JTMASS: Journey to the best shape of my life

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man. Hangover is a crazy MOFO. Haven’t had these many drinks in years. Felt like S#it when I woke up. But, I kept hydrating since morning and eating well. Hopefully, my gym session won’t suk today.
Once I hit my 30s the hangovers from drinking has been sooo bad it’s just not worth it for me anymore. I will rarely have more then two drinks these days, but on the occasion I do I definitely pay for it the next day.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Once I hit my 30s the hangovers from drinking has been sooo bad it’s just not worth it for me anymore. I will rarely have more then two drinks these days, but on the occasion I do I definitely pay for it the next day.
Word!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My buddy use to say this when he turned 25 lol He would say, “I can’t drink like I did when we were 18-21, I get stupid hangovers the next day.” I’ve never been a drinker so I can’t relate but I find it funny that so many people can relate and it has to be true lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How's your Son Doing ? Better I Hope !

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My buddy use to say this when he turned 25 lol He would say, “I can’t drink like I did when we were 18-21, I get stupid hangovers the next day.” I’ve never been a drinker so I can’t relate but I find it funny that so many people can relate and it has to be true lol
Good for you my man. Hangover is a Sh1t show.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good for you my man. Hangover is a Sh1t show.
I wasn’t a saint by any means. I had other problems but the past is in the past #movingforward

Glad the boys getting better! Better start drinking some warm tea and honey my guy (well, it helps me to a degree.. could be worth a shot) nip that sore throat in the bud!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright! I am back.

Scrapped through the workout today. Still recovering from the wheezing. I might up the carbs Pre workout to get me through. Getting back after sickness is just tough. All this constant out of the gym is costing my strength.

435BDF26-A3A2-4B24-953D-2247247E3DE3.jpeg

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alright! I am back.

Scrapped through the workout today. Still recovering from the wheezing. I might up the carbs Pre workout to get me through. Getting back after sickness is just tough. All this constant out of the gym is costing my strength.

View attachment 178714
Nice grinding bro. Not easy when your not feeling great but sometimes you just gotta punch that work card and get it done

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice grinding bro. Not easy when your not feeling great but sometimes you just gotta punch that work card and get it done
True. You can’t always wait till things become 100% favourable.

Going to definitely end up with some crazy DOMS for sure. Will prolly have to stand and take a dump tomorrow. Lol.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pre workout Meal- Wheat bread with Natural Peanut butter and Cocoa Spread

Pre workout supp- Cannibal Ferox + Mega Pre

AAF9E571-BC18-4399-93D1-76D417F52E24.jpeg

Strength is just not back to how it was a month ago. Pump was great. I am hoping the strength will be back soon.

Weight is down by 1kg. So, that’s decent progress. Will measure BF and other Metrics a couple weeks later

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 3 was rest

Day 4

Preworkout- Wheat bread, peanut butter and strawberry preserve

6EEEFA55-4F60-4867-8A18-950716FAECFE.jpeg

Took extra time between sets to just recover. The lifts were good.
Cardio- Battle Rope training and Eliptical Machine- 15mins

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That battle rope is a different type of conditioning lol

Call your pre workout what it is.. PB & J

Man, if I eat any fats/pro pre workout it sits like a brick in my stomach so I eat CHO only. It’s been pieces of fruit lately.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That battle rope is a different type of conditioning lol

Call your pre workout what it is.. PB & J

Man, if I eat any fats/pro pre workout it sits like a brick in my stomach so I eat CHO only. It’s been pieces of fruit lately.
Lol.. yeah.. I wanted people to see I am eating healthy. So wheat bread, natural peanut butter, 45% real strawberry preserve with low sugar.. it’s the works bro.. haha

I eat my Pre workout snack at least an hour before. Doesn’t cause any problems. If I eat fruit, I will starve in between the workout.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PB&J is good anytime !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am thinking the secret to world peace, my lie in Peanut Butter !!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pre workout- Juggernaut Nutrition iRate. This was an awesome experience. Been a while since I have taken DMAA Pre or any exotic stim. The feel was great.

F6C979F5-8347-4FE7-B25D-A1222A132AB7.jpeg

Good note:
1) Got 8 reps on my last set of Squats
2) Increase in volume on Hack Squat. Same weight as last week. Did 2 reps more.

Not so good note:
Threw Up in the middle of the workout

But overall great session. Got right back into weights after I threw up quite a bit of water.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are a Tough Cookie !

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are a Tough Cookie !
Lol.. the funny part was, I was throwing up and a guy comes to me and asks; aren’t you the same guy who had a vein dilation sometime ago. I just didn’t know if I should laugh or just say F Off.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pre workout supp- Mega Pre and 1/2 scoop Angel Dust. Didn’t want to be awake all night.

2546A778-49F1-44A9-AE3D-90164075E608.jpeg

Strength is back to normal, I think.
Got 8 reps on that last set of Bench Press.
Went a little more than what I am used to in weights. Great pump and I think Betaine Anhydrous treats me well. Been taking betaine at 3-4gms for the last few days.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you using an app to track your workouts? I'm always looking for something to help simplify my life.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you using an app to track your workouts? I'm always looking for something to help simplify my life.
I am paying for a program from Layne Norton. It’s a monthly membership fee. Keeps all my logs and have access to almost 12 different programs.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No workout yesterday. Was out with my son.

Today
49B6D0BB-1F7A-4976-96B9-E67BD05112A3.jpeg

Pre workout supp- Mega Pre and Pink Salt

Notes:
Felt great and good drive today. Moved up my weights on a few exercise and it was not too bad. Weight hasn’t moved much. Still at 1kg loss (after the poop).
Going to add Cannibal Claw sometime this month. I have not used a fat burner. So, it would be interesting to see what it does.

Stay fit

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are already pretty lean, you may just get paper thin skin !!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are already pretty lean, you may just get paper thin skin !!
Thank you, Sir. But, I have quite a lot of fat on my back and lower abs. Paper thin.. hmmm.. I wish..

Just need some feedback on some of the fat burners I have.

1) Cannibal Claw
2) Evomuse Supernova
3) OL OG Bloodshr3d

Can’t remem what else I have. Any suggestions?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you, Sir. But, I have quite a lot of fat on my back and lower abs. Paper thin.. hmmm.. I wish..

Just need some feedback on some of the fat burners I have.

1) Cannibal Claw
2) Evomuse Supernova
3) OL OG Bloodshr3d

Can’t remem what else I have. Any suggestions?
I have never tried any of those, so I am of No Help At All !

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used bloodshed on my cut. The taste took a bit of getting used to but I rate the effects. It was the war edition as I'm in the uk but I stacked it with yohimbine hcl.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't you get some Radiate jtmass

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used bloodshed on my cut. The taste took a bit of getting used to but I rate the effects. It was the war edition as I'm in the uk but I stacked it with yohimbine hcl.
I think mine is the Raw edition. I have good control over my appetite and the portion I eat. What were the effects apart from Thermogenesis. I also use a Pre workout supp. I may have to skip that, right?

Didn't you get some Radiate jtmass
damn! My wife finished both the OG tubs. What do I do with other fat burners I have..lol

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think mine is the Raw edition. I have good control over my appetite and the portion I eat. What were the effects apart from Thermogenesis. I also use a Pre workout supp. I may have to skip that, right?

damn! My wife finished both the OG tubs. What do I do with the ones I have..lol
Use them! That's what I would do. then you will know if you benefit from any of them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

damn! My wife finished both the OG tubs. What do I do with the ones I have..lol
In and all caught up. Missed the mention until I got I here, but thanks for the invite.

Body fat in first post looks to be 18-20% depending on how large your abs are and how lean your back is. You said a lot of fat on your back so I am guessing similar to mine.

Still looking good and I bet it won't take as long as you think to see some good improvement.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In and all caught up. Missed the mention until I got I here, but thanks for the invite.

Body fat in first post looks to be 18-20% depending on how large your abs are and how lean your back is. You said a lot of fat on your back so I am guessing similar to mine.

Still looking good and I bet it won't take as long as you think to see some good improvement.
Thanks for joining, Sir. Abs aren’t big and my back isn’t lean either.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Use them! That's what I would do. then you will know if you benefit from any of them.
Not really convinced about stim fat burners since they control appetite with a lot of stims. That’s why I mentioned about my self control. Cannibal Claw on paper looked interesting.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Experienced a great sense of wellbeing and prolonged energy release. I would use a serving first thing in the morning before my walk to work and it would help me get walking at a decent pace (2.5 mile walk) took around 30 minutes on a good day. No energy crash from it. I would also use a preworkout but I only workout three days a week and well into the evening so there would be about twelve hours between my bloodshred dose and my preworkout.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Experienced a great sense of wellbeing and prolonged energy release. I would use a serving first thing in the morning before my walk to work and it would help me get walking at a decent pace (2.5 mile walk) took around 30 minutes on a good day. No energy crash from it. I would also use a preworkout but I only workout three days a week and well into the evening so there would be about twelve hours between my bloodshred dose and my preworkout.
Thanks for the feedback. Did it increase your BMR? I am looking for something which can do this. Don’t need the appetite suppression from heavy stims because I still have to get enough Macros in to keep the muscle I have.

I am probably asking for too much.. lol

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the feedback. Did it increase your BMR? I am looking for something which can do this. Don’t need the appetite suppression from heavy stims because I still have to get enough Macros in to keep the muscle I have.

I am probably asking for too much.. lol
Don't know to be honest I never measured it. I would say yohimbine does though just from how I feel on it so if its raw edition you should be good.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't know, your abs look pretty thick now and in your pic from a few months ago when you looked to be about 12%. Which is honestly a good thing. I also think BF% is just not important unless in a Body Fat % competition. I don't think they have those so we are all good. If you like what you see in the mirror or more importantly pictures of you, then you are lean enough. I would say about 90% of the time people estimate BF way to low. I am at best 16% right now and my abs are pretty noticeable, and I am sure most people on here would be telling me I am much lower, closer to 12%. However my back holds more fat than my abs do.

ECA Stack if you want a true thermogenic stack or add in 5-8mg of Yohimbine HCL with whatever stims you are taking. You can also add in some capcaicin (sp?) extract. You don't need a ton of stims that make you feel zippy to increase body temp. Yohimbine should get you noticeably warmer.

Cheaper way, toss in a tabatta once or twice a day and use the EPOC generated from that to keep your metabolism fired up. Repaying that oxygen debt will keep your temp elevated a little but and fat burning long after each session. Do not mix exercises... 1 exercise per tabatta, you want to do 2 then do 2 different tabattas. Alternating allows the muscles being used to rest longer which lessens the metabolic reaction, and basically turns it into a 4 minute HIIT session which is not the same and not as productive at creating EPOC as an actual Tabatta.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know, your abs look pretty thick now and in your pic from a few months ago when you looked to be about 12%. Which is honestly a good thing. I also think BF% is just not important unless in a Body Fat % competition. I don't think they have those so we are all good. If you like what you see in the mirror or more importantly pictures of you, then you are lean enough. I would say about 90% of the time people estimate BF way to low. I am at best 16% right now and my abs are pretty noticeable, and I am sure most people on here would be telling me I am much lower, closer to 12%. However my back holds more fat than my abs do.

ECA Stack if you want a true thermogenic stack or add in 5-8mg of Yohimbine HCL with whatever stims you are taking. You can also add in some capcaicin (sp?) extract. You don't need a ton of stims that make you feel zippy to increase body temp. Yohimbine should get you noticeably warmer.

Cheaper way, toss in a tabatta once or twice a day and use the EPOC generated from that to keep your metabolism fired up. Repaying that oxygen debt will keep your temp elevated a little but and fat burning long after each session. Do not mix exercises... 1 exercise per tabatta, you want to do 2 then do 2 different tabattas. Alternating allows the muscles being used to rest longer which lessens the metabolic reaction, and basically turns it into a 4 minute HIIT session which is not the same and not as productive at creating EPOC as an actual Tabatta.
And are decent I would say. Not a think block. I hate doing abs. I have been lazy adding abs through out. But, I know it’s an important piece for core strength.

Yes. I am not really worried about BF%. Like you said, if I look good in the mirror, I am good. However, it would be nice to see how much BF I dropped during this cut. That’s all.

ECA. I think that might do the trick. I try to take less stims except on leg days.

This is great! I have some home work to do now. Will do some reading and see what to start. Thank you! I really appreciate the knowledge share.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pre-workout Supp- Blackstone Labs Angel Dust

Pre-workout meal- Half Banana and some cereal. Didn’t have anything else to eat.

DFFFD3A6-704C-4AD4-8A38-9EB7AB04D6BB.jpeg

I had so much Drive and focus with Angel Dust. It’s unreal. Even after this leg annihilation workout, I had some left in my tank.

My left quad gave in during the last AMRAP Squat set. Thankfully I had a spotter for my last set and he took me out of the hole

Cardio- Battle rope and Eliptical machine for 15mins.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And are decent I would say. Not a think block. I hate doing abs. I have been lazy adding abs through out. But, I know it’s an important piece for core strength.

Yes. I am not really worried about BF%. Like you said, if I look good in the mirror, I am good. However, it would be nice to see how much BF I dropped during this cut. That’s all.

ECA. I think that might do the trick. I try to take less stims except on leg days.

This is great! I have some home work to do now. Will do some reading and see what to start. Thank you! I really appreciate the knowledge share.
I do want to clarify something I said in that post, Tabatta is a form of HIIT. Also normal HIIT will most definitely cause EPOC, and well. However it takes longer to execute.

Tabatta 20 seconds full out work, 10 seconds rest for 8 rounds so 4 minutes total, and 160 seconds of work. Hit typically 30 seconds at a time with a few minutes between them. To get the same 160 seconds of high intensity work, you are looking at 5-6 30 second intervals with 2-3 minutes rest in between and you are looking at 12-18 minutes to do the job, and even then you will not have quite as much EPOC because the rest periods allow a lot more recovery, and oxygen to get back into the muscles before each set.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do want to clarify something I said in that post, Tabatta is a form of HIIT. Also normal HIIT will most definitely cause EPOC, and well. However it takes longer to execute.

Tabatta 20 seconds full out work, 10 seconds rest for 8 rounds so 4 minutes total, and 160 seconds of work. Hit typically 30 seconds at a time with a few minutes between them. To get the same 160 seconds of high intensity work, you are looking at 5-6 30 second intervals with 2-3 minutes rest in between and you are looking at 12-18 minutes to do the job, and even then you will not have quite as much EPOC because the rest periods allow a lot more recovery, and oxygen to get back into the muscles before each set.
Understood. I am going to give it a go tomorrow and report back.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pre-workout Supp- Blackstone Labs Angel Dust

Pre-workout meal- Half Banana and some cereal. Didn’t have anything else to eat.

View attachment 179100

I had so much Drive and focus with Angel Dust. It’s unreal. Even after this leg annihilation workout, I had some left in my tank.

My left quad gave in during the last AMRAP Squat set. Thankfully I had a spotter for my last set and he took me out of the hole

Cardio- Battle rope and Eliptical machine for 15mins.
Never tried Angel Dust. well at least not the type you are talking about. DMAA or DMHA?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AMP Citrate. I can send you some if you want to give it a go. I have enough to share.
Thanks for the offer brother! But I have enough Pre to kill someone. Don't take high stims anymore. I almost always workout in the evening and have to get to bed 3-4 hours after. If I get a chance to hit the gym on a weekend morning I love my high stim pre's
was curious what the Drive and focus kicker in it was.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm using Angel dust just now, v2 plus made for UK so probably tame as ****. I don't like using too many stims when bulking though so have really desensitized myself to them. I too work out in the evening so often don't use anything, sometimes just a coffee or if I do use a pre it's usually a half scoop and works wonders for me.

When I'm cutting though I consume about 700 mg of caffeine per day and go stim ballistic.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dust V2.JPG

I had a tub of this it was just OK ....