Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apparently he has passed away for those unaware. I will be praying for his family during this difficult time.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WOW. I knew he had some health issues/scares but never would've expected this. He will be sorely missed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Pulmonary embolism in his sleep. His family woke up and found him passed away.
Absolutely devastating.
i agree it is devastating for his family and i hope they get many prayers and blessings....

at the same time as a older guy i couldn't think of many better ways to go!!!

i hope no one is offended by my remark, it wasn't meant to be offensive in any way.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Noooo wayy.....wtf

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WOW! that's sad and he seemed like such a down to earth guy who was passionate
training and helping others. He will be deeply missed by many and my heart goes out
to his family.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I've been following him for the last couple years, bought a couple of his programs and I love his Granite Recovery

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Just another reminder that no one is promised tomorrow...stay in the moment and love your families.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m literally speechless. Dude left behind his two sons and wife along with his business . He will go down as a legend and all of his knowledge will still spread. Heartbreaking . God bless and in my prayers

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i agree it is devastating for his family and i hope they get many prayers and blessings....

at the same time as a older guy i couldn't think of many better ways to go!!!

i hope no one is offended by my remark, it wasn't meant to be offensive in any way.
I agree . Going in your sleep or sacrificing yourself for something good would be my two options

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely sad to see him go :(

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sad news, I use to read and use many of his training programs & exercises.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is a tragic loss. His passion for helping others was clear to see in all of his videos. I think his greatest success was how he treated his family. We got to meet his wife and son through his videos and it was awesome seeing him include them.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This hurts on so many levels. I have learned so much from his YouTube channel. But those videos will live on forever. I hurt more for the wonderful family he left behind, who might not have had the opportunity to tell him how much they loved him. What a gut punch. He was a outstanding human being.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Met him at the Arnold shortly after he had won the show he finally turned Pro. We were both coming out of the bathroom and he was in only his posing trunks looking like an absolute unit, exhausted from competing, and he was just the coolest guy when I stopped him to congratulate him. He genuinely cared about his fans, and he was so humble. I’ll always remember that.

John seemed like the kind of family man I always have aspired to be. And someone who was the definition of perseverance in his passions. He was truly blessed. I really feel for his family.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Met him at the Arnold shortly after he had won the show he finally turned Pro. We were both coming out of the bathroom and he was in only his posing trunks looking like an absolute unit, exhausted from competing, and he was just the coolest guy when I stopped him to congratulate him. He genuinely cared about his fans, and he was so humble. I’ll always remember that.

John seemed like the kind of family man I always have aspired to be. And someone who was the definition of perseverance in his passions. He was truly blessed. I really feel for his family.
always nice to meet people who have obtained success in life, and yet still retain at least a touch of humility.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is a tragic loss. His passion for helping others was clear to see in all of his videos. I think his greatest success was how he treated his family. We got to meet his wife and son through his videos and it was awesome seeing him include them.
Agreed. I like that he randomly included his son’s yo-yo tricks. You could tell he was proud and supportive of his interests. Good dad stuff right there.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Edit: Don't want to derail.

John Meadows was the man. RIP

Last edited:
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'll just keep buying his products and workout programs.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed. I like that he randomly included his son’s yo-yo tricks. You could tell he was proud and supportive of his interests. Good dad stuff right there.
Mmmmm I will miss that part. I still yoyo because of his son !

Experimenter

Experimenter

Awards
Unbelievably so sad about this.
We lost one of the best human beings on earth this past Sunday. Moreso than his tremendous contributions to the iron community, his kindness, respect, humility, encouragements, helpfulness, and friendship is just....hard to repeat....or find.

Condolences to his family and close friends. To Mary, Jonathan, Alexander, Fouad, Dave.....and so many others...., we all have you in our hearts and minds.

To John, thank you from all of us. Rest in Peace.