Football8

Awards
Im trying to target my upper chest and my current excersises were:
BB flat bench
Levarage Inlcine Press
Incline Chest Flys
Weighted Dips
Pushups to failure

I just wanted to know would it be better to replace the incline flys with a DB Press and then put the DB press being my first exercise followed by flat bench and then levarage incline? Basically asking if you could do 2 incline presses in same workout?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do a 15 degree incline and a 45 degree incline if you want to do both. Reverse grip barbell bench is also a very underrated upper chest builder

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do a 15 degree incline and a 45 degree incline if you want to do both. Reverse grip barbell bench is also a very underrated upper chest builder
Reverse grip barbell presses made a huge impact on my upper chest!

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just wanted to know would it be better to replace the incline flys with a DB Press and then put the DB press being my first exercise followed by flat bench and then levarage incline? Basically asking if you could do 2 incline presses in same workout?
2 cents...
Sure you could, but it is probably more than likely redundancy, since, say x number of sets ( example 5x8-10) on the incline press would IMO be plenty for that session, with perhaps more frequency (ie: thru the week 2x-3x per), than just a ton of volume in one W/O, will most likely do more over the cycle/months.

I also assume you are doing OH presses, since the shoulders also tie in well to the upper pecs and chest both in strength and mass.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Reverse grip bb ftw!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
why no DB incline bp?

Football8

Awards
thats what im asking about so do you think it wouldbe fine to do leverage incline press and db incline press?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
thats what im asking about so do you think it wouldbe fine to do leverage incline press and db incline press?
Sorry for all the lousy answers to your original question. The answer is no, you cannot do two incline presses in the same workout. Look up Lyle Alzado or "Ravishing" Rick Rude if you need more info. Both were rumored to have done 2 incline movements in the same workout. Rude was actually filmed boasting about it just 2 weeks prior to his death. That film has never been released.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reverse grip barbell presses made a huge impact on my upper chest!
Same here. Adding incline flys and incline DB press after completing sets of reverse grip BB bench press always fried my upper chest.

Football8

Awards
could i do reverse grip dumbell press instead of barbell?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RGBP are definitely a good chest builder as well as triceps builder.

2 cents...
Sure you could, but it is probably more than likely redundancy, since, say x number of sets ( example 5x8-10) on the incline press would IMO be plenty for that session, with perhaps more frequency (ie: thru the week 2x-3x per), than just a ton of volume in one W/O, will most likely do more over the cycle/months.
Agreed
I'm not sure it'd have the same training effect.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it's a mobility/comfort issue, yes. I had to narrow my grip a bit to be comfortable on the reverse grip bench, but once I got that part figured out it was great. If it's not a mobilty/comfort issue then DB's would be a good accessory exercise after BB.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for all the lousy answers to your original question. The answer is no, you cannot do two incline presses in the same workout. Look up Lyle Alzado or "Ravishing" Rick Rude if you need more info. Both were rumored to have done 2 incline movements in the same workout. Rude was actually filmed boasting about it just 2 weeks prior to his death. That film has never been released.
Is this is a joke?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
OK, I figured. As someone on a bulk for life, what the hell else would I do on chest day other than presses and dips, flys?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was like that satire-news article day before yesterday about how Colorado's legalization has caused 37 marijuana overdoses. I already knew this was a medical impossibility but still had to snope it to be sure the sarcasm was truly that and not fact.