Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What size PVC?
We have a billion of these layin around the gym. It was stiff enough to push against. It didn't relieve any direct pain around the AC joint, but I could tell my injured side was much more stiff than my good side.

I was able to lift my arm overhead easier...so better scap movement..might result in better AC?

Attachments

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We have a billion of these layin around the gym. It was stiff enough to push against. It didn't relieve any direct pain around the AC joint, but I could tell my injured side was much more stiff than my good side. I was able to lift my arm overhead easier...so better scap movement..might result in better AC?
Any extra mobility in the scapula is worthwhile especially considering all of the stress we put on the joint.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Training is looking good in here buddy... Got a question for you: I've noticed when I get into a squat stance with the barbell, one foot appears shorter than the other. Ever come across this anomaly? Hopefully my question makes sense

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Training is looking good in here buddy... Got a question for you: I've noticed when I get into a squat stance with the barbell, one foot appears shorter than the other. Ever come across this anomaly? Hopefully my question makes sense
Do you squat barefoot?

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Do you squat barefoot?
I squat in Otomix. When I get into a natural squat position w the bar w/o thinking about, my right foot is always ahead of my left. I have to bring the right foot back to keep it in line w the left. But then my body feels off or misaligned

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I squat in Otomix. When I get into a natural squat position w the bar w/o thinking about, my right foot is always ahead of my left. I have to bring the right foot back to keep it in line w the left. But then my body feels off or misaligned
Sounds like slight hip misalignment, which is very common.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/12

Sumo (w/ 46 Ace)
Worked up to 515x2

SLDL
225x10
275x8x3

Uni Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises
BW+25x10x3/400x10x3

Hanging Leg Raises
BWx8x3

By far, this is the most I've had in my hands from the floor since my injury in November. I was slightly hesitant to work up to that weight, but the sets all felt good even if my speed was a little meh from the floor. Right now, I'm far more concerned with technique and I was having a little bit of an issue getting set up properly as I couldn't find my stance width. Although I've been pulling in my Aces, I'll likely switch back to my Jacks since they have better hip support and aren't as tight on the thighs, which will make it easier to get to the bar.

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
I have this exact same issue plus some unusual tightness which I've always chalked up as hip flexor issues because It's exacerbated by sitting.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speed looked fine to me, man. Jealous of that positioning, too.

napalm

napalm

Awards
i thought the speed was good ryan, nice work. great position at the start.

i need to try sumo, soon. most of the big boys at db alternate week to week sumo and conv.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Speed looked fine to me, man. Jealous of that positioning, too.
It's the only lift I'm really built for out of the big three.

i thought the speed was good ryan, nice work. great position at the start. i need to try sumo, soon. most of the big boys at db alternate week to week sumo and conv.
I need to pull conventional a bit more to build my erectors back up.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
2/12

Sumo (w/ 46 Ace)
Worked up to 515x2

SLDL
225x10
275x8x3

Uni Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises
BW+25x10x3/400x10x3

Hanging Leg Raises
BWx8x3

By far, this is the most I've had in my hands from the floor since my injury in November. I was slightly hesitant to work up to that weight, but the sets all felt good even if my speed was a little meh from the floor. Right now, I'm far more concerned with technique and I was having a little bit of an issue getting set up properly as I couldn't find my stance width. Although I've been pulling in my Aces, I'll likely switch back to my Jacks since they have better hip support and aren't as tight on the thighs, which will make it easier to get to the bar.

Sound deads man

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/16 Squat

Squat (w/ 46 Ace brief and 54 Ace suit straps down)

555x2
595x1
615x1

This is the heaviest I've gone since the meet in August. There are still some small things I need to correct like better unracks and thoracic positioning along with sitting back harder into the suit, but they looked pretty good overall. I'm cutting them high intentionally as to not blow out my CNS and to keep improving.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn Rodja, you've been sneaking around and playing with some manly weights, haven't you? Nice work so far. It's funny how you call those squats high - they are, though not by much, but you post that on an SPF-friendly place and you'd have the guys talking about how you buried it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know you will. :)
That makes one person at least.

Damn Rodja, you've been sneaking around and playing with some manly weights, haven't you? Nice work so far. It's funny how you call those squats high - they are, though not by much, but you post that on an SPF-friendly place and you'd have the guys talking about how you buried it.
I made a huge jump in weight this week. Brought my suit in case I was feeling saucy and it ended up going very well. That was the first time I've used that particular size combination and it was right around the optimal tightness. It wasn't too tight to where I lost some circulation, but tight enough for tremendous support and rebound.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I made a huge jump in weight this week. Brought my suit in case I was feeling saucy and it ended up going very well. That was the first time I've used that particular size combination and it was right around the optimal tightness. It wasn't too tight to where I lost some circulation, but tight enough for tremendous support and rebound.
Sweet.

Also, I think my statement was about one of the earlier squat vids where you worked up to the 500s. I didn't see the vid where you worked up to 600 yet. I'll check it out

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm seeing some of this at db w the guys getting ready for the Arnold.
To me, it's like using boards in a shirt. You could touch every time, but you'll blow your wad in weeks. Now, I'll be hitting depth at some point in the future, but I don't have a definitive plan on when that will be since I don't have any meet on the horizon.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This isn't to stroke your ego, but in the second video, from that camera angle, I can't convince myself that those are high squats. But fair enough. Good work

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/17

OHP
155x7
135x10

Meadows Row (3s negative)
100x10x3

DB Pullovers/T Laterals (w/thumbs up)
50x10x4/15x10x4

Cambered Curls/Pullaparts (monster mini)
75x15x3/15x3

Incline Prone DB Shrugs/Rolling Ex
70x15x2/35x15x2

The focus on the day was very simple: scapula mobility. I added in pullovers and stretched out the mid and lower traps while strengthening the supraspinatus with the lateral variation.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/18

Sumo (w/ 46 Ace)
405x2+40# chain
455x1+40# chain
455x1+80# chain
455x1+120# chain
455x1+120# chain

Hack Squats
315x7x2
315x10

Bulgarian Split Squat/DB Shrugs
BW+50x10x3/90x15x3

Uni Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises/Hanging Leg Raises
BW+25x10x3/360x15x3/BWx10x3

Training three straight days sucks so much, but I had to cram it in before I leave for a few days. After this session, I'll definitely be deloading on Sunday after all the gear work the past couple of weeks That and my speed today wasn't great.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/20

Incline BP
225x3
235x2
245x1
225x4

DY Row
125x10x3

HS Low Row
145x8x3

WYT/Tate Press
110x8x3/40x15x3

HS Preacher Curl
45x10
55x8x2

Made some adjustments with grip and mobility on this day and was able to get in some good work. I brought in my width two fingers per side and this helped me to keep my shoulders protracted once I was able to get them set. The whole area is getting there, but no timetable for anything significant to happen on bench.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2/20
Made some adjustments with grip and mobility on this day and was able to get in some good work. I brought in my width two fingers per side and this helped me to keep my shoulders protracted once I was able to get them set. The whole area is getting there, but no timetable for anything significant to happen on bench.
Retracted?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/25

OHP
165x4
135x12

Pendlay Row
185x5
205x5x3

HS Row
170x10x3

BB Curls/Pullovers
85x10x3/55x10x3

Rolling DB Ex/DB Curls (simultaneous)
35x10x3/35x10x3

Pullaparts (monster mini)
15x3

I just wasn't feeling it today. I didn't feel bad or anything, but I wasn't really able to lock in today on anything. On a positive note, the shoulder is continuing to feel better and my mobility is increasing each day.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's awesome the shoulder is getting better dude. Its about time. Hopefully it continues with that trend.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/26

Sumo
325x2x8

Hack Squats
225x10x4

Rolling Hypers/Hanging Leg Raises
BWx15x4/BWx15x4

I haven't felt well the past couple of days and my energy levels were quite low today. The lumbar was a little tight, but nothing too bad. My speed wasn't bad on the pulls and my main goal was to just get in some work and extra bloodflow.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
2/26

Sumo
325x2x8

Hack Squats
225x10x4

Rolling Hypers/Hanging Leg Raises
BWx15x4/BWx15x4

I haven't felt well the past couple of days and my energy levels were quite low today. The lumbar was a little tight, but nothing too bad. My speed wasn't bad on the pulls and my main goal was to just get in some work and extra bloodflow.
Looking steady and strong bro

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/28

Incline DB Press
85x10x3

HS Pronated Row
145x12x4

DB Pullovers/Prone Rear Fly
55x12x3/40x12x3

Hammer Curl/Side Laterals
45x12x2/30x12x2

I'm not quite sure what to say about this session. On one hand, I had some decent numbers and got in some good work, but something is still amiss in terms of intensity throughout the session. I haven't slept well all week and I know that is starting to take a toll along with not eating nearly enough on certain days . When my sleep pattern is messed up, my appetite tends to follow suit and not be up to par as well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/2

Squat (w/ 46 Ace Briefs and 54 Ace suit)
515x2
545x2x3

Walking DB Lunges/DB Shrugs
50x20x3/90x15x3

Rollouts/Planks
BWx10x2/30x2

I made some adjustments in technique and positioning for the squats and lunges today. I'm cramping horribly in my quads and I'm very, very tired so I obviously did something right.

I was also exposed to something called ELDOA, which is the work of Guy Voyer, by one of my training partners. I HIGHLY encourage everyone to look into his work as I'm already feeling better from just the small amount of techniques I've implemented.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/3

OHP
135x6
145x6x2
145x10

Meadows Row
90x10x3
115x10

Suspended BW Row/Pullaparts (monster mini)
BWx10x3/10x3

Cambered Curl/Tate Press
85x12x3/40x12x3

I incorporated more ELDOA and reviewed some of the nuances in technique of the various stretches I was doing. It's not 100% reduced, but the compression in my spine has been reduced significantly. Not surprisingly, I had a really good day today. I backed off on weight on the OHP and got in more volume on the lift as I was also seeking to really "pop" my traps at the top of the lift and keep increasing my scapular mobility. I'm slowly turning the corner to the point where I can bench again.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I saw some vids pop up in my YouTube feed. Looks like you came a long way since the injury. Awesome stuff.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw some vids pop up in my YouTube feed. Looks like you came a long way since the injury. Awesome stuff.
I was hitting some very nice squat and deadlift numbers. I was able to successfully pull 15# more than in last vid as well. My concern now is that I may have peaked prematurely (go ahead, fellas) as I didn't take enough time to ramp down after those lifts. I was basically training with the crew and they had a meet on 6/1 and then I jumped straight back into meet training.

I'm making some adjustments this week to see if another easy week will give my body enough rest to get my pop back. One thing I've already noticed is my sleep quality has been a lot better the last few days. That and I'm making a point to pound the calories.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/2

Sumo
470x2
510x2x2
510x3

Unilateral Hypers/Band Pallof (light)
BW+25x12x3/12x12

Unilateral LP
270x15x3

Got some good work in today. Found a smooth groove on sumo and pulled until I hit a weight that was about an 8 or so on the RPE scale. Easily could've done 3-4 more on the final set, but stayed on the low end of the volume scale. Doing the Pallof and unilateral Hypers have really helped to strengthen and loosen both my QL and my psoas.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to start doing the Pallof press again. Been a while.

Good work man

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7/4
Bench (2 boards)
365x3
405x2
435x2
455x2
475x1

Meadows Row
90x15x3

Facepulls/Rear Laterals
70x12x3/30x15x3

Felt good and got in some good work. I was able to get my liftoff cadence pretty much fixed and good positioning as a result.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pushin some heavy weight man good job. Very impressive

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After this meet in August, I might be moving up a weight class for about 9 months or so. The reason is simple: I just found out my wife is pregnant and I agreed to get fat with her.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations, man. Happy for you guys. It's a blast.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congrats in the expected little one, or ones lol. Pregnancy bulk is where it is at.

Very nice bench, too. Is that 475 higher than before you left this log? Or did I just forget your bench was that high?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome stuff on the 475 bench! Perhaps you're not as blown out as you thought. Congrats on the incoming baby, and as a member, I say welcome to the 242s!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats in the expected little one, or ones lol. Pregnancy bulk is where it is at. Very nice bench, too. Is that 475 higher than before you left this log? Or did I just forget your bench was that high?
They were two boards so not as impressive. Bench is slowly getting back to where it was last Fall.

Awesome stuff on the 475 bench! Perhaps you're not as blown out as you thought. Congrats on the incoming baby, and as a member, I say welcome to the 242s!
My big issue had been the handoff as the old guy who did it is gone for awhile. The 475 went a little bad and it was a little muscled up, but the others had good speed.

I'm affectionately referring to the pregnancy as my 9 month raw phase.