Impeach Gov. Andrew Cuomo 4 violating New Yorker's 2nd Amendment

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bro do you even lift? scalia-esque?? lol
F*ck lifting, I workout by performing a rendition of Black Swan in basketball shorts. You think Oxy Elite Pro is the best fatburner out there? Nah, interpretive dancing all day. I do lift but not a body building type routine, my program is built around boxing.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video]http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/22/16643098-the-monster-want-out-mentally-ill-killer-amassed-huge-arsenal-police-say?lite[/video]

Here's a guy who was able to purchase weapons legally. Yep, thinks are working out quite well. Who needs more restrictions.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
blame the po-po...people called several times and they were late to respond, if you dont wanna blame the po-po, blame the gunny shop for not doin its job correctly and using common sense

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
blame the po-po...people called several times and they were late to respond, if you dont wanna blame the po-po, blame the gunny shop for not doin its job correctly and using common sense
Which is like going after the street pusher instead of crippling the organization. You really don't see the problem here? We can make 1000 excuses of this guy not doing his job, or that guy, or we can put in place sensible controls where a guy like this should not be able to legally stockpile firearms, including AK. Lol. And FYI- He wasn't flagged in the background check.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Which is like going after the street pusher instead of crippling the organization. You really don't see the problem here? We can make 1000 excuses of this guy not doing his job, or that guy, or we can put in place sensible controls where a guy like this should be able to legally stockpile firearms. And FYI- He wasn't flagged in the background check.
ok...so no excuses...if guns were illegal..what would have stopped this guy from getting them illegallly? or since he was so mentally ill and disturbed, what would have kept him from beating his mother to death with a stock pile of louisville sluggers? or what wood have kept him from suffocating her with a spoon...crazy people are crazy and theyre going to do harm no matter whats illegal or legal.

the fact that he chose to get a gun legally or committed the acts with a gun period have little to do with actual problem, which was his lack of mental health and observation. dude shoulda been locked up long ago and shame on his mother and proffessionals who did nt do it. unfortunately, the same people who were didnt get him the help he needs are the people who suffered the concequences

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok...so no excuses...if guns were illegal..what would have stopped this guy from getting them illegallly? or since he was so mentally ill and disturbed, what would have kept him from beating his mother to death with a stock pile of louisville sluggers? or what wood have kept him from suffocating her with a spoon...crazy people are crazy and theyre going to do harm no matter whats illegal or legal.

the fact that he chose to get a gun legally or committed the acts with a gun period have little to do with actual problem, which was his lack of mental health and observation. dude shoulda been locked up long ago and shame on his mother and proffessionals who did nt do it. unfortunately, the same people who were didnt get him the help he needs are the people who suffered the concequences
When did I say they should be illegal? Lol. Did you read the article? He was able to "legally" acquire/amass a stockpile of weapons, even though he had a prior conviction, as he was never flagged in the system. That's a problem! Background checks are not universal. They differ from state to state, and depending on the type of transaction. Person to person sales, gun show sales rarely result in background checks being performed, even the NRA acknowledges this. That's effing ridiculous. Strict universal background checks should be enforced, end of story.

Now saying that you can kill someone with a spoon, or other any other object isn't an equitable argument. You can come up to me with a spoon, but good luck on getting very far with it.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
When did I say they should be illegal? Lol. Did you read the article? He was able to "legally" acquire/amass a stockpile of weapons, even though he had a prior conviction, as he was never flagged in the system. That's a problem! Background checks are not universal. They differ from state to state, and depending on the type of transaction. Person to person sales, gun show sales rarely result in background checks being performed, even the NRA acknowledges this. That's effing ridiculous. Strict universal background checks should be enforced, end of story.

Now saying that you can kill someone with a spoon, or other any other object isn't an equitable argument. You can come up to me with a spoon, but good luck on getting very far with it.
thats the case with me and you...not a crazy person and a middle aged woman....the argument is the same. and you didnt say they should be illegal, i was just pointing out that legislating guns wont fix the problem, the police arent fixing the problem, the registration system isnt fixing the problem...the problem was with him not being locked up was the point

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[video]http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/22/16643098-the-monster-want-out-mentally-ill-killer-amassed-huge-arsenal-police-say?lite[/video]

Here's a guy who was able to purchase weapons legally. Yep, thinks are working out quite well. Who needs more restrictions.
Right, and according to the FBI, Clubs and Hammers kill more people than rifles and shotguns...so dont we need to prioritize restricting club and hammer ownership? After all its the club and hammer doing the killing, not the killer.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/03/fbi-hammers-clubs-kill-more-people-than-rifles-shotguns/

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats the case with me and you...not a crazy person and a middle aged woman....the argument is the same. and you didnt say they should be illegal, i was just pointing out that legislating guns wont fix the problem, the police arent fixing the problem, the registration system isnt fixing the problem...the problem was with him not being locked up was the point
Regardless, you're missing the bigger point. He should have never been able to legally stockpiles weapons, which he was, given that he was not flagged in the system. That displays a serious flaw that could have potentially brought harm to many more people. Who looks out for their interests? F*ck that, universal checks across the board, period. I care less how much it costs you. I don't care if it raises prices on you. If you can't afford it, find another hobby, or enter a new profession.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right, and according to the FBI, Clubs and Hammers kill more people than rifles and shotguns...so dont we need to prioritize restricting club and hammer ownership? After all its the club and hammer doing the killing, not the killer.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/03/fbi-hammers-clubs-kill-more-people-than-rifles-shotguns/
You're missing the point as per usual. He should NOT have been able to purchase weapons based on having a prior conviction, period. There's nothing to debate. He had a prior conviction, and yet was able to legally purchase those weapons. He was not flagged in the system, which he should have been. Obviously if there are major flaws like this at that level, then they need to be addressed. Read the article, don't just rebut the link.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Regardless, you're missing the bigger point. He should have never been able to legally stockpiles weapons, which he was, given that he was not flagged in the system. That displays a serious flaw that could have potentially brought harm to many more people. Who looks out for their interests? F*ck that, universal checks across the board, period. I don't care how much it costs you. I don't care if it raises prices on you. If you can't afford it, find another hobby, or enter a new profession.
universal checks or standardized checks?? i think they should be standardized and made mandatory sure. but if the govt is going require the checks, they should at the very least have a system thats worth a damn to use.

i cant tell if im agreeing with you cause your right or if its cause im so brain dead from multitasking for the past few hours lol ;)

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
and your right he shouldnt have! theres no excuse as to why he was able to get the guns, especially if it was after he was found to be effed up in the head and be mentally disturbed

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
universal checks or standardized checks?? i think they should be standardized and made mandatory sure. but if the govt is going require the checks, they should at the very least have a system thats worth a damn to use.

i cant tell if im agreeing with you cause your right or if its cause im so brain dead from multitasking for the past few hours lol ;)
Lol. Well surely the current system can't be worth a damn, since it allowed a convicted murderer to legally acquire weapons. But ya know, it must be a government conspiracy. I'm sure infowars will get to the bottom of this and tell us it's a flag operation. :/

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

So he had guns, he did not commit a crime. Not saying this guy should have guns...but just saying. They are capitalizing over something that never happened.

The big indicator is that he has a "history of mental illness" which tell us he had been taking them suicide pills that the mainstream media hides from the American people to protect their sponsors.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're missing the point as per usual. He should NOT have been able to purchase weapons based on having a prior conviction, period. There's nothing to debate. He had a prior conviction, and yet was able to legally purchase those weapons. He was not flagged in the system, which he should have been. Obviously if there are major flaws like this at that level, then they need to be addressed. Read the article, don't just rebut the link.
Why not? Did they try to restrict whats more dangerous in society (proven by the FBI) for him to purchase a hammer?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So he had guns, he did not commit a crime. Not saying this guy should have guns...but just saying. They are capitalizing over something that never happened.

The big indicator is that he has a "history of mental illness" which is an indicator that he had been taking them suicide pills that the mainstream media hides from the American people to protect their sponsors.
Lol. Did you even read the article? Ah, he killed his mom and was convicted for it. Is it because Alex Jones didn't write the article? Lol.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards

The big indicator is that he has a "history of mental illness" which is an indicator that he had been taking them suicide pills that the mainstream media hides from the American people to protect their sponsors.
suicide pills??

sarcasm? sorry im terrible at sarcasm in general but its even worse with forum posts...

and southpaw agree or disagree...if the govt is gonna require checks, they should have a system thats worth a damn to use that everybody has reasonable and accurate access too?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. Did you even read the article? Ah, he killed his mom and was convicted for it. Is it because Alex Jones didn't write the article? Lol.
Yes, I saw that. Why didnt they mention his prescription history?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, I saw that. Why didnt they mention his prescription history?
Are you seriously that dense? The m'fer killed his mom! He should NOT have been able to purchase firearms, period. What are you not getting?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
suicide pills??

sarcasm? sorry im terrible at sarcasm in general but its even worse with forum posts...

and southpaw agree or disagree...if the govt is gonna require checks, they should have a system thats worth a damn to use that everybody has reasonable and accurate access too?
Most of these mass shooting the shooters are on strong psychiatric drugs. For example some of the major ones such as the Columbine shooting, The Colorodo Theater shooting, and slowly coming out the Newton shooter they are all on psychiatric drugs when in the inserts themselves have listed violent outbursts and suicide as some of the side effects which these facts are always hidden from the mainstream media.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you seriously that dense? The m'fer killed his mom! He should NOT have been able to purchase firearms, period. What are you not getting?
I need details of the incident to have an opinion.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Most of these mass shooting the shooters are on strong psychiatric drugs. For example some of the major ones such as the Columbine shooting, The Colorodo Theater shooting, and slowly coming out the Newton shooter they are all on psychiatric drugs when in the inserts themselves have listed violent outbursts and suicide as some of the side effects which these facts are always hidden from the mainstream media.
what is a strong phychiatric drug?? are you talking about a specific class of drug or what??

some people take paxil for premature ejaculation issues...should they be prevented from owning a gun?
i take lexapro cause i have GAD...should that be flagged so i cant buy a gun?

im just curious as to what drugs they were on becaus if it was the same drug cause if a certain drug is the common denominator then either the drug needs to be taken off the market cause its causing people to shoot people and other **** or they need to make sure the people that are on it are locked up so they cant do it

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
suicide pills??

You'll get use to AX, he's the resident forum guy who write batsh*t crazy things. Lol. I embrace him nevertheless. Of course I think the background check program should be worth a damn, which is why I strongly advocate for it. But you can't tell me, in a current system where a convicted murderer is able to stockpile weapons, including an AK, that this current system works?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need details of the incident to have an opinion.
OMG man, seriously and I even try with you. Lol. What details do you need? Here goes...he killed his mom and was convicted and served time for it. Got out and began legally stockpiling weapons, which he should not have been able to, if the system wasn't broken. I just did your homework for you.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In all seriousness I do not want violent criminals who abused their privileges to be able to purchase drugs. Then again, if this dude killed his mom he should be behind bars for life thats what I support. I support hard prison time.

When it comes to background checks, the ones who get restricted the most are law abiding citizens.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
You'll get use to AX, he's the resident forum guy who write batsh*t crazy things. Lol. I embrace him nevertheless. Of course I think the background check program should be worth a damn, which is why I strongly advocate for it. But you can't tell me, in a current system where a convicted murderer is able to stockpile weapons, including an AK, that this current system works?
it obviously doesnt work lol i just think that the very people that are bitching and moaning about it are the ones that arent lifting a finger to fix the problem.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just disagree with the solution...I want convicted murders in prison for life, or labor camp.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just disagree with the solution...I want convicted murders in prison for life, or labor camp.
Agreed. Irrespective of that, he should NOT have been able to legally purchase firearms, especially on a murder conviction. WTF is so difficult to understand about that? He walked into a gun store and purchased weapons, a licensed gun store mind you. Did you read the letter he had written in his room? "The monster wants to come out." C'mon man, even reasonable people can agree that stricter controls needs to be in place that would prevent someone like this from purchasing weapons.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
**** prison or labor camps...hook there nuts to a car battery and dump an electrolyte dense liquid all over them....quick cheap and easy...or if your gonna do prison...buy a dessert island somewhere...blindfold em, fly there asses out, and drop them off and never look back...problem solved

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Agreed. Irrespective of that, he should NOT have been able to legally purchase firearms, especially on a murder conviction. WTF is so difficult to understand about that? He walked into a gun store and purchased weapons, a licensed gun store mind you. Did you read the letter he had written in his room? "The monster wants to come out." C'mon man, even reasonable people can agree that stricter controls needs to be in place that would prevent someone like this from purchasing weapons.
and stricter control wont do anything....fixing a background check problem will...but like i said...the people who are cryin the loudest are doing the least to fix the problem, or at the very least taking the lazy way out

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
**** prison or labor camps...hook there nuts to a car battery and dump an electrolyte dense liquid all over them....quick cheap and easy...or if your gonna do prison...buy a dessert island somewhere...blindfold em, fly there asses out, and drop them off and never look back...problem solved

Awesome guys, now that we're done feeding their nuts to Komodo dragons, let's stay on topic and discuss how a person like this was able to legally acquire firearms, including an AK.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont disagree with you...but the whole scenario never should have happened because he should have been in prison. He never should of even had the opportunity any more to be put out in a free society.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Awesome guys, now that we're done feeding their nuts to Komodo dragons, let's stay on topic and discuss how a person like this was able to legally acquire firearms, including an AK.
they were able to get the guns cause the current check system is flawed and it needs to be fixed....and at least we know what to do with them when they **** up

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont disagree with you...but the whole scenario never should have happened because he should have been in prison. He never should of even had the opportunity any more to be put out in a free society.
That's another issue entirely. How was someone like this individual legally able to purchase firearms, and not come up as flagged in a system that gun proponents say is works, and that does not require additional restrictions.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why are you pointing out an AK? What makes that semi automatic rifle more devastating than a Semi Automatic 30-06?

And let's not get the arguement twisted. Expanding Background checks only focuses on one target group, the law abiding.

If ol boy wanted a gun, an arsenel, or a gernade launcher... does anyone believe he would have stopped the minute NICS came back with a big ol NO?

And be aware, the background check system (NICS) is setup by the FBI.. the state has no hand in it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's another issue entirely. How was someone like this individual legally able to purchase firearms, and not come up as flagged in a system that gun proponents say is works, and that does not require additional restrictions.
Just another example how goverment cant do anything efficiently.

Maybe the private sector (I dont know who runs the current if its private or not) can compete to get a contract to supply the appropriate technology/system.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Why are you pointing out an AK? What makes that semi automatic rifle more devastating than a Semi Automatic 30-06?

And let's not get the arguement twisted. Expanding Background checks only focuses on one target group, the law abiding.

If ol boy wanted a gun, an arsenel, or a gernade launcher... does anyone believe he would have stopped the minute NICS came back with a big ol NO?

And be aware, the background check system (NICS) is setup by the FBI.. the state has no hand in it.
and thats the problem...the FBI is incharge of it...they cant even get there own buget and payroll right how do you expect them to manage a database like that??

and an AK is more devestating cause its russian...you obviously havent seen rocky

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thats my concern....having Big Bro looking after us is going to effect the big majority law abiding the most.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just another example how goverment cant do anything efficiently.

Maybe the private sector (I dont know who runs the current if its private or not) can compete to get a contract to supply the appropriate technology/system.
You support a right without knowing all of the details as to how it's being supported? Lol. Nice. Federal government has no involvement here, which should make you happy. It's state regulated, but here's the kicker, there is no uniformity as to how these laws are enforced or lack thereof, it falls upon the state in question. Now when there is a failure on the state level, maybe, just maybe it's time to....think you know where I'm going with this.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You support a right without knowing all of the details as to how it's being supported? Lol. Nice. Federal government has no involvement here, which should make you happy. It's state regulated, but here's the kicker, there is no uniformity as to how these laws are enforced or lack thereof, it falls upon the state in question. Now when there is a failure on the state level, maybe, just maybe it's time to....think you know where I'm going with this.
You cant find a solution to everything. Best find other solutions, criminals get their guns or alternative weapons, druggies get their drugs, prostitutes will prostitute.

Best reduce restrictions especially concealed carries. Teach our kids how to use weapons responsibly and the art of self defense so they can grow maturely with these weapons. When one of these nut cases run into a movie theater to go on a shooting spree plenty of people will bust a cap in his brain real quick.

Personal reliance is far more dependable than having government protect us.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yes and that information is provided by the state, which in this case did not occur, hence the reason why this individual was not flagged. I could care less about arguing over what constitutes an assault weapon. The point is, he should not have been able to purchase multiple firearms had the state informed the FBI. There are procedures in place for this and they were not enforced in this case.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes and that information is provided by the state, which in this case did not occur, hence the reason why this individual was not flagged. I could care less about arguing over what constitutes an assault weapon. The point is, he should not have been able to purchase multiple firearms had the state informed the FBI. There are procedures in place for this and they were not enforced in this case.
You kind of skimmed over the part before. So since that system failed, we are to expect expanding it will fix the issue? Sort of like how we are spending our way out of debt?

As for the AK statement, I only ask that is because the term assault weapon is a made up term to demonize a very broad group of weapons. Since you mentioned that in a grimm tone, you seem to not be aware of the debate at hand (The "Assault" weapons ban). That is the very narrative that certain organizations/people with an agenda wish to perpetuate.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is a strong phychiatric drug?? are you talking about a specific class of drug or what??

some people take paxil for premature ejaculation issues...should they be prevented from owning a gun?
i take lexapro cause i have GAD...should that be flagged so i cant buy a gun?

im just curious as to what drugs they were on becaus if it was the same drug cause if a certain drug is the common denominator then either the drug needs to be taken off the market cause its causing people to shoot people and other **** or they need to make sure the people that are on it are locked up so they cant do it
These need to be more studied by a well funded independent science panel. I dont want to jump to conclusions (although I may sound as if I come across that way, Im not) as this may or may not be a contributing factor. The fact that in most cases of mass shooting there are prescription drugs involved it should be included in every dialogue. Media and government do not address these issues.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You kind of skimmed over the part before. So since that system failed, we are to expect expanding it will fix the issue? Sort of like how we are spending our way out of debt?

As for the AK statement, I only ask that is because the term assault weapon is a made up term to demonize a very broad group of weapons. Since you mentioned that in a grimm tone, you seem to not be aware of the debate at hand (The "Assault" weapons ban). That is the very narrative that certain organizations/people with an agenda wish to perpetuate.
I referenced it as an AK, because that is how it was described in the article. I don't attempt to draw up my own narrative, despite the fact that I myself don't embrace the gun culture, I respect and support their rights to own/carry/purchase/possess. There was a failure at the state level to keep weapons out of this person's hands, that needs to be addressed.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I referenced it as an AK, because that is how it was described in the article. I don't attempt to draw up my own narrative, despite the fact that I myself don't embrace the gun culture, I respect and support their rights to own/carry/purchase/possess. There was a failure at the state level to keep weapons out of this person's hands, that needs to be addressed.
More incentive to have criminals buy guns black market, or make their own assault weapon with a 3D printer, or learn to make home made bombs.

How much money did we spend on the war on drugs and how far did that go along?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like the British did to Australia? Lol