KLEEN - STRONG BODY STRONG MIND!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Godspeed man. Sounds like you’re healing nicely — hope it resolves completely soon!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear things are coming back in track!

You are inspiring me to adjust my mindset!
Thanks and that is great to hear. You have plenty of experience to make lots of progress while working around issues. You may have to swap goals temporarily but progress doesn't have to stop, just change.
Godspeed man. Sounds like you’re healing nicely — hope it resolves completely soon!
Thanks! Definitely going well. Tomorrow will be a good indicator. I actually did a little leg workout today.

Went to the gym yesterday, decided one more day, do a little more upper body and see how everything felt in the morning. Woke up feeling good. Took a walk in the AM and then later rode the recumbent bike to warm up at the gym before.

Saturday
I didn't really count sets or go heavy, just made the most out of the weight, through intent and creating tension throughout the ROM. I worked every work set until it got hard and was contracting my muscles so hard they were burning for several reps each set.

Upper Body
Bike 10 minutes - McGill Big 3
Ropemill (very light resistance) 3 1 minute rounds in both directions -

RocIt Shoulder Press Machine - 105 x4 sets until it was hard work

Lat Pull Down machine - 160, 180 x3

SuperSet
Push Ups / Straight Arm Fly Machine - rpe8 on pushups and failure on flies x 4 sets

Superset 2 Triceps Ext machine / Preacher Curl Neutral Grip 4 sets each

Side Raise machine 4 sets

===================================================================

Sunday
10 minute walk AM

Afternoon - Legs - This workout was performed in the same manner, really focusing on mind muscle connection and extreme contractions under the weight. Going deep into the burn b

Bike 10 minutes
Reset hips
McGill Big 3

Super Set
Adductors /Abductors - worked up in 20lb increments from 70-130lbs x3 sets

Leg Press - VERY LIGHT - 2pps - 4 sets - lots of flexing under the weight here to create tension and achieve a serious burn and make it an effective tool. I was VERY careful with my ROM and keeping my back neutral. I didn't want to go so heavy I had to brace, just enough I could have enough to push against to create a lot of tension on my own.

Seated Leg Curls 4 sets

Leg Extensions 4 sets

Pallof Press - with Thera-band 4 sets while in sauna

As of right now I am feeling good so hoping that continues.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday I didn't manage to get to the gym which left me a little frustrated still trying to use mostly machines. I was going to try to do some upper body anyway and just be careful but while warming up I decided to not push it. My RC is still a tiny bit sore when depressing scaps for pressing so another day wasn't going to hurt me and probably the right decision

I was already in the garage so I checked to see if I could do pull ups without any issues with my back and did one and it felt great. So this is what I did.

Pull Ups - 10 singles just to feel things out, BWx5 x 2 sets, BW+25x3 x 4 sets - these felt great, and were the first time in a while I have added any weight to pull ups.

About to go to the gym across the street here shortly and get the rest of my upper body in. Waiting for my shake and peanut butter cracker snack to digest a little. Probably head over about 2:15.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hit up the gym, not a big workout, still babying a few areas. Working what I can, getting some great contractions and pumps. I went with some DB's today. I was very careful with them, especially picking them up and putting them down. I did some more pull ups today, and surrounded them by some pressing to balance out from last night.

Seated DB Shoulder press - 35x12, 45x12, 55x12, 60x12, 12, 10

Prone Grip Pull Ups 6, 6, 6, 6

Bench Press off of pin at chest height. - 145x15 x 4 sets paused on pins each rep to remove stretch reflex.

Called it there, will go home and add in some body weight rowing, push ups, shoulder raises and pump work for the arms.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hit up the gym, not a big workout, still babying a few areas. Working what I can, getting some great contractions and pumps. I went with some DB's today. I was very careful with them, especially picking them up and putting them down. I did some more pull ups today, and surrounded them by some pressing to balance out from last night.

Seated DB Shoulder press - 35x12, 45x12, 55x12, 60x12, 12, 10

Prone Grip Pull Ups 6, 6, 6, 6

Bench Press off of pin at chest height. - 145x15 x 4 sets paused on pins each rep to remove stretch reflex.

Called it there, will go home and add in some body weight rowing, push ups, shoulder raises and pump work for the arms.
nice bro, getting the work in 💪

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym across the street? That’s awesome!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to see you are able to stay in the game!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Finished up the upper body when I got home last night.

Warmed up, McGill'ed it, and got to work for a quick one.

Super Set

Ring Rows - 2 sets @RPE9, 9 and Failure on 3rd
Push Ups 3 sets @RPE9 No failure here trying to protect the RC by limiting intensity a little.

DB Side Raises 25lbs x2 sets to failure
DB Curls - 25lbs x2 sets to failure
OH DB Triceps Ext - 25lbs per hand x2 sets to failure.

EVERYTHING was done with a focus on core stability while holding any of the weight.

I am no longer feeling any pain when walking, my frequent walks cleared that up pretty quickly. I am still trying to go down and knock out a few trips around the block every couple hours. So far this week I haven't had any tweaks or anything. I can still feel that it is not 100%, but feel relatively safe with training with control, and limited weights on things that can effect it.

Physique seems to be coming along well. I am definitely getting more vascular but this could be the inclusion of carbs alone. However I feel like I may still be leaning ever so slightly even without any actual cardio right now. Again, could just be the addition of the carbs. I will weigh in this weekend and see what the scale has to say. Although, it is a new scale our old one took a tumble and broke so not sure how different it might weigh.

As of right now still contemplating the start date of the MSten run. I may hold off a little bit longer.

nice bro, getting the work in 💪
Thanks, I definitely want to keep moving and making progress. Even if I have to shift focus.
Gym across the street? That’s awesome!
Yeah, our building has a parking garage across the street and there used to be a big restaurant there. Well people started leaving the building so they decided to build a gym where the restaurant had been to keep tenants. So now we have a free gym across the street.

It is awesome to have so convenient, and what they do have is nice. Just think they missed the boat not adding any chest or shoulder press machines. They have CYBEX machines for lat pull, rowing, leg ext, cable leg press, and leg curl, DB's up to 70, 1 smith machine, 1 squat rack, 2 functional trainers, an entire functional fitness cage with monkey bars, dips stations, slam balls and the like. Of course they have a decent selection of cardio machines as well. It makes it nice to go get things in during the day when I have evening plans or whatever. That or just feel like getting a pump. LOL
Glad to see you are able to stay in the game!
Thanks, I can't let myself stop or quit over getting frustrated with injuries again. It was not good for my mental and emotional health not to have this outlet. It really helped getting back in when I got into therapy and started trying to fix things. I have always known I do better when I am working to improve myself.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I went and worked lower body tonight. I only had 45 minutes so I made the most of it.

Warmed up and McGill'd it.

Seated Leg Press machine - 60kg x 30, 110kg x 25, 140kg x 20

Leg Press - 3pps x20, 4pps x 15 x 5 sets - I think my final set was maybe an RPE8 due to fatigue but the rest were around 7.5. So a nice safe range for me.

I made up for the light weight with good volume so I am happy.

No back issues so very happy about that.

Leg press

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No walking today !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No walking today !
Oh, I can walk today, we will see what DOMS come tomorrow. I am expecting to be at least a little sore. Back is feeling good this morning. No pain or discomfort.

OH @Hyde facts, it's the getting up that is a killer, but you know you toasted them when you can't sit under control and freefall to the toilet seat!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I can walk today, we will see what DOMS come tomorrow. I am expecting to be at least a little sore. Back is feeling good this morning. No pain or discomfort.

OH @Hyde facts, it's the getting up that is a killer, but you know you toasted them when you can't sit under control and freefall to the toilet seat!!!!
I was thinking about that after I typed my post! The ol’ free fall of faith lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking about that after I typed my post! The ol’ free fall of faith lol
LMAO! Not to be done without making sure the seat is down... KERPLUNK! SPLASH!!!!

Funny story, I almost always put the seat down just out of habit. So my wife is very used to the seat always being down. One night for some reason I totally forgot to put it down and she woke up in the middle of the night to make a mad dash to the toilet. All the sudden I hear a splash sound immediately followed but a shrill scream followed by "ARE YOU F'ING SERIOUS!!!!"

Poor baby woke up with the bubbleguts and barely made it to the toilet, flopped down mid explosion, right into cold ass water and her own funky poo! Guess who was in the dog house for a bit. I mean I got in trouble every time I asked her if the water was cold for a year after. LMAO!!!!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LMAO! Not to be done without making sure the seat is down... KERPLUNK! SPLASH!!!!

Funny story, I almost always put the seat down just out of habit. So my wife is very used to the seat always being down. One night for some reason I totally forgot to put it down and she woke up in the middle of the night to make a mad dash to the toilet. All the sudden I hear a splash sound immediately followed but a shrill scream followed by "ARE YOU F'ING SERIOUS!!!!"

Poor baby woke up with the bubbleguts and barely made it to the toilet, flopped down mid explosion, right into cold ass water and her own funky poo! Guess who was in the dog house for a bit. I mean I got in trouble every time I asked her if the water was cold for a year after. LMAO!!!!
Had a similar but not as extreme as yours. That is epic 🤣🤣🤣

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I grew up with my Mom and 3 sisters, I always put the seat back down!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had some fun at one of my old gyms I hadn't been to since the initial shutdown. Man I have missed having good ilolateral lever machines. This place has a lot better equipments than 24Hr, but the hours were so short it wasn't worth paying for. However they had a heck of a deal going on and brought their hours back up to where it is competitive so I went back. I have really missed having those machines.

Upper Body - General Warm Up, RC exercises and activation

Isolateral -Leverage Decline press
- 45ps x WU, 70ps x WU
90ps x RPE8
115ps x RPE8, RPE9,
90ps x RPE9, and FAIL

Pulls Ups - 7 sets of 5, 1 set of 4

Isolateral -Leverage Seated Shoulder Press -
45ps x WU, 70xWU
90ps xRPE8
115ps x RPE8, RPE9, RPE10
90ps x fail

Isolateral Leverage Supported Rows -
90ps x RPE8
115ps x RPE8
135ps x RPE9, RPE10
90x Fail

Side Raise Machine - 3 sets RPE9 1 set failure

Dips
- 3 Sets AMRAP

DB Curls -
25xRPE8
35x RPE9, RPE10
25x Fail

DB Hammer Curls
35x RPE9 x 2
25x Fail

OH Triceps Ext Machine
x 2 Sets RPE9, and 1 to failure

Rear Delt Flies -
x 3 Sets RPE9, and 1 to failure

I grew up with my Mom and 3 sisters, I always put the seat back down!
Yeah I had Mom and 2 sisters too. It is only a very rare occasion where something has distracted me that it has happened. It is conditioned to happen without thought.

Although, in this time of equality, I would have to have some fun and pull out the equal rights card... :)

"You are equally as capable of moving the toilet seat as I am. I don't ask you to leave it up so I don't accidentally pee on it do I? Of course not, that would be presumptuous!" LOL

I actually used that for a defense on the story above. Didn't get me anywhere good... Imagine that. Sometimes it is just fun to poke the bear!!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That bear I don't poke !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday I did 50 minutes on the treadmill 452 calories burned.

WHat a day today and it is only 3:00PM.

I wake up to take the kiddo to the doctor drive almost all the way there turn a corner give the car gas and it just revs... Of course we just had the storm come through so wreckers were busy and no Uber running. I was stuck on the side of the road until my son could finally come get us. The wrecker calls me from the shop and the gates are closed. So he brought the car to my house. Unfortunately my mechanic is closed because of the storm so I can't even drop the car off until tomorrow.

Only good thing to come from COVID I guess is that I can work from home the rest of the week instead of wasting money on a rental. I have to pay for the repairs myself so this might get steep and that is going to help. Hoping it is a torque converter or something from the way it sounded and behaved. Finger crossed!

I am going to go out to the garage tonight and do lower body. I will probably try a couple of sets of goblet squats or very light SSB squats to see how the lower back holds up. So far it has been good results at each test, so hoping the trend continues. Will update after work out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday I did 50 minutes on the treadmill 452 calories burned.

WHat a day today and it is only 3:00PM.

I wake up to take the kiddo to the doctor drive almost all the way there turn a corner give the car gas and it just revs... Of course we just had the storm come through so wreckers were busy and no Uber running. I was stuck on the side of the road until my son could finally come get us. The wrecker calls me from the shop and the gates are closed. So he brought the car to my house. Unfortunately my mechanic is closed because of the storm so I can't even drop the car off until tomorrow.

Only good thing to come from COVID I guess is that I can work from home the rest of the week instead of wasting money on a rental. I have to pay for the repairs myself so this might get steep and that is going to help. Hoping it is a torque converter or something from the way it sounded and behaved. Finger crossed!

I am going to go out to the garage tonight and do lower body. I will probably try a couple of sets of goblet squats or very light SSB squats to see how the lower back holds up. So far it has been good results at each test, so hoping the trend continues. Will update after work out.
hope everything works out...seems like just yesterday when you were posting pics of your NEW flex....time flies-eh?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
hope everything works out...seems like just yesterday when you were posting pics of your NEW flex....time flies-eh?
Yep, well new to me, had it about a year but it is a 2019. Just no extended warranty, had 31000 when I got it. I figured the odds were in my favor if I had a failure it wouldn't be more than the cost of financing the warranty. This is my 3rd flex and first one I have ever had a problem but that decision might bite me here.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yep, well new to me, had it about a year but it is a 2019. Just no extended warranty, had 31000 when I got it. I figured the odds were in my favor if I had a failure it wouldn't be more than the cost of financing the warranty. This is my 3rd flex and first one I have ever had a problem but that decision might bite me here.
well, for what it's worth i wish you luck!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bloody cars!

My family car has presented me with some enexpected bills lately, despite being reasonably new. Hope yours aren't too steep mate!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We don't see many problems at all with the Ford Flex, so I hope your will be fast and cheap!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
hope you get it sorted bro

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am still alive!!! Thanks guys, I will get it sorted out. I may still get lucky. If not oh well a brand new transmission. Just another reason to keep it until the wheels fall off if so. I doubt I will hear back from them for another day or two since not a scheduled drop off I am sure they have to fit it into the schedule.

I have been taking it easy at home. I have worked out almost every day in some way but everything has been very light, Leg day I was going to try to do some squats but really didn't want to put weight on my back after warming up thoroughly and still feeling a little stiff.

I ended up just doing mobility drills, core work and 4 sets of Leg Extensions to RPE10 and was going to try again the following day.

The next day I was still a bit tight and decided to do a body weight lower body.
Warm Up and activation work
Hindu Squats 20 x 2
Paused Air squats - 10 x3
Lunges 10x3
Bulgarian Split Squat 5 x 6 sets - these really kick my ass my right leg is having hell on it but that means I am training the right area. Have some DOMS in the Glute med and min on that side too.

Yesterday
Warm up and activation work
20 minutes of 25lb DB carries alternating between 40yd Farmers, Waiter, and suitcase, took a 20 minute walk.
I also put up some shelves for the wife.

Tonight I had to build a mini deck to put outside my door where we get some pooling water in driveway. I went to workout, warmed up and attempted a few things but nothing free weight really felt right to get in really productive work. All the bending over from building the mini deck wore my lower back out. So I decided to take another day and try upper body tomorrow. I may uber to the gym tomorrow if lower back is still stiff so I have access to all the machines. Unfortunately I didn't manage to work my preworkout off so I am still wide awake tonight. Wish me luck falling to sleep tonight... LOL

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hope you end up with a good nights sleep !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Morning, had a nice weekend. Got in a few workouts. I was supposed to do some lower body yesterday but gave the ol back another day since my son came down and we went to workout together.

Saturday -
Bench Press - WU, 95, 135, 155 x15, Last 4 to an RPE8 @175, 185, 185, 185
Chin Ups 8 sets of 5

Sunday
HS Horizontal Chest press 4 sets of 2 plates to RPE 8
Assisted Pull Ups - 4 sets to RPE8
Seated Shoulder Press - 3 2 plates to RPE8
Seated Rows 3 sets of 2 plates to RPE8

My son (26) came down and signed up for a gym membership with me. He has been lifting for a little while on his own but wants to take it up a level and got some EpiAndro, and The Butcher and is running his first PH cycle with it. So he wants to train with me to try to get the most out of it. Unfortunately the gym closes @6, and his car gave him some trouble so we could only do a tiny little session by the time he got by the house.

Curious how well he will do with this, he is working hard and eating better than ever trying to make the most out of it. I am happy he came to me when he decided this was what he was going to do. Will keep you all updated with his progress.

Today is a Burn day, calories will be lower, and I will most likely do some cardio in the gym today rather than just walking. I got in a lot of sleep Saturday, ended up falling asleep at just before 8:00PM Saturday night and didn't get up until 9:30 AM Sunday. When I woke up I felt much better and my lower back is feeling a little more refreshed. I should be able to get in a decent lower body session tomorrow.

Also pretty happy with the fact that since my back went out and cardio has been limited I have maintained body weight in the 203 range so not regaining any fat which is great for my situation right now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks @Hyde, he came to me letting me know he was going to do this regardless so we had a real discussion about it and moved on from there. He wants to get to a relatively lean 160 to start and see where he wants to go from there. I think he is 165 now and about 5'3 so that would be pretty impressive. Of course I had to give him some real life expectations instead of what he thought might happen with the products he got.

Did a 30 minute walk in the parking garage walking up the ramps. Didn't have time to dress for the gym or do anything like that. I will either ride my bike, go for a walk or head to the gym for some real cardio tonight.

Also for right now I am holding off a little on a cycle. I want to go get some blood work, and make sure I am ready for that. I am pretty sure I am okay on lipids, creatinine and the like, but know at a minimum I need to go donate some blood to bring my HCT levels down a bit before hopping on something that will exacerbate the situation worse. I tend to run a bit higher on HCT, and want that squared away first. So will be calling my Doc tomorrow and having them send a phlebotomy order to the blood bank so they can take my blood since on TRT. Should probably take one or two Double RBC donations to get me in the good numbers I would like to be before starting a cycle since my last HCT was 51 I don't want to push it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Time spend with your kids is priceless, Enjoy It !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Time spend with your kids is priceless, Enjoy It !!
Thanks, I agree, and this is quality time working towards a goal so that is even better.
Can they not take your blood if you are on TRT?
I am not sure the specifics for other places or states but here we have to answer if we have had a shot within x amount of time and if so what it was and all of that. Once I put TRT on there I needed a phlebotomy order stating they could take my blood and that they could take it without restriction until I hit whatever the prescribed minimim HCT was on my order which was cool. I could go in once a week until I got to my target if I really wanted.

I guess the real answer is I could easily forego it by not answering honestly about giving myself a shot. However since my HCT tends to be high anyway I thought this was better so I could respond to HCT increases on the fly. No need to try to justify why it goes up fast, and if on cycle increased HCT still makes sense. I often get very red in the chest and my skin overall when my HCT is getting high. I am dealing with that right now and know I need to go donate at least once before.

@Hyde where was the website you gave someone the other day to get bloodwork for like $70 or something very reasonable? I think I might do that as well to see what everything else is looking like as well. Make sure I am in a good spot healthwise before doing anything.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, yesterday I walked 20 minutes in the parking garage, and then walked 3 miles once I got home. Not having my car is really cramping my style but that is okay. Since I am holding out on running a cycle for just a littlle while longer I think I am going to keep working toward leaning up slowly, and improving base eating habits to include more fruits and veggies. I would like to try to get myself off of statins as well so that is going to take some dietary and supplemental changes.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Privatemdlabs

There’s probably still a sticky somewhere on this board for it.

The current coupon code they publish in their email is always an abbreviation of the month and year. SEP21 should be the current, and next month will be OCT21, etc.

You will need to use Quest if you want the cost reasonable (they offer Labcorp too for a bazillion dollars), and you will need to be selective about the package you choose now because the options are truly vast.

Look through the men’s bodybuilding panels and ignore Labcorp equivalents for each test. You can probably get a lot of good stuff for around $115. You probably aren’t getting lipids included for less than that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks @Hyde I will check that out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice thread @MrKleen73 full of good info....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
nice thread @MrKleen73 full of good info....
Thanks @thebigt

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill during lunch today. My son is supposed to be coming out tonight to get in a lift session after I go to a parent teacher conference with Sage.

By the way for those who have been following forever. Sage, is actually Trinity, but they are changing their name to Sage next year when they turn 18. We are honoring that now since it is something they feel strongly enough about to take legal action. So same child, new name. LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a good full body workout with the son yesterday. Enjoying doing that with him. Gym was pretty darn busy being there in the evening so we didn't really do a set workout just kind of worked hard on what was available.

12 minute warm Up on the bike
McGill Big 3

Leg Press - 2pps x12, 4pps x12, 5pps x10, 6p+25pps x10, 8pps x 8
- decided this was the stopping point. I didn't want to trigger my lower back so I decided to play it safe and stop there. Still a comeback trail PR so plenty to stimulate.

Shoulder Press machine - 2 warm ups sets then 3 sets to RPE8-9 in the 8-15 rep range

Hammer Iso-lateral High Row - 2 warm up sets then 3 sets to RPE8-9 in the 8-15 rep range

Hammer Chest Press Machine - 2 warm up sets then 3 sets to RPE8-9 in the 8-15 rep range

Super Set
Preacher Curl Machine
- 3 sets to RPE8-9 in the 8-15 rep range
Triceps Extension Machine - 3 sets to RPE8-9 in the 8-15 rep range

Side Raise Machine - 3 sets to RPE8-9 in the 10-20 rep range

Was a great workout, had a nice pump. We went to Chipotle after and both had double meat burrito bowls for a nice well rounded post workout feeding!

I was VERY happy with my ability to leg press pain free and a complete FULL ROM!!!! Hitting 16 plates on the leg press means I am on my way back baby!!!! I will probably stay at that weight and not push it, working up in volume a bit. I think that should be enough weight to do the trick just adding reps and more of my working sets at that weight.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like a successful session.

Also, there is nothing like having your child with you during training.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sounds like a blast! 8 plates a side is a magic number area in my book. You are getting into enough real weight that just manipulating total volume should be a great driver for rebuilding great quality tissue! Nice work.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks @thebigt

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill during lunch today. My son is supposed to be coming out tonight to get in a lift session after I go to a parent teacher conference with Sage.

By the way for those who have been following forever. Sage, is actually Trinity, but they are changing their name to Sage next year when they turn 18. We are honoring that now since it is something they feel strongly enough about to take legal action. So same child, new name. LOL
since you mentioned us guys who have been on here forever :unsure:...i was looking for reviews on a product that came out a long time ago but has been DCed for several years---lo and behold i saw posts that we had both made sooo many years ago, lol:)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a successful session.

Also, there is nothing like having your child with you during training.
Agreed, we really had a good time and getting totally agree, sharing something you love with someone you love is one of the great things in life!
That sounds like a blast! 8 plates a side is a magic number area in my book. You are getting into enough real weight that just manipulating total volume should be a great driver for rebuilding great quality tissue! Nice work.
Agreed! I have a lot of room to move up in effective rep ranges and sets with that weight.
since you mentioned us guys who have been on here forever :unsure:...i was looking for reviews on a product that came out a long time ago but has been DCed for several years---lo and behold i saw posts that we had both made sooo many years ago, lol:)
I know isn't it crazy when you look back at some of the older stuff. I used to log, and took my rep jobs like they were my full time job... Back then it was serious business up in here. LOL I love the group we still have here, it is like family at this point.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterdays lift - Full body - exercises selected based on best available.

10 minutes on Bike
McGill Big 3

PreCor TruSquat Machine-
Facing Out -3pps xRPE7 x 3 sets
Facing In 5pps x RPE 6-7 x 2 sets

Lever Incline Chest Press - 90ps x RPE8, 115ps RPE8 x 2 sets, 90ps x Fail

Chest Supported Row Machine - Potentiating sets of 10 until I couldn't hit 10 at an RPE8

HS Preacher Curl 3 sets RPE8

OH Triceps Ext Machine 3 sets RPE8

Seated DB Side Raise - 2 sets RPE9, 1 set failure

My lower back did pretty well with this, but I am feeling a bit of stiffness today. So I will put the Trusquat machine back on the back burner for a little bit.

My son is doing well I can tell his idea of working hard and mine are a little different. As he told me he was working pretty hard before and now he is realizing what hard work is seeing me while "Taking it easy and recovering".

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yesterdays lift - Full body - exercises selected based on best available.

10 minutes on Bike
McGill Big 3

PreCor TruSquat Machine-
Facing Out -3pps xRPE7 x 3 sets
Facing In 5pps x RPE 6-7 x 2 sets

Lever Incline Chest Press - 90ps x RPE8, 115ps RPE8 x 2 sets, 90ps x Fail

Chest Supported Row Machine - Potentiating sets of 10 until I couldn't hit 10 at an RPE8

HS Preacher Curl 3 sets RPE8

OH Triceps Ext Machine 3 sets RPE8

Seated DB Side Raise - 2 sets RPE9, 1 set failure

My lower back did pretty well with this, but I am feeling a bit of stiffness today. So I will put the Trusquat machine back on the back burner for a little bit.

My son is doing well I can tell his idea of working hard and mine are a little different. As he told me he was working pretty hard before and now he is realizing what hard work is seeing me while "Taking it easy and recovering".
leading by example...i found i had to practice what i preached when it came to my kids (y)

the best lesson i ever learned was my kids holding me to my word-if i told them i would do something i better damned well do it--or i was going to hear about it!!! i have tried to follow that rule in life, and i think it has made me a better person:)

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah effort is like pain - you can’t really understand it until you have experienced it.

I am struggling right now to get myself up to speed to do the amount of work I need to do to start getting better!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
leading by example...i found i had to practice what i preached when it came to my kids (y)

the best lesson i ever learned was my kids holding me to my word-if i told them i would do something i better damned well do it--or i was going to hear about it!!! i have tried to follow that rule in life, and i think it has made me a better person:)
Definitely, personal integrity is very important to me, and I try to instill that value in my children. Honestly integrity, and compassion are the two most important things I try to set examples in for anyone around me.
Yeah effort is like pain - you can’t really understand it until you have experienced it.

I am struggling right now to get myself up to speed to do the amount of work I need to do to start getting better!
Facts!!!! Trust me I know about trying to get up to speed as well as you already know. If you can avoid the frustration and focus on the most enjoyable things you are able to do it helps. Of course you already know that, no one here needs to impress the importance of consistency to you. You are one of the most consistent people on the forum outside of those with major fitness compulsions.