fasting is the easiest way to lean up and preserve muscle tissue. Plus as long as I pick the large meal well my digestion does well with it. I just had to learn what to choose.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i think its awesome you will try some helios and see if it helps your skin like it has mine.

it took several weeks to notice those effects for me.. and it was nothing i was hoping for or looking to get from helios. it was just a awesome pleasant suprise~

knowing this, you can watch for changes perhaps as they occur in real time.. something i didnt really pay attention to as mentioned.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just ordered so Helios, we will see how it works on my worn out knee and arthritic wrist ??

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered so Helios, we will see how it works on my worn out knee and arthritic wrist ??
I would expect to feel a difference. It won’t fix anything, but it will give some relief for a bit after you have been active with them. And it’s good for you all-around is the big thing. There’s no risk adding it in the way you need to mind more NSAID use and the like.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would expect to feel a difference. It won’t fix anything, but it will give some relief for a bit after you have been active with them. And it’s good for you all-around is the big thing. There’s no risk adding it in the way you need to mind more NSAID use and the like.
I know I use "To Much" Advil, this may help!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry Klerk, I’m well behind on this log, looks like the latest pics show some progress though.

I’m also a fan of fast, for my lifestyle it just works better to start eating around midday which means I normally get around a 14 hr daily fast. I’ve noticed definite benefits from doing that.

Hope you get the roof sorted, never ends with homes 🙄

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry Klerk, I’m well behind on this log, looks like the latest pics show some progress though.

I’m also a fan of fast, for my lifestyle it just works better to start eating around midday which means I normally get around a 14 hr daily fast. I’ve noticed definite benefits from doing that.

Hope you get the roof sorted, never ends with homes 🙄
Thanks, I agree definitely making progress. I think fasting will probably be a part of any cut I do in the future.

Well had some big plans for today and getting in some legit cardio but has just been too busy at work. About to go for a walk now that I can finally squeeze in a required lunch hour... Will clock back in with only 25 minutes in the day. What silliness we have to do to avoid OT...

Hopefully I will get my full hour of walking but I am alone today so carrying my phone and only walking the parking garage today instead of the bayou... That way if there is an emergency I can come right back to the office. WooHoo!!!!

I did not get to update on it and will later but I lifted a few times this weekend. No cardio and my body weight went up about 3.5 lbs with the string of higher carb days. Today is energy expenditure only and decent chance tomorrow will be as well unless my body recovers a bit more overnight I am a little beat up from the ass kickery this weekend! :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry I’ve been a slacker at posting! You’re definitely leaning up in your last pics! Let me know how the Helios treats you! Could be some relief for your nagging injuries as well!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I’ve been a slacker at posting! You’re definitely leaning up in your last pics! Let me know how the Helios treats you! Could be some relief for your nagging injuries as well!
Thanks Kat, I am hoping so too.

Here are some updates from the weekend.

I did Front Squats this weekend worked up to 135 for 3 sets. Then had to stop and pick up the next day for the rest of legs.
Abductor and adductor machines - worked up to a few sets of 120 each
Leg Press 2 plates per side x20, 4pps x15, 5pps x12, 6pps x 12, 12, 10, 9, 7

That actually made my foot pretty sore fore a day or two. First time putting that much weight on it since I was in a boot a while back. It is getting better. I was also very sore after this session. Just now over the doms today.

Sunday was a relatively high volume upper body day hypertrophy and pump ranges on full upper body. Had a massive pump. I used a lot of machines at the gym and just had fun putting my muscles through it working to failure once or twice per muscle group .

I was up to 205.2 for my weigh-in this time. Those 3 build days with carbs filled me up. Today was my first burn day and it was nice to cut back after the 3 days. Planning a 2nd burn day tomorrow or just take the day off. I am feeling like I need another day before lifting. I tried the reverse bench and it aggravated my rotator cuff and labrum big time. It was worth a shot but not for me with where my tears are apparently.

I did 45 minutes on the bike and then 6 sets of ab work at the gym tonight as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So something pretty gross happened today... I got up and my skin all around the application areas was peeling horribly. I put my regular dose on last night and nothing out of the ordinary. However when I woke up all of the skin was peeling off my lower pecs and the are under my arms. At first I thought somehow the stuff had not penetrated for some reason and left a residue but nope. It was all dead skin!!!!

I should have taken a picture of it, of course I didn't think about it until after trying to rub it all off. I was trying to get ready for work and needed to get that stuff off before I put my shirt on over it. I did end up re-applying the product because I am a warrior! LOL It stung a little bit where the fresh new skin was exposed. I am working on the assumption that this is the rest of the stressed skin that got damaged dying and peeling off. If I happen to notice the new skin starting to stress in the same way I will stop using the product. I have already gone to 2 applications a day now to see if that helps things.

So before I managed to wipe off the sink after getting ready this morning I saw all the skin on the counter and sink and though I should at least get a pic of that to show how much skin died there. Even though not graphic still a bit gross. LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update time - As expected or so far at least my skin is doing okay after all the weird peeling yesterday. I can definitely say that it is more sensitive to he solvent, but that is to be expected. Still watching to see if it begins drying up again but as of right now I am moving forward with everything.

SO my foot was getting better but it popped yesterday and is pretty darn sore. I was hoping the extra day off from stuff would help. Last thing I want now is to end up back in a boot. Have been putting Diclophenic 3% gel on it the last two days, it helps while it is working so going to keep on with that. I don't think anything tore or anything but it damn sure aches, it feels much better with my shoes on.

Anyway, that is going to keep me from cardio, squatting or leg pressing for at least a few more days. I plan to try to get over to the gym here shortly and do some leg extensions and leg curls at least but not sure I will be able to with the meeting I am here to support. I meant to bring up some leg wraps to try to do some BFR since no pressing or squatting but forgot on my way out. If I dont make it to the gym today I will hit legs tomorrow since cardio is out of the question for a day or two as well. Still figuring a few things out there.

Nutrition for the last 2 days were a 23 hour fast, and keto style @ about 1200 calories.

I am contemplating just running a 3-4 day water fast to assist with the foot inflammation as well as stoke the fat burning furnace. I would like to knock this inflammation out ASAP, and also continue making progress on the fat loss while not really being able to do cardio now... We shall see, if I decide to pull the trigger I already have vitamins, Himalayan and lite salt so I could kick it off quickly. Perhaps even tomorrow.

I would be curious to see if FLASHPOINT might shine in that environment, no calories causing massive deficit, we could see very fast fat loss but if effective at localized fat loss might even be a big enough push to provide something noticeable on that aspect.

@Hyde, I seem to remember you stating that when you did the long fast anything beyond the 3-4rth day you didn't really notice any further inflammation improvement so I am guessing 3-4 days is probably enough and anything beyond is just mental fortitude and extra fat loss right?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think I could handle 3-4 days, good luck to you though !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't think I could handle 3-4 days, good luck to you though !!
I am not sure I am going to do it yet but I think if I end up opting for that to assist I might do it next week. It will be easier not eating all day at work than home for sure. As of right now I am keeping with the IF style CKD, fasting anywhere from 16-24 hours a day most days in the 20 hour range, and then having a big refeed every 4-7 days.

Bad news on the foot front! - It is getting worse right now. I kind of wish I had a pair of crutches to give myself a few days completely off of it. I have to travel to Austin next week for work too and not happy about this. I love to walk the city and stuff. I really hope this heals up faster than it feels like it is going to right now. If still bad over the weekend I will try to make a dr appt for when i get back next Friday or something. Hopefully that is not needed. Wish me luck.

I am definitely going to keep on lifting for right now, I don't want to lose a step there. So probably not going to do the prolonged fast unless this goes longer.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your Helios is en route. Hopefully, it helps the foot too!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anything over 3 days is a waste of time. You get all of the GH surge and autophagy benefits concluded basically after 3 days. That’s kind of the sweet spot. Days 4-7 just kind of felt the same. Extreme fatigue, mentally drained, just kind of existing. You have a lot of time but no will to do much with it

I would consider keto for several days before you begin. That definitely helped the transition.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your Helios is en route. Hopefully, it helps the foot too!
Awesome, I was hoping it would help out with this as well. My skin seems to have cleared up, still a bit dry but no rashing anywhere right now which is great. I think the big rash / skin burn was a combo of the solvent drying the skin a bit, and me walking outside for hours in the high winds and some dust probably getting into the situation and rubbing me raw.

I think this will be a bigger test of the Helios though.
on that note.. you can apply to the ankles and tops of the feet. . I dont think you should apply to any pissed off areas though.
I like the idea of putting on my feet because I know the wife is not a fan of the odor unless it is different with the Helios. When I told her you all were sending me something else she was like UGHHHH that stuff stinks. She really hates the smell of it. Told me the other day to move away from her on the couch because she could smell it. Kind of crazy considering it was a couple hours after putting it on. So apparently even though I become nose blind to it after a while she can still smell it.
Anything over 3 days is a waste of time. You get all of the GH surge and autophagy benefits concluded basically after 3 days. That’s kind of the sweet spot. Days 4-7 just kind of felt the same. Extreme fatigue, mentally drained, just kind of existing. You have a lot of time but no will to do much with it

I would consider keto for several days before you begin. That definitely helped the transition.
Excellent! Would you agree it would be easier on work days or just take a weekend and get it done? I mean if it is only 3 days then It won't be too much downtime and could definitely be worth it if it helps this heal some.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, like @xR1pp3Rx said.... I'd give those areas you're having problems with a rest, brother.
Right now the skin is stellar, well the best it has been since starting. The area that peeled is nice fresh new skin and so far is not showing any more signs of distress. I think I am totally out of the woods on that part. Hopefully not speaking to soon but so far so good.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent! Would you agree it would be easier on work days or just take a weekend and get it done? I mean if it is only 3 days then It won't be too much downtime and could definitely be worth it if it helps this heal some.
Depends on how much you can afford to drag at work. If you are seated all day go for it; the structure will make it far easier. But I was seriously putting off going to the bathroom at times because I was so weak from it, so mind that. You have no amino acids except your own muscles during it, which the GH will protect, so no lifting or damaging muscles during the fast. Walking is it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Depends on how much you can afford to drag at work. If you are seated all day go for it; the structure will make it far easier. But I was seriously putting off going to the bathroom at times because I was so weak from it, so mind that. You have no amino acids except your own muscles during it, which the GH will protect, so no lifting or damaging muscles during the fast. Walking is it.
AWESOME FEEDBACK @Hyde!!!! If that is the case then I think I may go ahead and plan for a weekend if I go this route. Start on a Friday, have my 2 hardest days while at home and then can enjoy some food Sunday night before bed and plan to train again that following Monday.

I decided it was lifting time regardless of my foot, and that it was my legs turn. So I limped my ass over to the gym across the street and did some Vince Gironda style volume training for legs.

Training - Lower Body 10x10 Session 0-4-0-2 tempo, 30-40 seconds rest between sets.

Leg Extensions - 100x 9 sets of 10 and 1 set of 8
- Serious burn going on here!!!

Seated Leg Curls - 80x10 sets of 10 - Will go up, I got close to failure on the last set so probably to 90 for the next session if still injured.

I wish we had an adductor machine in there, that would have rounded out the thigh work nicely.

Headed out because I was short on time, but definitely got in a good one for what I was able to do. Quads and hammies are both pumped and toasted!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
By the way, here is a mid-day weight update, this after about 80 oz of fluids for the day. No food and sitting at 201.8. I am guessing probably very close to 201 or maybe a little under in the AM.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy Update!!! The foot is feeling a lot better today, still sore no doubt but obviously better today. Feeling a lot more confident in a complete recovery now that it turned the corner. Steady anti inflammatory use and staying off of it as much as possible seems to be doing the trick.

I weighed myself this morning on the scale I normally weigh on and I was 201.3 Lbs.

Calories yesterday were about 1800 over about 3 hours after a 20+ hour fast.
I will be doing a big refeed this weekend, filling up the ol muscles and increasing leptin stores. I think I may start this refeed Saturday evening after a light Full Body session to prime Glut 4 activity, then go in for a 2 a day Sunday, both upper and lower body while continuing to pound carbs, get in easily digested proteins and very low fat aiming for about 1000g of carbs and 200-250g of protein over the refeed. I got the idea referring @Whisky to the Ultimate Diet 2.0 and thinking it might be fun to see how that refeed would fair here where I am trying to both restore leptin, and create as much anabolism as possible during the refeed window.

Whisky, I didn't get to look for the PDF at home last night. I will try to remember to tonight.