I'm in need of some advice on a weightloss diet.

BackToRoutine

Awards
Hi. I haven't worked out regularly since my last season in high school football. I've tried a few times to get back into working out, but I've never really made a plan and have just set myself up for failure. Right now I'm the biggest I've ever been at about 250-255. In high school I weight about 205-210 when I was working out 4-5 times per week and eating probably just about as horrible as I am now. Since I stopped working out, the horrible eating habits have caught up with me. My primary concern right now is fat loss and maintaining or possibly slowly building up muscle mass. I don't really want to be a big muscle guy, at least not until I get my health under control first. I went through periods in high school for a couple months where I'd eat clean, mainly chicken breasts, salads, and all that good stuff, but I don't really know what the best diet would be for my current goals and where I'm at physically right now. I'd like to know your guys thoughts on what the best diet would be for me to start with. I'm 5' 9.5". Typical endomorph if that helps at all.

Thanks,
J

Julio R

Awards
its good that you decided to change that's the first step you just gotta follow through. try ketosis, its a great diet and the fat comes off easy. also since you done football in high school your familiar with sprinting so bring that back.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is ketosis? Isn't that bad? I thought ketosis is the state your body goes in as a result from diets like atkins and wasn't good

clenson0809

Awards
calories in < calories out
when i lost a lot of weight my junior year of high school i ate yogurt for breakfast everyday. usually a sandwich with carrots for lunch. then a light dinner followed by cardio. Lots and Lots of water. Good luck :cheers:

avenue Red

Awards
ketosis is basically when your body uses fat for energy instead of carbs. use fitday.com to track your calories per day. if you want to lose fat the fastest this would be the best diet. make sure u stay at 20g carbs/ day or less. eat meats/cheese/eggs/protein shakes (check how many carbs). only drink water. you will feel crappy for the first 3 days but it will get better. also u can go to walmart and by Ketosis strips so that u can check if u are in ketosis.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i don't have enough mental power to do CKD.
I tried it for one week and the dreams I was having were so similar... at a party, many nice donuts and chocolate and sugar related things.... plus, stomach issues and pains.

my current diet is just 40% complex carbs, 40% protein, 20% good fat. Calories burnt = calories taken in + 500 i.e relative calorie deficit monday to friday. Saturday I take 700 calories surplus, Sunday i eat about 100 - 200 surplus.

It's started to work again. I think doing CKD for 1 week was good such that it broke my plateau and the old way has started to work again