Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice going on those board presses. Congrats on those PR's
Yeah they really aren't significant in any way except I can use them as progress markers to see where my bench is going at certain points. But I know if I can keep them moving all over the comp press will move too!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Care to share some of those benching PRs?
Candy. I ate 3 pull n peel twizzlers last night like it was nothing then read the package. 78g of sugar downed. A bag is 12 ropes. That's 312g of sugar in case you ever need to truly carb load and are minimizing fat. But I was just eating candy and being fat

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see you took up residency at PR city! Good work breh

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1444766733.313866.jpg

4lbs Cajun chicken breast, 4lb turkey chili, 1lb loose ground turkey and a 1lb of whole grain pasta w marinara. $20 at Aldi today, no joke. Sometimes life can be very good to you

turff49

turff49

Awards
Takes care of today, what are you going to eat tomorrow? lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Takes care of today, what are you going to eat tomorrow? lol
Haha oh that's by no means my whole diet. This is only one day of carbs for the house, but protein for 4. Not pictured is eggs, whites, oats, salsas and cheeses, jasmine rice, oats, bananas, pb, bagels, English muffins, whole milk, Muesli, fruity pebbles, tuna, ramen, ravioli, olive oil, pizza, greens.

Definitely eating too much atm - weight is 237 this morning! But dang power has been good on squat and pressing lately

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tonight was 5+ week but my overwarmup of 425 felt excellent so decided to cook while the pan was hot! Biggest gym squat ever and it was easy and deep as the sea.

Duffin Warmup
2 rounds of light rear delt flyes and hammers

Squat on TPB
45x5
135x5
225x5
315x5
385x1
+belt and sleeves
425x1
455x1
480x1 Gym Record
395x7

Beltless Fronts
255x5x5

alt w/ Lat Pulldown
100x5x20

GHR
BWx3x10

Bam. I think 505 was on the table tonight but I'm very pleased - this was a big confidence boost and I'm definitely getting stronger throughout this off-season.

Pump was so bad on the fronts and GHRs thought my legs were gonna pop. This Optimum Alpha Epicatechin is good stuff indeed!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, it's crazy how you're responding so well, and Boone has seen minimal to nothing. Good job on the new gym record Hyde

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Way to kill that session

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
View attachment 125042

4lbs Cajun chicken breast, 4lb turkey chili, 1lb loose ground turkey and a 1lb of whole grain pasta w marinara. $20 at Aldi today, no joke. Sometimes life can be very good to you
Aldi is the best. Weeks of food for pennies. Love it. It's the only place I buy fruits and veggies anymore because it's literally 1/4 or less of the price of even grocery store sales

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man, it's crazy how you're responding so well, and Boone has seen minimal to nothing. Good job on the new gym record Hyde
Ya I'm very surprised as well... Considering its my first straight epi product I'm wondering if I'm on the Jon responder side of the fence. Would be a bummer for sure. I'll prob give one more product (prob epi-plex with some absorption enhancers in it) a shot and then call it for myself.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya I'm very surprised as well... Considering its my first straight epi product I'm wondering if I'm on the Jon responder side of the fence. Would be a bummer for sure. I'll prob give one more product (prob epi-plex with some absorption enhancers in it) a shot and then call it for myself.
I don't know man, but I'll see if I can find Jon responder and tell him to let you come to the other side

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother I noticed positive benefits with both of OL's oral -epicatechin products so I'm not surprised this has been good to me. It's not profound just overall better pump and always seem to have a decent training cycle on it, plus body comp typically improves marginally.

Way to kill that session
Yeah but it killed me lol.

Off-day per schedule then OHP tomorrow and deadlift Friday. Saturday will be a 3rd press, either Slingshot-based if I feel strong or Westside dynamic if I need more active recovery and want a sick pump.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tonight

Doubled Micro Band Pullaparts
4x25 throughout

Strict OHP
45x15, 10, 3, 3
95, 125, 140x 5
160x9 (5+) PR

Incline Bench
220x5x5 Volume PR

Hammer curls
20s x20
+2-1-2 tempo
30s 4x12

Floorpess - All PRs
185x15
195x12
205x12
215x11

My pressing is going off the chain. PR'd my AMRAP on OHP and all of my incline and floor press were PRs across the board. Next week I'm going to incline 5x5 w 2 wheels no doubt.

Part of me just wonders if I needed to gain weight to get better at pressing, but I think more than that it was finally getting comfy w my technique. And better at listening to my body in regards to training.

Deadlift party tomorrow night!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice pressing indeed.

So, you're telling me that when I'm not so dam fat my pressing will go back down?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice pressing indeed.

So, you're telling me that when I'm not so dam fat my pressing will go back down?
All I'm saying it's the most directly tied to BW. You look at a guy going up and down weight classes the one thing that goes up and down with it like wild is bench. Deadlift often improves when you lean out tho.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ask SweetLou321 what Jo Jordan suggested has made the greatest impact on his bench over the course of his lifetime.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I'm saying it's the most directly tied to BW. You look at a guy going up and down weight classes the one thing that goes up and down with it like wild is bench. Deadlift often improves when you lean out tho.
Yeah, my DL has stalled as I've gotten blubbier.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dumb Bro Party tonight. Everyone else can pull 650-700 so I was just trying to hang as long as I could lol. Terrible training but it was fun and I suppose that's really what it's about. Tossed in some heavy lat work.

Deadlift on Texas Deadlift Bar
135x 12, 3
225x6
315x4
365x3
405x3
455x3
495x2
545x1
585x FAIL

Weighted Chins
BW+35 5x5 PR

Neutral Grip Pulldowns
180x3x8

And for your entertainment:

[video=youtube;fC53Y3nHP_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC53Y3nHP_A[/video]

I think if I'd worn straps I could have hitched it out but just need to get better at driving hips through.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wtf. You had that.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great speed off the floor, man. You ever try starting with a flatter back? Your hips were all the way thru, you just couldn't extend your spine at the top. I had a similar issue. Once I flattened my back, it all went.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You had that! Congratulations on the benching PRs!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great speed off the floor, man. You ever try starting with a flatter back? Your hips were all the way thru, you just couldn't extend your spine at the top. I had a similar issue. Once I flattened my back, it all went.
I honestly never thought about it like that. Seems like that would definitely help. Would get me into more of a wedge to get through but shouldn't really lower my hips or affect my shoulders being able to round forward.

My deadlift is missing one small, critical piece as that's how I always miss, I can't get erect at the finish *hey!* I will definitely play with my lower back.

Also realized bar died at my shorts. If I'd had the sense to pull em up and powder my legs like every other max in my life I'd probably made it lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I can't get erect at the finish *hey!* I will definitely play with my lower back.
What kind of kinky shiit are you into that lower back play is what gets you erect at the finish?! ;)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
sps4t.jpg

Nobody showed up at 3 for the afternoon open time, so the guy supposed to man the post left. He's on call, so I called the owner to have him swing by and let me in but he couldn't be reached. Owner was livid. I don't really feel bad for the kid - I don't see what's so difficult about staying by your phone for 2 hours you were supposed to be at work anyway.

I'm not even concerned about "the impact on my progress" lol. I just really wanted to get in there and train. You know what it's like. Ipod on the ride in had me ready to go:

[video=youtube;mHA-3gxxbpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHA-3gxxbpI[/video]​

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You might affect hip height or positioning. You might lose speed off the floor. The weight you can break off the floor may go down. But the weight you can finish will go up, so it's cool.

Plus, as you practice it, you'll get stronger in the new position.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My sinuses have been bad starting Wednesday morning and have been getting crappier each day. Also woke up w back feeling terrible, which is weird cuz it was perfect Friday and Saturday.

Went in to squat and bench against a bunch of tension and anything to distort if all this drainage is actually affecting my performance or if I just feel like crap. Squats made my back hurt so bad I had to skip bench tho. Fat man rows made me feel a bit better, but too trashed to bend over still.
If back feels ok will bench tomorrow.

SSB Parallel Boxsquat
62x5
+doubled minis/side
62x3
+monster mini/side
62x2
152x2
+belt
242x2x2
+40# of chain and foam pad
242x2x2
+sleeves
242x3x2
295x1x2

TRX Fatman Rows
4x15

Once I realized back wasn't gonna let me do anything else I decided to work up on the SSB. The half-rack wasn't bolted down and I had to put 106# of kettlebells on it to barely keep from lifting the rack off the ground when I added the monster minis. I tried them doubled but even w the bells I kept picking up the whole rack on my unrack lol.

Tried my new Titan Yellow Jacket sleeves today. XL was a pain to get on but felt awesome in place.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just too big for xl's..."- Hyde

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just too big for xl's..."- Hyde
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445217893.901441.jpg

Lol they suggest an athlete up to 275lbs could get into Larges for competition. Maybe if he had toothpicks for legs. I could have ordered XXLs honestly; I have to fold and roll these on as it is while cold.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
View attachment 125271

Lol they suggest an athlete up to 275lbs could get into Larges for competition. Maybe if he had toothpicks for legs. I could have ordered XXLs honestly; I have to fold and roll these on as it is while cold.
Holy hell. Those are borderline cutting off circulation ha. That said, super tight give you so much extra spring. It's that fine line between super tight and cutting off blood flow ha

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Holy hell. Those are borderline cutting off circulation ha. That said, super tight give you so much extra spring. It's that fine line between super tight and cutting off blood flow ha
Well, it's not really spring in sleeves so much as warmth and stability. These have a good amount of pile-up behind the knee which helps stop you higher in the hole, which gives me feedback to start reversing sooner. So if I can squat higher it will be easier. I tend to squat very deep if I don't actively try not to. That's fine for front squats and muscle work but not on practice for comp.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tonight was good stuff. Ain't Chinese and some stew yesterday and woke up 238.4, no lie.

Warmup, 2 rounds each
Micro Pullaparts
OHP w bar
BTNP w bar
BW BSS

Bench
45, 95, 135, 165x5
195, 225x3
250x7-8 (5+) PR
+Full Boar Slingshot
275x1
295x1
315x1
335x1 PR
350x1 PR

CGBP 2bd
245x8, 6, 7

BW Dips
18 PR

Rope Hammercurls
50x18, 18, 15

ss w/ Tri Pressdowns
50x8, 8, 8

Pretty sure I got 250x8 tonight, which is 5lb and a rep more than 3wks ago. Boom. And 350 is a 25lb slanger PR. Technically the biggest assisted press of my life. No idea how I PR'd my dips considering this is the heaviest I've ever been but endurance was crazy good tonight.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those bench numbers! SMHS!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow man, things are progressing nicely.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow man, things are progressing nicely.
That's no joke - finally starting to see the endurance aspects of -epicatechin showing up in my workouts as well, which made tonight a breeze, like yesterday.

Tonight

Duffin Warmup
50 Micro Pullaparts

Squat on TPB
45, 135, 225x5
325, 375x3
+belt & sleeves
445x1
415x7 (3+) PR

Beltless Fronts
260x2x5

GHR
12, 10, 10, 10, 8

alt w/ Fatbar Lat Pulldowns
105x5x20

Making great fwd progress on everything in general.

Mentioned I had woke to back pain Sunday, went in and Boxsquat and that really destroyed my back; poor decision. Yesterday it was totally gone and bench was great. Still gone today and everything was banging on all cylinders til the last rep of 2nd frontsquat set. Felt a popping feeling mid left back as I came up. Scared the hell out of me. There's a steady mild discomfort and something isn't right so I called the squatting for now. The fronts were actually awesome on a technical level but injuries often just happen when they something gives. Tomorrow is off anyway so we'll just see where this goes.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear about the back hyde. Let that rest up, you dont wanna push it too far and really screw **** up for a few months. Hope it doesnt stiffen up and worsen on you.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the back hyde. Let that rest up, you dont wanna push it too far and really screw **** up for a few months. Hope it doesnt stiffen up and worsen on you.
Yeah it felt absolutely fine yesterday and today so it was a complete surprise but I'm determined to do whatever I can as I can. If I can't squat for some reason I can prob still trapbar dead/block pull. And GHR, db BSS and dipbelt squats of course. Meanwhile just hammer upper. I'm not worried; as long as I can train something I will progress.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty much what i did when i screwed mine up. Found what didnt hurt and did it til i could do what i wanted again.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah it felt absolutely fine yesterday and today so it was a complete surprise but I'm determined to do whatever I can as I can. If I can't squat for some reason I can prob still trapbar dead/block pull. And GHR, db BSS and dipbelt squats of course. Meanwhile just hammer upper. I'm not worried; as long as I can train something I will progress.
Man on a mission.. full respect for the attitude!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man on a mission.. full respect for the attitude!
Lol I still need to bench 315 straight up. That needs attending.

On a bright note pain is lessened today! We'll see what tomorrow brings.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The ever elusive 315 bench. At least for me. Crazy you can put 100# on squat and deadlift in under a year but only 10-20# on bench (speaking for myself of course.m).

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Still need 315 bench as well I think mine actually went backwards lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The ever elusive 315 bench. At least for me. Crazy you can put 100# on squat and deadlift in under a year but only 10-20# on bench (speaking for myself of course.m).
This is exactly my issue... Ive been steadily progressing in s/d but my bench has almost never progressed hardly at all in like 5 years.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is exactly my issue... Ive been steadily progressing in s/d but my bench has almost never progressed hardly at all in like 5 years.
The Sq/DL must steal bench gains. All the guys in my gym that don't do them bench 315+. lol

turff49

turff49

Awards
315 incline baby!! I envy you flat benchers!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
315 incline baby!! I envy you flat benchers!
There was a fella at one of my old gyms, guy was 6'4" and 330 at least, could incline 405x6 pain free but 315 on flat he had to use like a 4-0-4 tempo it hurt his shoulders so bad. He was awesome.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hyde Supplement Logs 176
Hyde Supplement Logs 333
Hyde Supplement Logs 148
Supplement Logs 129
Cycle Logs 33