I put my heart and soul into this

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't understand why you are so angry with me Bobo, I am merely defending my advice that you dismissed with a bah, I was being no more rude to you than you were to me, and I really didn't mean anything by my comment about sponsors outside of the fact that you must believe that supps have some merit. I like your site, and am interested in signing up for some nutritional advice from you when you have a space for a new client. Can't we just all get along?...Dim
I get angry when someone suggest I have sponsors for ulterior motives (possibly monetary). This isn't true because I could double the amount of sponsors I have now and up the rate. I could milk this thing very easily and just not give a **** but I don't. Supplements have their place but in this case it doesn't make sense. You don't solve a problem with more supplements. You solve it by identifiying the problem which in this case is diet.

I did not mean to come off as rude but I see this all to often at various boards. People think supplements will fix a dietary problem. It doens't make sense and just wastes money IMO.

Its the whole attitude that rubs me the wrong way. People don't want to fix their diet because its boring. Sound nutrition is boring and dull to most but drugs and supplements are not. THere is a reason why the Anabolic and Supplement sections are viewed much more than the Nutrition section. This is true at almost every board but for some reason people aren't accomplishing their goals.....

wonder why...

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its the whole attitude that rubs me the wrong way. People don't want to fix their diet because its boring. Sound nutrition is boring and dull to most but drugs and supplements are not. THere is a reason why the Anabolic and Supplement sections are viewed much more than the Nutrition section. This is true at almost every board but for some reason people aren't accomplishing their goals.....

wonder why...
I couldn't agree with you more. I, and plenty of others, are guilty of this. Not anymore, I have taken a new look at it. And Bobo is one reason why.

Enough ass kissing.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check is in the mail

:D

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with you quite a bit. I see it like this. Diet is the rough tuning on a radio, exercise is the antenna, and supps are the fine tuning dial. You shouldn't start by messing with the fine tune, you should get the big factors under control and then and only then should you mess with the fine tuning, which may not even make a noticable difference. OK that was a terrible analogy...

I wouldn't be at this board if I thought you were sheisty. I find your boad to be one of the two that are not "supp whores" I come here and to Avant, and that is all...Dim"Supp-Pusher"inuendo

sourinthemind

Awards
Good job DieTrying on all of the hard work over the last several months!

I have been at this game from the reverse perspective (98 lbs weakling) for over 19 years, and I know how hard the process of body improvement can be. I have taken my body from 105 lbs at the age of 15 to 230 lbs today (@ 5% bodyfat). And it has been quite a process. I don't know what your frame of mind is on your future goals for your body but I would like to offer up something that I think you have probably heard again and again. But I am going to say it anyway because I live it and I really believe it:

Self improvement, especially your physique, is a process and not a destination. In order for you to have continued success and continued improvement on your body you will have to get this concept. I think most people focus too much on the end result and not enough on the daily process. Understand that all of this that we do to our bodies is a lifestyle that we live...a process if you will....that we act everyday. Once the process changes, for better or worse, our bodies change with it. This is why people experience the yo-yo effect of dieting. It is also why most of the gym rats never seem to make progress, even after years of time in the gym. Most poeple live out a process that produces what they see in the mirror everyday.

I tell people this all of the time; your body is a reflection of your lifestyle elements...activies, diet, and stress. Change any one of these or a combination of these and your body changes with it (for better or worse).

Good job on your progress, I wish you the best. Just remember, when it comes to working on the "you," you are never done, you are always on the journey. Have a good journey...one that you choose.