Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 30

Decided extra bench work would be more relevant at this point than heavier OHP, as I'm feeling beat up and it's getting close to comp. Kept it simple and brief.

Speed/CAT Bench 45x5, 5, 95x5, 135x5, 185x2x8
Strict OHP 60x10, 110x10x5
Hammer Curls (light, 70-80 reps)
Mini-band Pull-aparts

What's the program, and do you have a copy I can look over?
PM'd

How you liking the cube ? I've met Brandon Lilly nice enough guy
The Kingpin method is totally superior to the original Cube method; it is much more intelligently approached and improved, and if you decide to try the Cube, go straight for the Kingpin method (detailed in 365Strong). It's a very American powerlifting approach; 1x/wk frequency on each lift, OHP for volume is included on the weakpoint/accessory day, lots of bodybuilding accessories are the main drivers for total volume (similar to Westside Conjugate, where about 20% of total volume is derived from a variant of the main lift and 80% from accessory). It's also similar to Westside in that it trains Power, Speed, & Hypertrophy concurrently, albeit in a weekly rotation. It differs primarily in the 1x/wk frequency and the presence of deadlifting EVERY week, and the heavy emphasis on straight weight over bands/chains (as this is aimed totally at Raw lifting), and no boxsquatting (Lilly feels that most people either do it wrong or come to rely on it as a mental crutch).

This is my 2nd time through it, and I think it's a fine general training method, but a poor way to peak for a meet. I won't be using it in contest prep probably again, and I've already been modifying it heavily the last 2 wks or so to be heavier. Also dropping accessory work this last training wk before the full deload leading to comp.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 32

Missed my evening dose of MF yesterday. When I went to the bathroom mid day today....way more effort than usual. Kind of forgot what it was like to have to put any effort into it. MF certainly makes a palpable difference. Tubs getting low :(

Tonight:

Wk9, Rep Deadlift

Deadlift 115x10, 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 365x1, 405x1, 430x5x4 sets
4" Blockpulls 455x3x3 sets
Palms-Facing Pulldowns (Various Grips) 120, 130, 140, 150, 160x15
Widegrip Low Cable Rows 100, 125, 150 x15, 175x10, 12
Revers Hyper 90x15x3 sets

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 35

Today....was the end of Muscle Fiber :( It got me 5wks of average usage, about 2 scoops/day. I'll post a full, detailed review this weekend because I wanna make sure I go over everything people might be wondering about. But the short story for now: good stuff. Anyone wanting to make it easier to go with no bloat, added sugar or nasty tastes should pick some up right now. Better than what you'll find at supermarket, easily.

Yesterday
Wk9. Bench

Comp grip Bench 45x5, 135x5, 185x5, 205x3, 225x1, 245x1, 265x1, 285x1
- with Slingshot 315x1, 335xMiss (not sure why I even attempted this?)
CGBP 245x4
Comp grip 250x4-5 (can't remember)
Pause on 1" Board 215x8, 8
HS Icline 70/side x4-5 sets
D-handle Low Cable Row 140x4-5 sets

I'll probably post my last training sessions in here, and videos next week of the meet if Tyga gets some for me there :) Review this weekend!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I saw "Day 35" I thought, Man His Jug Must Have Been Bigger Than Mine but I see you are out. Looking forward to your final review, wondering if your experience was similar to mine.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, my friends wedding is that weekend :( I completely forgot and I'm in it! That's a bummer dood.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 36

Wk9, Heavy Squat

Comp Stance Squat 49x5, 5, 139x5, 229x5, 319x3, 369x1, *added belt* 409x2, 429x1, 449x1, 359x8 (PR?)

No assistance; it's recovery/deload time now. Anything else I do will be light AND low volume; maybe a bloodflow day tomorrow and some practice sessions this week, but it's time to let all the joints heal up and the CNS to get ready to earn its salt.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice, Hyde.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very nice, Hyde.
Thank you good sir. 449 felt pretty good, certainly heavy, but never did I feel like this was my absolute limit. 480 might be a stretch, but I think 475-480 is on the table, and I intend to do it come Saturday.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Final Review

Muscle Fiber
1) This product improved my recovery… 3 - Neutral. My recovery did increase over my time using this product, but based on everything else I was using, I cannot directly attribute this to MF.

2) This product improved my sense of well-being… 4 - Agree. When you can manage to digest more smoothly on a bulk, like I've been, life just goes better. It's hard enough eating when you don't really feel like it; best to keep things moving out as fast as they're coming in.

3) This product had a positive effect on my digestive system… 5 - Strongly agree. See above statement. MF would always make me able to go, without the speed/necessity of a laxative or the mega-purge feel of psyllium husk. It just let me go, as I normally would, no matter what I was eating on a routine predictable basis.

4) This product improved my overall physical performance, including endurance and stamina… 3 - Neutral. Again, for the same reasons as increased recovery, I can't isolate this to MF at all, so it's a moot evaluation here. I can tell you that there was a day I had to deadlift where I'd consume no MF yet that day and made a shake of waxy maize and protein RIGHT before training w/ a lot of liquid and I was so immensely bloated it was inhibiting performance terribly. It was amazing how bad it messed with me. That was the only time I was mega-bloated during my time w/ MF, and I hadn't consumed any yet that day.

5) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family... 5 - Strongly agree. Twice while I had this product my gf had some problems going. The first time I offered it, she begrudgingly accepted the help. The second time, she came asking me for some! I'd recommend this product to anyone looking for better regularity, and anybody already supplementing w/ glutamine should swap in MF instead. I think they'll be pleasantly surprised.

Overall: 5 - as a fiber supp alone, MF stands tall above the competition. Mixes perfectly, no detectable taste or texture, works in shakes, batters, water, drinks of any kind. No artificial colors, no weird odors, no added sugars or sweeteners or flavoring. Just throw it into anything, as much as you need for your goals. Even 1 scoop/day made a difference, and 4 was much more than I needed. 2/day divided was the sweetspot over time for me. My lone beef is the tub needs to be shorter, wider, or the scooper longer, but as a product MF should be your go-to regularity increaser.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the very thorough review, Hyde.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your results this weekend.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
^^ definitely, both of those :yup:
as always, we appreciate your valuable feedback & keen insight - always something cool to learn in one of your threads
best to you in the comp!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Thanks man for a most excellent and detailed review!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good job on the comp squat bro!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As usual, fantastic logger, and very thorough review.... you da man Hyde! Thanks bro.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks a lot, gentlemen! It was a pleasure. Unfortunately, I can already tell a difference in movements not using MF :( Time to get some more I guess!

Appreciate the support; I'll update next week to comment on how the meet went :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did some bro stuff (arms, shoulders, calves) sunday evening; light & pump-heavy over maybe 40 min. Practiced the big 3 monday 3x8 each @ 30%, and benched up to 215 (70%) for 3 singles tonight. One more 3x8@30% practice tomorrow, then friday is weigh, eat, rest.

Looks like tyga tyga will be coming to the meet after all on saturday!

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Woo!

Can't wait to see how you do, bro.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dats rite mayne 8)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hyde was 3/3 on squats. Dudes beasting

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I screen grabbed it...

Very nice Hyde!!
Sorry to disappoint my man....it was only 479.5....but I'll claim 480 :beerchug:

[video=youtube;vJQvwCHzq4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJQvwCHzq4I&list=UUWGh-0bq5gyNWJWjU2zsPmA[/video]

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Benched 287 here on my 2nd attempt; one of the judge's was calling everyone w/ a superarch for buttlift so I had to use this crappy modded stance I hacked together last minute. 303 barely got halfway up on my 3rd attempt, so that was a wash.

[video=youtube;-wgZkAntGok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wgZkAntGok&list=UUWGh-0bq5gyNWJWjU2zsPmA[/video]

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Smoked 562 on my 3rd deadlift attempt - should have called for 578 at least, probably more. I got so much crap from the rest of the STL gang for just "warming up on stage" lol. But it was still a 28lb meet PR.

[video=youtube;Z1mcH01CvfI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1mcH01CvfI&list=UUWGh-0bq5gyNWJWjU2zsPmA&spfreload=1[/video]

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
nice lifts - yeah that dead looked pretty damn light brogan :hitwithrock:

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice, my friend. Your squats and deads are so heavy...

Lol at your girls' evil laugh.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All in all it was an awesome meet - 17lb PR on my squat, 6 on my bench, 28 on deadlift and a 61lb PR on my total, which was 1,328. Very rewarding day.

I think I'm gonna hold off on competing til spring, or whenever I can hit 500/300/600 for a 1,400lb total.

Killed some Famous Dave's BBQ before we all disbanded. Got to hang w/ my man tyga tyga later after dinner, and his lovely wife and her cousin. We hit up the downtown area and I finally got to try these epic Maple Bacon longjohns from Hurts Donuts Tyga was telling me about - he wasn't playing around; they were awesome! Really good time, and I hope to see them all again for sure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very nice, my friend. Your squats and deads are so heavy...

Lol at your girls' evil laugh.
That was this gal from STL that was competing as well; I handled her all day and she did my bench & dead vids - she pulled 392 weighing 165. She was cackling because it was so damn light, and you can see another one of our crew in the back in the light blue sleeveless shirt like "WTF" when he realized how easy it was after thinking he was gonna have to cheer me on. He pulled 600.8 at 198 yesterday.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on handling her...

These lifts.. You use ammonia?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
nice lifts - yeah that dead looked pretty damn light brogan :hitwithrock:
I was cranked up on dmaa and other stims, blasting Slipknot up til right before, and people were smacking my back and cursing at me while I was hitting Nosetork before they pushed me onto the platform lol. I could have probably lifted a Buick right then, ala Franco Columbo.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the great day ma man.
Thank you! It really was all worth it in the end - it validated all the sweat and effort, every time I just wanted to puke or go home and quit and instead I sucked it up and kept moving that barbell, did that extra set or those extra reps when I wanted to say "that's good enough" for the day. It's not about overcoming the competition - it's about overcoming yourself.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hmm good stuff on your meet and glad you got the results you were looking for. Will be keeping an eye out now to see where ya take this

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Bench looked tight. I bet if you went for 297 instead of 303 it was your bitch. Squat and dead... Yeah don't need to say much.

I'm jelly man I would have been all about going downtown and eating doughnuts and famous Dave's. Would have been a fun crew to grab a drink or two and some grub with Thats for sure

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully a lot further!
Cant wait dude! We have similar goals in mind so lets get after it! Ya know right after a little downtime lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bench looked tight. I bet if you went for 297 instead of 303 it was your bitch. Squat and dead... Yeah don't need to say much.

I'm jelly man I would have been all about going downtown and eating doughnuts and famous Dave's. Would have been a fun crew to grab a drink or two and some grub with Thats for sure
It certainly would have stood a better chance; I actually got 303 halfway up (seemed lower in my mind) so time for some heavy sets of 5 in the Slingshot. 1" Pause Presses really gave me some good starting strength. You'd have had a great time; Tyga is a very cool dude and you guys would get along great.

Cant wait dude! We have similar goals in mind so lets get after it! Ya know right after a little downtime lol
For sure - I need to get my bodyfat and back looking like yours lol

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
It certainly would have stood a better chance; I actually got 303 halfway up (seemed lower in my mind) so time for some heavy sets of 5 in the Slingshot. 1" Pause Presses really gave me some good starting strength. You'd have had a great time; Tyga is a very cool dude and you guys would get along great. For sure - I need to get my bodyfat and back looking like yours lol
Triceps triceps triceps. Floor presses cgbp and skulls. Maybe hit up that Swiss bar.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great Lifts a PR is always Good !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work man you killed it sucks about having to change your bench set up for someone who doesn't like the arching.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work man you killed it sucks about having to change your bench set up for someone who doesn't like the arching.
Yeah, but it is what it is - like asking the judges what you need to work on after a show, except at least I can adjust on the fly in real time while the contest is still rolling!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hyde Supplement Logs 176
Hyde Supplement Logs 186
Hyde Supplement Logs 333
Supplement Logs 129
Cycle Logs 33