Kleen tests Controlled Labs Blue Sugar, blood sugar testing included! (Sponsored)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would like to thank the crew over at Controlled Labs for selecting me to test their new GDA Blue Sugar!!!!

I am in the middle of cutting some fat right now and up until the last couple days I was running keto with a large refeed every 5-7 days. I have been wanting to add some more carbs in around my workouts to improve performance, but want to do so without hurting my fat loss. As of right now I intend to add carbs back in @ various times during the day and try to keep progress moving right along. Most of this will be intra or post workout carbs, but I will also likely test out how things go with preworkout carbs as well.

I have a glucometer and will dig it out and take a few sample blood sugar readings as well.

Now here is some information on why I am so excited to try this stuff. Berberine is hands down my favorite GDA ingredient and this product has it in spades! Then add in the Agmatine, Banaba and Cinnulin and you have what looks like one hell of a product.

__Blue Sugar Ad.JPG

__Blue Sugar write up.JPG

Training has in general been pretty instinctive as of late. Moving back and forth through various splits like Push-Pull-Lower, top to bottom push pull, and full body workouts. Consistently changing volume, intensity as well as rep styles and ranges to drive adaptation.

I have been using a lot of Rep target type sets in my training as of late. It has just brought a lot of simplicity to my workouts while allowing me the intensity that I crave. So you can expect to see them included in my programming quite a bit. A Rep Target is just that, you do 3 work sets and have a total rep target for the 3 sets. You take the first 2 sets to an RPE9, and then the final set to and RPE10-Failure, then you add them up to see if you made it to the rep target. If so you go up on the next workout and if not within 5 of the rep target you go down in weight.

So when focusing on Strength the rep targets will be in the 20-30 rep range, Hypertrophy Focus 30-40 rep range, & Pump 45-200. Yes that said 45-200

In addition to these types of sets we will see Rep Target tests with specific weights to see how many reps I can get too as a bit of tracking.

The hopes are that we will see some steady changes in composition while hopefully remaining more full and geared up for better performance due to focusing on glycogen replenishment.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Subbed due to interest in this as a new GDA to use, also to see how you find it compares to the Glycoshield / replacement for the GOAT EBF Recompadrol.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm in...gotta keep an eye on the transformation! !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Subbed due to interest in this as a new GDA to use, also to see how you find it compares to the Glycoshield / replacement for the GOAT EBF Recompadrol.
Recompadrol has already been surpassed by other products for me - all it seemed to do was give me green liquid baby poop, so it wasn’t even usable every day at full dose. That’s not effective.

My Blue Sugar is coming tomorrow! Excited to compare your feedback to my own thoughts soon.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Recompadrol has already been surpassed by other products for me - all it seemed to do was give me green liquid baby poop, so it wasn’t even usable every day at full dose. That’s not effective.

My Blue Sugar is coming tomorrow! Excited to compare your feedback to my own thoughts soon.
? what other products did you find surpassed it, i have used SlinMax, Slintensity and ******** and found them all to work well.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing your results!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
? what other products did you find surpassed it, i have used SlinMax, Slintensity and ******** and found them all to work well.
Well it’s a sponsored thread so I will not name names - but as you mentioned, there have been solid products released since the old EBF formula.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I am pretty curious. I feel like berberine is the heavy hitter in both of these products, at least for me specifically so definitely interested in seeing what it does for me at that higher dose. Berberine @ 500mg is said to be equal to 500mg metformin regarding blood sugar clearance, and Banaba, and Agmatine at a nice dose too, and it should be solid. Add the cinnulin and I think we might have something special here.

I'm in...gotta keep an eye on the transformation! !
Yep me too. I had a few too many carbs this past "weekend" but still looking good just up about 5lbs from extra glycogen and water. I put weekend in quotes because my weekend was from Thursday until yesterday. :)

Yeah having the runs is not conducive to heightened nutrient partitioning. I can't wait to hear the feedback as well. Really looking forward to this product. So berberine doesn't give you the green poo? Most people I know get that issue from berberine products. Hopefully that isn't what was causing it for you.

Welcome!

In! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing your results!
Thanks and I am looking forward to seeing my results too!!!!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Awesome, I am hoping I get mine soon and get on the road to stop being so fat! Lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have been taking 375-500mg Berberine daily the last month with no bowel changes, so I feel it must have been something else in the old Recompadrol that did it. Maybe the sweet tiger logo?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been taking 375-500mg Berberine daily the last month with no bowel changes, so I feel it must have been something else in the old Recompadrol that did it. Maybe the sweet tiger logo?
Tiger blood.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, I am hoping I get mine soon and get on the road to stop being so fat! Lol
I know right! You have got to do something about that!!!! I kid I kid!
Something in that kitchen sink anyway right! I think I used to get that from Glycobol and Anabolic Pump too, but I always associated it with the berberine, since it was in both of those. Plus when I used yellow gold specifically sometimes I still got that effect. Never the runs just softer stool and sometimes green poo. Then again I drink a lot of sugar free grape coolaid and that can turn the poo green too! LOL

Tiger blood.
That must have been it!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I saw that one of the guys got their's in, looking forward to mine. Today would be awesome as it is a carb loading day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Guess what showed up a little bit ago... Yeah Buddy The Eagle has landed!!!

I will take a dose post workout tonight as I plan on getting in another 500g of carbs in today, I am only at about 150 so far. I think I might stick to shakes and carb sources tonight. Keep digestion as easy as possible and just fill the fugg up!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just remembered I have some rice crispies treats here I can make for post workout!!! WHAT!!!!

Big F'in Smile!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just remembered I have some rice crispies treats here I can make for post workout!!! WHAT!!!!

Big F'in Smile!
Bet you cant eat just 1....Pan. lol ;)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What kind of dosing are you planning on using?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What kind of dosing are you planning on using?
I am taking it 4 caps at once before my big carb meal, or the one I want help with partitioning anyway. Yesterday I hit about 600 grams of carbs and woke up looking big and just as lean. Today I have had about 200g of carbs so far and just about to take my dose and get in a bunch more.

On target to hit another 400g of carbs today. I have intentionally kept fats pretty low. Protein will be in my usual 150-250 range. I am about to go out and light up the pit to seer these sirloin fajitas I have in slow cooking via sous vide. So tender and juicy!!!

I just did a straight up dead lift session worked up to 405x10, 405x7, 405x3, 405x3, 405x3,405x3 - Was only willing to work to an RPE8 my foot, knee, and hip are still a little off. I think I am going to go to a podiatrist to see if I haven't caused a stress fracture, or torn or pulled something in my foot. That and a chiro for the hip alignment, my hip isn't hurting, but my gate is off and not sure if coming from the hip, or the foot that is hurting. It is sore across the bottom like plantar fasciaitis, however it is spelled. More worrisome to me is the fact that on the top side of it, it often stings or burns too like maybe I tore or pulled something there. Either way the adjustment to my gate is putting stress on my knee so I just don't feel safe going to the point of struggling with a weight right now. All sets were done with a strong but controlled pull with a lot of attention to perfect form.

It was so hot out there that I decided that was all I needed for the day. I may sneak out shortly for an all out set of pull ups or something...

I am about to dose my Blue Sugar and then wait a bit to crush some grub down!!!! Will likely finish the night off with a caramel chocolate sundae made with Blue Bell No sugar added vanilla. It is soooo good. Don't worry it is full sugar chocolate and caramel! :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys, after 2 days and over a 1000 grams worth of carbing back up and I am actually still looking quite lean, just a lot more full. My last 2 carb loads prior to this I seemed to hold a lot more water afterwards. This time it seems everything landed inside the muscle cell and not really spilling over. So that seems to be an improvement.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took a full dose with 2 huge doughnuts this weekend...didn’t stop me from feeling sick, but I filled out nice and woke up lighter both of the last 2 days

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took a full dose with 2 huge doughnuts this weekend...didn’t stop me from feeling sick, but I filled out nice and woke up lighter both of the last 2 days
You have got to love that!!! I barely added any weight at all from the first day at 600+ grams of carbs, and yesterday I had just under 400 and am up maybe 2-3 lbs but looking lean.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
You have got to love that!!! I barely added any weight at all from the first day at 600+ grams of carbs, and yesterday I had just under 400 and am up maybe 2-3 lbs but looking lean.
How is it comparing overall to things like Slin max and Glycoshield?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve only had 3 doses of Blue Sugar, but I sure don’t miss the instant heartburn until I eat that products with NA-RALA always have. That was my lone complaint with Slin Max really, which was my GDA of choice.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It is really hard to say at this point. It is for damn sure a solid product but I need to play with it a little more to be able to have any true comparison in mind. That and I need to do some reactive blood sugar testing to see how well it actually helps me clear blood sugar.

I am increasing overall carbohydrate intake now, basically doing a bit of CBL style eating with 3-4 CBL days a week. Basically I will be EOD of less than 35g of net carbs, and adding in anywhere between 150-300g of carbs intra and or post workout on training days. The plan is to lift EOD so one week will be 3 days training and the next will be 4 days and then back to 3...

As of right now I only intend to run the Blue Sugar on training days as well. However if things go really well with it I might add in a cup of oats with breakfast on the off days and take the Blue Sugar then.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve only had 3 doses of Blue Sugar, but I sure don’t miss the instant heartburn until I eat that products with NA-RALA always have. That was my lone complaint with Slin Max really, which was my GDA of choice.
I think I have this same experience too! One of them has something in it that stirs up my heartburn... No stomach issues at all with this so far!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I have this same experience too! One of them has something in it that stirs up my heartburn... No stomach issues at all with this so far!!!!
ALA and all of its derivatives give me rapid heartburn - I will be burning 5-7 minutes after a dose, so I am eating 10 min after.

If not looking for GDA benefits and just taking for the powerful antioxidant effects, I would take it before the first bite of food to avoid heartburn. But again, in a GDA product timing for blood sugar regulation matters.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ALA and all of its derivatives give me rapid heartburn - I will be burning 5-7 minutes after a dose, so I am eating 10 min after.

If not looking for GDA benefits and just taking for the powerful antioxidant effects, I would take it before the first bite of food to avoid heartburn. But again, in a GDA product timing for blood sugar regulation matters.
Yep that sounds about right. It takes about as long as it takes for the capsule to dissolve and then here comes the burn!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Will be getting in a nice chunk of carbs tonight with training. I plan on getting in around 200g and will use the Blue Sugar post workout to increase sensitivity for several hours after the "anabolic window" and should wake up looking nice and tight!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for not posting in here for a couple days. Work got insane, and the home life has been a little hectic. I am enjoying the Blue Sugar so far. I have even used it on a day with no lifting because it was a scheduled day so I ate about 150g of carbs that night anyway and woke up looking noticeable leaner in the AM.

Did a quick body weight circuit style workout yesterday. I didn't count reps, I just ran through this complex 5 times and called it a day.

5 rounds - All upper body sets taken about 2 reps shy of failure, squats and walking lunges x 25 per side. Rest was 60 seconds between rounds and in between exercises was immediate at first but increased to about 10-15 seconds in the latter rounds. I limited myself to no more than 10 deep breathes to drive the pace and create some EPOC.

Pull Ups, Push Ups, Air Squat x25, Recline Ring Rows, Dips, Walking Lunges x 25 steps per side.

Post Workout took a full dose of Blue Sugar- 2 plates of protein heavy 93/7 ground turkey, rice, corn and brown gravy casserole, and had 2 plates of it. If I were to guess it was probably about 10oz turkey, 2 cups rice, 1/4 cup corn and I have no clue on the fat free brown gravy... Holy crap did I get vascular about an hour after that. Veins like ropes, seen on all extremities!

I woke up looking a lot leaner, and noticing some veins in my lower abdomen as well as skin starting to get looser. I am getting into that area where little things are noticed every couple days. Thus far reintroducing carbs every other day has not slowed progress at all. If anything I seemed to make some sudden progress. At this rate by the time the transformaton challenge I am in is over I should be almost ripped, or my definition. I think some people might refer to me as that now but definitely not.

I am going on a surprise trip to San Antonio to see my sister. It's not a huge surprise but the fact it is now a weekend trip with my wife and daughter coming as well. I was just going to drive down spend a few hours and then come home the same day but now I may have some issues getting to the gym. Then again my sister loves to workout so maybe not. :) If nothing else I will get up early at least one day.

I will most definitely be eating relaxed this weekend so I plan on putting the Blue Sugar to the test!!! I know it says no more than 4 a day but I will likely do 6 on those days. Still keep the morning low carb but once out and about during the day on the riverwalk... everything is fair game. I won't intentionally be a glutton but I won't be to worried about calorie or carb count. You can assume there will be drinking for sure and big fruity umbrella drinks too!!!!

I plan on hitting some actual weights tonight, and then hopefully I can get a good lift in Sunday before my sister arrives. Her flight is supposed to be in @9AM. That probably gives me until about 10 before she gets to the hotel. She is there for days so I am sure she is getting a rental.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I for one am pro-experiment with new supps, provided you are safe obviously and take in enough carbs for the dose to keep blood sugar from getting too low.

Keep in mind 750 Berberine may be tougher on the gut, and mixing with fried oils you may get some different bowel movements, but that is to be expected!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, have fun.

Also also, that casserole sounds incredibly good - is the gravy baked in or topping the dish?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, have fun.

Also also, that casserole sounds incredibly good - is the gravy baked in or topping the dish?
Not baked, I guess you could call it a skillet casserole... We brown the turkey and drain it then add in the rice, corn, and gravy and then simmer it for about 10-15 minutes to let the gravy soak into the rice some and also thicken it up and then it is go time!!!! It is actually very good and so ridiculously easy to make. It was 2.5 lbs 93/7 ground turkey, 1.5 cups dry rice, 1 can of cooked corn, 1 packet of no fat brown gravy, salt and heavy pepper!

It is so good and macros are great for just about anything but keto.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I for one am pro-experiment with new supps, provided you are safe obviously and take in enough carbs for the dose to keep blood sugar from getting too low.

Keep in mind 750 Berberine may be tougher on the gut, and mixing with fried oils you may get some different bowel movements, but that is to be expected!
Yeah, I have gone to like a gram in a day a few times when I was doing the UD2 diet and eating like 1600g of carbs over 36 hours.

I will definitely be getting the carbs in that are needed, and other than a few meals the fat content will likely be low compared to the carbs the whole weekend.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys, I am back and back in business! I took the entire weekend off other than walking miles and miles each day. Today will be my first day back in the gym and on my diet.

I really have to give a shout out to the Blue Sugar, I really put it to the test as far as my diet went. I would probably be shooting low if I said I only had 2000 grams of Carbs between Saturday and last night.It wouldn't surprise me if I was closing in on 2500-3000g of carbs. Man I ate chips, steaks, burgers, fajitas, rice, fudge, travel and movie candy, caramel popcorn, ice cream, Beaver Nuggets, jalapeno peanut brittle, and probably 180 oz worth of margaritas and or Moscow Mules...

So I really put the Blue Sugar to a SERIOUS CHALLENGE!

I did not weigh myself this morning, but when looking in the mirror I am looking very full, and stomach is relatively flat. My abs are still intact but maybe a tiny bit less defined. I think once the excess fluid comes off over the next few days that I should be looking pretty good and will likely still show improvement this weekend in my progress pics. I am definitely pleased with how I am looking after that 3 days worth of unrestricted eating.

I do plan to lower my carb intake for the rest of the week. It will not drop into the bucket or anything but I might limited myself to 100-150g on days I train. Then again I am very likely to keep them nice and low anyway just to get back into fat burning mode more quickly for this week. I am also in that competition so pounding carbs can't be my only focus.

By the way my veins were out in full force this weekend. I looked like a walking roadmap. Veins from my lower abs down to my toes, and from my upper pec on the left side down to my fingers and from the bottom of the shoulder down on the right side. It was impressive. They felt like ropes, even in the shoulder.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention that I did indeed follow the 3 and 3 plan that I had mentioned, and had zero stomach issues. I took 3 about 30-60 minutes prior to my first meal big carb containing meal, which was lunch, and then again 30-60 minutes prior to dinner. It worked out really well in my opinion!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I took 2 Blue Sugar 15 min before my preWO granola bar (20g carbs) and then even drinking the 35g I have intra I went hypo pretty bad towards end of training - seems to be pretty effective! Will be sticking to 1 cap pre with intra carbs so low.

But what I really wanna know: what are Beaver Nuggets?!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I took 2 Blue Sugar 15 min before my preWO granola bar (20g carbs) and then even drinking the 35g I have intra I went hypo pretty bad towards end of training - seems to be pretty effective! Will be sticking to 1 cap pre with intra carbs so low.

But what I really wanna know: what are Beaver Nuggets?!
I knew someone would ask, the best way I can explain them might be like large corn pops with a candy coating almost like a glazed donut, and they are crunchy but literally melt in your mouth once you chew them at all. Its like crunch crunch melt YUM! So good! They are called Beaver Nuggets because they are made at Bucky's truck stops and Bucky is a Beaver. :D They are decadent to me!!!! Maybe next time I am on a trip I will grab a bag and send some to you.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I knew someone would ask, the best way I can explain them might be like large corn pops with a candy coating almost like a glazed donut, and they are crunchy but literally melt in your mouth once you chew them at all. Its like crunch crunch melt YUM! So good! They are called Beaver Nuggets because they are made at Bucky's truck stops and Bucky is a Beaver. :D They are decadent to me!!!! Maybe next time I am on a trip I will grab a bag and send some to you.
I would definitely be down to try that! I have heard those are cool gas stations

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely be down to try that! I have heard those are cool gas stations
They are, they make deli sandwiches with that are mostly meat and 2-3 oz of real cheese! By small I mean the bun is not large like a sub or anything. Often 4x3x4 inches cut in half but there is so much meat on them they barely close. Amazing and holy crap the treats and variety of snacks and candies...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last night was a leg training session. I pushed as hard as I could until my leg started getting uncomfortable.

I had 40g protein isolate, and 30 dextrose, 60g maltodextrin with my intra which was 1/2 way gone by the end of the workout. I drank the rest when I took 4 Blue Sugar, and then had another estimated 190 grams of carbs once I got out of the shower. A good chunk was rice in the ground turkey, rice, and gravy I would estimate about 2 cups of rice, 10oz ground turkey, in the portion I ate, then that was followed up with a pack of pop tarts, and a tiny sliver of fudge and a shake with 60g of whey isolate and 2 cups milk.

Veins were on point, and I woke up nice and tight too. So far Blue Sugar is really working well for me. If I have time and can remember I might do a Blood Glucose test this weekend.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well well well, sub 200lbs for the first time in years! Even after my 4 day long free feeding, and drinking I have lost 3 lbs down to 198.6.

I am depleted, even with having the 300 grams the other day, I am flat as a pancake and no vascularity. Don't get me wrong, cuz I feel like I look good. Just explaining the circumstances. I am going to load today and see how the carbs treat me in some pics tomorrow for comparison.

Me making this much progress even with the free days just goes to show how good the Blue Sugar is working at getting my blood sugar back down low quickly so I can return to fat burning mode. I am going to increase my carb intake this week and see how things go. I would like to see my muscle bellies a bit more full but was trying to correct for the free for all. I succeeded!

6-16-18 198_6lbs Abs.jpg
6-16-18 198_6lbs FDB.jpg

6-16-18 198_6lbs Front relaxed.jpg
6-16-18 198_6lbs MM.jpg

6-16-18 198_6lbs RDB.jpg

Now to really challenge the Blue Sugar with some more ballsy carb levels.

Lets have some fun here and you guys suggest what you would like for an easily digested 500-600 gram carb load.

Might give me some ideas. It does not have to be clean choices, just easily digested. So no oats or whole grains... I can do them when not loading but during a load they are just too satiating and bloating.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You know my favorites! Jasmine rice, warm bagels smeared with chocolate frosting, flavored lemonades!

A box of Kraft mac n cheese with no fats added can be nostalgic, but one box is plenty.

Flour tortillas are also wonderful, and don’t leave out fruit if you want it! On paper fructose shouldn’t really work, but anecdotally it has worked for hundreds if not thousands of bodybuilders.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You know my favorites! Jasmine rice, warm bagels smeared with chocolate frosting, flavored lemonades!

A box of Kraft mac n cheese with no fats added can be nostalgic, but one box is plenty.

Flour tortillas are also wonderful, and don’t leave out fruit if you want it! On paper fructose shouldn’t really work, but anecdotally it has worked for hundreds if not thousands of bodybuilders.
Nice!

My Saturday feeding was nice and simple. Had 2 servings of Cream of rice and 60g isolate 90 minutes prior to workout.

I took 2 Blue Sugar waited about 30 minutes then started drinking my pre/ intra drink on the way to the gym. I went with 100g carb powder with 40g isolate pre/intra.

Post workout I slammed the rest of my intra drink, and took 4 more Blue Sugar then ordered some TacoBell from Door Dash and took a shower.
2 Chicken power cantina burritos add rice, 2 bean burritos, and a Mountain Dew Berry Blast slushy. Then about an hour later I had 2 cups milk, 60g isolate, and 50g malto, plus 1.5 packets of pop tarts.

2 Power Cantina Burritos with no avocado ranch
2 Bean Burritos
Berry Blast Slushy
totals
Protein 81, Fat 55, Carbs 266

Shake 2 cups milk, 3 scoops isolate, 1 scoop malto Protein 76, Fats 0, 84 Carbs
1.5 packets Pop Tarts - 8 protein, 21g fat, 104 c

165p, 76f, 626g carbs - So 626g of carbs that day and only up 6lbs while still looking tight. I got probably another 50g of fat and 100g of protein in with the earlier meals too.

So that brings that days estimated intake to 265p, 126g, and 626 carbs. So a total of almost 4700 calories for the day. I will take it, and call it a success!!!!

Yesterday I ate mostly meat. I woke up to a Protein Pancake meal that is high in fiber as well, and had 40g isolate in 2 cups skim milk. After that it was meat directly off the pit for the most part. I think I probably ate 2 lbs of Prime Rib yesterday with some veggies. I did have a couple rolls and what not too, but mostly just the meat other than breakfast. I intended to have some more carbs but I was stuck at work and did not. However with all of the meat yesterday and all of the extra salt I still woke up bigger and heavier today. Just looking massive compared to last week!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Things are going well with the Blue Sugar, it has been keeping me pretty lean while periodically bumping carbs into the 500-600g range. I really can't say enough for how well I am tolerating higher levels of carbohydrate consumption with this product. Really enjoying it so far!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for not updating a lot recently my diet was changed up a bit the ast couple days and didn't really justify the use of the Blue Sugar.

However today I am going to be putting it to the test. The end of my transformation contest is tomorrow so I am carbing up today to see if I can fill out without spilling over. I will be taking 3 caps here shortly then eating about 75g more carbs and going to the gym to hit up some weights about an hour later. Then will take 3 more caps about 60-90 minutes post workout to maintain the post workout insulin sensitivity a couple hours longer. Goal is 500 + grams of carbs for the day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man did I eat a ton of carbs this weekend!!! Saturday I put down 800 grams of carbs and only gained 5lbs overnight. I woke up looking nice and tight. Muscles were full and we could definitely call the carb up a major success!

Here are some pics post carb up.