Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I trained once with John Parrillo and Kevin Levrone it was about 30 years ago, there were pictures of it in the Parrillo Press.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I started stretching the muscle right after its worked a few years ago. Did it to stretch it while it was warm.
Haven't had an injury since. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!
If I can get some extra growth that is a bonus!
I now believe there is a place for Fascia stretching. I mean, you go through all this pain and there is no way the muscles won’t grow.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I trained once with John Parrillo and Kevin Levrone it was about 30 years ago, there were pictures of it in the Parrillo Press.
I train with Kevin all the time, I play his training vids on my phone whilst I work out. We are like brothers, you know like ironhands and Mike Ohearn. Mike talks to ironhands all the time.

Seriously though you must have the pics no?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I train with Kevin all the time, I play his training vids on my phone whilst I work out. We are like brothers, you know like ironhands and Mike Ohearn. Mike talks to ironhands all the time.

Seriously though you must have the pics no?
Last time I looked for it I could not find it, I will have to look again

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DC Training A1

Smythe Incline BB Press- bar+55kgs- 17reps
Seated DB Press- 25kgs- 15reps
Weighted Tricep Dips- 15kgs- 22reps (Increase weight)
Rack Chins- 15kgs- 18reps
BB Rows- 95Kgs- 12reps

Just one more session to go this week and I know where my starting point is on weights

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DC Training A1

Smythe Incline BB Press- bar+55kgs- 17reps
Seated DB Press- 25kgs- 15reps
Weighted Tricep Dips- 15kgs- 22reps (Increase weight)
Rack Chins- 15kgs- 18reps
BB Rows- 95Kgs- 12reps

Just one more session to go this week and I know where my starting point is on weights

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had to google what rack chins are. I call them "BW rows -horizontal bar". Ever thought I'm the only one doing them.
Hehe! Now I have a rack chin - brother! Instead of using weights, try them one armed. That makes me do girly noises.

:)

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had to google what rack chins are. I call them "BW rows -horizontal bar". Ever thought I'm the only one doing them.
Hehe! Now I have a rack chin - brother! Instead of using weights, try them one armed. That makes me do girly noises.

I do them using the parallel grips on my dip station, feels like a face pull although the hand width is obviously constant.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do them using the parallel grips on my dip station, feels like a face pull although the hand width is obviously constant.
I do them under the smith press, lying on my back and the bar as far away as I can barely touch it with the finger tips.
Currently able to do about 3 reps each side one armed, while holding the unused arm stretched out, pointing up.

Try it, it is to sort out vaginas from penises. Muhahaha!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do them under the smith press, lying on my back and the bar as far away as I can barely touch it with the finger tips.
Currently able to do about 3 reps each side one armed, while holding the unused arm stretched out, pointing up.

Try it, it is to sort out vaginas from penises. Muhahaha!
I think I saw something like that on an athlean X video.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I saw something like that on an athlean X video.
YES! He even does it with a small DB in his free hand....no way doing this, at least for me. Tell me if you are able.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I used to do rack chins in my PHAT program for almost 6-7 months. Many don't do it because there are so many back exercises.. But, they are underrated IMO. I will try BW one handed just for fun. If I break something, I will let you know. Just send a cheque.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
YES! He even does it with a small DB in his free hand....no way doing this, at least for me. Tell me if you are able.
I'll mess around with it next back day, Friday I think. I will need to see if I can get me squat stands low enough to do it. Do you raise your feet or keep heels on the floor?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll mess around with it next back day, Friday I think. I will need to see if I can get me squat stands low enough to do it. Do you raise your feet or keep heels on the floor?
Heels on floor and stiff like a frozen raccoon.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My feet is on top of an incline bench. It keeps your legs away from the movement.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think though if your articles on keeping legs dead straight it shouldn't matter, legs raised would work slightly higher mid back and heels on floor slightly lower.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like an interesting exercise to try ..

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It is. Definitely give it a try. I needed sometime to get the form right. But, once I got it right, it’s great.
You don't have a good video to share on the proper form do you ?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Challenge is: one armed. :) Happy suffering!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think I will start with 2 arms !!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just realized that not only do I have a "like" button, but I also have the ability to post different emojis. I must be extra special!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just realized that not only do I have a "like" button, but I also have the ability to post different emojis. I must be extra special!
You are special! :)

Seriously, you must be the only one with that ability. Apparently, @Admin gives a sh1t about the missing like button.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was taken away from us. :mad:
We should fight for the button.

FREE THE BUTTON !

@SFreed has a button, we want equality!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buttons have rights too!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Button will be back. Patience.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, Halo Elite from Blackstonelabs was just placebo for guys who gave raving reviews and feedback about it. No aggression, nothing on muscle building.

@Wobmarvel if you want to give it a try, I hsve one more bottle. Can send it to you for free since you were looking to try it. Just pay shipping. Probably about $10

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, Halo Elite from Blackstonelabs was just placebo for guys who gave raving reviews and feedback about it. No aggression, nothing on muscle building.

@Wobmarvel if you want to give it a try, I hsve one more bottle. Can send it to you for free since you were looking to try it. Just pay shipping. Probably about $10
Hi, generous offer thanks. Not sure how I pay the $10, what would that be in GBP?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Hi, generous offer thanks. Not sure how I pay the $10, what would that be in GBP?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today’s lesson: Don’t mix Romanian deadlift and Squats on a DC training day.

Couldn’t complete squats Straight Set with heavy weights. Instead did 100kgs for 13reps and 80kgs for 21 reps.

The temperature was 95F and 90% Humidity. My body just gave in.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That humidity is a killer !!

Brutefit

Brutefit

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Today’s lesson: Don’t mix Romanian deadlift and Squats on a DC training day.

Couldn’t complete squats Straight Set with heavy weights. Instead did 100kgs for 13reps and 80kgs for 21 reps.

The temperature was 95F and 90% Humidity. My body just gave in.
I can feel you, we had some rain today in the south.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you have Winter (cold) where you are ??

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you have Winter (cold) where you are ??
I have to travel north of the country to experience winter. We don’t get actually winters since I am now stuck at the south coastal part of the country.