Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I usually drink a BCAA or EAA drink while working out, I was thinks about trying this! Thoughts ?

Allmax.png
Allmax1.png

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been using it, taste is good. Using it along with SL to increase the PA count

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Did I read somewhere that Phosphatidic acid (PA) is hard on the joints ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only during workout drink I ever drank was carbs, specifically in the form of Cytomax.

However, Nutrabio makes a supplement called Intra Blast that looks pretty good.

But a lot of people find they like EAAs during a workout. I really don't see the utility of them, since you had a preworkout meal and are going to have a preworkout meal, so it's not like you're lacking in aminos.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've tried aminos intra-workout and they just don't agree with me. I get too thirsty or it just doesn't quench my thirst. I can only do Gatorade or plain water.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The only during workout drink I ever drank was carbs, specifically in the form of Cytomax.

But a lot of people find they like EAAs during a workout. I really don't see the utility of them, since you had a preworkout meal and are going to have a preworkout meal, so it's not like you're lacking in aminos.
Some train without having had a meal or in my situation it's been several hours since the last meal. I like the carb/amino mix periworkout

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I train fasted at 4am

Pl4typu5

Pl4typu5

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I like using sns energized aminos + hbcd, I put 2 scoops in half a gallon of water, drink half pre and sip the rest during workout.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I lift fasted 5 days a week fasted cardio 1 day.
I could probably do cardio fasted but I definitely need something in my stomach prior to lifting or I just feel weak. I guess a good pre workout would help with that though.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I could probably do cardio fasted but I definitely need something in my stomach prior to lifting or I just feel weak. I guess a good pre workout would help with that though.
I have been training Fasted in the AM for years (at least 20 maybe more) so it is no problem.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Doesn't look like it would be too bad.

I'd keep in mind you would need double the dose to get the recommended PA dosage. The TS isn't standardized or unsure for what, but that is a source of Amentoflavone FWIW.

I think for strictly during workout use something like the Intrablast mentioned above would be more optimal (additional hydration and workout ingredients), but if you try this out I always enjoy hearing feedback.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think fasted anaerobic exercise is crazy. Your body needs nutrients to grow. It needs protein to repair the torn muscles, carbs to fuel your workout and some fats for energy. That's just basic science.

Couldn't find full text, study too old.

Full text attached.

Attachments

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Crazy is my middle name !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Leg Day is awesome if money is no object. With a coupon code buying 2 tubs was $100 shipped. I love it, both flavors, but Blueberry Lemonade probably edges out Sweet Tea. On my second tub now. It is actually a very decent value for the ingredients; it’s just a bit steep per session for what many folks might need.

It actually makes the most sense for someone in Rocket’s position who otherwise would train fasted. That is how I got on intra carbs with my aminos, when I had to train before work so I didn’t have time to digest much beyond granola bars/Rice Krispies pre-training.

Last edited:
djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Biggest scam out there lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What makes you feel that way? What is your ideal intraworkout drink (if anything besides plain water)?
he's a keto zealot... I assume he will either say butter or mcts

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think fasted anaerobic exercise is crazy. Your body needs nutrients to grow. It needs protein to repair the torn muscles, carbs to fuel your workout and some fats for energy. That's just basic science.

Couldn't find full text, study too old.

Full text attached.
While I agree that this is true, if he had a hearty meal the night before, he should still be pretty well stocked up. It would be more of an "empty stomach" than a truly "empty gas tank" scenario

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't consume simple carbs before or during my work out, my blood sugar with spike and than fall to nothing. Can't train while hypo !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Me too, HBCD is your friend in that scenario

??
HBCD is a solid, white powder that is used as a flame retardant additive for thermoplastic polymers. Its principal use is in expanded polystyrene foams and other styrene resins. It may also be used in latex binders, unsaturated polyesters, and polyvinyl chloride wire, cable, and textile coatings.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
??
HBCD is a solid, white powder that is used as a flame retardant additive for thermoplastic polymers. Its principal use is in expanded polystyrene foams and other styrene resins. It may also be used in latex binders, unsaturated polyesters, and polyvinyl chloride wire, cable, and textile coatings.
High
Branch
Cyclin
Dextrins

Its a powdered carb source
HBCD has a high molecular weight but low osmolarity, allowing rapid absorption & digestion, and supporting increased energy & muscle cell expansion

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Steel Supplements Adabolic is a comprehensive formula, similar to some others posted here. Carbs, EAAs, citrulline, beta alanine, kre-alk, hydromax, beet root. A little pricey so now I do my own EAA/HBCD/pump mix, but I'd put a vote for it if you have the money.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Biggest scam out there lol
What makes you say that? Nutrabio is a standout company.

While I agree that this is true, if he had a hearty meal the night before, he should still be pretty well stocked up. It would be more of an "empty stomach" than a truly "empty gas tank" scenario
Food digests at a certain rate. Although it's true you absorb calories much slower while you sleep, by the time you wake up, you're out of protein/carbs/fats and need to reup to get the amino acids and other stuff that helps you to maintain your exercise routine to it's maximum potential.
I can't consume simple carbs before or during my work out, my blood sugar with spike and than fall to nothing. Can't train while hypo !!
Hypoglycemic? Are you diabetic?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Food digests at a certain rate. Although it's true you absorb calories much slower while you sleep, by the time you wake up, you're out of protein/carbs/fats and need to reup to get the amino acids and other stuff that helps you to maintain your exercise routine to it's maximum potential.
Your body will simply use its stored energy at this point though and since those stores are going to be plenty full (since next to nothing is being used while sleeping (especially if going to bed with a full belly) you really would only need minimal, if any, physical foods to support that unless you're training for hours and hours. It may not be 100% optimal, but the difference is likely negligible for anyone not at a pro/sport/olympic training level. Plus, with his statement about his potential to go hypo, he's likely doing what already is best for how his body functions by limiting his intake to only the bare minimum.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
[QUOTE="RIPDanDuchaine, post: 6504525, member: 296574"

Hypoglycemic? Are you diabetic?
[/QUOTE]

Just the opposite,

Hyperinsulinemia (hi-pur-in-suh-lih-NEE-me-uh) means the amount of insulin in your blood is higher than what's considered normal. Alone, it isn't diabetes. But hyperinsulinemia is often associated with type 2 diabetes. Insulin is a hormone that's normally produced by your pancreas, which helps regulate blood sugar