• Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats! Bet those wings were one of the best meals ever
Oh they were amazing!

What was your Before and After weight ?
204.2 and 196.4

Great work! Strength is a mindset!!!
Thanks!

Rough day today Tink, aka Momma dog passed away this morning. Pretty somber day here she was Sage's childhood dog. Pro a ly not going to lift just spend time with the family.

Tinkerbell you will be missed!

Attachments

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i can empathize with losing a long time family member[pet].

i seriously teared up when i had to put my sid down😢

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i can empathize with losing a long time family member[pet].

i seriously teared up when i had to put my sid down😢
Yeah, it was a very hard day for all of us.
Pets are family !!
Facts!
Sorry to hear about the loss
Thanks!
Sorry brother :(
Thanks!
Damn, truly sorry to hear this.. Pets really are family, and it's not easy losing them..
Facts!
Sorry for your family ☹
Thanks!

So ready to get back to the grind today. I tweaked my left shoulder during my fast picking up a 36 pack of drinks, put a little to much lateral pull when picking it up and instant pain. It is just now starting to heal so I am going to be careful with it. Will test what I am capable of doing without aggravating it.

Wanted to go over the fasting experience a little. I learned a few things about it and myself.

1: Don't mess up your keto the night before starting the fast if you don't want to wake up with ridiculous carb cravings for your first day of fasting.

2: Staying busy is the key to not focusing on how hungry you are.

3: Do not have any mentally challenging projects you need to do scheduled during your fast if possible.

4: If trying to do any training expect to get gassed out ridiculously quickly.

5: It is all a mindset. Although I would not have been great at work Monday if I had, I could have easily completed another day or two of fasting just by being in the right mindset for it.

6: Do not have too cook any major meal for a function of any sort. This is simply masochistic.

7: Mindset Mindset Mindset! Have the right mindset, remember to be kind to others around you who are at no fault for your decision to fast, or your mood while fasting.

I am expecting to be right around 200 by tomorrow but who knows. Basically lost 8 lbs during the fast. Hopefully we made some progress with blood markers and what not. Inflammation seems to be better, also my eczema cleared up during the fast which is awesome!!! Most importantly I let myself know I can still walk through the fire, and come out the other side stronger.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I knew eating cake with Sage was a terrible idea, but I wasn’t going to try to take that away from you!

I agree on all of it. I told my wife several days prior as soon as I decided on mine, because I knew there would be a point where I would need to lean on her with playing with my son in the evenings. I promised I would not get grouchy & I kept that, but I did warn her I would be exhausted some & I also kept that lol.

My liver and HbA1C were really good after, and my bad foot the fascia stopped aching and the ankle chilled out too. Mobility & function improved in my bad elbow and my acid reflux resolved several days after the fast once new gut bacteria could get established from some food intake again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I knew eating cake with Sage was a terrible idea, but I wasn’t going to try to take that away from you!

I agree on all of it. I told my wife several days prior as soon as I decided on mine, because I knew there would be a point where I would need to lean on her with playing with my son in the evenings. I promised I would not get grouchy & I kept that, but I did warn her I would be exhausted some & I also kept that lol.

My liver and HbA1C were really good after, and my bad foot the fascia stopped aching and the ankle chilled out too. Mobility & function improved in my bad elbow and my acid reflux resolved several days after the fast once new gut bacteria could get established from some food intake again.
I did get grouchy with some inanimate objects due to frustration, but I never acted out toward anyone. I really wasn't ready for how exhausted I got and how heavy my body felt. Like everything was done in a pool with water resisting every movement.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good Morning, feeling much better today, had a great little session last night compared to what I was expecting with my shoulder acting up. I also did not get enough to eat earlier on in the day which effected my energy levels negatively. So I need to work more on that.

Dynamic Warm Up - TRX Alphabet, RC Work

Narrow Grip Pull Ups
3, 3, 7, 6, 5 - felt okay

DB Low Incline Bench - 35x20, 55x15, 55x13, 35x18

Preacher Curls - 40x20, 50x15, 50x14, 40x16 - the weight gets harder at peak contraction, really love this attachment.

Dip Attachment - 70x20, 120x20, 130x15, 130x15

DB Around the Worlds - 5lbs 3 sets until failure, each set followed immediately by a burnout set of side raises. Talk about a serious delt pump, and it forced me to work on scapular stability to keep the scap retracted throughout the movement.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great to hear the shoulder is cooperating !!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man, I’m so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful mama.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great to hear the shoulder is cooperating !!
Thanks, it is still improving, I just have to be careful of choice of movements to avoid the spot that triggers it. Happy I was able to get a productive session in.
Oh man, I’m so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful mama.
Thanks! She was a sweetheart for sure.

Calories for yesterday were right at 2400

Activity = Walk at lunch, walk after work, 3 sets of 20 Banded dislocators.

I will be hitting up some lower body today. Going to see what I can do without issue. My hip was not cooperating before the fast, it was stiff and definitely inflamed, but it is feeling better now so hoping that I am able to train comfortably.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks, it is still improving, I just have to be careful of choice of movements to avoid the spot that triggers it. Happy I was able to get a productive session in.
Thanks! She was a sweetheart for sure.

Calories for yesterday were right at 2400

Activity = Walk at lunch, walk after work, 3 sets of 20 Banded dislocators.

I will be hitting up some lower body today. Going to see what I can do without issue. My hip was not cooperating before the fast, it was stiff and definitely inflamed, but it is feeling better now so hoping that I am able to train comfortably.
Keep the reps Light & Slow !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep the reps Light & Slow !
Will do, part of the reason I am breaking up upper and lower is so I can concentrate on doing more specific warm ups, and activation work. I don't have time in one session to properly do what is needed to warm up and activate both my rotator cuff and my glutes. Both take a lot of working into and don't leave much time for the actual work. I will be adding in some pump work for arms and, shoulder raises on lower body to increase frequency there since those muscles recover a lot faster and can handle the additional volume.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kleen, sorry about the loss brother 🙏

On your 8lb weight loss from your fast, in your opinion what was water and what was fat?

Has the scale gone back up at all since or are you maintaining?

Sorry if you have already covered this but you know me 💯💯💯💯💯💯 mph

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kleen, sorry about the loss brother 🙏

On your 8lb weight loss from your fast, in your opinion what was water and what was fat?

Has the scale gone back up at all since or are you maintaining?

Sorry if you have already covered this but you know me 💯💯💯💯💯💯 mph
I am guessing around 2-3 lbs of fat. I am definitely up a little, will have to weigh myself in the morning to let you know for sure. I figure I am probably right around 200 by now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Body weight update: 200.8 with jeans on. So probably somewhere between 199-200 in my usual weigh in attire. Right about where I was expecting to be.

I was able to do squats last night. Just had to keep them very light. I went with paused squats and tried to keep everything nice, slow and under control.

Walked 1 mile - dynamic warm up / glute activation work

High bar Squats - Tempo 4-1-2-1 - Bar x 20, Bar x 20, 95x15, 135x12, 135x12, 135x12 - WHEW
this was challenging in several ways. Mostly gassed me out like intense cardio but got some great contraction and really focused on engaging core, glutes and quads throughout. I was going to do a few more sets but my lower back over my hip started to tighten up after that last set and let me know it was quitting time. So I walked 2/3 mile to loosen back up then went inside. I will lower reps and increase sets so as not to tire out my lower back while reconditioning. I can feel it today but it is not anything that will carry over to my next lower body day. Speaking of, with this going on. I may end up holding off on lower body before my 18 hour drive next week. Last thing I want to do is be stuck in a car for 18 hours with my lower back tweaked.

Next session there will be more volume for sure. Just happy to have gotten some stimulation in.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Where you headed next week ?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like that leg workout! Very similar to the way I hit legs. I've dealt with a weak/bad lower back for years, so I've always stuck with the lower weight higher reps. It's actually produced some good results for me.

18 hours!? Where ya headed!!??

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Where you headed next week ?
Mesa Arizona going to a vinyl wrapping class to get certified for my and my sons side hustle we are starting.
I like that leg workout! Very similar to the way I hit legs. I've dealt with a weak/bad lower back for years, so I've always stuck with the lower weight higher reps. It's actually produced some good results for me.

18 hours!? Where ya headed!!??
Oh yeah no doubt can see some growth with it.
I do 20 reps squats, low reps and heavy weights are for the young !
I can understand that!
Walking funny today?
I had a touch of DOMS still do a little.
Love it.

Going to lift upper body here shortly after my meal digests a little. Oats can take a minute for me sometimes.

Lower back is a Lil sketchy so lower will be tomorrow for an extra day of recovery after and no load bearing on back. Just let extensions, leg Curls and some body weight stuff just to be safe.

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My back is screwed. I tried to build up my squat weight over two whole years, and everytime it gets heavy enough to provide a stimulus, my back gets tweaked. I started doing lunges with 55lb dumbells, and goblet squats before I hit extensions. It's lametown, but it smokes my quads. Can't walk up stairs for a few days.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My sister has a home in Mesa, I love to visit and go hiking in the winter!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My back is screwed. I tried to build up my squat weight over two whole years, and everytime it gets heavy enough to provide a stimulus, my back gets tweaked. I started doing lunges with 55lb dumbells, and goblet squats before I hit extensions. It's lametown, but it smokes my quads. Can't walk up stairs for a few days.
Try 5 set of 20 in the smith machine (light weight) feet forward one minute rest between sets, easy on the back, toast on the legs!

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Try 5 set of 20 in the smith machine (light weight) feet forward one minute rest between sets, easy on the back, toast on the legs!
I work out in my home gym with free weights. Otherwise, yeah, that would be great. Also back-supported pendulum squats. If I buy a house with a barn again, I'll make my own pendulum squat machine.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a PowerTech machine, I do the same thing on it (5 sets of 20) it is very easy on the back, and I can squat very deep with it!

Power Tech 2.jpg

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have a PowerTech machine, I do the same thing on it (5 sets of 20) it is very easy on the back, and I can squat very deep with it!

View attachment 213788
Awesome. I wish I had this whole gym to myself, but my wife needs to hog a large space in front of the TV for all her beach body stuff. Not really complaining since she's 51, and has a better body than most twenty year olds. Hopefully I can get more room in our next house.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have not really had too much issue with mine but this issue with my hip right now is causing it to tweak a bit. I hope I don't lose my squats, but if so will find something like you are doing. I also have a back friendly squat attachment on my home system as well.
My sister has a home in Mesa, I love to visit and go hiking in the winter!
Cool, ask her if there is a place to eat that I should definitely check out while there.
That would do it!
I work out in my home gym with free weights. Otherwise, yeah, that would be great. Also back-supported pendulum squats. If I buy a house with a barn again, I'll make my own pendulum squat machine.
Nice!

View attachment 213788
My PowerTech squat accessory is the same style just happens to be attached to the rest of the powertech set up. So far I love that thing. You can take that bad boy on up to 500lbs too eh?
Awesome. I wish I had this whole gym to myself, but my wife needs to hog a large space in front of the TV for all her beach body stuff. Not really complaining since she's 51, and has a better body than most twenty year olds. Hopefully I can get more room in our next house.
Can't complain about a fit wife. :)
The price for vinyl wrapping in my town has gone nuts!!!!
View attachment 213792View attachment 213793

We wrapped my sons truck ourselves 🤠
Nice work! Yep the price going up is a huge part of why we are doing it. Lots of mark up on the work once you get some skill. We go to a lot of drives and meets, and have been making friends and contacts all around. Going to start our hustle having people buy the material and tipping when done until we are good enough to justify competitive pricing. Really hoping taking the time for this class will give us a nice leg up on getting there quickly. I told my boy shouldn't take too long to get there since we are willing to hustle for the experience. As you know it is actually very satisfying to do. Similar I am sure to landscape work where you beautify everything you touch.
Dude. I just ordered one! lol I'll find the room.
Great buy, you are going to love it. I could have gone heavier on my machine for sure to really work the muscle more but that day was about the movement.

Yesterday my lower back was still a little tight, and with the trip coming I chose not to push any leg work. Went with an upper body session

Walked 1 mile with 5lb DB's doing all kinds of raises, RC work curls, and extensions.

1 Arm Seated Shoulder Press - 6 sets
Fat Man Ring Rows - 6 sets
Push Ups 3 sets
Band Pull Aparts 3 sets

18 Work sets total

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cool, ask her if there is a place to eat that I should definitely check out while there.
I can't ask her right now she is bicycling from CA to VA right now, but I do know there are a lot of Great Mexican Restaurants out there. Google a place called Tortilla Flat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good Morning Everyone. Back and back in business. I enjoyed the trip and training. We learned a lot, so much that we are having to invest a little in more practice material just to make sure we can set the knowledge in with practice. I rewrapped my tailgate metal strip to black it out. It looks better than when the guy did it originally. Still not perfect but for only the 2nd attempt at a pain in the ass panel it is looking good.

I did a lot of walking while in AZ, and took bands to do some light blood flow work to have some active recovery. Today will be my first lifting session, I am still feeling the pain in my left shoulder from tweaking it before the trip. I am worried I may have torn the labrum with how it feels. So going to be very careful with that area. I can't have both shoulders out of whack... My right shoulder is the one that already has torn RC, labrum, and subluxed biceps tendon that I have been dealing with forever now.

I am also being sent to Munster Indiana to set up a trial tomorrow, totally unexpected trip. So I will be gone until the 31st. Not sure if the hotel has a gym or not, for that matter if I will have time to lift. This is a huge trial they wanted to send 2 of us for but I am the only one available and willing to go. So I am expecting about 14-18 hours a day at east the first 3 days. Getting into double OT is always a worthwhile trade, but if i can do a lil something at the hotel I definitely will. Also will pay more attention to caloric intake. This is more a have to trip, and not a vacation type vibe so no intent on excess.

Diet wise, I enjoyed myself while I was traveling. Not even gonna try to make it sound like I tried to eat clean. I just used IF, and only had 2 high calorie meals a day. In our tradition, we did try a new Brazilian Steakhouse while out there called The Rodizio Grill. I ate probably 2+ lbs of meat. I would put it in the top 5 that I have visited. Anyway, after this trip I have a lil clean up to do but honestly not much change due to the walking and lots of activity. I am looking smaller due to the lack of lifting, but that will fill right back out. I will be lifting later today to get some stimulation in. Hoping I can work with my left shoulder.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel ya on the double OT gig, gotta do what ya gotta do.
Rodizio grill is awesome! I love getting down on Brazilian!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I feel ya on the double OT gig, gotta do what ya gotta do.
Rodizio grill is awesome! I love getting down on Brazilian!
Oh yeah, can't pass up on that kind of coin when I get the opportunity!
Glad you had a great trip with your son!
Was awesome.

In other developments, we rented a workspace for our shop today, it is a bit bigger than we need to start, but the price was right and we got to take advantage of someone else's upgrades on the unit with out extra charges. Our unit is 2500sq ft, and the previous tenant added some built in wall shelves, an extra office, and insulated the roof of the unit already. We were able to talk him down to the price of the barebones units. Saving on that insulation spray is going to get us ahead, and make the option of AC more viable. Although we don't need it cool in there we need to keep the vinyl below 80 optimally. Worst case we store it in the secondary office with a window unit. Good news is that they said we could have reasonably sized social events there. So we can have a car club meet up or whatever to get ourselves out on the scene more and more. Get that networking going. Already found a high performance tuner one row back from us in the business park and have set up arrangements to feed each other business whenever possible.

We also went down and opened the company account now that the LLC set up has been completed too. Wanted to get some personal protection there. Next up is insurance. FUN STUFF!!! Actually not too fun, but definitely exciting.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh yeah, can't pass up on that kind of coin when I get the opportunity!
Was awesome.

In other developments, we rented a workspace for our shop today, it is a bit bigger than we need to start, but the price was right and we got to take advantage of someone else's upgrades on the unit with out extra charges. Our unit is 2500sq ft, and the previous tenant added some built in wall shelves, an extra office, and insulated the roof of the unit already. We were able to talk him down to the price of the barebones units. Saving on that insulation spray is going to get us ahead, and make the option of AC more viable. Although we don't need it cool in there we need to keep the vinyl below 80 optimally. Worst case we store it in the secondary office with a window unit. Good news is that they said we could have reasonably sized social events there. So we can have a car club meet up or whatever to get ourselves out on the scene more and more. Get that networking going. Already found a high performance tuner one row back from us in the business park and have set up arrangements to feed each other business whenever possible.

We also went down and opened the company account now that the LLC set up has been completed too. Wanted to get some personal protection there. Next up is insurance. FUN STUFF!!! Actually not too fun, but definitely exciting.
Hey that’s awesome! Sounds like a heck of a deal!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was able to get a nice little session together compared to expectations.

Isolateral reverse grip shoulder press 25 lbs x until hard work x 4 sets. I just focused on squeezing the muscle.

Pull ups bw x 8 x 3 sets

Wide PUSHUPS W/ intentions 3 sets rpe9.

I am taking some bands and handles just in case I can't get to a gym.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good luck in your new business venture!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck in your new business venture!
Thanks, it is a lot to get going and taking a pretty big jump with the shop lease. Sets us up for a do or die mentality, which is something I tend to do well with. I am much better at getting motivated when there is pressure. A gift from the ADHD gods.

Karen, AKA Granny is an artist, and has already made a 3d model of what the office build will look like. She also gets paid to do murals and what not and is going to help us with painting things that will make us stand out. I will take some pictures of the place as is later this week then give you all updates as we get it all together. We have about 5 people who have agreed to pay materials and a tip if they want to tip when done just to get more experience and some cars we can use for social media and portfolio. We are still working on utility hook up and what not while they finish a few repairs we told them needed completed before we moved into the space. They said it should be ready by the 1st or just after.

So the work trip ended early, got there, started setting everything up then got sent home due to the Judge rescheduling the trial for some reason or another. I got home Saturday evening and got in a workout Sunday. Hip was feeling pretty tight so just opted for getting in movement and blood via some tempo air squats.

Shoulder Press 15-8 x4 sets
Lat Pull Down 15-8 x 4 sets
Chest Press 15-8 x 4 sets
Recline Ring Rows 15-6 x 4 sets
Tempo Air Squats 20 x 5 sets

Yesterday I walked for an hour at lunch, and then did some planks when I got home in the evening. My hip loosened back up a bit with the walking and what not so going to do a lower body focus today with some pump work for arms and shoulder raises. I am going to start doing some body weight / pump work for upper on lower day, and lower on upper day to increase work capacity, energy expenditure, and of course frequency. I intend to do most of that through calisthenics or band work, and will keep the volume lower on those.

My left shoulder is improving, I think I may have inflamed the bursa sack or something with how tight everything got for a bit. I am still having to be very careful with it but I can train carefully, so that is good.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you like doing planks ??

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you like doing planks ??
Like them? No I do not enjoy doing them, they are extremely hard if done flexing everything to become stiff as a board as should be done. However I think they are one of the most effective core exercises available to us, and the benefits really extend to the hips and medial glutes as well especially the side planks. However they are a very high effort exercise for me. I am always short of breath after them. LOL

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do not like the either, pure torture !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 56 of 365 - Lower body

Warm Up
10 minute walk
Air Squats
Front and Side Planks
Band pull aparts

SSB Squats - Bar x 20, 115x15, 155x10 x 6 sets
- This was just me trying to get some work in without pushing anything too hard. Kept tempo nice and smooth at 2-0-1-0. I also chose to squat barefoot because it helped me engage my feet and weaker ankle which helped me engage the glutes more.

My original intent was to pepper some pump work for upper body but then work went haywire. I wasn't able to finish my lunch or get any other feedings in before my workout. So was basically training fasted by the time I got to lift. I hadn't had food in 6 hours. So I was really dragging, and had low blood sugar. I did what was needed on the squats and called it a day. Going to have to work up in weight slowly here. More about waiting for connective tissue to catch up than what weights I am able to lift. My knee and hip let me know quickly if I push too quickly. Very hard to keep drive in check while trying to stay in the safety zone. I can feel some DOMS in my glute/ham tie ins, and around my teardrops so that went well.

Since I didn't lift any upper yesterday I am going to do some carries and Slastix resistance battle rope work for conditioning today. That should stimulate without annihilating so I can get right back into it tomorrow.

I decided to add the count of days for more accountability. Makes it more obvious if you waste a day not doing something to improve your situation.