I'm on Phosphatidic acid Ya'll

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Yup, you're hearing it 3rd hand though, and I don't even remember who originally told me that. Tried to find the old post just now, but came up empty. At the time I had no idea if it was even true, but figured better safe than sorry.
Yeah, I hear ya!

BigGGG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Chug them down with any liquid like they were not there, if you let them dissolve you will eventually get sick of the taste...Also, if you get GI issues , do NOT take them with your preworkout, caffeine only makes it worse. You can also split doses like 3-2-1 hours PWO each time one spoon if 3 TSP is too much for your stomach
G

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
The EPIQ PA is good to use even after it expiring date September 2016? Will pick up 3 bottles I think. For that price and deal, it is worth it for a international customer.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
anyone ordering the Epiq BOGO, the place I got it from had free shipping if you used FREE99 and your order was over $99. Just passing that along.

3 bottles came in $10 under that ($89.95), since the Best By date on them was 9/29 (from what I have been told) I didn't want to order too much (didn't want 8 total) so I just added in something else for $10 and it took $6.95 off of shipping.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad I just saw this thread cause I was going to post up if anyone had any info on the Lecithin Granuales so
3 tbs a day is the way to go and split the dosage up would be the best way to dose and 8 weeks on and how
many weeks off and has anyone had any experience with the Epiq Bogo and I looked at the label but it doesn't
state exactly how much PA is in each 5 cap dose unless I just didn't see it.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Anyone double dose EPIQ? Idk how much of the other stuff is in there

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
Glad I just saw this thread cause I was going to post up if anyone had any info on the Lecithin Granuales so
3 tbs a day is the way to go and split the dosage up would be the best way to dose and 8 weeks on and how
many weeks off and has anyone had any experience with the Epiq Bogo and I looked at the label but it doesn't
It doesn't say on the label, but it says on the website it's 750mg per serving.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The math also depends heavily on how much PA you believe is actually in a 15g serving of granules, despite the label claim. As briefly discussed earlier, the typical range often cited is 4-7%, which would be anywhere from 600mg to 1050mg. 1200mg as claimed on the label would be 8%.

so, for a $12 tub of granules...

600mg per serving = $1 per 1500mg
750mg per serving = $0.80 per 1500mg
1000mg per serving = $0.60 per 1500mg
1200mg per serving = $0.50 per 1500mg

The Epiq caps at current BOGO price of $15 per bottle = $1.07 per 1500mg

So yes, more expensive, but not super clear exactly how much more expensive without knowing the exact amount of PA in the granules.
I'm with ya, but I'd like to point out that granules can easily be found for $7.50/lb (or less). Assuming a median 5% potency, granules are ~$0.25 per 750mg PA. I was/am tempted to try the Epiq, but it's still ~4x the price, effectively. For those who want to know precisely how much PA they're getting and/or don't want the extra fat macros, it makes sense, I suppose.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3tbs is a good dose. That should put you well above the studied 750mg. I prefer taking it all at once, pre-workout. You don't need to cycle off.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone double dose EPIQ? Idk how much of the other stuff is in there
MediatorPA = 1500mg
Other 4 Ingredients = 35mg

I doubt the other ingredients matter in the formula even if you triple dose them lol.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm with ya, but I'd like to point out that granules can easily be found for $7.50/lb (or less). Assuming a median 5% potency, granules are ~$0.25 per 750mg PA. I was/am tempted to try the Epiq, but it's still ~4x the price, effectively. For those who want to know precisely how much PA they're getting and/or don't want the extra fat macros, it makes sense, I suppose.
Agreed, what I was trying to point out to the masses but to each their own.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Can I just chug or chase down the granules in a liquid? Has anyone done this?
To me, they taste like Cashews or something, so I just chew and swallow. It's like a mini-meal (snack) to me :)

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Am I only one who actually likes the taste of SL granules?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Wayyy back in this thread I asked if mixing granules into hot food would degrade the PA content at all, and was advised that it very well might. That's why I stuck with a drink rather than putting them into oatmeal. Still not sure if it was ever true or not.
The stomach is at least 99 degrees, so I don't know about temperature sensitivity (within reason, all fat can oxidize with high enough temps :D).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
many weeks off...
A recent company study for an upcoming product called MaxxTor just dosed once and saw a positive outcome, so you may not need to split dose. I guess if you really researched mTOR, you could figure out the "best" protocol; i.e. we know Leucine spikes mTOR, and you need time separated bolus' of Leucine... no idea if PA is the same. No need to cycle off.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
we know Leucine spikes mTOR, and you need time separated bolus' of Leucine... no idea if PA is the same. No need to cycle off.
I vaguely remember a somewhat recent study pointing out that there is no "point" in having Leucine/Whey Shake at the same time as Phosphatidic Acid due to the mTOR pathway activation. It's why I dose all of my PA pre-workout, then have my post whey. I am usually not hungry after I workout, which is why I do this (instead of forcing down whole foods). It's not as if I believe whole foods cannot do the same, but this may be important for those who also use Whey.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I vaguely remember a somewhat recent study pointing out that there is no "point" in having Leucine/Whey Shake at the same time as Phosphatidic Acid due to the mTOR pathway activation. It's why I dose all of my PA pre-workout, then have my post whey. I am usually not hungry after I workout, which is why I do this (instead of forcing down whole foods). It's not as if I believe whole foods cannot do the same, but this may be important for those who also use Whey.
OT: You see this recent one?:

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/06/protein-supps-synthesis-after-cardio.html

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
I doubt double or even quadruple dosing Epiq will have any effect beyond that of the PA given the low bioavailability and tiny doses of the herbals

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
Yup. 35mg for 4 ingredients....haha. You can dose it 8x and probably notice nothing.
Not sure why they bothered to include them in the first place. Why not just pure mediator pa? The mystery of the industry.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I dunno, on one hand it wouldnt surprise me if cheminutra stipulates that a condition of mediator use is that it is used in conjunction with a blend.

But yeah, most likely just companies way of creating a point of difference.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dunno, on one hand it wouldnt surprise me if cheminutra stipulates that a condition of mediator use is that it is used in conjunction with a blend.

But yeah, most likely just companies way of creating a point of difference.
It's possible, but they could have easily thrown in 1-2 useful ingredients with it if they really wanted to, but, at the end of the day it's a PA product, so it's probably best that there's not too much else going on.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Am I only one who actually likes the taste of SL granules?
No you´re not... I really like it too.

I usually mix it in my snacks or in my protein shakes. If i let them dissolve with the protein, it makes the protein taste even better. It´s almost like an sweetener.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A recent company study for an upcoming product called MaxxTor just dosed once and saw a positive outcome, so you may not need to split dose. I guess if you really researched mTOR, you could figure out the "best" protocol; i.e. we know Leucine spikes mTOR, and you need time separated bolus' of Leucine... no idea if PA is the same. No need to cycle off.
Thanks for all the useful PA info and I think I'll be trying the Granuales first at 3 tbs first thing in the a.m.
and I'll probably just chug them down with water and I'll see how PA effects me and I'll decide after a
month if I wanna continue with the Granuales or switch over to the caps.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for all the useful PA info and I think I'll be trying the Granuales first at 3 tbs first thing in the a.m.
and I'll probably just chug them down with water and I'll see how PA effects me and I'll decide after a
month if I wanna continue with the Granuales or switch over to the caps.
One thing I want to comment on, be sure you know the difference between increased glycogen (muscle fullness) and bloating.

More than likely, muscle fullness will be very prominent and some like to believe it is bloat (which it possibly could be if diet is garbage).

JONimal

JONimal

Awards
  • Established
What's the best dosing protocol for PA on non training days? I've got a few bottles of Epia PA prob gonna be getting a few more. Those fat cals add up quick when dieting

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
What's the best dosing protocol for PA on non training days? I've got a few bottles of epis PA prob gonna be getting a few more. Those fat cals add up quick when dieting
AM/PM or AM/afternoon split dosing for non-training days.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Chug them down with any liquid like they were not there, if you let them dissolve you will eventually get sick of the taste...Also, if you get GI issues , do NOT take them with your preworkout, caffeine only makes it worse. You can also split doses like 3-2-1 hours PWO each time one spoon if 3 TSP is too much for your stomach
G
For some unknown reason, when they dissolve in my mouth, it doesn't taste bad. It's gotta be my taste buds.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just wanted to post in here, that I'm coming to an end of my first bottle of OG king, and loving it, strength has gone through the roof, some days I'm pumped all day and others not so much, but I'm getting more reps out at higher weight, I have read loads on king and know that you see the effects even better on the second bottle, so I'll be ordering more next week.

I am also looking at trying the man sports delta/nolvadren stack next though, little bit different to king, anyone got any feedback on that stack?

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just wanted to post in here, that I'm coming to an end of my first bottle of OG king, and loving it, strength has gone through the roof, some days I'm pumped all day and others not so much, but I'm getting more reps out at higher weight, I have read loads on king and know that you see the effects even better on the second bottle, so I'll be ordering more next week.

I am also looking at trying the man sports delta/nolvadren stack next though, little bit different to king, anyone got any feedback on that stack?
Unless you have a source for more OG King, I'd grab some Epiq instead. BPI switched King v2 over to using a less-than-studied amount of a knockoff PA extract instead of 750mg Mediator like you get in Phosphamuscle/EpiqPA.

If you want results, get a product the has an established amount of mediator, or get some Granules and save money. Don't give BPI any money.

Zariph

Awards
whats the top PA products atm? I mean pure Pa like phospha muscle, epiq pa, king etc

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
whats the top PA products atm? I mean pure Pa like phospha muscle, epiq pa, king etc
Not King anymore...

I'd swap out Micro PA for King on your list. Not sure if there are many others since I'm a granule guy. I'm sure someone will fill you in shortly

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Unless you have a source for more OG King, I'd grab some Epiq instead. BPI switched King v2 over to using a less-than-studied amount of a knockoff PA extract instead of 750mg Mediator like you get in Phosphamuscle/EpiqPA.

If you want results, get a product the has an established amount of mediator, or get some Granules and save money. Don't give BPI any money.
website where i get it from has OG king and a lot of it, so I'm all good, plus they are pretty slow at getting new stock in, so I think I'm good for a while till they get king v2 in

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One thing I want to comment on, be sure you know the difference between increased glycogen (muscle fullness) and bloating.

More than likely, muscle fullness will be very prominent and some like to believe it is bloat (which it possibly could be if diet is garbage).
I haven't started the granuales yet and something I will be trying in the near future but for sure my diet
is almost always clean so I do know the difference between increased glycogen and bloating. Thanks
for the heads up on what to look for while on the granuales or PA in general cause I've never used it.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Didn't expect Epiq caps to be black. Appreciate the absence of artificial dyes.

8 caps Epiq, 4 tbsp SL. Fun.

Eclectic9kid

Eclectic9kid

Awards
Damn, think I just got the last two epiq bogos.. Anyone know if it's just on my end?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure AM watchers definitely blew the EPIQ BOGO out of the water. I snatched 6 bottles myself.

jhbmore

Awards
I also got 6 bottles. Do you think keeping them in the fridge or freezer is a good idea since they expire in Sept. I was thinking about getting 6 more so I had a years supply. But don't want that much if they might lose efficacy.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also got 6 bottles. Do you think keeping them in the fridge or freezer is a good idea since they expire in Sept. I was thinking about getting 6 more so I had a years supply. But don't want that much if they might lose efficacy.
I doubt they would lose efficacy the moment they expire, but even so, I wouldn't store it in a freezer/fridge. It should be in a dry, cool environment I believe (this is my general rule for supplements)

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
I got 6 bottles. Wonder if I should get more. Are you guys going to dose 750mg (5caps) or go up to 1500mg (10caps)?