KJ's Magnitropin and Elimistane Stack Log

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A few things: I'd look into heeled squat shoes, your ankle mobility isn't quite what you'd want at that stance with flat shoes which is causing your heels to lift at the bottom. Reebok, Adidas, Nike, and Rogue all have pairs that I know of off the top of my head. You're hip flexors look like they might be a little too tight, stretching those might help you sit into the 'hole' better. Do you do any unilateral work (BSS, Lunges, etc.) I squat thumbless BTW, I find it helps me pull the bar into my back better and just be tighter overall. Try to focus on 'screwing your feet into the ground' or 'spreading the floor'. Whichever cue works best for you personally, it'll help keep your knees tracking outwards and make it easier to hit depth (the heeled shoes will also make depth easier I bet) And on bracing the core: Breathing and Abdominal Bracing for Strength: http://youtu.be/VcY3YSW9vX4
Thanks man! Will start working on that! Will post another video within a couple weeks. Did not like thumbless. Lol

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
12/28/2014 Legs Week 2 5/5/5 Tried something different today and it did not work out in my favor 1. Standing DB Lunges 3x10 each leg 2. DB Goblet Squats 5x5 3. Squat 5x210, 3x240 and 270x1x2 sets 4. Standing single leg curls 3x10 Other lifts I skipped because of knee were split lunge and hack squats As you can see, I did not get my squat reps. Almost fell straight back on my ass on rep 3 on my 2nd working set. Lunges really took it out of me early...usually I only do 5 reps each leg but today I did 10. My left knee is still bothering me but I blame that on not taking my fish oil or cissus. I did do 2 sets of singles for squat to practice form, breathing and some other cues Going to squat again Thursday or Friday.
Nice session! Yea, lunges will wear you out!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also did about 5 minutes of Jump roping...bet that didn't help.

Next leg workout, I am only going to do 1 set of BW lunges, some box jumps and hang cleans before squats.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thought about taking it easy for bench this week, but everything felt too good.
Bench
5x175
5x205
5x230
1x255
1x275
1x300
1x300
1x300 (PR Post Shoulder Surgery 2 years ago from today)
DB Bench 5x5 last 3 sets with 90lbs felt light
DB Bench 3x10
Machine Fly 5x10 for the pump
BB Rows 5x10
Lat Pulldowns 5x10
Triceps Rope Pressdowns 100 reps

Video to come of Bench

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probably could have swung 315 but it would of been a grinder. Awesome job regardless tho bro!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Thought about taking it easy for bench this week, but everything felt too good. Bench 5x175 5x205 5x230 1x255 1x275 1x300 1x300 1x300 (PR Post Shoulder Surgery 2 years ago from today) DB Bench 5x5 last 3 sets with 90lbs felt light DB Bench 3x10 Machine Fly 5x10 for the pump BB Rows 5x10 Lat Pulldowns 5x10 Triceps Rope Pressdowns 100 reps Video to come of Bench
Strong pressing! What was wrong with your shoulder before surgery?

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Slap tear type II...tore it throwing a dodgeball at a student haha

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Think I may try it next week, just all depends on how I feel. Either way, pretty happy about it.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
did you hit em at least? lol
I honestly don't remember but I remember who I was throwing it at...lol...I just remember grabbing my arm and laughing the pain off....until I tried to lift later. That's when I knew something was seriously wrong. Only reason why I had surgery was so I could lift otherwise I probably could have just rehabbed and gotten by.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Little Shoulder day...chest and lats are pretty sore today
BB Shoulder Press 5/5/5...160 went up pretty easy but felt very heavy
DB Shoulder Press 5x5 ss w/ BB shrugs 5x20
Bent over Lat Raises 5x15
DB Upright row 3x10 ss w/ BB Shrugs 3x20
Seated DB Curls 2x10
Seared DB Hammer curls 2x10 - left shoulder labrum was hurting so I stopped. Scared me actually. Had surgery on my right shoulder, don't know my my let shoulder was bothering me.
Bunch of forearm exercises

Recovered pretty quick in between sets.

Been taking Cissus on a consistent basis and knee is feeling better but been having lower back spasms today. Hopefully be able to DL tomorrow.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Little Shoulder day...chest and lats are pretty sore today BB Shoulder Press 5/5/5...160 went up pretty easy but felt very heavy DB Shoulder Press 5x5 ss w/ BB shrugs 5x20 Bent over Lat Raises 5x15 DB Upright row 3x10 ss w/ BB Shrugs 3x20 Seated DB Curls 2x10 Seared DB Hammer curls 2x10 - left shoulder labrum was hurting so I stopped. Scared me actually. Had surgery on my right shoulder, don't know my my let shoulder was bothering me. Bunch of forearm exercises Recovered pretty quick in between sets. Been taking Cissus on a consistent basis and knee is feeling better but been having lower back spasms today. Hopefully be able to DL tomorrow.
Nice session brother! And i hear you on the shoulder issues! If you are a weightlifter, there is a very great chance that you will experience some kind of shoulder pain in your life! Cissus is a lifesaver IMO!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Past 2 days off....lower back spasms...it's really pissing me off

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back killing me but I went in anyways.
Stretch
Jump Rope 30 seconds jump, 30 seconds rest for 10 minutes
Stretch again and back is feeling good.

Deadlift 5/5/5...last set was 360x5 but I stopped at 2 reps. Felt heavy.
BB Bent Over Row 10, 10, 5, 5

Quit baca use of lower back..just frustrated with it.

I have played with sumo deadlift, think that would be healthier?

On the bright side, my back feels better now and hour post workout.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Back killing me but I went in anyways. Stretch Jump Rope 30 seconds jump, 30 seconds rest for 10 minutes Stretch again and back is feeling good. Deadlift 5/5/5...last set was 360x5 but I stopped at 2 reps. Felt heavy. BB Bent Over Row 10, 10, 5, 5 Quit baca use of lower back..just frustrated with it. I have played with sumo deadlift, think that would be healthier? On the bright side, my back feels better now and hour post workout.
Sumo is more leg dominant than back dominant IME.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
What is wrong with your back? Did you injure it or something! Maybe i can help! Just tell me a little about it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know a lot about back pain man, **** ain't fun.

Any idea what's wrong?

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last March, I woke up with some lower back pain (actually had some pain/tightness for some time but nothing major the previous few months), stood up running around all day at a track meet. Hurt all day. Then, I had to drive the bus home which took an hour in a half. Could barely move then. Then drove another hour in a half to my Wife's home town and had to get help out of the car. Next three days were some of the worst pain in my life. Went to doctor and diagnosed me with lower back spasms. Have had trouble ever since.

Took some Aleve and that has helped today.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Last March, I woke up with some lower back pain (actually had some pain/tightness for some time but nothing major the previous few months), stood up running around all day at a track meet. Hurt all day. Then, I had to drive the bus home which took an hour in a half. Could barely move then. Then drove another hour in a half to my Wife's home town and had to get help out of the car. Next three days were some of the worst pain in my life. Went to doctor and diagnosed me with lower back spasms. Have had trouble ever since. Took some Aleve and that has helped today.
Im pretty sure that you are in anterior pelvic tilt! That is why you feel the "tightness" in your low back! Could you post a side pic of yourself for evaluation?

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I took these before pics I couldn't believe how far my tubbiness has gotten..lol..been awhile since I have taken pictures and this is what I get!

Attachments

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bench
205x5
230x3
255x1
290x1
320x1 PR beatches! You guys motivated me and I also had my wife spot me so that was motivation. I have video and it was an ugly rep but I got it. My wife was a little nervous lol

First time getting 3 plates since 2009/2010 and first time ever going over 3 plates!

Now it's time to finish my workout!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
congrat son the PR bro!

this stack has me interested for a future recomp run.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
congrat son the PR bro! this stack has me interested for a future recomp run.
Thanks man! Once I learn how to diet correctly and do cardio this would e awesome. Like you said though, Mag increases hunger and it's true. That's whats hurting me right now. That And my lazy ass hates cardio!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will give my first month review at the end of the week too...but as you can see, I am a fan of it so far!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rest of workout
Bench 5/3/1/1/1 PR 320x1!!!
Bench 3x10
Machine fly 5x10
Incline DB 1x10 shoulder bugging me
Skullcrushers 3x10
DB Kickbacks 4x10
Machine Pressdowns 5x10

Good endurance, pumped about this workout obviously!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Suppose to be first day back to school and it got cancelled due to snow!! Only reason is because 80% of the teachers live at least 45 minutes away. Highly doubt we have school tomorrow too. Got a lot done, shoveled twice, laundry, dishes, vacuumed and got some Zelda time in. Taking a DOT physical now and then gotta go get my dam tooth filling refilled. Fun filled day. Will get legs in later today I hope.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Twilight Princess... stopped and started over a couple of times since I got it. Determined to beat it. Haha, I am about 3/4 of the way done but am stuck in this dam house the past 2 hours of playing.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Nice lol

I just dusted off the ol GameCube and rocking paper Mario!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know if I should be sore or not from my chest/Tricep workout but I am not..we will see if I am sore tomorrow from today's workout. Back still bothering me but I gotta do what I gotta do!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shot hoops for about an hour tonight, then got all warmed up for legs...back hurting and knee hurting, sat down for 5 minutes, got dizzy and instant tiredness and said F it....thinking about stopping Elimistane on Wednesday when my bottle is gone and saving the 2nd bottle for later since I am having knee problems.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday leg day
Stretch, foam rolling, stretch
Box jumps 3x5
Leg Extensions 2x10
Goblet Squats 3x5
BW Lunges x10
Stretch
Squat 5/3/1 felt pretty good, except ankle was bothering me.
Lunges 10, 5, 5 - went heavier and am feeling it today for sure!
Hack Squats - 10, 5, 5, 5, - went heaviest I have ever gone
Knee started bothering me then so I quit

Overall decent workout, not the most volume but heavier and I am freaking sore today.

Once again, no school for me today because of how cold it is I guess. First time for everything!

First month review coming later today

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Yesterday leg day
Stretch, foam rolling, stretch
Box jumps 3x5
Leg Extensions 2x10
Goblet Squats 3x5
BW Lunges x10
Stretch
Squat 5/3/1 felt pretty good, except ankle was bothering me.
Lunges 10, 5, 5 - went heavier and am feeling it today for sure!
Hack Squats - 10, 5, 5, 5, - went heaviest I have ever gone
Knee started bothering me then so I quit

Overall decent workout, not the most volume but heavier and I am freaking sore today.

Once again, no school for me today because of how cold it is I guess. First time for everything!

First month review coming later today
Looking forward to it!!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today Shoulders
BB Shoulder Press 5/3/1 (185), 205 x 1 ( post surgery PR) 225x Fail
Sitting on Ground Shoulder Press 3x10
Bent Over DB Raises 5x10
DB Upright Row 3x10
Face Pulls 3x20
Front/Side/45 degree Raises 2x10 each
DB Shoulder Press 50lbs 10,8,6,5 - last 3 sets were failure
Bent Over BB Row 5x5
Wide Lat Pull Down 3x10
Close Grip Lat Pulldowns 2x10

Had to quit. High school kids came into the gym and it's not my school so it's awkward.

Didn't wanna stop as you can see. Great way to end the first month! Took right at an hour...I was booking it

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Yesterday leg day Stretch, foam rolling, stretch Box jumps 3x5 Leg Extensions 2x10 Goblet Squats 3x5 BW Lunges x10 Stretch Squat 5/3/1 felt pretty good, except ankle was bothering me. Lunges 10, 5, 5 - went heavier and am feeling it today for sure! Hack Squats - 10, 5, 5, 5, - went heaviest I have ever gone Knee started bothering me then so I quit Overall decent workout, not the most volume but heavier and I am freaking sore today. Once again, no school for me today because of how cold it is I guess. First time for everything! First month review coming later today
In for the review!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was last day of the first bottle of Magnitropin.

Deadlifts
305x5
350x3
390x1
405x1
445xFail....wanted to get a PR...got off floor easy then fail.

That's it today...that's all I was going for.

Thanks to Nattyforlife my back is feeling better after only a couple days. It still gets tight but he gave me a little advice.

Gonna see if I can get 225x20 on bench tomorrow or this weekend. Got out of school at 12:00 today because of wind advisory...could barely see while driving at times with the wind blowing the snow.

I will get that review up soon..sorry for not getting it up yet.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
No worries man glad your back is feeling better!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Today was last day of the first bottle of Magnitropin. Deadlifts 305x5 350x3 390x1 405x1 445xFail....wanted to get a PR...got off floor easy then fail. That's it today...that's all I was going for. Thanks to Nattyforlife my back is feeling better after only a couple days. It still gets tight but he gave me a little advice. Gonna see if I can get 225x20 on bench tomorrow or this weekend. Got out of school at 12:00 today because of wind advisory...could barely see while driving at times with the wind blowing the snow. I will get that review up soon..sorry for not getting it up yet.
No problem brother! Try this from now on. While lying on your stomach, do a pressup while keeping your hips on the floor! That should help tons also! Do about 10 to 20 of them!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Also if you want to educate yourself on the stuff i had you do just google "makenzie" exercises!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Superman's will help lower lumbar as well.

445lb deadlift is right around the corner! Block pulls or pause deads are in order to get you over that hump (sticking point)

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1st Month Review of Magnitropin
Weight +6lbs....this is not what I wanted and I really haven't changed diet (it sucks anyways) much except for Christmas meals. My fault though for not doing more cardio as was my original goal.

Increase appetite 10/10
Definitely. Their we're times where I would just be hungry all the time but for the majority of it, I could just eat and eat without getting full.

Increase exercise performance 10/10
I give it a 10 because it pushed me past barriers that have been holding me back for years on bench. From getting a new PR on bench and hoping to break another one today! My back let me down for squat and deadlift but my squat numbers were the highest they have been for a couple years. ENDURANCE was through the roof. Just felt like the energizer bunny upper body wise. Lower body in also increased the amount of sets when I normally stop I would add some.

Increase muscle growth ( Hard to give accurate rating without measurements)
I can't find my dang measurements but I will keep looking. From looking in the mirror, I think my traps and shoulders are what benefited the most.

Increase libido (7/10)
I give it a passing grade but I was hoping for more of a libido boost. It gave me more of a boost than the last two T Boosters I took. I don't respond well to them normally. I am normally a one and done guy but their were a few times I got frisky in the middle of the night!! And it's tough since we just got married last summer and wanna giggity giggity every night anyways! Lol...enjoy it while it lasts huh!!!

Other notes - increased hair growth in random places, muscles fuller and harder

Anything else you wanted me to note on?

It's gonna be another fun 4 weeks with Magnitropin

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Start of Month 2
I was going to take a recovery week but decided not to.

Bench 3x190, 3x220, 3x245, 17x225 which ties a PR. I got it half way up, then it started to come down. Good thing their was another lip I could set it down on. I think this is good considering I have not repped out for 2 weeks. I worked on singles instead and got a 1 rep PR last week.

Wide Grip Bench (ring finger on ring) 185x10x2 DB Flys superset with DB Bench 2x10 each (ouch) Machine Fly ss DB Incline 2x10
BB Rows 5x5 with 100lbs...weak I know but I working in good form and adding 5 lbs every time I do these Assisted Pull-ups x 30 by the time I am done I am barely lifting any weight. I can't do one if that gives you any idea. Now once I finally drop 20lbs then I can usually do them.
Pull Up Negatives (hold as long as possible) 3x3 Wide Lat Pulldowns 3x10
Narrow Underhand Pulldowns 3x10

35 minutes LISS Elliptical - holy crap I did cardio!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was going to take yesterday off since I had to stay at work later than usual and I wante to watch the game but I went in and felt good so I squated.

Foam Roll, Stretch, foam roll
Box Jumps 3x5
BW lunges set of 10

Heels on 25lbs plate
bar x 5, 5
135x3
185x3
Heels on 10lbs plate
185x3, 3
Normal squat
185x3
230x3
265x3
295x3

Felt really good actually. Felt like I had way better mobility in my hips.

315x1 great rep. Wished I would have recorded it to show you how much better this rep was than my last squat video.

335x1 pretty dang easy, but form was back to crap. I think I smell a PR in a month! As long as the body holds up!

That's all I did as it was time to get home to watch the game