Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you can do so much without the slingshot. Maybe you can rotate it in every other time or third time to help keep frequency up but give your shoulder a little more recovery time between raw work? Just an idea if you feel like too much raw frequency could be an issue.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Had a great workout tonight. Tested the shoulder with some more benching, this time no slingshot to see how it felt.

Warm Up - 5-10 minutes just moving around being active to get warm then arm swings, then band work for for RC.

Super set
Band Pull aparts 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20
Flat Bench - Bar x30, 95x10, 115x10, 135x15, 13, 12, 12, 10, 10 Felt good, I am getting to about an RPE 7.5-8 before I feel instability and call the sets for safety.

Floor Press - 135x8, 8, 8 I found I need to start from a wider pinky on the ring grip flared press position and these are comfortable, closer in, not so much. Learning limitations and bad positions for me is progress too!

Pec Deck - 75 x 15-20 full reps to failure then took failure down to short partials, 62.5 x 15-20 full reps then took failure down to short partials. 62.5 x 12-15 full reps to failure then took failure down to short partials.

No pain during benching, a little uncomfortable once during floor press when I tried a closer grip but that had me more internally rotated. it is obvious that stability is returning. I am still injured no doubt about it but I am able to work right now and improving nicely with each outing so I am hopeful. Thinking of sticking with 135 until I can get 4 or 5 sets of 15 before moving up just to be safe.

Yeah they are great, I may do some tomorrow if my chest isn't too sore to be stretched like that. By the way, I can picture swinging that big ol sledge like a viking!
you ever tried a football bar for bench Kleen??

awesome piece of kit for benching round a shoulder issue (I believe it was designed for that purpose)....

glad to see training is flying though (although what sort of sadist does that many reps of paused ssb squats ffs 😂 I hate ssb generally and pauses are never fun but for that volume I’d be hating life big time 🙈)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Multi Grip Bar 1.jpg

Is this what you call a "Football Bar" ?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you can do so much without the slingshot. Maybe you can rotate it in every other time or third time to help keep frequency up but give your shoulder a little more recovery time between raw work? Just an idea if you feel like too much raw frequency could be an issue.
I was very happy it went so well. Going to bench raw again tonight since it felt so good and no adverse reactions after. I honestly feel it felt better without the slingshot. I think because I can do a flared elbow bodybuilding style bench OK without pain but trying to press like a power lifter with elbows more forward like the way the slingshot pulls them just adds a lot of stress and instability.
you ever tried a football bar for bench Kleen??

awesome piece of kit for benching round a shoulder issue (I believe it was designed for that purpose)....

glad to see training is flying though (although what sort of sadist does that many reps of paused ssb squats ffs 😂 I hate ssb generally and pauses are never fun but for that volume I’d be hating life big time 🙈)
I actually bought the Titan multigrip bar for that purpose but the neutral grip and closer grips that bring my elbows in closer to my body light my RC up. My tear is in the subscap and for whatever reason that grip is just a lot worse on it. It also really taxes the subluxed head of my biceps tendon causing pain in the front as well. I think all of that is exacerbated by a torn labrum but I need to get an MRI with dye contrast, my last MRI had a deadspot where they think it is torn due to the metal from my anchor from the SLAP repair surgery in 08.

Reality is as long as i can work it comfortably I am going to do that until I can go get it repaired. I want to at a minimum get back into decent shape before going into a surgery.

I hit up a couple workouts this weekend and will update on them a bit later.

Today for lunch I did cardio, 391 calories on an adaptive stride elliptical.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Getting in some impressive work Chris!! So glad things are going well!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Getting in some impressive work Chris!! So glad things are going well!
Thanks Kat, I am really trying to keep things in a safe range and keep making steady progress. Really having to curb my balls out mentality but I am allowing myself to enjoy the process.
“What did you have for lunch?”

“Cardio”
BOOM!!!! Good eating! LOL Been doing the usual fasting in the AM. Still messing up the program on the weekends with bad decisions but seeing physique improvements regardless. Things will tighten up as I go but right now I am just trying to get back in and enjoy myself. Nutrition always follows the lifting for me.

Okay to do a little retouch on this past weekend. I did some shoulder pump stuff Friday evening, short and to the point, a bunch of Front, Side and Rear DB raises.

Saturday I hit up some deadlifts, rows and pull downs.

Dead Lifts - 135x15, 155x12, 185x12, 205x12*, 225x12*, 8, 8*, 8 - Man these felt awesome until my back was done. No pain, just upper back rolled a bit on the last rep. Sets followed with a * are SUMO. Since I really need to work on engaging glutes I think I may focus a bit more on Sumo for a bit. Perhaps even start working on my hook grip again now that I am lifting lighter weights and will have to work back up anyway. I ended up having to roll my back out the following day from when my upper back rolled, but it corrected itself.

Dual Handle Cable Row - 4 sets 150x8-15 reps to failure with 1 second squeeze at top of motion.

Wide grip Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets 125x8-15 reps to failure with 1 second squeeze at bottom of motion.

The work required to hold my back in position during the deads was amazing, and felt like it will probably actually do a lot for strengthening my scapular retraction and stability. Just have to remember not to push the weight up before I am ready. I want to build that back up, not tear it down.

Yesterday as mentioned, Cardio at lunch and then a bench session

Warm Up - General Movement - TRX Alphabet, Floor Work, RC Band work

Flat bench Press - Bar x shltload, 95x15, 115x15, 125x15, 135x15 5 sets
- Grip = Ring Finger On ring of Texas Power bar = NO PAIN!!!!

DB Decline Press 55x8, 55x3 followed immediately with DC Chest stretch - I failed very quickly here, more due to stability than strength on the 2nd set so added the chest stretch to bring in a bit of occlusion.

DB Decline Fly - 30x10, 9, 7 @RPE9-10

Pec Deck - 75xf, 75xf, 62.5xf, 62.5xf

Strict Elbows Locked DB Side Raises - 10x30, 30, 25, 20, 20
- short rest periods, just pumping the delts full of blood.
I have to say I am very pleased with this session, leaps and bound above last weeks performance. The wider grip on the bar really worked out so far. I felt more stable and in control of the weight. Work capacity is increasing for sure. I was not expecting to hit 135x15 for 5 sets so quickly. Everything in me wants to put 155 on the bar and start pushing toward the same goal, but I think the smart move is probably to add 10lbs and work my way back up to 5x15 again.

I am home waiting on the AC repair guy so I plan to get out in the garage a bit later and hit up some action.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nutrition is always the hardest part !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been a busy week, I started to do back Tuesday but it was pretty beat up still from deads so I pivoted to a little high rep pump work for shoulders and arms then went into a nice long recovery session with lots of self myofascial release.

Wednesday was so busy I didn't eat at work got home at 8:00, had dinner and was done for the day. Was in a major deficit obviously...

Today was a back day

Various Grip Pull Ups, 10 sets of 3
100 Hindu Squats in between the first 5 sets of chin ups
30, 25,20,15,10

Bent over rows 135x8 x 4 sets

DB Curls 35x8, 8, 25x 6,
Oly Barbell Row 45x rpe8 x1, rpe9 x1

Finally getting tired so gonna knock out.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are back in the game, welcome home !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone, haven't been updating but have been keeping up with lifting. Been eating better most of the time but then messing it up with bad choices but that's okay. I am making progress on my lifts, and my muscles are starting to fill in more and more. I may be recomping, I may be gaining I may be losing. LOL. I haven't weighed in a bit. I told my daughter I would be down to 200 lbs when she gets back from camp though so I gotta start working toward it.

I found one of my old programs that was a 2 day on 1 day off upper and lower push and upper and lower pull that I am splitting up to EOD to allow for more recovery at my age. This puts me at working both the push and pull groups every 4 days and with different focuses. One day is more strength focused, and the next, hypertrophy/pump, and then a workout of muscle rounds.

Since strength rep ranges are limited at the moment I will be using the strength day to work my main movements back up safely Working back in and just turning up the heat gradually. I paid for my over zealous squatting from last week. My knee and ankle were sore for a few days. So today I backed off and made it nice quality work but kept the weight and volume lower to work myself in more slowly. I would rather be able to squat consistently without it keeping me from cardio than push it and have to adjust.

Todays lifts:
Push Strength / movement reintroduction

Bench Press - 145x15,15,15,11, 9 last week was 135x15x 5 sets

Arnold Press - 60x5, 5, 5, 7 last set was a max rep effort

SSB Pause Squats - 155x8, 8, 8, 8, 8 I doubt this will take long to increase at all but want is safely. Also the 8 rep sets were surprisingly kicking my ass after all the leg press the other day...

Hanging Ab Strap Knee to Elbows 8, 8, 8

Next lifting session will be a Pull Hypertrophy session with 4 sets of 8-12, and then 2 pumps sets of 15-25 for the body part. After that is Push hypertrophy same structure, then pull strength ( DEAD LIFTS BABY!!!), and finally a full body muscle round workout.

Feels good to actually know what is coming up next with training and this looks like it is probably something I can pull off without hurting myself. I will be tracking all of my workouts in a written log book but will more than likely transcribe it. Something about a real log book that gets me motivated.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey everyone, haven't been updating but have been keeping up with lifting. Been eating better most of the time but then messing it up with bad choices but that's okay. I am making progress on my lifts, and my muscles are starting to fill in more and more. I may be recomping, I may be gaining I may be losing. LOL. I haven't weighed in a bit. I told my daughter I would be down to 200 lbs when she gets back from camp though so I gotta start working toward it.

I found one of my old programs that was a 2 day on 1 day off upper and lower push and upper and lower pull that I am splitting up to EOD to allow for more recovery at my age. This puts me at working both the push and pull groups every 4 days and with different focuses. One day is more strength focused, and the next, hypertrophy/pump, and then a workout of muscle rounds.

Since strength rep ranges are limited at the moment I will be using the strength day to work my main movements back up safely Working back in and just turning up the heat gradually. I paid for my over zealous squatting from last week. My knee and ankle were sore for a few days. So today I backed off and made it nice quality work but kept the weight and volume lower to work myself in more slowly. I would rather be able to squat consistently without it keeping me from cardio than push it and have to adjust.

Todays lifts:
Push Strength / movement reintroduction

Bench Press - 145x15,15,15,11, 9 last week was 135x15x 5 sets

Arnold Press - 60x5, 5, 5, 7 last set was a max rep effort

SSB Pause Squats - 155x8, 8, 8, 8, 8 I doubt this will take long to increase at all but want is safely. Also the 8 rep sets were surprisingly kicking my ass after all the leg press the other day...

Hanging Ab Strap Knee to Elbows 8, 8, 8

Next lifting session will be a Pull Hypertrophy session with 4 sets of 8-12, and then 2 pumps sets of 15-25 for the body part. After that is Push hypertrophy same structure, then pull strength ( DEAD LIFTS BABY!!!), and finally a full body muscle round workout.

Feels good to actually know what is coming up next with training and this looks like it is probably something I can pull off without hurting myself. I will be tracking all of my workouts in a written log book but will more than likely transcribe it. Something about a real log book that gets me motivated.
Sounds like you are finding your groove again mate, good stuff!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
June 3, Back Hyper

General and RC specific warm ups.

Super set 1
Med Ball Slams - 15lb ball x 3, 3, 3, 3
Lat Pull downs - 150x12, 10, 10, 10, 8 - Done with pause at peak contraction

Straight Arm Lat Pulldown 45x22, 45x16

Bent Over BB Row - 135x12, 135x10 failed at 11th

Romanian Dead lift - 185x12, 185x12, 185x8 - last rep felt off and tiny lower back tweak so stopped there.

Lying Leg Curl - 60x12, 35x14 failed at 15th

Cable Preacher Curls - 45x12, 60x10F, 60x6F

I felt like this ended up being too much volume overall for this day. I also made the mistake of putting my isolation for back between the vertical and horizontal pulls but I had some wide grip rows planned for after the rows but I was beat already and decided I had done enough and needed to move onto RDL's. Going to adjust things a bit. Most likely drop the main lift work sets to 3 per exercise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push Hyper, Upper body only

General movement and Ring/TRX Alphabet to warm up shoulders

Decline DB Bench - 35x15, 50x10, 50x8, 50x8 - surprised I could do these comfortably. Got excellent pec contraction with this, kept tempo, and a small pause at bottom of press.

Peck Deck - 60x16, 60x15 - second set was performed faster in effort to get reps in for pump.

Band Dislocators - Green Band x 15

DB Side Raises - 15x12, 15x12, 15x10 failed at 11

Low End Partial SIDE DB Swings - 50x20, 50x18

Band Dislocators - Green Band x 15

Rope Triceps Extensions - 60x11f, 45x11, 45x8f

DB Cross Chest Triceps Extensions - 10x18, 10x15 - the outside head of my triceps were burning and so pumped after these!

I didn't get to my legs today, I had something to do and am going to do them tomorrow. I think probably a good idea after the minor tweak to let that have another day to heal up.

Feeling pretty good, going to have to make a few changes to lighten the load on the lower back while regaining my work capacity. Probably remove bent over bb rows for supported DB, or Meadows Rows. I don't want anything to cause me to slow progress and want to ensure I can be consistent.

Good report, I am officially starting to gain muscle pretty obviously. I am almost at a point I feel like I will be a good size when I decide to push to trim up. My pant legs, and shoulders / sleeves of my shirts have all been filling back in nicely. Eating to make sure I get what I need in then having what I want and still more liberal on weekends right now. Enjoying the process and progress. Like I said wanting the muscle recovery more than fat loss right now so not showing tons of discipline with food, but choices get better all the time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got my leg press and leg extensions in yesterday. Since at home I opted for Single leg pressing.

General Movement Warm Up

I did about 4 warm up sets to get legs loosened up to the movement good.

Single leg Machine leg Press - 9 plates x 10, 10, 10, 10
Leg Extensions 9 plates x22, and x15

Spent about 20 minutes rolling tight and or problem areas.

Tonight will be A strength focused pull session. Dead lifts are on tap for today. Going to see how things feel before I decide if I will actually hit lower reps or go with a slightly higher rep scheme than strength focus calls for.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you feel like deadlifting the day after legs isn’t really an issue for you?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you feel like deadlifting the day after legs isn’t really an issue for you?
Yes in this instance anyway. I intentionally did not go heavy, or push my legs that hard yesterday. Leaving plenty in the tank, and I did not tax my lower back with any of the work either. Had I have pushed my legs harder yesterday there might be some concern but I am sure I am recovered, or close already. Yesterday was more of a stimulation, than a total break down and rebuild workout because I knew I was planning to do some dead lifts today and left a bit in the tank.

Normally there would be no way I would attempt those back to back. However in this breaking in phase, and lowering intensity a bit yesterday I expect a solid workout this evening.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope you have a great session!
Thanks @Hyde going to just try to enjoy the process tonight. Go in with the intention of working hard but enjoying it, and totally willing to cut the deads and adjust if needed.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awww man... I took the time to write up my workout in here last night and it never posted.

Pull workout went very well last night, not going to go into as much detail this time around since I already type it up once.

6/7/21 Pull - Strength focus.

General Warmup + TRX Alphabet + RC Work + Light Biceps

NG Pull-Ups - 5, 5, 5, 4

Sumo Dead Lifts - 135x8, 135x8, 185x6, 185x6, 235x6, 235x6, 235x6, 235x6 - I tried conventional pulls but it was causing my RC some discomfort. Opted for SUMO to decrease forward lean and that fixed it right up.

EZ Bar Curls - 75x6, 75x6, 75x6, 75x5 - failed on the last rep, got to love it. My right arm is just so much weaker from the torn RC and the subluxxed biceps tendon.... Felt it start guarding and limiting contraction later in the sets.

Would call this one a great session. Felt good and figured out where my foot placement should be for my Sumo DL. I could have gone a bit heavier on the Deads but trying to break in slow and avoid reinjuring anything that is already weak and injury prone.

===================================================================================
Tuesday - 6/8/21 - Cardio - 33 minutes on Stairmill - BRUTAL!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
OH Yeah... I have lost a total of 11 lbs in since I started this at 226. I am 215 right now, definitely gaining some muscle, and losing a little fat but the fat loss is slow going. At least until I turn on the heat and focus on it more.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OH Yeah... I have lost a total of 11 lbs in since I started this at 226. I am 215 right now, definitely gaining some muscle, and losing a little fat but the fat loss is slow going. At least until I turn on the heat and focus on it more.
Woohoo! That’s exciting!! Congrats!! That stair climber cardio is killer! Especially that long Haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tourching that fat is tuff, at least for me !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Woohoo! That’s exciting!! Congrats!! That stair climber cardio is killer! Especially that long Haha
Yeah, it was brutal, but the challenge also made it worth it.
Tourching that fat is tuff, at least for me !
No doubt, actually pretty impressed with the fact that I had lost any more weight since hitting 220. I have been growing in any area that I have muscle, so I thought maybe I was recomping, maybe even had gained a couple Lbs because I haven't lost enough fat yet to be really obvious in my waistline. IE... my belly is still sticking out past my chest.

Today was an Upper Body Muscle Rounds day.

Smith Incline Bench Press - 135x6>6>6>6>6>6

Cable Crossover in Functional Trainer - 50x6>6>6>6>6>6

Assisted Pull Ups - 80x6>6>6>6>5>100>6

Seated Rows Wide Grip 150x6>6>6>6>5>110x6

Pinwheel Curls - 30x6>25x6>20x6>15x6> 15x6> 15x5

Single Arm OH Rope Triceps Extensions - 40x6>6>6>6>6>6

I will go up on anything I got all 6 of 6 on, and adjusting the starting weight for the others based off of how soon I failed.

Had a great pump and was feeling awesome.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday was a cardio day for me. Hit up 42 minutes on the treadmill over 400 calories burned.

Going to be hitting up lower body with muscle rounds today. Should a be fun / grueling workout.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a great lower body muscle round workout the other day. Going to have to double up tonight on upper body because I missed the gym yesterday.

Also found out my daughters camp is only 5 weeks so 15lbs in 5 weeks to get down to 200... No pressure there... I got my work cut out for me....

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a great lower body muscle round workout the other day. Going to have to double up tonight on upper body because I missed the gym yesterday.

Also found out my daughters camp is only 5 weeks so 15lbs in 5 weeks to get down to 200... No pressure there... I got my work cut out for me....
Time to get to work!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Time to get to work!
No doubt!

Upper push

Flat bench 145x15,15,15,14,11 up 3 reps from last time.

Arnold Press 65x5,5,5,5 will probably add reps rather than weight here.

I was a little weary of squatting today because the left side of my lower back started bothering me a little after the Arnold's, so I decided against them today. I plan to go to the gym for my dead lifts and will follow them with some good leg press to get some more lower push in.

Calories were too low today having some berries yogurt and nuts now to get calories up some.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have no dought you can do it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We are in similar boats. Welcome back brother and get after it!!
Thanks and same to you Brother! Have been in your log a bit. We just got to plow through and have humility for a little bit.
I have no dought you can do it!
Thanks Rocket!

Trying to decide if I want to pull out all the stops and start a run at Carb Nite Solutions diet again. It would definitely get me their quickly. Just a lot of willpower. I am going to give the book another read and decide how well it fits into my other goals. I think the lower carbs could help with inflammation too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just do it. You know how to do it, you know it will give you the exact structure you need, and you will succeed! You don’t need to do it for a long time because you don’t have a long time to do this - go all in, Mr. Kleen!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just do it. You know how to do it, you know it will give you the exact structure you need, and you will succeed! You don’t need to do it for a long time because you don’t have a long time to do this - go all in, Mr. Kleen!
Well I don't need much more talking into than that. Going to review the specifics of it again tonight but will be starting the initial keto portion tomorrow. Going to bring this all together and make some killer progress. Hoping I get the alchemy log as well to have another form of outside accountability and motivation.

Got my final Covid shot today, no sides so far. I just got a little tired the day of, and after the first one. I will be hitting up some training tonight. Probably just some PPE and basic activity to burn calories, but I want to get out there and move.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Carb Nite Solutions diet

I am going to have to check this out ????

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Carb Nite Solutions diet

I am going to have to check this out ????
PM me your email and I will send you the PDF.
Most of the time you eat wings & meats, then post workout you eat kids cereal, waffles with syrup, and frozen custard.

Wait, maybe that’s not exactly it…
That is the Carb Back Loading which is great for slower cutting and or recomposition. The Carb Nite is more on the lines of a steep caloric deficit during the week while also eating KETO, then one Carb nite where you go ham on carbs to help restoke the metabolic fire via restoring leptin.

Basically you get a lot of the same benefits as fasting when it comes to muscle sparing activity and what not during the week and then you get the metabolic recharge one night on the weekend. I intend to incorporate with some fasting to keep options/ meal sizes larger for enjoyment.

I started the several days lead in of keto this weekend. First time coming back in over the weekend and hot having regained most of what I lost. Heck I even kept my Father's Day meal keto with an Aged Ribeye, and asparagus. Fasted all the way up to that meal too.

I am going to be running a log with the new Apex-Alchemy Beta spot reduction transdermal product and will be moving most of my updating over there once I get started. I will link it up in here to make it easy to find.

Saturdays lift - Cluster sets

Battle Ropes - warm up.

Super Set
Mixed Grip Chins, 5, 5, 5 15 total
Arnold Press - 65x9, 9, & 7

Straight Arm Pull Downs - Pump Sets 2x15-25 reps = 3p x 17, 15
Landmine Press - 25x16, 10x15

Triceps Press down 3p x 17, 15

Pinwheel Curls - 25x15, 9

and toasty!

Today I hit up 35 minutes cardio on the bike, then did 3 sets of ab work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did some sumo dead lifts and leg press tonight. Knee started getting tired so I called it. I had already stimulated the muscles plenty.

Sumo deads 135x10, 185*8,8, 225×8,8,9

Leg press 180x20, 340x12,12

My knee started having a little discomfort so I called it for the day.

Between the fasted Cardio at lunch not being ketosis adapted yet the dead lifts pretty much emptied the tank.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow, now I know where to come for authority on dieting! Good stuff.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re back in the groove, Kleen!

Not that I am someone who ever keeps lean, but there are still weight classes in strength sport and keeping on top of that is critical for me. There are many tips, tricks, ideas, & knowledge on food & diet that I learned from MrKleen here nearly a decade ago that I still use, or help friends with.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome brother! Yeah, I fell in love with nutritional stuff a while back. When I am on my discipline and working hard the results are great but right now I got a year plus of bad eating to rectify. LOL So don't feel disheartened when you see the chubby me. LOL
The man is knowledgeable.
Thanks Rocket!
@MrKleen73 is the man!
Thanks Bossman!!!
You’re back in the groove, Kleen!

Not that I am someone who ever keeps lean, but there are still weight classes in strength sport and keeping on top of that is critical for me. There are many tips, tricks, ideas, & knowledge on food & diet that I learned from MrKleen here nearly a decade ago that I still use, or help friends with.
Thanks @Hyde
Yessir! Back in the groove, wanting to workout now instead of feeling like I have too. Also coming in so out of shape has made it easier for me to break in and be willing to adjust quickly to any little niggle that pops up so I can keep consistency which we all know is the real key to success. Before I was so proud and had such expectations that when they weren't able to be met it just frustrated me instead of being enjoyable. Now I don't know that I am in much less discomfort but with more humility I am able to really enjoy experiencing the new process of figuring out what works for me now.

After yesterday I realized my activity on a lower training day should only be walking. I was already feeling tired in the legs from my bike ride earlier and I don't want to be hampered since not using a ton of volume I want my strength training to really count. I will be doing cardio again today but may do a Peleton ride, or just walk on the treadmill or maybe even outside for a little bit. I will update later on what I chose to do.

Oh yeah, so I got an Oculus Quest 2 VR set for Fathers day and downloaded Thrill of the Fight! It's a boxing game and it pretty cool but I had to laugh I did one 3 minute sparring session, then went to the 2nd guy and honestly got so winded I ended up quitting because I was too winded to keep going. I got so into it and gassed myself out. Yeah, that really happened!!!! I would have loved to see a recording of me spazzing out hopping around my living room having a fist fight with an imaginary adversary. LOL I am definitely planning to incorporate that into my cardio so I can just do it for fun. Going to have to calm my ass down enough to make it 5 rounds first. LMAO!!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
5 Rounds will be a heck of a workout !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Walked out by the bayou for an hour at lunch yesterday. Even added a few moderate intensity hill runs. Feeling some DOMS in my hamstrings and adductors from the Sumos the other day. Ready for some Bench and Rowing tonight!!!

I haven't weighed myself in a a week or so. I imagine I am dropping some decent weight since cutting out the carbs Friday. Right now just focusing on hitting that 200 before July 18th. I am getting excited about the Carb nite this Sunday too. Ready for some fun carbs!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Went out to the bayou for outdoors cardio 1 mile walk to bayou, 1.5 mile walk and hill run combo, and 1 mile back to office.

No idea on calories, plenty Vitamin D, and had one hell of a nice sweat going. I am going to have a tan at this rate. Although I do feel sorry for those having to watch my chubby butt run shirtless up the hill!!! I am going to eat, get some fats in and be ready to do some upper body lifting tonight.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to see you back in the grove !!