MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i agree to a point, its not like were going to smoke crack and run a marathon. lol

whole point is to induce doms- regardless of which method of training we are doing. this was a big discussion on the bcaa thread a few weeks ago, which lead me to my review. which then slowly led to this.

i have a little knowledge of weights and training. worse case the sand weights my dad bought from Sears are in good shape, so that's a plus
LOL @ the crack and a marathon! More so just offering respect up for someone who is keeping the course for the betterment of their goals. Not saying doing whatever you are doing would actually derail him in anyway. However if he feels it will not offer added benefit to his pursuit of his goal then kudos to him for staying the course. That indeed takes discipline that I do not always have. I often get sucked into things like that. Not like I don't make progress doing so but not always progress toward what was my initial goal. Several times I have been planning on working on strength and get sucked into a transformation contest or something. I end up looking great but not really a lot stronger. So I respect the laser like focus some people apply to their training. My ADHD permeates my training and diet so I have to work hard to keep to one program, or plan for any length of time.

Man I remember those concrete weights leaking sand / crushed concrete all over the place when they cracked.

I get DOMS from my progression as is honestly, hence me using BCAAS intra to limit it. I'm basically already doing it with you guys in spirit!

And on that note: today was one of those days where you have to push with everything just to get it done. Had to hit the Nosetork for a set even. Lats were still smoked so they'll be done tomorrow, and abs tonight.

Stationary Bike, Rower, BW Squats, TRX Rows

Deadlift on stiff bar
135, 225x6
315x3
405x2
475x1 clean but heavy as heck
+belt here on out
440x3x6

3" Blockpulls
475x2x3

Hi Bar Squat
135, 225x5
315x2x6

I just want to thank Pantera, As I Lay Dying, Rob Zombie and of course Dieselade. I couldn't have done it without you.
Way to push through, sounds like this time was indeed work!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
LOL @ the crack and a marathon! More so just offering respect up for someone who is keeping the course for the betterment of their goals. Not saying doing whatever you are doing would actually derail him in anyway. However if he feels it will not offer added benefit to his pursuit of his goal then kudos to him for staying the course. That indeed takes discipline that I do not always have. I often get sucked into things like that. Not like I don't make progress doing so but not always progress toward what was my initial goal. Several times I have been planning on working on strength and get sucked into a transformation contest or something. I end up looking great but not really a lot stronger. So I respect the laser like focus some people apply to their training. My ADHD permeates my training and diet so I have to work hard to keep to one program, or plan for any length of time.

Man I remember those concrete weights leaking sand / crushed concrete all over the place when they cracked.

Way to push through, sounds like this time was indeed work!
indeed bro- for 43- very impressive. have to ask when you turned as i just turned myself- i remember my dad bought me the DP bench back in the day and yes the sand! OMG- i remember one time i had my friend come over and i emptied out sand from the 25's- LOL oh the good old days.

as far as the getting sucked in, trust me i know what you mean. Goal about 7 years ago was to get to 225 - from 205 in 6 months- as easy as some people think bulking is, let me tell you this was f'ing tuff- had good PH to use, but that was it. after the scale hit 226, i was done- staying focused on that plan was intense

back now to just about 200 now- if i get to 210 by the summer great- it gets harder when were older and adding kids into the mix, im kind of limited to my workouts.

and completely understand your post-

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I get DOMS from my progression as is honestly, hence me using BCAAS intra to limit it. I'm basically already doing it with you guys in spirit!

And on that note: today was one of those days where you have to push with everything just to get it done. Had to hit the Nosetork for a set even. Lats were still smoked so they'll be done tomorrow, and abs tonight.

Stationary Bike, Rower, BW Squats, TRX Rows

Deadlift on stiff bar
135, 225x6
315x3
405x2
475x1 clean but heavy as heck
+belt here on out
440x3x6

3" Blockpulls
475x2x3

Hi Bar Squat
135, 225x5
315x2x6

I just want to thank Pantera, As I Lay Dying, Rob Zombie and of course Dieselade. I couldn't have done it without you.
Oh hell yes - Pantera- any slip knot in the mix?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Completely agree Hyde, gotta stick with the program.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Funny you say that: one of my absolute favorites to deadlift to, but I saved them. Otherwise I'd go all out and be too tired to finish the routine!

Hit the chalk bowl and got my mind right:

http://youtu.be/Nru6uZt9QK0

hell yea-

overkill, slayer, bio hazard- etc

I avoid listening to any metal outside the gym- most of the time- because it always seems that you get those times when you say to yourself " f this, im done, wtf, etc" instead of leaving-

slayer- diablous in musica
track 2 please

now fyucking rackem lets do this

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice choices... for me Slipknot, Pantera, Lamb of God, Mudvayne are in heavy rotation in the garage.
I listen to such a cluster of different types and genre's when working out. There is one common thread, intensity. Doesn't matter if metal, rap, or something in between, you can be sure it is intense in either musicality or lyrical motivation. I like to listen to Rob Bailey and the Hustle Standard a lot too but it is not really fast, just intense both musically and lyrically. When my workout mix is on I might go from SlipKnot to DMX, to Tech-9, to The Prodigy, to Metallica, NWA, POD, Guns & Roses, RB & the HS, or any mix of Deathstep, Dubstep. You never know what might be coming on next.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I listen to such a cluster of different types and genre's when working out. There is one common thread, intensity. Doesn't matter if metal, rap, or something in between, you can be sure it is intense in either musicality or lyrical motivation. I like to listen to Rob Bailey and the Hustle Standard a lot too but it is not really fast, just intense both musically and lyrically. When my workout mix is on I might go from SlipKnot to DMX, to Tech-9, to The Prodigy, to Metallica, NWA, POD, Guns & Roses, RB & the HS, or any mix of Deathstep, Dubstep. You never know what might be coming on next.
totally agree- I will throw in some old school Eric B- Big Daddy Kane, Public Enemy- whatever it takes- even some old Johnny V or banging techno sets- anything but celine dion

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
totally agree- I will throw in some old school Eric B- Big Daddy Kane, Public Enemy- whatever it takes- even some old Johnny V or banging techno sets- anything but celine dion
Oh yeah by the way I turned 43 February 1st. I forgot you asked that somewhere above.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah by the way I turned 43 February 1st. I forgot you asked that somewhere above.
You ever ran Diesel Test Procycle? Didnt do nothing for me 10 yrs ago....now sht I walk in the gym huffing and puffing ready 2 go on 3 tabs preworkout

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You ever ran Diesel Test Procycle? Didnt do nothing for me 10 yrs ago....now sht I walk in the gym huffing and puffing ready 2 go on 3 tabs preworkout
No I ran Diesel Test Hardcore and it was a good product for sure. I might have to give it a try after my next PH run I am starting in the next few weeks. I like something that boosts free testosterone really well after a PH run when going back to the TRT only dose it makes a huge difference in how I feel.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
No I ran Diesel Test Hardcore and it was a good product for sure. I might have to give it a try after my next PH run I am starting in the next few weeks. I like something that boosts free testosterone really well after a PH run when going back to the TRT only dose it makes a huge difference in how I feel.
At 43. Trust me....procycle

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I'll be happy if I looked and as strong as 1/2 of you when I turn 43 which is in two years. What ever it is your doing...your doing it correctly.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
happy birthday

jan 25 for me
Happy Belated Birthday yourself then!

I'll be happy if I looked and as strong as 1/2 of you when I turn 43 which is in two years. What ever it is your doing...your doing it correctly.
Thanks brother! I have about 30 years of training under my belt, now it is just a matter of improving what I have instead of trying to build more. Trying to improve on performance and conditioning now and not worry about size.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Bunch of youngsters in here! You guys are just now starting the journey. It only gets better!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lots of mini pullaparts and facepulls
Mashed hip and groin and piriformis like mad

Bench on Tex Power Bar
45, 45, 95, 135, 185x5
225x3
255x3x2

CG 2board
275x2x2

Incline Bench
215x2x5

Couple sets of TRX Fatman Rows

2 50' Frame Runs w only 280

Yesterday must have taken a lot out of me; everything was heavier than normal. Back wasn't having the frame carries today so shut it down after first warmups. Going back tomorrow afternoon for some upper muscle work.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looked solid, but hate when the weight just feels heavier than normal.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looked solid, but hate when the weight just feels heavier than normal.
Was a good day to just get the prescribed main work in and not get fancy. Only perfect set of the doubles was the last close grip 2bd. At least I finished strong before moving to incline.

Today

2 sets TRX Fatman Rows

Chins
BWx10
+25
6, 5, 5, 5, 5

Strict Female Logpress, raw
95x15
145x3x8

Db Rows
70s x13
100s x2x13

Giant Set
A. CG Pulldowns
140x15, 160x2x10
B. Db Curls
25x15, 30x2x12
C. Db Front Raises
25x15, 30x2x12

1.3 scoops in 60oz is my favorite.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jealous of actually having a log for log press!!!! Nice work as usual.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jealous of actually having a log for log press!!!! Nice work as usual.
We have a female and 2-3 competitive size, but I use the female comp size since you get all of the awkward of the log position but none of the ROM break a full diameter log provides. Worst of the worst lol

Went in for 25 min and loosened up on the cycle, did some TKEs per Jswain and Sean's recommendations (which are actually awesome), some banded rows and hip thrusts and kb swings. Just loosened up before getting in a car for over 2 hours tonight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome day, got to train down w some friends in STL. 50 degrees w sun shining, gorgeous morning and the squats just got better and better every set. One of my training partners here is a USPA judge and she was loving the squat, everyone said it was looking really solid. Felt indomitable. Maybe it was the fun, maybe the Dieselade, but just felt like I could train forever.

Technique Squat/Deload Upper

Squat on Tex Squat Bar
+box 1" below parallel
55x5, 5
145x5
195x3
235x2
275x2
+belt
335x2
-box
335x5x2

1-2 sec Pause Squat
285x2x6

Fronts
45, 135, 185, 225x5
265x2x5

Supported Hanging Leg Raise
3x15

Chest-Supported Wide Tbar Rows
90x15
115x12
135x10
160x8

100 Miniband Hammercurls

Viking Press
Tons of volume up to a top set of 150x8

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid squats, back and front both.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like that leg workout it looks FUN !!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree! Strong squats all around!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Solid squats, back and front both.
I know everything was lower percentage, but what I wanna convey was how well it all moved. You know what it's like, when everything is just clicking perfectly

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know everything was lower percentage, but what I wanna convey was how well it all moved. You know what it's like, when everything is just clicking perfectly
Yup

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work and sounds like it was a great way to spend the day!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So last week's pulling really triggered my old injuries, hence me squatting a day late. I don't think it's anything I'm doing wrong now so much as sins of the past catching up. I just need to figure out how to train as best I can without hurting things worse.

Hi Bar Squat
45, 135, 225x5
295x3
+unlatched belt
345x2x5

Deadlift on stiff bar
225x5
315x4
+belt
405x2
475x3x2

3" Blockpulls
500x NOPE

As soon as I'd break the weight free from the blocks I'd get a sharp pain at the left base of my spine and I'd drop the weight. Form and grip are better than ever, my body was just protecting itself. Shut it down for the day.

Might continue to do hi bar squat first on deadlift day and add volume there while dropping block pulls, as well as push as much extra lat ham and ab volume as I can. May play w sumo and see if it's easier on me. Whatever it takes to put the best total together I can.

On a Dieselade note....really been treating me well. Muscle recovery is great; this stuff definitely ain't skimping. Endurance is good and I feel like recovery is at least as good as normal, probably better.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sharp pain in spine!? Ouch!! Shutting down is a smart move. Dieselade had been providing endurance and recovery for me as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like the plan of action here but hate to hear you are experiencing any pain. Let's hope it clears up quickly and you can find a way to work around it without it causing you any of your total.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When your bfast so fire you have it again for your next meal:

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455047829.158747.jpg

If my pain backs down I'll be getting some muscle work this evening. If it doesn't let up I'll be sipping Dieselade priming for an extended bench session tomorrow to get it done.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are those sweet potato fries? YUM! If cooked carrots, not so much... either way that is a good looking plate of food.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely sweet potato fries. Looks great Hyde!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are those sweet potato fries? YUM! If cooked carrots, not so much... either way that is a good looking plate of food.
Definitely sweet potato fries. Looks great Hyde!
Chicken-flavored rice, sweet potato fries, peppered green beans, avocado, and taco seasoned ground sirloin. Healthy serving of all the macros, digests very well, and absolutely delicious.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Chicken-flavored rice, sweet potato fries, peppered green beans, avocado, and taco seasoned ground sirloin. Healthy serving of all the macros, digests very well, and absolutely delicious.
Can I stop in for dinner? :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What did you use to flavor the rice with? Or is it a pre-flavored mix?

turff49

turff49

Awards
Why did I stop in here. It's only 0830 and now I'm hungry again...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why did I stop in here. It's only 0830 and now I'm hungry again...
Go to the Jug's for Juggs page and you will have bigger problems

turff49

turff49

Awards
Yeah, I saw those! Great pics for the wife and I to look at...lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What did you use to flavor the rice with? Or is it a pre-flavored mix?
Uncle Ben was having a blowout sale. At $1 for only 110g carbs in the box it's still crazy overpriced, but it was something delicious for a buck.

Great session today, back wasn't tolerating the GHR so kept it all upper body and kept the accessories smart and light. Felt like I could train forever!

Explosive Bench

Micro Pullaparts x about tree-fiddy

Bw Pull-ups
4x10

alt w/ Bench w Tex Power Bar
45x10
95, 135, 185x5
215x6x3

CG 2bd
225x2x6

Incline Bench
185x4x6

Barbell Tri Ext
+miniband under bench
45x15
65x12
85x10
95x7

ss w/ Hammer Curls
20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 40x14 strict

CG Lat Pulldown
140x4x15

ss w/ Standing Arnold Press
40s x2x14

Incline I was practically throwing the bar the weight and reps were so mild. All the bench was very snappy and easy, as today should be. I remember when I had to WORK for 185 incline, so that's some kind of progress.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not bad, not bad at all.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Uncle Ben was having a blowout sale. At $1 for only 110g carbs in the box it's still crazy overpriced, but it was something delicious for a buck.

Great session today, back wasn't tolerating the GHR so kept it all upper body and kept the accessories smart and light. Felt like I could train forever!

Explosive Bench

Micro Pullaparts x about tree-fiddy

Bw Pull-ups
4x10

alt w/ Bench w Tex Power Bar
45x10
95, 135, 185x5
215x6x3

CG 2bd
225x2x6

Incline Bench
185x4x6

Barbell Tri Ext
+miniband under bench
45x15
65x12
85x10
95x7

ss w/ Hammer Curls
20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 40x14 strict

CG Lat Pulldown
140x4x15

ss w/ Standing Arnold Press
40s x2x14

Incline I was practically throwing the bar the weight and reps were so mild. All the bench was very snappy and easy, as today should be. I remember when I had to WORK for 185 incline, so that's some kind of progress.
some kind of progress- lol

aint you modest

nice job bro

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hyde Supplement Logs 186
Hyde Supplement Logs 333
Hyde Supplement Logs 148
Supplement Logs 129
Cycle Logs 33