Hyde's Freaky Muscle Fiber Log

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I don't like a fixed diet, or counting calories (especially while bulking) so I just try to make steady progress for now. 1lb/wk would be perfect.
boldened is my own goal as well..(albeit with different foods & methodology)
BUT - how on earth do you expect to make that happen by guessing about how much you consume?
I mean it's pretty simple to do, if you know your bmr and how much to adjust it for your own activity output......
3500 extra cals a week translates to 1lb gained per week, roughly speaking

oh - and you were in indy and dint let me know?
I no longer like you :28:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keeps the wrists supported and a little straighter.
This, and if you crank them tight you'll cut circulation to your hands. This is helpful for two reasons - your wrists cannot falter/provide the most direct power transfer possible, and (more importantly to me) the weight feels lighter in your hands since the nerves can't register it as well. This tricks the CNS into believing the load is lighter than it really is. Helps cut down on that "Oh sh!t this is so dang heavy!" panic response.

boldened is my own goal as well..(albeit with different foods & methodology)
BUT - how on earth do you expect to make that happen by guessing about how much you consume?
I mean it's pretty simple to do, if you know your bmr and how much to adjust it for your own activity output......
3500 extra cals a week translates to 1lb gained per week, roughly speaking

oh - and you were in indy and dint let me know?
I no longer like you :28:
I know HOW to do it, I just don't prefer to keep a strict diet. I'm eating whatever I really want atm. I have no doubt that if I drew up a diet, crunched a few numbers, and stuck to it, it would be very easy to fine tune gain/loss. But I'm getting it done as is, so I'm happy :)

And I actually thought of you, driving to Indy - wish we had some time; it was a bit of a rush deal really :(

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 18

Gf was feeling very constipated and bloated late last night; gave her 2 scoops of MF before we went to sleep to help her move it along (her diet is undoubtedly lacking in fiber). Haven't got to see her yet today so not sure if things have panned out yet. You could tell she was trying to find something gritty or nasty to complain about, but she just shrugged and admitted it was just like drinking straight water lol.

Tested Deadlift tonight. Dropped most of the accessory work after. My squat and bench have been progressing, but tonight confirmed my fears: my programming has had me pulling far too much volume while staying way too light. My deadlift has probably gone down :( But I was EXHAUSTED going into the session so it could have been an off day too. I'm stupid strong off the floor, so dropping deficit pulls and adding more block work or rackpulls last 2 wks.

Wk 7, Heavy Dead

Deadlift 135x10, 225x5, 315x2, 365x1, 405x1
- added belt 455x1, 475x1, 495x1, 515x1 (absolute grinder, but no hitch and locked it out w/ my glutes), 405x5+3 *rest/pause*
Lat Pulldown, Various Width Neutral Grips 120, 130, 140, 150, 160 x15, 170x10

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
. You could tell she was trying to find something gritty or nasty to complain about, but she just shrugged and admitted it was just like drinking straight water lol.

Tested Deadlift tonight.

Wk 7, Heavy Dead

Deadlift 135x10, 225x5, 315x2, 365x1, 405x1
- added belt 455x1, 475x1, 495x1, 515x1 (absolute grinder, but no hitch and locked it out w/ my glutes), 405x5+3 *rest/pause*
Sounds exactly like something my wife would do. Lol

Your deads are crazy strong...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds exactly like something my wife would do. Lol

Your deads are crazy strong...
They're weaker now it would seem than they have been in almost 2 years. I don't get it. I seriously hope it's just because I was absolutely exhausted before I went. Could have went to bed after work, but took a bunch of preworkout and had to keep telling myself to get it together. I'm going for broke come meet day though; I'm opening with 500 and then 540 for a small PR and then 3rd is totally whatever I feel.

Off day today.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Yep. That happens when we try pushing ourselves too much. Exhaustion always wins.

When is your meet, late October right?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep. That happens when we try pushing ourselves too much. Exhaustion always wins. When is your meet, late October right?
Yeah it is! Wanna know how I know? Cuz I'm gonna go kick it with this dude lolol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where is the meet?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 20

So, Finaflex, this is my first (and hopefully last) complaint about Muscle Fiber - the jar is either too tall, or the diameter is too narrow. I have relatively small, girly hands and it's a bear to get my hand in and get a scoop of MF out. I'd strongly suggest changing the tub shape for future runs if this bad boy stays around for the long haul. I fight this tub every time lol

Well, today was a good day. Took opener, 2nd attempt, and even went a bit heavier.

Wk7, Rep Bench

Bench 45x5, 5, 95x5, 135x5, 185x3, 225x1, 245x1, 265x1, 285x1, 295x1 w/ fingers from spotter, 230x5, 5
CGBP 240x2, 2
1" Pause off Chest 225x5, 5
Widegrip Lat Pulldowns 140x15x4
Side Raises ss w/ Front Raises 20s x10/10 x3 sets

285 off my chest (after the obligatory pause) moved QUICK. 300 is happening this meet unless God Himself decides otherwise. But for my end, I'm ready to do this.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unrelated, but this just makes me snort every time I run into it:

[video=youtube;1xT5VYEVTlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xT5VYEVTlQ[/video]

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I do hear ya on the container shape - perhaps with a longer scoop, it would solve the issue
we are looking into alternatives

turff49

turff49

Awards
I do hear ya on the container shape - perhaps with a longer scoop, it would solve the issue we are looking into alternatives
Maybe a pour spout on the top?

turff49

turff49

Awards
The only problem with a pour spout is measuring... if you pour into a little scoop you are likely to have waste...
I'm going to see if I can create one this weekend. Start drilling small and enlarge until I figure out the right size. I can't get my hand down in mine so I have to use 2 fingers holding the scoop. End up with it all over my fingers. I'm thinking a pour spout like on Morton salt would work well if it was small enough.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think a long handle scoop would be the easiest and least cost

turff49

turff49

Awards
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about a long snort-straw?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What about a long snort-straw?
Straight to the dome! Now there's an interesting idea.... :trink26:

Had some of this deliciousness thursday night....pumpkin pudding ftw!

photo (5).JPG

Btw, Muscle Fiber mixes incredibly in every shake/pudding/batter I've tried yet. It goes in anything, any drink perfectly (so long as you're going to drink it fairly quickly, as it will settle over time). Gonna try it straight up just to see how it tastes solo soon lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 23

I've been going 2x/day a lot last few days, so backed down to just 2 servings of 1 scoop/day (I'm eating a pretty decent volume of food on training days too).

Training has been awesome. Felt extremely strong/stable squatting last night, and this morning's press/accessory day was a sweaty, ferocious smashathon. Last night:

Wk7, Explosive Squat

Usual warmup of stationary bike, abductor machine, lunges, hip stretches
Comp Stance Squat 45x5, 5, 135x5, 225x5, 315x3, 330x2x5 sets, 405x1 (Opener)
w/ Reverse Light Bands 475x1
Oly Squat 355x3x3
Beltless Pause Squat 315x5, 5
Seated Leg Curl 110x15, 120x15, 15
Back Extensions +45x12, 55x12, 80x12, 90x12

Today's Accessory

Standing Strict OHP 45x10, 95x5, 135x5, 155x2, 175x4 ds 155x3 ds 135x6, 135x9 (PR)
Mini-Swissbar JM Press w/1 light band, 2 light bands for 2 sets, +20lbs for 2 sets
Thick Rope Pressdown worked down the stack for sets of 5 til I could only do singles, then back up same way+burnout near top
Ezbar Curls 40x20, 50x15, 15, 16, 12
Calf Raises w/ Cable 100, 120x3 sets, 140x2 for a billion reps
Hanging Leg Raises BWx10x3

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice lifts...

That pumpkin pudding sounds pretty good. And I have also found the Muscle Fiber to mix great into everything...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 26

In buddy. Kill it at your meet.
Glad to have you - I sure as heck plan to bring my best out!

Nice lifts...

That pumpkin pudding sounds pretty good. And I have also found the Muscle Fiber to mix great into everything...
It was legit - try it sometime if you get the chance.

Today's an off-day from the gym. Like I mentioned before, I've backed down to 2 single scoop servings/day of Muscle Fiber, and this seems to be perfect for me. Get this: last night the gf actually asked me if she could have a couple scoops of MF since she felt like she needed some assistance - looks like Finaflex made another fan, this one in just a single previous sample.

Yesterday was
Wk 8, Explosive Deadlift

Deadlift 135x10, 5, 225x5, 315x3, 380x2x6 sets, 45 sec rests
4" Blockpulls 405x5, 5, 5, 425x5, 445x5, 465x1, 485x1

I dropped my deficit pulls and added an additional speed set and all the block work above 405 - I'm stupid strong off the floor, but my lockout is struggling.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are some heavy blockpulls... nice.

Glad to hear you were able to assist the gf too! lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those are some heavy blockpulls... nice.

Glad to hear you were able to assist the gf too! lol
Gonna have to buy some just to keep her happy lol

The pulls kicked my butt w/ the relatively high volume for the weight, but hopefully it transfers to my lockout when I'm on the platform.

Tonight
Wk 8, Heavy Bench

Comp Grip Bench 45x5, 5, 135x5, 185x5, 205x1, 225x1, 245x1, 265x1, 1, added elbow sleeves and wristwraps for 285x1, 290x1, lost em for 215x10
HS Mid Row 90/sidex15, 115x15, 125x15, 15 ds 90x10
Side Raises 15x8, 20x10, 25x10, 30x10
Front Raises 25x10, 30x10, 35x10
Ezbar Tri Ext 70x15, 15, 12, 50x20, 20
Highpulls 137x10 (buddy was doing them and I was being dumb)

300 is gonna be mine.

Preworkout meal was so bomb. Just digests easy and you can workout so soon on it:

Carmel Mocha Rice Pudding
-Baby Food Rice Flour (get it in the babyfood section)
-2 scoops choc pro
-1 tsp instant coffee
-WF cal-free caramel syrup
-hot water/almond milk to desired consistency
-1-2 tbsp coconut oil
-Muscle Fiber (duh!)

Heat, stir, enjoy, smash weights :)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good work on the bench buddy. Baby food for gainz.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lol baby food is actually great!

Pureed versions of everything for my baking :)

Glad I'm not the only one

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would 300 be a PR?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol baby food is actually great!

Pureed versions of everything for my baking :)

Glad I'm not the only one
I found it by accident, actually. I realized it was just one step further than Cream of Rice, so I gave it a whirl. I've gone through 3 boxes of the stuff. But I know some people use it if they're having GI issues or don't really have the appetite for whole food, or if they're traveling and wanna keep it all clean and easy to eat anywhere anytime without refrigeration.

Would 300 be a PR?
300 is my best touch-n-go gym record, done at this bw but higher bf% last year around october. 281 is my competition PR, and that 290 was done with a competition pause. I wanna see 300 at the meet, and I'm going to do it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
. I wanna see 300 at the meet, and I'm going to do it.
I have no doubt.

In competition, how long is the pause, and does this apply to squats also?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have no doubt.

In competition, how long is the pause, and does this apply to squats also?
The press command is generally given as soon as the chest is touched (especially in shirted lifting, as the judges know it's very tough to touch in a shirt), but sometimes the judge can be brutally harsh. I've seen them make the bencher do a full-on 1-2 sec pause.

Squats there is no pause, and furthermore it's extremely subjective when and whether depth is achieved. The rules say the hinge of the hip must be at or below parallel w/ the top of the knee to constitute proper depth, but it's tough to tell when you're moving fast. Nobody ever got red-lighted for squatting deep though :)

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
I used to suck at pausing. Now my 1RM with a competition pause is at most 10lbs under my TnG. Just takes time/practice

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question: when first dosing Muscle Fiber did you experience any bloating? When I use Metamucil fiber my stomach area bloats about an inch. I'm looking for a new fiber supplement.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Question: when first dosing Muscle Fiber did you experience any bloating? When I use Metamucil fiber my stomach area bloats about an inch. I'm looking for a new fiber supplement.
I get this with some as well, it us usually soluble fibres that will cause some bloat, and insoluble are the ones promoting regularity.

Regardless, MuscleFiber caused no initial bloat for me

turff49

turff49

Awards
No bloat for me either. Bloat actually went away as I bloated easy.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I too, have experienced no bloat. Mind you I am dosing 2 scoops before bed - so perhaps wouldn't notice.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am a member of the No Bloat, Finaflex Muscle Fiber = Less Bloat club

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get this with some as well, it us usually soluble fibres that will cause some bloat, and insoluble are the ones promoting regularity.

Regardless, MuscleFiber caused no initial bloat for me
Metamucil actually expands itself. Not sure if it's the psyllium husk or what.

I mixed some and forgot to drink it, and the next morning it was twice the size and a soft solid. Grossed me out.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Metamucil actually expands itself. Not sure if it's the psyllium husk or what. I mixed some and forgot to drink it, and the next morning it was twice the size and a soft solid. Grossed me out.
Soluble fibres bulk and absorb water in the GI tract, adds bulk to stools

Nurses need to be specific instead of just telling people to eat more fibre, different issues will see benefit from soluble vs insoluble.

When I was in for my endoscopy they were briefing a guy with diverticulosis to just eat more fibre. "Read labels and get at least 25g"

Even thickeners and gumming agents, some sweeteners as well, are listed as fibre

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haven't experienced bloating on a single dosing; that being said, it most certainly helps promote movements. Also important - not immediately. So I can take it preworkout and not need to go til later on or even the next day depending on my previous movement. This is awesome if you're drinking it on the go. For example, gf used a couple scoops other evening when she felt blocked up, and went the next day mid morning. But regular use certainly seems to improve regularity.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 29

Still have a fair amount of MF left, using an average of at least 2 scoops/day. So a tub will definitely last you a month with mild usage.

Starting to feel like I need a deload really bad, especially since I've been including a lot of heavier work than the program originally calls for last couple wks. I realize that's why I'm getting fatigued (in addition to my physical job) but I simply don't believe I can get under 480lbs on meet day without ever squatting heavier than 415 or so the whole training cycle (as programmed, I would have yet to even see 400 at 15 days out). Cutting my accessory work heavily to help drive a bigger recovery compensation come meet day. One more wk to train.

Tonight

Wk8, Rep Squat (but not really)
Comp Stance Squat 45x5, 5, 135x5, 225x5, 315x3, 365x1 *added belt* 405x1, 455x1 (2nd attempt?), 405x3, 375x5, 4, 315x3 beltless
Lying Leg Curls 100x15x3 sets
Back Extensions BWx15x4 sets

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the program, and do you have a copy I can look over?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hyde Supplement Logs 176
Hyde Supplement Logs 186
Hyde Supplement Logs 333
Supplement Logs 129
Cycle Logs 33