485x2
425x3x2

Front Squat
145x5x3

Walking DB Lunges
50x20x2

Uni Hyper/Standing Band Crunch (avg)/Planks
BWx12x4/15x4/30x4

Kicking up both the volume and weight now. I'm not too concerned with weight right now as much as I am speed and technique. Small adjustments in stance width and finally figuring out my primary cue: foot pressure. I have no problems sitting back or knees out, but I was getting inconsistent with spreading the floor.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
1/26

Squat (w/ 46 Ace)
425x3x2
455x2
485x2
425x3x2

Front Squat
145x5x3

Walking DB Lunges
50x20x2

Uni Hyper/Standing Band Crunch (avg)/Planks
BWx12x4/15x4/30x4

Kicking up both the volume and weight now. I'm not too concerned with weight right now as much as I am speed and technique. Small adjustments in stance width and finally figuring out my primary cue: foot pressure. I have no problems sitting back or knees out, but I was getting inconsistent with spreading the floor.
Nice work, man. I like the fact that you're focusing on speed and technique rather than weight (those are still solid numbers though). When you say foot pressure, are you referring to screwing feet/toes into the ground?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work, man. I like the fact that you're focusing on speed and technique rather than weight (those are still solid numbers though). When you say foot pressure, are you referring to screwing feet/toes into the ground?
It's that only on my unrack. After that, I push my weight onto the outside of my shoes to engage my hips better.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/28

OHP
160x7
140x10

DB Rows
120x12x3

2 Board Press
185x8x3

Cambered Curls/Tate Press/Pullapart Series (mini)
95x10x3/45x10x3/10x3

OHP felt really good today, but DB rows and 2-board weren't nearly as smooth. Lower back didn't feel great and neither did the AC joint. At this point, I'm frustrated and unsure how to proceed. Continuing to train is definitely slowing the healing, but I really don't want to completely take time off from training.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel your pain. It's always hit or miss with the pain.

Are you pressing twice a week?

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
1/28

OHP
160x7
140x10

DB Rows
120x12x3

2 Board Press
185x8x3

Cambered Curls/Tate Press/Pullapart Series (mini)
95x10x3/45x10x3/10x3

OHP felt really good today, but DB rows and 2-board weren't nearly as smooth. Lower back didn't feel great and neither did the AC joint. At this point, I'm frustrated and unsure how to proceed. Continuing to train is definitely slowing the healing, but I really don't want to completely take time off from training.
I understand your dilemma. Just train around it. You seem to be doing fine.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You just got back into bigger weight very quick. Maybe take a Bell approach; go heavy every other week. Momentarily. I dunno, just trying to help out man. Your obviously very cerebral and know what's going on with yourself.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel your pain. It's always hit or miss with the pain. Are you pressing twice a week?
Overhead and incline mainly. I've benched once since December and can't do dips comfortably even at BW. There's some adhesions in the right trap, which is the side of my AC strain, but nothing immense. I have been working out more junk in my biceps and lats than usual and it's helped with mobility, but not sped up healing.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Overhead and incline mainly. I've benched once since December and can't do dips comfortably even at BW. There's some adhesions in the right trap, which is the side of my AC strain, but nothing immense. I have been working out more junk in my biceps and lats than usual and it's helped with mobility, but not sped up healing.
I just hadn't noticed if it was 1 or 2 times a week. What if you knock it down to once a week and spend the rest of the week rehabbing and letting the imflammation decrease? If you find a miracle trick, let my ass know too.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just hadn't noticed if it was 1 or 2 times a week. What if you knock it down to once a week and spend the rest of the week rehabbing and letting the imflammation decrease? If you find a miracle trick, let my ass know too.
I took last Friday completely off. I know that one of the main things is that I sleep on my right shoulder. Unfortunately, it's the only way I can really get comfortable.

There's not much tangible inflammation in the joint itself. Something is out of place in some form or fashion as I'm breaking PRs on presses in different planes of movement. I suppose I could try some light DB presses just for bloodflow and lengthening the muscle again.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/29

Sumo (+80# chain) (w/ 54 Ace suit)
325x2x7

DB BSS
50x6x3

Uni Hypers/Band Pallof Press (light)
BW+25x8x3/10x3

I put on my Ace suit for ****s and giggles to make sure it fit and to see how it felt with pulls. Obviously, it's nowhere near max weight, but the speed was great on each rep and I have 0 doubt I'll be pulling 600 by the end of the year.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guess I should let the cat out of the bag now. I'll be planting some new roots in June in Dallas after living in central Texas since 1996. There's still plenty of time to get all the details ironed out, but I'll be having to find a new gym once I move.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sucks you'll be leaving your crew. I'm sure there will be a good gym around though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sucks you'll be leaving your crew. I'm sure there will be a good gym around though.
I checked PL watch and there's a good amount of gyms in the area, but I need to figure out exactly where I'll be living first.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I checked PL watch and there's a good amount of gyms in the area, but I need to figure out exactly where I'll be living first.
Ahh gotcha. I suposse that's more important lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing of real merit today. Tried to get in some benching, but still discomfort with just 135. Did some mid trap and rear delt work along with extra thoracic mobility. I finally bought some better pillows as well that should help me to sleep on my back.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/3 Lower

Squat
Worked up to 335x3

SLDL
225x10
275x10x2

Uni LP
270x15x4

Uni Hypers/Band Sits (mini)/Donkey Calf Raises
BWx10/15s/340x15
BWx10/15s/340x15
BWx10/15s/340x15-drop-200x15

I was stiff and tired this day and decided to get in some light raw work and not gear up. First time I've hit 3 plates raw since my back injuries, which was enough of a win for me that day.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Winning.

I may give the uni hypers a go this week. And **** those band sits. Those suck hard.

napalm

napalm

Awards
the piling on of plates will commence shortly...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had to skip yesterday as I felt awful.

2/5

Sumo (w/ 46 Ace)+80# chain
315x2x2
375x2x7

DB BSS
50x8x4

GM
145x10x4

Ab Wheel/Band Sits (mini)
BWx8x3/15x3

Not shockingly, my sumo is the first thing to hit its stride. There were some small technical errors that I fixed (mainly keeping the bar closer to my body) and I am getting my speed almost where I was pre-meet. I've thought about doing just a pull meet for S&G, but I doubt it since I have so many things that I need to fix.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/9

Squat (w/ 46 Ace and Metal Silver wraps)
475x3x3
515x1
515x2

Hack Squat
225x10
315x6x3

Walking DB Lunges
40x12x3

Uni Hypers/Pallof Press/Donkey Calf Raises
BWx10x3/10x3/360x10x3

First time I've had 500+ on my back in months and they looked and felt great. Still need some more practice with the unracks and the squat bar that we have since it's thicker, but that'll come with repetition. I'm approaching these much like I would with benching: I'll worry about depth later and build up my strength at the top end. Much like touching, I've found that hitting depth every week just tears down my body and CNS too quickly. I don't cut them super high (2" at the most), though, as that would just be counter productive.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depth was pretty damn close anyways.

Did you ever go back to the chiro for your hip?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depth was pretty damn close anyways.

Did you ever go back to the chiro for your hip?
I've gone back a few times since then for adjustments, but I found what my issue was with my hip: it was my core. When I properly elongate my lower into the proper position, it takes 100% of the stress off of my back and hips.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've gone back a few times since then for adjustments, but I found what my issue was with my hip: it was my core. When I properly elongate my lower into the proper position, it takes 100% of the stress off of my back and hips.
Hot damn. That's what I was told at Cressey Perf, too. Sounds good man.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hot damn. That's what I was told at Cressey Perf, too. Sounds good man.
I've been trying to keep high rib positioning and anteriorly tilt my core while walking, sitting, lifting, etc. Looks like more ab wheel for me in the future.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Interesting, what do you mean elongate your core?

Nice squatting Ryan...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/10

OHP
140x8x3

Pendlay Rows
185x6x3

HS Rows
190x8x3

Rolling DB Ex/Seated DB Cleans
35x10x3/15x10x3

Band Facepulls/Hammer Curls
15x3/50x10x3

I had to train today since I have a tattoo appt tomorrow. I went with higher volume and less weight on the OHP and extra lat work to strength the area more. I feel like I've lost a lot of trap/mid-back strength over the past few months. I can't retract as hard and I don't feel like my "shelf" is as stable.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Subbed for the learnz

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First Rib mobilization is a go. I used a PVC against the pole with a sock at the end. It's definetly tight as ****. I can raise my arm overhead easier.

Edit: against the wall, not pole