ItalOne’s Veggie Recomp

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for the late sub! that feroce shoulder training video helped me really put some shape on my delts. Probably watched it a dozen times. Still cant believe your doing this vegetarian. Heard a lot of guys preach it but your one of the very few I've seen able to kick some serious a$$ doing it! Good sh!t

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dana Linn Bailey claims vegan I believe and she’s got a lot of muscle, but she claims natty too so not sure how true it is. It can definitely be done these days not just with supplements but food products that weren’t available 20 years ago. It wouldn’t be the easiest or cheapest but it’s totally possible. All of my kilo powders of bcaa and glutamine are plant based.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Dana Linn Bailey claims vegan I believe and she’s got a lot of muscle, but she claims natty too so not sure how true it is. It can definitely be done these days not just with supplements but food products that weren’t available 20 years ago. It wouldn’t be the easiest or cheapest but it’s totally possible. All of my kilo powders of bcaa and glutamine are plant based.
Being vegan can be very difficult and it takes a lot of discipline. I learned a ton about nutrition and became obsessed with learning about complete and incomplete protein sources. I was a carb monster and my protein sources were not always the healthiest. Now that dairy and eggs are back in the diet, it’s a whole new ball game! I am happy what I accomplished and learned, Though I’m much happy being vegetarian, and yes it’s cheaper.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
In for the late sub! that feroce shoulder training video helped me really put some shape on my delts. Probably watched it a dozen times. Still cant believe your doing this vegetarian. Heard a lot of guys preach it but your one of the very few I've seen able to kick some serious a$$ doing it! Good sh!t
Hell yeah man, glad to have you following!
Dude that shoulder workout is going to be a staple on my hypertrophy days. It’s a bit unorthodox but I can tell it’s going to be effective.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Being vegan can be very difficult and it takes a lot of discipline. I learned a ton about nutrition and became obsessed with learning about complete and incomplete protein sources. I was a carb monster and my protein sources were not always the healthiest. Now that dairy and eggs are back in the diet, it’s a whole new ball game! I am happy what I accomplished and learned, Though I’m much happy being vegetarian, and yes it’s cheaper.
Nice. I’m gonna go back and read your diet. I’m interested in the sustainability aspect also and tbh I’m sick of chicken all day every day. I never get sick of egg whites and whey isolate like I do with meat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I like Seth's content and ideas regarding shoulders specifically. Well I like his content regardless but his shoulder stuff is on point! I could be okay with being vegetarian i believe or living like one most of the time. I would still have to pepper in a steak or some good grilled meat here and there because well they are awesome and I am an omnivore by nature. So no need to fight it. However that being the case i am still sure that vegetation was a much larger part of the plate at least when you had to hunt for food. So would like to get that action increased on my end.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So tomorrow I’ll finally be starting my blast. I figured I would benefit a lot by doing a mini de load and haven’t lifted any weights in five days. Shoulder and elbow tendinitis is better.

DIET AND MACROS

Breakfast - (44.5g) Pro - 372 cals
1/2-cup egg whites
2 - whole brown eggs
3/4 cup beyond sausage crumbles
Sautéed Mushrooms and Jalapeños
———————————————————-
Power Shake - (55.5g) Pro - 525 cals
1 - cup silk almond/cashew milk w/protein
1 1/2 - scoop isolate
1/2 - banana
2 - tablespoons of almond butter
————————————————————
Lunch - (44g) Pro - 529 cals
1/2- package Gardien CHxN strips
3/4 - Cup garlic sautéed kale
1/2 - Cup garbanzo beans
1/2 - Cup boiled red lentils
————————————————————-
Pre Workout- (31g) Pro - 440 cals
1- Oikos Triple zero yogurt
3-Tablespoons hemp seeds
1/4 - Cup bear naked granola
————————————————————-
Same Post workout power shake
(55.5g) Pro - 525 cals
————————————————————
Dinner - Same as breakfast
W/ 1- chia/quinoa tortilla
(49.5g) Pro - 392 cals
————————————————————-
Snack - Spicy garlic Chile Edamame
(14g) Pro - 147 cals
———————————————————-
Sleep recovery fuel - (39g) Pro - 200 cals
1 scoop of casien
1/2 - cup low fat cottage cheese
————————————————————-
TOTALS
Calories- (3130)
Protein- (330g)
Carbs - (209g)
Fat - (125g)
Saturated - (14g)
Sugar - (59g)
Fiber - (60g)
Cholesterols - (664g)

Everything and anything is open to criticism!
I value everyone’s opinion. I’m honestly thinking this may be a bit too many calories too recomp on. Then again this really doesn’t include my activity and daily cardio either.

For my program I will be running a variation of the Phat 6 while burning 300-400 cals worth cardio every workout. I would like to build up to burning 500 cals.

My Injection schedule is going to be simple. Only 2 injections for most of the cycle, Mon and Fri, until Tren enters the game, then one additional day.
On your proposed gear and snowboarding/training schedule, I think your calories will be fine. Macros look absolutely perfect. I’ve made the mistake in the past of not hanging enough fats when I drop below 250carbs. You’ll need a refeed even I bet. I got super weak on back day Wednesday and couldn’t hold my grip on rack pulls, pulldowns, anything. And my grip never fails it’s the one thing I’ve always had. And then the next day I was run down af. I decided I needed a whole day of carbs and put down 550 that day. My body needed it I was certain. With how active you are maybe 2-4 times a month just give it some carbs. I dunno, I’m still always learning about diet.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think a lot of people really underestimate the caloric demands of a back day. Chest and shoulders are bitches compared to a back workout. No doubt a hard back day will ruin you. A hard chest or shoulder day... nah... just sore. Tiny group of muscles compared to the back. Plus a yoked back is what gives that powerful look even on thinner guys.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
On your proposed gear and snowboarding/training schedule, I think your calories will be fine. Macros look absolutely perfect. I’ve made the mistake in the past of not hanging enough fats when I drop below 250carbs. You’ll need a refeed even I bet. I got super weak on back day Wednesday and couldn’t hold my grip on rack pulls, pulldowns, anything. And my grip never fails it’s the one thing I’ve always had. And then the next day I was run down af. I decided I needed a whole day of carbs and put down 550 that day. My body needed it I was certain. With how active you are maybe 2-4 times a month just give it some carbs. I dunno, I’m still always learning about diet.
It’s snowed 8 inches here yesterday, and they have been blowing snow for a couple weeks so I’m really excited. Thanks for taking the time to check out my macros. I value your opinion, and to quote something you said in your thread “trust the process”. I am going to stay consistent as possible. I am sure I will need to tweak things a little at some point. What do you think about the stack?

I am looking for slow keep able gains with this run. I normally don’t like to go with less weight and high reps 15-20, but I’m going to follow through with the program.

Last edited:
ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Yeah I like Seth's content and ideas regarding shoulders specifically. Well I like his content regardless but his shoulder stuff is on point! I could be okay with being vegetarian i believe or living like one most of the time. I would still have to pepper in a steak or some good grilled meat here and there because well they are awesome and I am an omnivore by nature. So no need to fight it. However that being the case i am still sure that vegetation was a much larger part of the plate at least when you had to hunt for food. So would like to get that action increased on my end.
Yeah man like I said I really enjoyed Seth’s shoulder workout. It’s definitely going to be a part of my program. Man I ate everything for 38 years, EVERYTHING!! I was never the type of vegan/vegetarian to judge others. I did it all because I needed a lifestyle change. I experienced a lot of deaths in my family within a couple years., dealing with a crazy girlfriend and a life long substance abuse problem. Traveling and Buddhism became a huge part of my life!

Last edited:
ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Day #5

Tbol 50mg
Var 50mg

Lower body hypertrophy day

Squats -explosive/slow decent
6 sets 3 X 140

Hack squats
3 sets 15 X 240

Romanian dead lift
3 sets 12 X 160/180/200

Seated leg presses
3 sets 20 X 260

Leg extensions
5 sets 15 X 100/120/140/160/180

Seated calf raises
5 sets 15 X 70

Standing calf raises
3 sets 15 X 240/260/280

Lying leg curls
5 sets 12 X 120

Cool Down 15 minutes on elliptical
Calories burned 160 - goal 300 🥺

My legs felt pretty fried after this workout so the elliptical wasn’t fun. I feel like my muscles are beginning to have a hardening effect and vascularity is up in my legs and a little bit in my arms. I am definitely eating less carbs then I was pre cycle so maybe I’m dropping a little water.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Starting to look like we might be having an OG Colorado winter again! So ready...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s snowed 8 inches here yesterday, and they have been blowing snow for a couple weeks so I’m really excited. Thanks for taking the time to check out my macros. I value your opinion, and to quote something you said in your thread “trust the process”. I am going to stay consistent as possible. I am sure I will need to tweak things a little at some point. What do you think about the stack?

I am looking for slow keep able gains with this run. I normally don’t like to go with less weight and high reps 15-20, but I’m going to follow through with the program.
Best year of my life was living in Denver and waiting for a day off when the weather changed, drive up to Breckinridge, or Copper mountain, or Keystone if we wanted to catch some night runs. Jealous right now.
Your stack is stellar. You choose drugs that show you’ve got plenty of experience. Slower, more realistic, solid gains. I like Cardarine intermittently and I’m about to buy more since I’ve been doing it that way last 9 weeks.
I’m really considering adding EQ this week too.
Everything looks good brother.

Just gonna sit back and watch this impressive recomp!

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Day #6

Tbol 50mg
Var 50mg

Chest and arms hypertrophy day
Speed sets 30 second rest

Flat dumbbell press
6 sets 5 X 65

Incline dumbell press
5 sets 15 X 55

Hammer strength chest press
5 sets 20 X 120

Cable flys
5 Sets 20 X 30 each arm

Seated preacher Cambered bar
5 sets 15 X 95

Seat incline overhead extension
Cambered bar
3 sets 12 X 95

Seated incline reverse grip chest press
Cambered bar ( hits inside pecs)
5 Sets 20 X 95

Seated incline dumbbell bicep curl
5 Sets 15 X 35

Seated incline dumbbell hammer curl
3 Sets 15 X 35

tricep rope push downs
3 Sets 20 X 42.5

One arm tricep cable pushed down
3 Sets 15 X 10

Long barbell bicep curls
3 Sets 10 X 105

Duel cable bicep curls
3 sets 20 X 35

Cable tricep kick backs
3 Sets 12 X 10

Cool Down on elliptical
Calories burned 115
Again short of my goal of 300
Cardio is becoming difficult to perform every workout. I might have to adjust or add the cardarine soon.

Insane amount of volume!! Since its week #1 and I have 16 weeks to go, I am going with moderately light weight right now. I am going to approach the strength increases slow and with caution. It’s going to be a long run, and I want to stay healthy not just for the cycle but for snowboarding as well. As I said yesterday vascularity is on the rise. The only real side so far in minor insomnia and I’m pissing a lot.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You look beastly already! Cycle looks wicked! In for the ride!

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Day #7 Off Day

Tbol 50mg
Var 50mg
So today is my only off day from work as well as the gym.

It’s been a couple ruff day’s, I found out one my oldest friends committed suicide. Kinda just torn between feeling sad and pissed! 😞😤 It was a good day to lay low

I haven’t had any alcohol in 8 days so that’s making me feel better. I noticed a serious pump as I was closing the bar last night and I had a great pump this morning in the bed as well! 😲 Anyway just trying to stay positive!
My girlfriend made me breakfast and we watched my team the Eagles lose to the Vikings. SUCKS!!

After the game we took the dog to the park. My girl commented on my legs being veiny, lol they were kinda vascular just from walking a few blocks.
D4DB9AF5-973E-46DC-9B8B-E60507EC3135.jpeg

Overall cycle wise I feel great and I already can’t wait to hit the gym next week.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah man like I said I really enjoyed Seth’s shoulder workout. It’s definitely going to be a part of my program. Man I ate everything for 38 years, EVERYTHING!! I was never the type of vegan/vegetarian to judge others. I did it all because I needed a lifestyle change. I experienced a lot of deaths in my family within a couple years., dealing with a crazy girlfriend and a life long substance abuse problem. Traveling and Buddhism became a huge part of my life!
Not to derail your log thread too much here but with the major 360 change it seems like you took on your outlook of life and subsequently your nutrition what major benefit did you find on the nutrition/vegetarian front vs. standard eating for lack of a better term? Having been on both sides of the fence and showing these amazing results on the vegetarian front as far as training I am curious for curiosities sake :)

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Not to derail your log thread too much here but with the major 360 change it seems like you took on your outlook of life and subsequently your nutrition what major benefit did you find on the nutrition/vegetarian front vs. standard eating for lack of a better term? Having been on both sides of the fence and showing these amazing results on the vegetarian front as far as training I am curious for curiosities sake :)
Thanks for checking out my log man. You not crashing nothing! Your more then welcome to ask as many questions as you would like.

I felt like if I didn’t change something I was probably going to die! All the drugs, drinking and smoking coupled with a poor diet and a family history of heart disease. Then the all depression that comes with that lifestyle.

Changing my diet gave me direction and discipline. Which in turn had a direct correlation with motivation, fitness and working out consistently. The change wasn’t a cure all and I still have to fight off the cravings of getting LIT to this day.

What I think your really asking is does my diet make me happier and give me more energy and strength to workout harder. I honestly don’t know? I think it’s definitely helping, and
It did create a higher level of consciousness that I didn’t have before.

Last edited:

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks great bro. Congrats on sobriety. I had my issues as well an it runs in my family. I also was up to 400lbs before getting back into the iron game so it can be a lifesaver.

You were not kidding i was running eq low. I like your run. I might just try that.

How often are you pinning the injections?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This hobby is the second most critical part of my sobriety. A big part of why I come on here and encourage my bros, sometimes vent, or listen, or just give opinions. It works like a charm for me, as weird as that might be.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
This hobby is the second most critical part of my sobriety. A big part of why I come on here and encourage my bros, sometimes vent, or listen, or just give opinions. It works like a charm for me, as weird as that might be.
I agree coming on to the boards is like a form of therapy. If you don’t mind me asking what “most”critical part of your sobriety?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree coming on to the boards is like a form of therapy. If you don’t mind me asking what “most”critical part of your sobriety?
Selflessness. Took me years to get that part and it does not come naturally to most. Definitely doesn’t come naturally to me.
It’s still a daily effort but it keeps me sober every day. If I’m too busy doing for those around me that choose to be around me, I’m usually too busy to go back to my poison.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Seriously vascular legs!

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Selflessness. Took me years to get that part and it does not come naturally to most. Definitely doesn’t come naturally to me.
It’s still a daily effort but it keeps me sober every day. If I’m too busy doing for those around me that choose to be around me, I’m usually too busy to go back to my poison.
I like what your saying my man! I think everyone had good in them. Though it’s more how you perceive it and are able to channel it.
Good stuff! 🙏

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Day #8

Test E @ 240mg
EQ @ 300mg
Tbol 50mg
Var 50mg

Upper body power day
Flat barbell bench press
3 sets 5 X 260

Flat Dumbbell chest press
2 sets 5 X 85
3 sets. 5 X 100

Seated Dumbbell shoulder press
2 sets 8 X 65
3 sets 8 X 75

Weighted pull ups - 15 lb kettle bell
5 sets X 8

Weighted chest dips- 40 lb kettle bell
5 sets X 12

Incline dumbbell chest press
5 sets 8 X 75

Seated preacher curl cambered bar
5 Sets 10 X 90

Dumbell pull overs
3 sets 10 X 75

Barbell pendelay rows
5 sets 5 X 185

Standing barbell over head press
3 sets 8 X 115

Standing barbell bicep curls
5 sets 8 X 95

Supported dumbbell kickbacks
3 sets 12 X 30

Wow, had a awesome workout! I am still trying to get the volume down on power days. I think that will come as strength rises. Speaking of which nothing dramatic yet. Endurance and recovery already seem enhanced. I am surprised how quick these orals kicked in. Vascularity is coming on fast and I’m already seeing striations on my chest and shoulders. Lol, but abs still look soft! So I think I’m putting on some size not so much weight. Kinda my goal any way!

Cool down 25 minutes on elliptical
Hill climb mode - calories burned - 327
Hit my goal! 😀

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Big boy DB #s there.
My goal is to get my incline DB back to 105x5. I do so much incline when I drop down and go to flat I’m baffled how strong I get.
Do you do your military at the full 90?
I never do, since I like to catch a little upper chest too with military but did full 90 last night. Holy chit I had to take 25lbs off each dumbbell, It made a huge difference with Delts being smashed today too.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Big boy DB #s there.
My goal is to get my incline DB back to 105x5. I do so much incline when I drop down and go to flat I’m baffled how strong I get.
Do you do your military at the full 90?
I never do, since I like to catch a little upper chest too with military but did full 90 last night. Holy chit I had to take 25lbs off each dumbbell, It made a huge difference with Delts being smashed today too.
Yeah PR on flat dumbbell chest press is 125,
My current gyms dumbbells only go 100. Should hopefully be hitting them for high reps in the near future. There’s one pair of old school 110’s the kind that are 2 feet long. Lol, Nobody messes with them! No I don’t do military’s 90 degrees either. I prefer to do them as you said, slight incline and it’s also easier to get them up as well.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Day #9

Tbol 50mg
Var 50mg

Warm up on Elliptical for 20 minutes
Calories burned 180

Lower body power day

Sumo dead lift
3 Sets 5 X 260

Explosive squats/Slow decent
5 sets 3 X 190

Plated leg press
2 sets 8 X 14 plates
3 sets 5 X 18 plates

Standing calf raise machine
3 sets 8 X 330

Leg extensions
2 sets 8 X 190
3 sets 8 X 220

lying leg curls
3 sets 8 X 130

Seated calf raises
3 sets 12 X 90

Seated leg press
5 sets 5 X 330

Then I did a variation of random exercises I probably shouldn’t have been doing.

weighted pull ups
Decline pushups
V bar tricep push downs
Multiple variation cable pulls
Crunches

Cool down on elliptical 10 minutes
Calories burned 55 not feeling it!!
Total calories burned 235

I have not weighed myself once since I started. I honestly could care less.

Last edited:

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have not weighed myself once since I started. I honestly could care less.
I tell people not to worry about their weight all the time. I don’t know why so many people get so caught up with it. Like, what are you gonna do, carry around a scale so you can show people how light you’ve gotten? (Or gained, as the case may be).

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I tell people not to worry about their weight all the time. I don’t know why so many people get so caught up with it. Like, what are you gonna do, carry around a scale so you can show people how light you’ve gotten? (Or gained, as the case may be).
I’ll take how I look now at a lean 225 than the sloppy fat ass 250 I bulked to. Look bigger anyhow.
The scale provides so little for the bodybuilder

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I’ll take how I look now at a lean 225 than the sloppy fat ass 250 I bulked to. Look bigger anyhow.
The scale provides so little for the bodybuilder
The only thing it’s good for is to separate weight divisions between competitors. At the end of the day it’s how you look, not how much you weigh. I am one of those that look heavier then I weigh. One of my best friends is slightly shorter then me, skinny fat and all around looks much smaller then me. Though he weighs more. He’s genetically got big hips and thick calves 34 inch waist. Where I have a 29 inch waist and every last drop of fat I carry is in the lower abs and back. That’s what happens when your in your late 40’s.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Day #10
Tbol 50mg
Var 50mg

OFF Day

I unexpectedly had to work both of my jobs today so it’s a for real off day. 🙁 I was kinda looking forward to doing some stretching and cardio, oh well? Still no sides except my old ass having to get up to piss a lot in the middle of the night. Which is causing slight insomnia as well. I already started popping melatonin, and I already know I won’t be sleeping for sh!t the 7 weeks that I flip too tren. Also working half the week until 3:30 am doesn’t help.😴 But I make the best out of it.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Late for the party but in,
Weeks - (6-12)
Test E @ 300mg a week
EQ @ 750 mg a week
Tren Ace @ 250-300 mg a week
Cardarine @ 20 mg Ed
Masochist...

On the more serious side, your delts are good. Did you do any special training for them while cruising?
Or do they simply respond well?

mine seem to respond from the gear itself, even 100mg test per week makes a very noticeable difference to my gains compared to natty. Before gear i did shoulder presses (standing) 2x per week (3-4 sets usually 5 reps) and laterals 2-3x per week (10-15 reps). They were flat as canvas.
Ohp was stalling on measly 60kg and laterlas were being done with 12.5kg.

Now even on just 100mg test plus hcg they are responding to shoulder press (standing) once a week (3 sets 5-6 reps) and laterals twice per week, but only one or two sets of laterlas (10-15 reps) lol. It is crazy.
And am actually getting stronger on the exercises. Up to 17.5kg dumbells on laterals and 80kg on standing ohp.

btw what are you talking about when you say this cycle isnt for big gains. That is friggin' gram of gear, even a little bit more for 4 months straight. Including test and tren.
I mean, how much higher can individual go without putting himself in grave danger (literally)?
You should make crazy progress.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah PR on flat dumbbell chest press is 125,
My current gyms dumbbells only go 100. Should hopefully be hitting them for high reps in the near future. There’s one pair of old school 110’s the kind that are 2 feet long. Lol, Nobody messes with them! No I don’t do military’s 90 degrees either. I prefer to do them as you said, slight incline and it’s also easier to get them up as well.
Other than those who use a full incline bench that actually prevents arching much I don't know anyone who does them at a full 90, at least not with high RPE weights. Even then most of those only actually go to 80 degrees. Most people think they do them at 90 but in those little shoulder press benches with the low back support only almost everyone arches their backs to about the equivalent of 60-70 degrees. Nothing wrong with it though, EMG shows that it pounds the delts from 45 degrees up. At 46 I set it to 60 and allow it to hit some of the clavicular pec and keep my shoulders in a healthy and safe position. I do lock my rib cage down at that level though to make sure i am not shifting focus to my pecs otherwise with an arch I might as well be doing a 45 degree bench.
btw what are you talking about when you say this cycle isnt for big gains. That is friggin' gram of gear, even a little bit more for 4 months straight. Including test and tren.
I mean, how much higher can individual go without putting himself in grave danger (literally)?
I think he is more referring to his diet and focus of not bulking but coming out with a lot less fat and more muscle. I am sure he will end up gaining some weight in the end though unless he decides to turn it into a full on cut.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Other than those who use a full incline bench that actually prevents arching much I don't know anyone who does them at a full 90, at least not with high RPE weights. Even then most of those only actually go to 80 degrees. Most people think they do them at 90 but in those little shoulder press benches with the low back support only almost everyone arches their backs to about the equivalent of 60-70 degrees. Nothing wrong with it though, EMG shows that it pounds the delts from 45 degrees up. At 46 I set it to 60 and allow it to hit some of the clavicular pec and keep my shoulders in a healthy and safe position. I do lock my rib cage down at that level though to make sure i am not shifting focus to my pecs otherwise with an arch I might as well be doing a 45 degree bench.

I think he is more referring to his diet and focus of not bulking but coming out with a lot less fat and more muscle. I am sure he will end up gaining some weight in the end though unless he decides to turn it into a full on cut.
Now you know someone who does them at full 90° :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Late for the party but in,

Masochist...

On the more serious side, your delts are good. Did you do any special training for them while cruising?
Or do they simply respond well?

mine seem to respond from the gear itself, even 100mg test per week makes a very noticeable difference to my gains compared to natty. Before gear i did shoulder presses (standing) 2x per week (3-4 sets usually 5 reps) and laterals 2-3x per week (10-15 reps). They were flat as canvas.
Ohp was stalling on measly 60kg and laterlas were being done with 12.5kg.

Now even on just 100mg test plus hcg they are responding to shoulder press (standing) once a week (3 sets 5-6 reps) and laterals twice per week, but only one or two sets of laterlas (10-15 reps) lol. It is crazy.
And am actually getting stronger on the exercises. Up to 17.5kg dumbells on laterals and 80kg on standing ohp.

Nothing out of the ordinary man. My diet was not on point and I was partying a lot!! Also I don’t cruise. I haven’t taken anything other then 180mg of Test for the last seven months. Cruising is when you extend a cycle with a higher then TRT dose of test and sometimes add orals. It’s more or less just another lighter cycle.

I am only 11 day’s into this blast and I show no signs of leaning out with my current macros. The var and Tbol should be fully kicked by next week. The EQ won’t have effects until the 6-8 week mark. So as of right now the 480mg of Test is the only drug that’s fully kicked in. None of the drugs I’m using or will be using are for mass or weight..

If I gain 5lbs by the end of this I’ll be happy!

Last edited:
ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established

Most people I see that go full 90 degrees with heavy weight compensate by slouching down and there lower backs are not even touching the bench. It looks silly, they are obviously trying to push to much weight, causing improper form.

Last edited:

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Most people I see that go full 90 degrees with heavy weight compensate by slouching down and there lower backs are not even touching the bench. It looks silly, they are obviously trying to push to much weight, causing improper form.
They might just do the flat instead.

but hey, that then turns into decline 😆

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nothing out of the ordinary man. My diet was not on point and I was and partying a lot!!
Damn at 47 you have more exciting life than me.

But gotta work on them projects man, if i dont then i am not happy about the way things are going down the line.

I dont party at all during most of the year, and then i do a lot over the summer at the seaside, for like a month it is intense (every few days almost till dawn hahaha).

And i also travel once a year, usually on the opposite side of summer somewhere peaceful and relaxing (i visit desolate places, cities arent my thing), to get away and break my schedule a bit, always come back more productive, just like when taking a week off from the gym!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do like to go 90 degrees when doing behind the head shoulder presses on the smith machine. Not with dumbbells though.
Shoulders are for sure my strongest asset pound for pound. Overhead pressing just fits in with that. 90° has always been my routine I guess. Anything less I call incline lol

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Shoulders are for sure my strongest asset pound for pound. Overhead pressing just fits in with that. 90° has always been my routine I guess. Anything less I call incline lol
I have troubles with that exercise. Too much snap action in the shoulder joint. Same with overhead barbell squats for some reason.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Now you know someone who does them at full 90° :)
I do like to go 90 degrees when doing behind the head shoulder presses on the smith machine. Not with dumbbells though.
Damn at 47 you have more exciting life than me.

But gotta work on them projects man, if i dont then i am not happy about the way things are going down the line.

I dont party at all during most of the year, and then i do a lot over the summer at the seaside, for like a month it is intense (every few days almost till dawn hahaha).

And i also travel once a year, usually on the opposite side of summer somewhere peaceful and relaxing (i visit desolate places, cities arent my thing), to get away and break my schedule a bit, always come back more productive, just like when taking a week off from the gym!
Hey man thanks for coming thru! A lot of people think my life is exciting and live thru my travels and photos. Honestly I’m that fuckt up kid from high school, that ended up doing alright but never grew up! Never married, no kids, and I’ve always had much younger girlfriends. I’ve never even been with a woman my age. I’ll be honest I do get jealous and envy the family life sometimes, and then I remember I’m scared of babies! If you read my whole log you’ll know I’m just trying to hold it together bro, it’s day 13 without a drink. Not that I’m a huge drinker anymore but it leads to bad decisions.

Anyway your life sounds just fine especially the summers in seaside. I did that growing up but we called it the shore. 🙂

Last edited:
ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Day #11
Test E @ 240mg
EQ @ 300mg
Tbol 50mg
Var 50mg

Shoulder and back hypertrophy day
Pendelay Row
6 sets 3 X 190

Supported One arm dumbbell rows
3 sets 8 X 65

Rack chins
5 sets X 10

Seated Cable rows
5 sets 12 X 140

Seated close grip cable pull downs
3 sets 12 X 140

Standing overhead barbell press
3 sets 8 X 110

Seated dumbbell shoulder press
5 Sets 8 X 65

Alternating Arnold press
3 Sets 8 X 50

After all this I really hit my shoulders with crazy volume as in Seths shoulder video.
Machine presses
Lateral plate lifts
Bent over lat raises
Front raises hammer grip
Behind the back cable raises
Upright cable rows

I didn’t even keep track of volume, some sets were 25-30 reps, alternating with very short rests. 20-30 seconds. I feel like I’m putting a little size. Definitely not leaning out yet.

Cool down 15 minutes on elliptical
Calories burned 142

Off to work soon to get people drunk!

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day #11
Test E @ 240mg
EQ @ 300mg
Tbol 50mg
Var 50mg

Shoulder and back hypertrophy day
Pendelay Row
6 sets 3 X 190

Supported One arm dumbbell rows
3 sets 8 X 65

Rack chins
5 sets X 10

Seated Cable rows
5 sets 12 X 140

Seated close grip cable pull downs
3 sets 12 X 140

Standing overhead barbell press
3 sets 8 X 110

Seated dumbbell shoulder press
5 Sets 8 X 65

Alternating Arnold press
3 Sets 8 X 50

After all this I really hit my shoulders with crazy volume as in Seths shoulder video.
Machine presses
Lateral plate lifts
Bent over lat raises
Front raises hammer grip
Behind the back cable raises
Upright cable rows

I blasted my shoulders and
I didn’t even keep track of volume, some sets were 25-30 reps, alternating with very short rests. 20-30 seconds. I feel like I’m putting a little size. Definitely not leaning out yet.

Cool down 15 minutes on elliptical
Calories burned 142

Off to work soon to get people drunk!
I also get paid to bring drunken memories. It’s not a bad life!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX Nutrition / Health 23
Jm88888 Recipes 0
ManimalPatB Nutrition / Health 20
jramoska Nutrition / Health 19
Chrisehyoung Nutrition / Health 9