I.Q question

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Do you know anyone with an I.Q. over 150?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This guy

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
michaelangelo = 180

leonardo de vinci = 220

idk how they figured those out

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
no curious to the number and the personality of the individual. someone i know has a 180 score and have always noticed that he is quite insightful on life as whole and tends to be a few steps ahead of the bunch.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Like anybody they can go either way. I've met some like your friend and others that you just can't relate to or carry on a conversation with at all. I have an iq of 145 and went to one of the best engineering schools in the nation (SDSM&T). I grew up knowing I was smart, but going there was definitely an equalizer and wake up call. I didn't even know what smart was until I went there. One guy I knew it would take him 30 minutes to do an assignment that took me 3-4 hour and he'd have more detail on his homework than the professor would put into his lectures. I used his homework to study for exams and they're were a couple times where if I hadn't I probably wouldn't have passed the exam.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
i have heard of people with high iqs who did terrible in school, interesting the way the brain functions on so many levels.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no curious to the number and the personality of the individual. someone i know has a 180 score and have always noticed that he is quite insightful on life as whole and tends to be a few steps ahead of the bunch.
Thanks man ;)

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I would be interested to hear Mr coopers and Patrick Arnolds just for kicks. I mean they're obviously smart. I just have a normal IQ which is fine I never planned on becoming a brain surgeon or anything lol

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
The last time I had a formal IQ test with a psychologist was when I was in 2nd grade and i scored a 178.

Then a few years ago I took an informal one in college to help a couple of kids doing a survey and i scored a 183. not a big difference but i was surprised that it had risen.

IQs supposedly arent supposed to rise or fall because of the way the test is designed. but ive never really bought into that.
Also just because somebody has a high IQ doesnt mean they are smart- Im a prime example of that lol.

but how people calculated DiVincis and Michaelangelos IQs- I have no idea.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
The last time I had a formal IQ test with a psychologist was when I was in 2nd grade and i scored a 178.

Then a few years ago I took an informal one in college to help a couple of kids doing a survey and i scored a 183. not a big difference but i was surprised that it had risen.

IQs supposedly arent supposed to rise or fall because of the way the test is designed. but ive never really bought into that.
Also just because somebody has a high IQ doesnt mean they are smart- Im a prime example of that lol.

but how people calculated DiVincis and Michaelangelos IQs- I have no idea.
Maybe I should feel bad. Im sitting at 147 in college at least.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Maybe I should feel bad. Im sitting at 147 in college at least.
dude no...dont feel bad! einsteins IQ was estimate somewhere between 150 and 185-nobody really knows because he refused to take a test. Oppenheimer only had a 136! the highest Ive ever heard about was Chris Langan and his was a 195-210 and is supposedly the smartest man in america. To give you an idea how the two ended up,

Oppenheimer went on to the Manhatten project after trying to poison his teacher because he knew he was going to flunk out. He ended up graduating after he agreed to receive psychiatric treatments.

Langan is an Autodidact that got kicked out of college because he couldnt keep up in class but later developed the Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe and is attempting to prove that there is a God, a multiverse, soul, and afterlife mathematically. He was recently diagnosed as being clinically insane.

Bottom line, IQ is really irrelevant.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
dude no...dont feel bad! einsteins IQ was estimate somewhere between 150 and 185-nobody really knows because he refused to take a test. Oppenheimer only had a 136! the highest Ive ever heard about was Chris Langan and his was a 195-210 and is supposedly the smartest man in america. To give you an idea how the two ended up,

Oppenheimer went on to the Manhatten project after trying to poison his teacher because he knew he was going to flunk out. He ended up graduating after he agreed to receive psychiatric treatments.

Langan is an Autodidact that got kicked out of college because he couldnt keep up in class but later developed the Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe and is attempting to prove that there is a God, a multiverse, soul, and afterlife mathematically. He was recently diagnosed as being clinically insane.

Bottom line, IQ is really irrelevant.
I am just above 150 and my little brother scores about 10 points higher yet I am highly ADHD and he is not. As a result he is highly successful in business and I lean toward science based professions and just get by financially speaking. I consider myself a success as I do what I enjoy for less money while he is unhappy with the pressures of his career yet is racking in cash.

I only point this out as an example that IQ is only a small part of the equation. Drive, motivation and mental health issues all play a significant role as does environment in the development of an individual...

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
I am just above 150 and my little brother scores about 10 points higher yet I am highly ADHD and he is not. As a result he is highly successful in business and I lean toward science based professions and just get by financially speaking. I consider myself a success as I do what I enjoy for less money while he is unhappy with the pressures of his career yet is racking in cash.

I only point this out as an example that IQ is only a small part of the equation. Drive, motivation and mental health issues all play a significant role as does environment in the development of an individual...
great input! couldnt agree more! there is so much more important factors than just IQ. I supposedly have ADHD, again I dont know about that but I do take lexapro for some severe anxiety that i developed (again supposedly) in the last few years. Only been on it for 3 months and it has made a world of difference.
It makes the differences between living life and just being here. Its helped more with my focus than any amphetamine or stimulant ever has.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Man and here I am at 123 :( I took two test just now and they were both the same exact score!

T

TexasGuy

Awards
i have heard of people with high iqs who did terrible in school, interesting the way the brain functions on so many levels.
I'm not over 150 but I'm in the 140's.

I was a C student.

I'm now a successful entrepreneur and I'm not talking about a 1099 contractor of some kind eeking out a living.

The difference between good students and poor isn't intelligence in most cases but motivation. If you're smart enough to see the bull**** you'll be hiring the "yes sirs" and johnny on the spots to carry out your visions.

They do it well, homework and arbitrary pride in meeting often more arbitrary deadlines during school trained them to carry out orders sufficiently.

I think aptitude tests are more relevant to success than IQ.

And the bad kids, after being filtered for drive, are going to be the most successful in life. They have balls. Even an average IQ with balls will do better than a super smart head bobber when you include a focused drive to an established goal.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not over 150 but I'm in the 140's.

I was a C student.

I'm now a successful entrepreneur and I'm not talking about a 1099 contractor of some kind eeking out a living.

The difference between good students and poor isn't intelligence in most cases but motivation. If you're smart enough to see the bull**** you'll be hiring the "yes sirs" and johnny on the spots to carry out your visions.

They do it well, homework and arbitrary pride in meeting often more arbitrary deadlines during school trained them to carry out orders sufficiently.

I think aptitude tests are more relevant to success than IQ.

And the bad kids, after being filtered for drive, are going to be the most successful in life. They have balls. Even an average IQ with balls will do better than a super smart head bobber when you include a focused drive to an established goal.
Very well put. I was one of those bad kids. Now all the good kids are living out the lives they projected upon me and I hit the ground running with limitless amounts of potential and a 4.0 at my university. Drive and motivation set the determined apart from everyone else period

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
While I'm not going to start throwing around numbers in this online iq/humblebrag dick measuring contest, I will say that my intelligence has come with a price.

I'd rather be average.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/intelligence-linked-to-bipolar-disorder/0005518
Wow....that study is a summary of my childhood.

Lol not in the sense that i was a swedish or finnish teenager but it correlates pretty well with my situation. I always good grades ans teat scores and look at me now. I have GAD, not the same as bi-polar disorder, but theres alot of studies and evidence thats coming out saying that depreasion, BPD, GAD, and the like all have similar roots and pathology- they are all linked to serotonin levels in the brain.

What would be interesting to find out is out serotonin levels and other neurotransmitter levels correlate to iq and test scores.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
bipolar is nothing that bad compared to other conditions, I agree school has nothing to do with intelligence.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
bipolar is nothing that bad compared to other conditions, I agree school has nothing to do with intelligence.
Given the amount of time I have worked with the mental health field ill just say you have not done your research here. Bipolar disorder can be debilitating it can destroy peoples lives and in a lot of cases those same people end up with addiction issues to deal with... but I guess if your comparing apples and oranges its not that bad if you say compare schizophrenia to it.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Given the amount of time I have worked with the mental health field ill just say you have not done your research here.
what do you do harb?

people forget that bipolarism doesnt only affect the person with the condition-it affects every single person that they associate with and also every other aspect of their lives.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
what do you do harb?

people forget that bipolarism doesnt only affect the person with the condition-it affects every single person that they associate with and also every other aspect of their lives.
I work in the software field. Meta analysis of data for studies & storage/management of patient data and the like. I used to work in the Aerospace field but moved into medical because I have more of an interest in the data.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
I work in the software field. Meta analysis of data for studies & storage/management of patient data and the like. I used to work in the Aerospace field but moved into medical because I have more of an interest in the data.

Gotcha-so somewhere between an EMR and bioinformatics?? sounds like your super specialized and have quite a comfy little niche

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha-so somewhere between an EMR and bioinformatics?? sounds like your super specialized and have quite a comfy little niche
I honestly can work with anything that has a database, I just enjoy this area as I like the idea of helping others and being in software its rare you get the chance to contribute to peoples health.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I know an individual with bipolar disorder and its manageable compared to an individual with chronic depression or severe schizo, no offense but some of you can be rather soft in exaggerating certain conditions or scenarios. Anything can become an issue if not controlled, regardless I would prefer to stay on topic.

T

TexasGuy

Awards
I feel like this thread has taken an irrationally aggressive turn.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I know an individual with bipolar disorder and its manageable compared to an individual with chronic depression or severe schizo, no offense but some of you can be rather soft in exaggerating certain conditions or scenarios. Anything can become an issue if not controlled, regardless I would prefer to stay on topic.
There are varying degrees, but I do understand how this can be confusing unless you deal with it regularly. It is not unlike a broken leg, you can say his leg is broken but there is a world a difference in how it is broken correct? Well mental health is kind of like that to illustrate my point go look at the number of DSM codes for only bipolar http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx20-c.htm

Mental health is not as cut and dry as most think people, as most do not tend to fit into a neat check box for their problems so you get 33 different DSM codes to explain just bipolar.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
There are varying degrees, but I do understand how this can be confusing unless you deal with it regularly. It is not unlike a broken leg, you can say his leg is broken but there is a world a difference in how it is broken correct? Well mental health is kind of like that to illustrate my point go look at the number of DSM codes for only bipolar http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx20-c.htm

Mental health is not as cut and dry as most think people, as most do not tend to fit into a neat check box for their problems so you get 33 different DSM codes to explain just bipolar.
I find anti-social personality disorder to be the most intriguing as no one seems to know how exactly to diagnose due to its broad spectrum and correlation with all other personality disorders. I find personality disorders in general to be interesting to say the least.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I find anti-social personality disorder to be the most intriguing as no one seems to know how exactly to diagnose due to its broad spectrum and correlation with all other personality disorders. I find personality disorders in general to be interesting to say the least.
I hate everybody. Just leave me alone.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
How appropriate while I'm waiting in Walgreens

2013-10-17 16.40.45.png

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
While I'm not going to start throwing around numbers in this online iq/humblebrag dick measuring contest, I will say that my intelligence has come with a price. I'd rather be average. http://psychcentral.com/lib/intelligence-linked-to-bipolar-disorder/0005518
Lol interesting that everyone who decided to post in the IQ thread is of supposedly genius intelligence. Looking at it from an outside perspective that boasting not only seems arrogant but childish. Again that trends on the idea that people with high IQs lack social skills. Something I've definitely witnessed on numerous accounts.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Got a few relatives that are card carrying Mensa members mines a little above average but you wouldn't guess that looking at most of the decisions I've made (been called the smartest dumb motherf--ker some people have ever met)

D

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I have common sense, though not quite a scholar lol