Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good looking workout Hyde...
Gracias amigos! Muscles are recovering quickly. Tomorrow is Repetition Squat day, hoping back stays happy like last Saturday so I can keep getting diesel!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1.5 scoops of Dieselade mixed up for a long one today - Clutch's newest album Psychic Warfare has me all pumped to get under the bar!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today...makes me question my ability to do this meet. Had pain the entire day every set, couldn't get to depth in position til 285, and almost went home when the pain on 385 had me rack it, but by the end I actually was hitting the weights I had to hit more or less (385 for 2-3 sets of 4-7 was prescribed).

Glad I decided to at least get some light volume off the box after; I just kept bumping a little every set and ended up getting great work in.

Warmup

Squat on Tex Squat Bar
55x3x5
145x2x5
195x5
235x3
+belt here on out
285x3
335x3, 1 (2nd set was slow and HURT)
385xunracked and racked it

Paused Boxsquat 1" deep w/ foam pad
235x2x5
+Light band
235x5
+Switch to Average band
235x5
255x5
+45 chain total, barely any deload
255x5
285x5
-foam, touch 'n go
305x4
325x4 RPE 7.5

http://youtu.be/CPUfe_yfTNQ

^Came on the iPod before last set. **** you, pain.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Bro
Here's mine
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455323246.846679.jpg

Oh yea

turff49

turff49

Awards
Nice going on the lifts with the pain. Glad you were able to determine it was pain you could fight through. True dedication!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't let one bad day dictate your future, you could go to the gym on Monday and have the best workout of your life !!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pain is weakness leaving the body! Seriously, be careful with that back. A serious back injury will keep you out of the game for a long time. Is it time to consult the doctor?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Time to drop squats and just curl all the time.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that your shoulder!? Pec tear?! Holy mackerel!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Oh wow, that sucks!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Distal biceps tear id guess. See how it's all balled up at the proximal humerus?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The honest answer is......Curling In The Squat Rack !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pain is weakness leaving the body! Seriously, be careful with that back. A serious back injury will keep you out of the game for a long time. Is it time to consult the doctor?
Honestly the more I've read the more I think just have a degenerative disk(s) in the lumbar, as the pain is generally very very dull and chronic but will flare into these spasms and my back will go out from the right activity once in a blue moon. Couple that with this basically being what my old first injury was and I'm pretty sure there's nothing that could be done.

They'd give me some pain meds and tell me not to lift, as surgery is only an option if it's absolutely necessary. Chiropractic adjustment would likely keep things going better but this close to the meet I can't start that process as it will impact training too much.

On a plus, my back didn't have spasms or anything post squat yesterday and feels as good as before squatting today. So the squat isn't really the problem, it's hinging w load (conv pulls, gms, etc) right now).

turff49

turff49

Awards
You could always go in and get an injection. It's something you will definitely need to address after the meet. Get an MRI so you can see the severity. Acupuncture can work short term but both it and an injection are only masking the issue.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do you mean a chiro adjustment would affect training too much? I've never noticed an impact on my training from an adjustment.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How do you mean a chiro adjustment would affect training too much? I've never noticed an impact on my training from an adjustment.
Of the multiple people I know that see chiros (lifters, mind you) every one of them says it ruins there training for the day and they have to go on off days. And they've all said the first few weeks you have to go multiple times to get everything set up before you can just kind of cruise on maintenance visits. This is just anecdotal, but I'm talking 4 out of 4 guys. Enough to dissuade me for now, as I don't really expect them to be able to do much to begin with.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Of the multiple people I know that see chiros (lifters, mind you) every one of them says it ruins there training for the day and they have to go on off days. And they've all said the first few weeks you have to go multiple times to get everything set up before you can just kind of cruise on maintenance visits. This is just anecdotal, but I'm talking 4 out of 4 guys. Enough to dissuade me for now, as I don't really expect them to be able to do much to begin with.
Hmm. Interesting. I personally haven't had that experience. I've been adjusted at the end of work and then gone straight to the gym and done just fine. And it's also hit or miss on how much you'll get out of the first visit. For me, before i started working there, i went once and it cut my pain in half then after the second visit we switched my treatment to as needed because it was so much better. That was when my left SI was all funked up. Disc issues could be, and likely are, a different story completely than just having something out of whack.

To each their own, i know you know what you're doing so ill let you roll how you wanna roll brother.

turff49

turff49

Awards
I can attest to what Hyde said also. I use to get an adjustment prior to having the back surgeries and it was ok for about an hour. Then for another day-day and a half the pain would get worse, then better. But, I have disc degenerative disease so most of my disc just deteriorated. 8 of them are fused now. And like Hyde said, hinge movements are worse. But, squats take their toll due to the compression.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro I got an adjustment between warmup sets in November and frickin PRed by about 80#. The pain was masking my progress and the adjustment fixed me right up.
Edit: like Swain said discs are likely different. Mine was crippling anterior hip pain.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bro I got an adjustment between warmup sets in November and frickin PRed by about 80#. The pain was masking my progress and the adjustment fixed me right up.
Edit: like Swain said discs are likely different. Mine was crippling anterior hip pain.
I think it all really depends on what you show up to the office with (obviously). But, imo Hyde, it wouldn't hurt to just try it out and see. How far out from the comp are you again?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ouch- how long after is that pic bro
Probably an hour or two.

I think it all really depends on what you show up to the office with (obviously). But, imo Hyde, it wouldn't hurt to just try it out and see. How far out from the comp are you again?
5 weeks today. So only one month to train.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and suggestions a lot! Several people at my gym use a particular clinic they all recommend and first visit is $50 including an MRI. I will definitely end up there after the meet at some point - knowledge is power!

Mixed up a scoop of Dieselade in 45 oz water and went in for a 50 min fun session:

Lots of GHR, miniband facepulls, heavy band rows and some abs.

Put the last 16oz of my Dieselade w 2 scoops of Rocky Road whey when I got home: tasted like a chocolate cherry icecream shake!!! Awesome

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde, back looks wide brother...
Thanks man! Been hammering back frequency since July and I feel it's really made some genuine progress. I train it 2-4x wk. Just tons of pull-ups and pulldowns and occasional 3-4 week waves of heavy tbar and barbell rows or weighted pull-ups thrown in.

Didn't do any ohp today to rest my back, but it was the right thing to do. Forearm tendonitis like a biotch out of nowhere today from the very beginning but things moved pretty well and some excessive light hammer curling had me feeling good for some accessory.

Facepulls, hammers, pullaparts

Speed Bench on Tex Power Bar
45x3x5
95x5
+45 chain total
95, 135x5
155x8x3 (3 close, 3 med, 2 comp)
185x2x3
-ditch chain, medium grip
225x3
+1 board
245x1
255x1
265x1
245x5

Tons of Hammercurls, some pec flys

Strict Db Curls
30, 35s x15
40s x12, 12, 10

Neutral Grip Pull-ups
10, 10, 9, 9, 8, 8

Thinking about getting some more pressing and/or shoulders tomorrow. Muscle has been e****lent lately so I'm only limited by my back really!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You wanna hear some fun speed benching, Hoff did 210 and doubled greens this week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You wanna hear some fun speed benching, Hoff did 210 and doubled greens this week.
I don't care for his past high squats and his cheating shenanigans, but Hoff is one of the most impressive lifters to ever walk the earth any way you slice it. I believe my appropriate conjugate prescribed weight for speed day would be 115 against doubles minis, and based on speed of my lifts I'd say that's accurate.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't care for his past high squats and his cheating shenanigans, but Hoff is one of the most impressive lifters to ever walk the earth any way you slice it. I believe my appropriate conjugate prescribed weight for speed day would be 115 against doubles minis, and based on speed of my lifts I'd say that's accurate.
Shyt, I like 135-155 and doubled minis myself. Hoff watched my training partner's 800lb meet bench and told him he was going too heavy on speed day. Eight months later he hits 875. How's that for knowing what the hell is up?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
875 holy cow !!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
875! Is that shirted?! Has to be! Holy mackerel!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Shyt, I like 135-155 and doubled minis myself. Hoff watched my training partner's 800lb meet bench and told him he was going too heavy on speed day. Eight months later he hits 875. How's that for knowing what the hell is up?
Exactly. I'm a 300lb bencher. 400lb benchers are only to use 135 bar weight w bands I believe. Tate talks about how they all used to go heavier on speed day and then this guy was trying 35% and everyone laughed...until he hit like a 50lb PR. That's when they realized that it wasn't really about the weight: it's about blasting through weakpoints.

875! Is that shirted?! Has to be! Holy mackerel!
Search Dave Hoff squat. Ponder the weight on his shoulders.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xćel is blocked now?

Damn, huge bench there.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was gonna go but on the fence. Also ask Hoff abt GET DIESEL. He knows my products well.
I have a pretty great opportunity to go very cheap and as I'm doing the student thing I don't have work to worry about for the first time ever so I figure it's time. And I can't remember where but I do know for a fact I've seen Hoff mention Get Diesel before in something actually.

Today was supposed to be Technique Deadlift but I came back for the Front Squat I missed Friday so my squat doesn't fall behind.

Lots of stretching, glute activation

Front Squat
45x10, 5
95, 135, 185, 225 x5
+belted here on
275x1
305x2x3

Hi Bar
285x6
305x6
325x6

Conv Dead on Tex Deadlift Bar
135x1 Nope
Sumo
135x2x5
225x3x3
275x2x3
315x5x1

Pain shut it down after the 5th rep on 315, 3rd rep was the best and felt awesome actually but I cut it before pain got out of hand. Will probably attempt some trap bar deads next week instead since I can only pull 500 sumo healthy anyway. Whatever lets me show up healthiest to make a pull on meet day.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also as I ran short on time I will be training tomorrow for sure

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Down to a svelt 230.8lbs this morning before constitutional. Carbs and cals aren't very high overall, but I have been recovering very well lately. So Dieselade seems to be delivering well on its end of things!

Benched a day early so kept it strictly anterior - going in tomorrow for posterior accessory, core, unilateral leg work. Everything felt heavy today but great training overall.

Pullaparts w micro, lots of ohp and btn press w bar, lots of light hammercurls

Bench w Power Bar, slight pause
45x10, 5, 5
95, 135x5
185, 225x3
245x6, 6, 5

CG 2-board press, touch n go
255x2x5

Incline Bench
205x6, 7
CG short rest
135x10, 14, 12

OH Tri Extension w Light Band
3x12

Vogelpohl Rows w Light Band
3x12

Scarecrows
20s x12
25s x2x12

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great day, back felt best it has in a week at least. I went in with a "Do no harm" mindset and it served me well. Looking forward to squat on Friday!

Stuff I Needed to Do

Rolling, stretching

BSS
Bw x15/side
BW X15
holding 25 plate x12
holding 45 plate x10
30lb dbs x8

ss w/ TRX Fatman Rows

CG Lat Pulldown
140x12
160x12
180x12
200x10

GHR
Bw x5x10

alt w/ Seated Light Band Goodgirls
5x12/ leg

50' Frame Carry (small handle, no knurling)
380 in 8 seconds
420 in 9 seconds PR:

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455752067.043733.jpg

First I've been healthy enough to run the frame in 3 weeks. The 420 pick up I felt slightly in my back so that was it for the day, but this was good grip and core work I really needed. Would be the equivalent to a 17" deadlift, but I was wearing thick sneakers so I was really happy. No knee pain on BSS either, finally!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Fatman rows and Goodgirls,
Always a fun log to follow when I need to look things up as well lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hyde Supplement Logs 186
Hyde Supplement Logs 333
Hyde Supplement Logs 148
Supplement Logs 129
Cycle Logs 33