I lab tested my Narrows Labs S23 capsules and this is what was found

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just wanted to share with any body that is interested my lab test results that I just got back for my 10 mg capsules of S23. I sent in 5 capsules to Colmaric Analyticals to test if # 1 it had the active compound and # 2 at the advertised dosage. It came back as legit, but slightly under dosed averaging 7.9 mg per capsule. I always run their Sarms so I wanted to make sure I am not throwing away my money.

Certificate.JPG

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did it cost much to get it tested? Nice to see the lab results btw

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've seen and heard good things about narrows labs. My first of this kind of rc brand I tried was recon, and if anything their stuff is overdosed. They also used to have follistatin in 1mg vials.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've seen and heard good things about narrows labs. My first of this kind of rc brand I tried was recon, and if anything their stuff is overdosed. They also used to have follistatin in 1mg vials.
I like them too. I am going to keep running their stuff.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would present them with this document and ask for a refund without having to return the product.... they are lying and falsely advertising what their products have in them.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dosing might not be 100 percent accurate, but at least purity checks out. I can count on one hand the # of companies with legit products. In Narrows I trust.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would present them with this document and ask for a refund without having to return the product.... they are lying and falsely advertising what their products have in them.
It had the active compound in it and at 79% of what they claimed, so I don’t see reason to complain. Maybe if it was like 6mg instead, but 7.9 is pretty good. It’s not uncommon for the doses to be slightly under or over the label claims.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cmon guys, should our standards really be that low for what is considered acceptable? 20% under is crap. And thats the average for the bottle tested; its not like the manufacturer can come back and say "oh but that was only one capsule, test another 5 and theyll all be over!!"

OP, you went to the trouble and expense of testing this sh1t, Id write the manufacturer an email with a copy of the testing document. If you get some free product, gainzzz.

Edit: just read at their website, they have the typical "Not for human consumption" disclaimer. Even better. How can a researcher such as yourself conduct proper tests if his basic materials are unreliable? lol you could really milk this.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are you talking about? Narrows Labs uses the same lab as where he tests for purity. So you thinking he can get a bunch of "Free" stuff cause the dosage didn't come out to exactly 10mg is absurd.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone that trashes a lab as reliable, dependable, and one of the only ones that publicly displays their purity testing with each batch, knows nothing about how labs make supplements, Narrows is one of the only legit labs that is actually reliable.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are you talking about? Narrows Labs uses the same lab as where he tests for purity. So you thinking he can get a bunch of "Free" stuff cause the dosage didn't come out to exactly 10mg is absurd.
No-one is saying it has to come out at exactly 10mg genius. The average is 20% under. That, is crap. Mind you, this is barely legal, grey area commerce so maybe these manufacturers do have us by the balls and can just do whatever the fuk they want.

But wait, you obviously do have standards or you wouldnt be praising this companies purity. They sell "pure" sh1t? Hoorah! So dose it fukin properly. OP has the tests, he should at least try hold them accountable.

Anyone that trashes a lab as reliable, dependable, and one of the only ones that publicly displays their purity testing with each batch, knows nothing about how labs make supplements, Narrows is one of the only legit labs that is actually reliable.
Lol ok shill. No-one is trashing this lab. Dependable? Reliable? Its underdosed. Again, OP has tests, hold the fukers accountable. At the very least, they will know they are not pulling the wool over everyones eyes.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If a gas station gave you 20% less gas would you still get gas there?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But its pure gas, brah!

Lol, look Im not naive enough to expect these type of companies to be honourable. Id rather buy an underdosed product but it contains the actual listed compound, than buy some unknown crap. Im totally on board there. But man, if I had paid for tests like OP, Id be emailing the manufacturer. Respectfully and tastefully. Even if all I got was an apology or 5% code, itd be a concession that they fuked up. And if they didnt concede they dropped the ball, fuk them.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would send them a polite email informing them of the results on the off chance of getting some freebies, personally.

I don't think they're being particularly nefarious or trying to cheat people though, based on those results alone. For all we know maybe their Chinese supplier underdosed the powder and they've unwittingly filled the caps based on that.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Plus or minus 10% (for dosing) is what is considered standard/acceptable in this industry. Manufacturers follow this rule. In general, if you are within 10%...one way or the other, it is considered good to go, but anything beyond that is considered unacceptable, in general. less than ideal. It's good to know it's real S23, though. It should be, as S23 is probably the cheapest SARM to produce.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would send them a polite email informing them of the results on the off chance of getting some freebies, personally.

I don't think they're being particularly nefarious or trying to cheat people though, based on those results alone. For all we know maybe their Chinese supplier under-dosed the powder and they've unwittingly filled the caps based on that.
I doubt they're trying to cheat people, as S23 is so cheap to make that cutting out 20% of the dose would save basically no money. The savings would be miniscule.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beautifully done.. I have no idea where to test it here but it confirms the studies that sarms are underdosed very often and it would be nice to see if anyone find another compound hidden in any Sarm which is a big possibility. Very good info

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm definitely no Schill.

I just speak out against others trying to trash a company that provides pure raws whether its under-dosed or not.

Way to many fly by night companies that are created and under-dose or spike sarms (see CNN study for this) , I'd rather buy an under-dosed, lab tested sarm, from a reputable company vs. buying an unknown mystery brand not knowning what you are going to get. So go ahead bash Narrows all you want, but at least their raws are 99% pure and proven, so as OP pointed out, he knows exactly what he is putting into his body.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I just speak out against others trying to trash a company that provides pure raws whether its under-dosed or not.

Way to many fly by night companies that are created and under-dose or spike sarms (see CNN study for this) , I'd rather buy an under-dosed, lab tested sarm, from a reputable company vs. buying an unknown mystery brand not knowning what you are going to get. So go ahead bash Narrows all you want, but at least their raws are 99% pure and proven, so as OP pointed out, he knows exactly what he is putting into his body.
What if they were pure and 40% under dosed would you still be sneaking out.

wrastler163

Awards
Yea to those saying they'd ask for a refund, send labs out on your RC's and see the results. I'd imagine that 7.9% is near the top for the majority of RC's. Nice to see the labs OP, gonna keep NL's in mind now

wrastler163

Awards

Are you taking the gas you buy to get tested for purity? As far as you know you're already being underdosed

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cmon guys, should our standards really be that low for what is considered acceptable? 20% under is crap. And thats the average for the bottle tested; its not like the manufacturer can come back and say "oh but that was only one capsule, test another 5 and theyll all be over!!"

OP, you went to the trouble and expense of testing this sh1t, Id write the manufacturer an email with a copy of the testing document. If you get some free product, gainzzz.

Edit: just read at their website, they have the typical "Not for human consumption" disclaimer. Even better. How can a researcher such as yourself conduct proper tests if his basic materials are unreliable? lol you could really milk this.
This is exactly what I would do. over 20% gap from what is said on the bottle. You should ask for a refund. I am sure there would even be a lawsuit if this was in the case of protein.

Reactions: Nac
RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I doubt they're trying to cheat people, as S23 is so cheap to make that cutting out 20% of the dose would save basically no money. The savings would be miniscule.
This.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
But its pure gas, brah!

Lol, look Im not naive enough to expect these type of companies to be honourable. Id rather buy an underdosed product but it contains the actual listed compound, than buy some unknown crap. Im totally on board there. But man, if I had paid for tests like OP, Id be emailing the manufacturer. Respectfully and tastefully. Even if all I got was an apology or 5% code, itd be a concession that they fuked up. And if they didnt concede they dropped the ball, fuk them.
^^^ THIS. ^^^

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sure, but how can we now be confident that this shortfall is not across the board on all of their products? Wearing my "Bored, Paranoid and Suspicious As All Fuk" hat, I can think of at least half a dozen scenarios of what could possibly be going on. And one of those scenarios is that maybe their manufacturer is behind any decision to shortfall. Id assume if Narrows Labs are doing any testing, its testing of the raws prior to packaging. Which might mean they are relying on the packaging company's self-reports of standards. Id also assume, then, that NL might want to know of any inconsistency in packaging.

But I doubt NL are not doing any kind of "auditing" of their domestic manufacturer. But the possibilities are endless. Which is why Id email them the results.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you taking the gas you buy to get tested for purity? As far as you know you're already being underdosed
Maybe I am but my point is the OP knows he's been underused. If I knew I was being underdosed I would stop going there

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe I am but my point is the OP knows he's been underused. If I knew I was being underdosed I would stop going there
On the other hand if he goes elsewhere, he has to get tests done again and he will be in the hole another $200, for possible worse results. I'd do as said earlier, send the results to Narrow, and hope for some sort of permanent 20% off discount or something.

wrastler163

Awards
I would bet if you tested 5 RC’s at least 3 would be underdosed or worse have the wrong compound.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Missing 20% of the product = getting ripped off, are you stupid or something? I need guys like you to work for me so I can start paying them 80% of there paycheck. Stop settling for trash and write them a letter with the labwork

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would bet if you tested 5 RC’s at least 3 would be underdosed or worse have the wrong compound.
So that makes it ok?
I'm having a hard time figuring out why you are defending them so heartily, when quite clearly there is a issue (at least to some degree) with their product.
Are you affiliated with them somehow?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look at it this way......if they were charging $50 for this product, and I sent them $40...would they send me the product??
Because that is EXACTLY what they did to the OP. ... They sent him 20% less than what he paid them for.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It had the active compound in it and at 79% of what they claimed, so I don’t see reason to complain. Maybe if it was like 6mg instead, but 7.9 is pretty good. It’s not uncommon for the doses to be slightly under or over the label claims.
I agree with you. I am actually pleased with the test results. 80 percent isn’t bad. Even if I did think I was entitled to a refund it would only be a 20 percent refund since I got 80 percent of the compound. With so many fake sarms out there I plan to continue to run their stuff. Also, keep in mind this was only a test of 5 capsules out of a 69 capsule bottle. It is very possible had I tested all the capsules it could have returned with an even higher percentage of the active compound.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, keep in mind this was only a test of 5 capsules out of a 69 capsule bottle.
Well shiiiiit. I glossed over that crucial bit of info and assumed the test sample was bigger. Lol, christ.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Plus or minus 10% (for dosing) is what is considered standard/acceptable in this industry. Manufacturers follow this rule. In general, if you are within 10%...one way or the other, it is considered good to go, but anything beyond that is considered unacceptable, in general. less than ideal. It's good to know it's real S23, though. It should be, as S23 is probably the cheapest SARM to produce.
Ostarine is at least half the price of S23 on a per mg basis so there is at least 1 cheaper Sarm out there. I also pay almost the same price on a per mg basis for S23 as I do LGD 4033.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree and the sample size was only 5 capsules out of a 60 capsule bottle.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree and the sample size was only 5 capsules out of a 60 capsule bottle.
LOL. That's a 8.5% sampling. As far as samples go, that's huge.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not suggesting that they were attempting to cheat anyone. Only they know their motivation at this point. But apparently they did short him.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I saw a You Tube video where a guy tested RIC Bio’s Ostarine using the same lab I did and it came back at 50 percent. This manufacturer has treated me well and I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with them again. The prices are more than reasonable, they have free next day shipping. I have even had instances that they threw in a free bottle of Sarms just because they took 2 to 3 days to ship out product, rather than one day like they normally do. I didn’t even complain or ask for anything and they did this. Unlike many Sarm manufacturers they also have a no questions asked return policy on unopened product, have a phone number for customer service (rare for Sarms manufacturers), and have a physical office address listed on their website (also a thing many Sarms manufacturers do not list on their website). When I email them about something I always get a response in a matter of hours if it is a business day.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOL. That's a 8.5% sampling. As far as samples go, that's huge.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not suggesting that they were attempting to cheat anyone. Only they know their motivation at this point. But apparently they did short him.
Yeah, all things being equal youd expect 5 random capsules to provide a reliable average measure but, I could anticipate NL saying the sample size was tiny and my instinct would be yeah, 30 caps or more would give more confidence in an accurate average.

True, what are the odds that the 5 caps chosen just happened to be the only ones short? Unlikely. And theres also a chain of command issue here. But I think you and I are in agreeance, it wouldnt cost anything to send NL an email to aware them of this, and expect an apology of some sort.

OP, you wont look like an arsehol3 emailing them. And why wouldnt you contact them about this anyway?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
But I doubt NL are not doing any kind of "auditing" of their domestic manufacturer..
Unlike most manufacturers they test all their raws using the same US lab that performed my test. They also publish all the certificate results on their webpage.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Unlike most manufacturers they test all their raws using the same US lab that performed my test. They also publish all the certificate results on their webpage.
That's a plus, for sure. Please understand...I wasn't bashing the site at all.
I was merely saying that (IMO) it would be prudent to let them know what I had found.
I've owned 2 businesses, and managed 2 others. If I were them (and on the up and up), I would definitely appreciate receiving this info.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree with you. I am actually pleased with the test results. 80 percent isn’t bad. Even if I did think I was entitled to a refund it would only be a 20 percent refund since I got 80 percent of the compound. With so many fake sarms out there I plan to continue to run their stuff. Also, keep in mind this was only a test of 5 capsules out of a 69 capsule bottle. It is very possible had I tested all the capsules it could have returned with an even higher percentage of the active compound.
Correction to this post because it isn’t letting me edit it. It was a 60 capsule bottle, not my favorite number 69 lol!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's a plus, for sure. Please understand...I wasn't bashing the site at all.
I was merely saying that (IMO) it would be prudent to let them know what I had found.
I've owned 2 businesses, and managed 2 others. If I were them (and on the up and up), I would definitely appreciate receiving this info.
I hear what your saying man and can appreciate your perspective. If it were a larger sample size than 5 capsules or the deficiency were greater I would complain.
Their prices are very competitive so even if it is underdosed it is still relatively inexpensive compared to many others. The Sarms industry is shady and I am satisfied with the results of the test and my experiences with this company.