Joint Problems? Some Suggestions/Opinions Please

HDLowrider

Awards
Not sure if this is the right board for this but here goes. And if any of the mods think another board would be more appropriate for this feel free to move it where you want. Just don't kill the new guy for putting it in the wrong place. :)

I don't know if anyone else out there has this problem but I have light to moderate bursitis/arthritis in my shoulders and elbows. Little in the hips and knees. This has definitly thrown a curve into my workout program. I've been taking glucosimine and flax seed oil as well as CM+ for the joints and it seems to have helped but not as much as I would like. Other then cortisone (sp?) shots, does anyone have any secret remidies to get rid of the pain? Or have any other OTC meds that have helped them?

Another issue this brings up is the poundage I can work with. I know that I can't lift as heavy as I should to see the gains I'd like because of the pain and fear of aggrivating the problem or worse, injury if my shoulders give out or my elbows colapse in the middle of a bench or something like that. So the question is...what about working with lighter weights but more seta & reps? I know this is more for endurance rather then mass but has anyone out there tried this? What kind of results did you get?

Of course any other recommendations to get around this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Smoky

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have no exisiting condition like you at this point in my life, but I do have my injuries, wear and tear as it were. Cissus Rx has proven to provide great result for me. To me is was worth a shot just based on anecdotals within this board. I also switched from all barbell movements to DB which I found it easier to work around with out worsening and allowing it to heal. Like you the other supps Gluc/Chron/MSM just weren't getting it. Cissus did the job, took about 1 1/2 bottles to get where I feel now. There are some logs on mega dosing it as well. I have been runnig 6 cap ED at this point. One would have to stock up to mega dose for any decent length of time. There are anabolic effects claimed at high dosages as well. Can't say I detect any at this point.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can only echo what Smoky said, Cissus has been a wonder drug for my shoulder, elbows, and knees, it took about 3 weeks to notice the effects, now I have just a little pain still in my left shoulder but it gets better all the time, go light weights and high reps for a month will aid the healing process, good luck and welcome to the board..........

HDLowrider

Awards
Thanks for the info on Cissus guys. I'll probably give it a shot. I'll also do a search and read through the logs. Only problem I can see with it off the top of my head is that since my problem isn't an injury I'd probably have to be on it for the rest of my life. Or at least until I gave up lifting when I'm about 90. :)