Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I only enjoy arm days if I know I'm gonna get to do some heavy close-grip bench or the like. You know, where you basically start using all kinds of other muscles besides arms lol

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curls for the guys! What else! Mirin!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I only enjoy arm days if I know I'm gonna get to do some heavy close-grip bench or the like. You know, where you basically start using all kinds of other muscles besides arms lol
Haha exactly!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good morning! Today was remedial day and I also added in Klokov shoulder press' for shoulder work. I'm not sure if it was just because of the triple sets, but I never failed on the Klokov press so I did extra sets instead of changing the weight towards the end. I used the set weighted bar vs the Ez bar that I've been using. I had 2.5 or 5lb plates on the Ez bar last time and struggled--so...

Triple set 1:

Klokov press 41X0 tempo
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10

DB External rotations elbow on knee
41X0 tempo
10x10
10x10
10x10
10x10
10x10

Standing calf raise
22X2 Tempo
235x10
235x10
235x10
235x10
235x10
*up 45lbs from last time

Triple set 2

Klokov press 41X0 Tempo
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10

Calf press on leg press 3112 Tempo
350x10
350x10
350x10
350x10
350x10

Supported DB flyes with bent elbow 3110 tempo
12.5x10 R\L
12.5x10 "
12.5x10 "
12.5x10 "
12.5x10 "
*up 2.5 lbs from last time

SS 3

Klokov press 41X0 Tempo
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10
40x10

Incline rev crunch (garhammer- is what it called for...not sure if that's what I did. Lol Gonna watch more videos)
3110 tempo

Oblique crunches on hypers bench
3010 tempo
10 R/L
10 R/L
10 R/L
10 R/L
10 R/L

turff49

turff49

Awards
Excellent going on those Klokov presses! Super volume there!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Great work, Kat!! I like the looks of your remedial days. I may need to start trying incorporate one in!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't know what to say other than "I'm Impressed" !!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet workout Katness! I hope your Friday and weekend goes well!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those shoulders are gonna look sculpted and awesome in a tank/bikini top w all your hard work

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I realized the other day one of the sexiest things on a woman to me is a nice upper back/shoulder region. You can be born skinny, nice chest, skin, etc, but you have to work for a sculpted upper back/shoulders. It represents true effort, to me.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you all so much!! I really do like the Klokov press! I feel every head of my delt engaging vs usually my front delt doing most of the work!

I think I realized the other day one of the sexiest things on a woman to me is a nice upper back/shoulder region. You can be born skinny, nice chest, skin, etc, but you have to work for a sculpted upper back/shoulders. It represents true effort, to me.
Thank you!! I completely agree! That is one of my biggest goals too!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Friday! Got to sleep until 9 today! (Didn't mean to but man, did it feel good) I had a hard time getting mentally motivated for leg day since I just started walking normal yesterday! Lol

Drank about 3/4 of a scoop of NitroNOX and it really helped get me focused! Once I got going, I was G2G.

Warmed up with some cardio on the bike

SS 1

Split squat (front foot elevated 4-6")
Tempo 3010
1. 95x10 L/R
2. 95x10 R/L
3. 95x10 L/R
4. 95x10 R/L
5. 95x10 L/R
6. 95x10 R/L- right outer quad went numb
7. 95x10 L/R
8. 95x10 R/L
9. 95x10 L/R
10. 95x10 R/L
**increased 10 lbs from last time

Seated leg curls 3010 tempo
1. 90x10
2. 90x10
3. 90x10
4. 90x10
5. 90x10
6. 90x10
7. 90x10
8. 90x10
9. 90x10
10. 90x10

SS 2:

Step ups w/ a bar tempo 3010
50x10
50x10
50x10

SLDL 4010 tempo
95x10
95x10
95x10

Both outer quads feel numb as if they are asleep...so odd. Not really sure what causes that. Pinched nerve is my guess. Maybe some stretching/rolling?!

***On my last two sets of split squats, there was a female trainer beside me teaching a girl to lift a loaded bar from the safety bar of the squat rack bent over. Almost as if it was a reverse good morning. It was crazy! I actually talked to one trainer and the manager about it! I don't want anyone getting hurt! I wanted to ask that girl directly but didn't want disrespect the trainer in front of her client though.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I often look around the gym while doing cardio and think, What are they doing !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You did the right thing - this shows respect for the gym/training team, which lets you address the issue while not embarassing/discrediting the trainer and potentially ruining their relationship or even damaging the trainer's career potential at the facility.

At the commercial gym I always benched at I competed and was friends with the head of the training team, and one time one of his new guys was basically teaching the conventional deadlift wrong to a gal. She couldn't lift it and he couldn't figure out what was wrong, and by that time I'd spoken w/ my friend about what was going on/what she needed and as soon as the trainer came over to him they had the issue resolved and her technique corrected in 2 minutes. She's safe; they look good; she gets swoll.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It can be quite entertaining sometimes Rocket3015

Thanks Hyde I was hoping it was the right choice! I overlook so much...I know I screw up plenty too- but that was one that I truly feared for the client!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
It can be quite entertaining sometimes Rocket3015

Thanks Hyde I was hoping it was the right choice! I overlook so much...I know I screw up plenty too- but that was one that I truly feared for the client!
I agree that you did the right thing, Kat. When were at O2 Fitness while out of town hubby actually said something to manager because one of the younger trainers was just teaching overall bad (injury warranting) form.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was great! Think I finally got caught up on sleep! We even got to go see Jurassic World yesterday! It was really good!

Had a great workout this morning! Still sticking to my 3/4 a scoop of NitroNOX. Probably will be finishing my tub this week or early next week!

Started using Jefit again today to log my workouts! We will see how long I stick to it! It should help me keep track of what weight I use from week to week instead of having to search back through. My paper gets ripped out of my notebooks so that never seemed to help! Lol

Went up on bench and rows today! Felt good!

SS 1:

Barbell Bench Press tempo 4010
Set 1 : 95x10
Set 2 : 95x10
Set 3 : 95x10
Set 4 : 95x10
Set 5 : 95x10
Set 6 : 95x10
Set 7 : 95x10
Set 8 : 95x10
Set 9 : 95x10
Set 10 : 95x10

Black band Pull Up tempo 3010

Set 1 : 105x10
Set 2 : 105x10
Set 3 : 105x10
Set 4 : 105x10
Set 5 : 105x10
Set 6 : 105x10
Set 7 : 105x10
Set 8 : 105x10
Set 9 : 105x10
Set 10 : 105x10

SS 2:

Dumbbell Incline Bench Press tempo 4110
Set 1 : 30x10
Set 2 : 30x10
Set 3 : 30x10

Cable Rope Seated Row tempo 3011

Cardio 30 mins walking on incline

Have a great day!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am going to be embarrassed tonight when I post my New Log and I used the same weight on the bench as "A Girl"!! Great looking workout, sorry to hear you are getting low on the PWO....Maybe we can find a new one for you to use!! Have a Great day...Life is Good !!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Kat, can I asked what is Jefit? I just make a memo on my phone after each workout, but I'd love a better way to track my workouts.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am going to be embarrassed tonight when I post my New Log and I used the same weight on the bench as "A Girl"!! Great looking workout, sorry to hear you are getting low on the PWO....Maybe we can find a new one for you to use!! Have a Great day...Life is Good !!
Lol thank you! No need to be embarrassed! You're strong!

Kat, can I asked what is Jefit? I just make a memo on my phone after each workout, but I'd love a better way to track my workouts.
It is an app...I'm sure they have an android app too! RegisterJr uses it too along with several others on here I believe. I've been making memos too but keep running out of room and deleting them. Lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm doing the "Train like a Warrior" workout and I love it. You'll really like the guidance of this app. :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol thank you! No need to be embarrassed! You're strong!

It is an app...I'm sure they have an android app too! RegisterJr uses it too along with several others on here I believe. I've been making memos too but keep running out of room and deleting them. Lol
Yup. I love Jefit. It keeps logs of all my workouts, tells me when I Pr or what I need to do to PR, and keeps track of my rest times.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope your weekend was great Kat!! Solid workout and congrats on going up!! I played softball until 4 am Saturday. Still made it to gym but was wiped out.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Oh...I need to check this out! Same here, Kat. I'm always deleting them because my phone gives me these storage error messages because I struggle with deleting pics... even when they are on the cloud. So other stuff ends up going.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Off topic .. kat used your code today at TGB and it was like getting Free Shipping..Thank you!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off topic .. kat used your code today at TGB and it was like getting Free Shipping..Thank you!
TGB to the rescue..!!! Free Shipping can't be beat..!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm... Didn't know they had free shipping.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm... Didn't know they had free shipping.

We don't.. its half price shipping over $75 and then with the discount codes, its like getting free shipping.
At least thats what Rocket meant.. :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm doing the "Train like a Warrior" workout and I love it. You'll really like the guidance of this app. :)
Oh yeah! I forgot you were using it too!!

Hope your weekend was great Kat!! Solid workout and congrats on going up!! I played softball until 4 am Saturday. Still made it to gym but was wiped out.
Thank you! I bet you were!!

Oh...I need to check this out! Same here, Kat. I'm always deleting them because my phone gives me these storage error messages because I struggle with deleting pics... even when they are on the cloud. So other stuff ends up going.
Haha yes! Exactly!

Woohoo!! That's awesome!

We don't.. its half price shipping over $75 and then with the discount codes, its like getting free shipping.
At least thats what Rocket meant.. :)
Yep! ...And who doesn't like free shipping??'n

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Ok...one last Jefit question...is it worth it to upgrade to Elite member?? I already pay for MyFitnessPal so I can track macros...wondering if paying for Jefit will open up more options for me at this point.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok...one last Jefit question...is it worth it to upgrade to Elite member?? I already pay for MyFitnessPal so I can track macros...wondering if paying for Jefit will open up more options for me at this point.
I payed for the Pro, but I don't think it's worth going the elite route IMO.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are paying the $10/mo for MFP? Why? It shows all the macros in the free version.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
It shows them, but wouldn't let me tweak them for me. I like being able to change them. I got a deal for signing up right when I downloaded it. So, I paid $50 for the year.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
You are paying the $10/mo for MFP? Why? It shows all the macros in the free version.
Ok. I didn't think I could see anything but my calorie goals before. I just joined 2 months ago & it looks like they may have changed settings where you have to pay to get more than basic calorie goals. I definitely had to pay to see anything other than basic calories consumed/used. I'm willing to pay for the advanced dashboard that breaks down my macros for me better. My head just can't retain it all with everything else going on. I'm scattered brained enough.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok. I didn't think I could see anything but my calorie goals before. I just joined 2 months ago & it looks like they may have changed settings where you have to pay to get more than basic calorie goals. I definitely had to pay to see anything other than basic calories consumed/used. I'm willing to pay for the advanced dashboard that breaks down my macros for me better. My head just can't retain it all with everything else going on. I'm scattered brained enough.
If it's worth it to you that's all that matters.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good morning! A little tired after being so busy yesterday and getting to bed late but nothing the NitroNOX didn't knock out! I decided to cut back on arms, add abs, and extra cardio. Chest and back are pretty sore from yesterday so it took me a few mins to warm up and get stretched out!

Triple set: no rests All tempos 3010

Machine Assisted Dip
Set 1 : 90x10
Set 2 : 90x10
Set 3 : 90x10
Set 4 : 90x10
Set 5 : 90x10

Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl 33.33

Set 1 : 25x10
Set 2 : 25x10
Set 3 : 25x10
Set 4 : 25x10
Set 5 : 25x10

Hanging Leg Raise 20
Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 4 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 5 : 20 Lap/Rep

Followed up with 50 mins on the treadmill. Mixed up incline walking and running.

I even managed to wear purple 2 days in a row! Hahaha

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437489891.472590.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the difference in the free, pro, and elite?
Between the free and pro I believe it's how many workouts or exercises you can store on the app. For Elite or VIP, it offers more "in depth graphs, stats, charts". I'm not sure if they're worth it either. I just like the logging and tracking PRs.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome Kat 50 minutes on treadmill is no joke. Purple is good but you make it look awesome lol. Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ick, you are all sweatie and stuff............... Just Kidding and proof that looking good takes work !! Nice Job!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ick, you are all sweatie and stuff............... Just Kidding and proof that looking good takes work !! Nice Job!!
Thank you!! I always thought just walking on an incline was easy worthless cardio...sweat just pours as if I was doing HIIT!

Rest day today! I think I'm catching up on sleep finally! Not near as tired today! I have had a headache for the past few days though. I hope you're all having a great hump day!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Thank you!! I always thought just walking on an incline was easy worthless cardio...sweat just pours as if I was doing HIIT!

Rest day today! I think I'm catching up on sleep finally! Not near as tired today! I have had a headache for the past few days though. I hope you're all having a great hump day!
Someone mentioned doing fasted incline walking to me....to cut fat vs cutting my calories. I need to start doing it!!

Oh, I sure hope you feel better. Headaches are no fun.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Someone mentioned doing fasted incline walking to me....to cut fat vs cutting my calories. I need to start doing it!!

Oh, I sure hope you feel better. Headaches are no fun.
I think you'll like it!

I feel ok! Thank you! I go through spells to where they're bad but they aren't migraines so I can deal with them!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad it wasn't too much to deal with. I get migraines that land me in bed for the day. I don't wish that on anyone. Headaches can still be annoying to "deal" with though. Hopefully, today is better.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you'll like it!

I feel ok! Thank you! I go through spells to where they're bad but they aren't migraines so I can deal with them!
Do you supplement with niacin (nicotinic acid version only not the niacinamide version)? This will help with the headaches and improve your HDL as well.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you supplement with niacin (nicotinic acid version only not the niacinamide version)? This will help with the headaches and improve your HDL as well.
I use to but haven't in a while! Might need to pull it back out! Thanks Mark!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Thursday! Up and at it at 4:30 this morning! Drank on 3/4 a scoop right before leaving the house and on the way to the gym! I was really excited to get back in the gym this morning! Had a great workout! It was super tough but always love the pain in the muscles when I'm leaving the gym!!

Triple set
Rest: <30 seconds between sets and 60 seconds before repeating

Neutral Dumbbell Shoulder Press

TEMPO 4010

Set 1 : 30x10
Set 2 : 30x10
Set 3 : 30x10
Set 4 : 30x10
Set 5 : 30x10
Set 6 : 30x10
Set 7 : 30x10
Set 8 : 30x10
Set 9 : 30x9 -failed #10
Set 10 : 30x10

Increased from 25's --Very surprised I made it through without failing more. They felt heavy/hard from the get go! Struggled on several reps

Dumbbell Alternate Standing Lateral Raise

TEMPO 4010

Set 1 : 15x10
Set 2 : 15x10
Set 3 : 15x10
Set 4 : 15x10
Set 5 : 15x10
Set 6 : 15x10
Set 7 : 15x10
Set 8 : 15x10
Set 9 : 15x10
Set 10 : 15x10

Banded Pull Up - black

TEMPO 5110

Set 4 : 105x10
Set 5 : 105x10
Set 6 : 105x10
Set 7 : 105x10
Set 8 : 105x10
Set 9 : 105x10
Set 10 : 105x10

Just for kicks, I tried the tiny red band after I was done--only got 6! Felt like it was NO HELP at all! Haha

Triple set 2: TEMPO on all 4010
<30 secs rest between sets

Cable Rear Lateral Raise
Set 1 : 12.5x7, 10x3
Set 2 : 12.5x10
Set 3 : 12.5x10
**up from 10lbs last time

Incline Dumbbell Lying Rear Lateral Raise
Set 1 : 10x12
Set 2 : 10x12
Set 3 : 10x12
**I've been doing these wrong so this was a first. I thought it was face up- lateral raises on an incline bench--not face down! Lol

Ez bar Bent Arm Pullover
Set 1 : 50x10
Set 2 : 50x10
Set 3 : 50x10
**up from 40lbs last time

Finished up with incline walking only squeezed in 10 mins though.

Hope you all are having an awesome day!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No wonder your shoulders look so good !!