is it possible to inject needle too far in? deep question

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
ok my buddy injected 1.5 needle, lateral quads. he felt it went in too far and he said his muscle jerked. is this a sign her went in too far? he thights are big roughly 27in. maybe more. so another big question
1.what happens if u go to far?
2. how do u know u went right enough, not too far not to little, cuz i know if u inject into fat its like u wasted 80% of the test.
3. is there a specific thing u feel or see when u go in just right. i told him to use 1.5 since his thighs are huge and its my believe to get in as deep as possible.

Attachments

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
i marked the spots roughyl he injected in

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
another thing they are 27in cold, once he trains them unpumped they are roughly 30in. cut. not bulky fat. just to give u some kind of input on size of thights to see if he did hit bone with the 1.5' .

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
another question if someone like him has big muscular legs isnt it wayyyyyy much easier to get the injection right?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
dude my legs aren't even that big and i've stuffed 1.5" needles in all the way. He hit a nerve, that's what caused the muscle jerk. No big deal.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
for sure a nerve, but I wouldn't shoot a 1.5 in the quad if i wasn't pretty overweight... there's just not really any need.

Tyler3295

Awards
dude my legs aren't even that big and i've stuffed 1.5" needles in all the way. He hit a nerve, that's what caused the muscle jerk. No big deal.
Yep. I always seem to hit nerves. He needs to learn to control his muscle from jerking though. Don't want that sharp little needle shredding the muscle! Ouch!

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
ok but the spot was good right? also on another note is there anyway of knowing 100% u hit ti directly right? is there some odd old school trick or is it just a "i see i hit this part so its done correct" kinda thing? is it ok to hit it a little lower more lateraly?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok my buddy injected 1.5 needle, lateral quads. he felt it went in too far and he said his muscle jerked. is this a sign her went in too far? he thights are big roughly 27in. maybe more. so another big question
1.what happens if u go to far?
2. how do u know u went right enough, not too far not to little, cuz i know if u inject into fat its like u wasted 80% of the test.
3. is there a specific thing u feel or see when u go in just right. i told him to use 1.5 since his thighs are huge and its my believe to get in as deep as possible.
This is exactly why you should use anatomical landmarks when finding approved intramuscular injection sites. They're recommended because they avoid any significant underlying vascular involvement or nerve endings/plexus.

The size (length and gauge) of the needle used is dependent upon the IM injection site used, what/how much is being administered, and the size of the patient or person; either a 1" or 1.5" would work fine in that site in most adults. If your circle is fairly accurate of where he injected, then he needs to move more lateral to hit the vastus lateralis muscle (the recommended injection site).

-John

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
yes i though so too. he was a little to center. thanks for input everyone keep addind if u guys to.