Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have you been back to the ART doctor since the meet?
Yep, this Tuesday - definitely felt good. Going back next Tuesday then we fly out Wednesday afternoon.

He said frequency should be based on my workload, which is low for me at the moment, so we’ll pick back up more as I get back into it.

I found out my insurance is covering 90% of the visits, and he’s been waving the rest of it, so all of my treatments are costing me ZERO out of pocket 🥳 You can tell he really loves working with athletes.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep, this Tuesday - definitely felt good. Going back next Tuesday then we fly out Wednesday afternoon.

He said frequency should be based on my workload, which is low for me at the moment, so we’ll pick back up more as I get back into it.

I found out my insurance is covering 90% of the visits, and he’s been waving the rest of it, so all of my treatments are costing me ZERO out of pocket 🥳 You can tell he really loves working with athletes.
Now that is awesome, I am paying for my ART and then having it reimbursed via my FSA.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/29/23

Bird Dogs
Side Planks

ss w/ Reverse Hyper
270 3x20

FFE Split Squat
BW 2x15

Beltsquat to 13” Box
90x10
180x8
270x6
320,360x12
+Miniband
360x18 RPE10

Plate-loaded Leg Extension
90x12,12,15

Plate-loaded Leg Curl
90 3x10

Think I nearly saw God on my final set of belt squats this morning. Went until I could barely finish a rep, then started shaking like a leaf as soon as I racked it. Immediately ate some glucose tabs and wafted some ammonia nearby to stay conscious & just sat for about 10 minutes recovering. Sunday seemed quite fitting for a religious experience

IMG_8809.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde are your hands on the handles during belt squat?
They are! I almost mentioned that today actually, since I’ve been doing it for 3 weeks straight now - I always do any Beltsquat work Hatfield-style.

Removing the stability aspect saves energy, which means I can handle a bit more load for a potentially better leg stimulus, & this is my primary loading movement right now. Worst case, I get a lat pump lol. Not like anyone is getting any awards for what they Beltsquat, so I want the most bang for my training buck.

Mr Green

Awards
They are! I almost mentioned that today actually, since I’ve been doing it for 3 weeks straight now - I always do any Beltsquat work Hatfield-style.

Removing the stability aspect saves energy, which means I can handle a bit more load for a potentially better leg stimulus, & this is my primary loading movement right now. Worst case, I get a lat pump lol. Not like anyone is getting any awards for what they Beltsquat, so I want the most bang for my training buck.
Alright cool I appreciate the response because belt squat is the only squat movement I can do at the moment and I’ve been keeping my hands on the machine as lightly as I can just to stay in the groove.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that AMRAP Set of Belt Squats... BRUTAL! Well done Sir!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was reflecting on why I took that set so hard yesterday, as I struggled to get up from a chair. Sometimes you just do it for love of the game 🤷‍♂️
I think that is why I do stuff like that probably 99% of the time. LOL Sometimes it just feels amazing to grind it out and see what you are made of.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if you enjoyed lifting the barbell one time, why not 18 more? It's like Lays potato chips, bet you can't have just one. 😅
idk about you but I often get a runners high on a big set and that makes it hard to put the barbell down too.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
if you enjoyed lifting the barbell one time, why not 18 more? It's like Lays potato chips, bet you can't have just one.
idk about you but I often get a runners high on a big set and that makes it hard to put the barbell down too.
I think I get that after lifting in general often, but during the set it’s more like being in the zone, for me. I’m not making a lot of decisions usually, unless something starts hurting. I’m shooting for a predetermined number or effort threshold.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/31/23
BW 251.8 yesterday

Band Pullaparts, Tri Ext, Facepulls, Flyes, Snatch, Rotators
-2 rounds

Swissbar Bench
38x10
88,128,178x5
218,268,288x3
308x2

CG Swissbar Bench
178 5x10

1st time benching a bar in over 3 weeks and down 15lbs, so I’m satisfied. 2nd rep on 3 plates was too hard to justify attempting the planned 3rd rep. Short on time, but 5x10 closegrip did a lot in a little. Left elbow is absolutely fried from the extra ROM. Glad I’m getting ART today.

Probably last session before we fly out to the Olympia tomorrow afternoon, with Halloween tonight & lots to pack still. Hoping to get a session in at Iron Religion at some point, since they have more machines than you can imagine & a lot of the pro bb’ers go there during the O. Last time TWO different recent Mr. O’s were there at the same time I trained for last minute work, and Roelly Winklar was in a photo shoot on the bench next to me & James Hollingshead was talking to me while he trained abs. Surreal.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Probably last session before we fly out to the Olympia tomorrow afternoon, with Halloween tonight & lots to pack still. Hoping to get a session in at Iron Religion at some point, since they have more machines than you can imagine & a lot of the pro bb’ers go there during the O. Last time TWO different recent Mr. O’s were there at the same time I trained for last minute work, and Roelly Winklar was in a photo shoot on the bench next to me & James Hollingshead was talking to me while he trained abs. Surreal.
Dang, I just need to travel around with you. Sounds like you have a lot of cool experiences.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is awesome she got on the poster! Make sure you get a full size copy and frame it for her. Be a nice surprise on a rainy day!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, ART was a big help today for my left arm. He took care of a big adhesion on the inside of my bicep and loosened up a lot of junk in my forearm & tricep. That guy is magic!

Dang, I just need to travel around with you. Sounds like you have a lot of cool experiences.
Travel is what makes memories.

And the Arnold is something I always encourage lifters to go check out. It’s a neat expo that brings people from all over the world. Literally the largest concentration of steroid users in any one place or time

Right, Hyde rubbing elbows w the “who’s who” of BB
Like my wife’s old coach told me years back, everyone pulls their pants on the same way each morning, same as you or I. They’re all human.

When you start to appreciate that, take them off the pedestal & treat them like anyone else, you get to find out a lot more about who they really are as a person.

It’s generally accepted that there’s less than 0.1% difference between all human DNA.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, ART was a big help today for my left arm. He took care of a big adhesion on the inside of my bicep and loosened up a lot of junk in my forearm & tricep. That guy is magic!

It’s generally accepted that there’s less than 0.1% difference between all human DNA.
Nice, like I said my ART guy is a life saver. I do wish he was covered by insurance though.

I read that and hear Broderick in my head talking about biology "You just aren't that special Snowflake!"

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man that’s awesome your wife is the cover of the poster, you’ve got to frame that. Hope she kills it in Florida.💪🏆

Just attempting that Belt squat 360x18 would of retired me, no wonder you saw God. He probably gave you a thumbs up while you were sitting, then told you to carry on with what you’re obviously gifted at.💪

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow man, so cool that you're going to the O, and that your wife is on that poster! Freaking legit! Have a blast.

And honestly, in today's world your last post hits home. Too much taking sides, hate, focusing on differences in today's world.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow man, so cool that you're going to the O, and that your wife is on that poster! Freaking legit! Have a blast.

And honestly, in today's world your last post hits home. Too much taking sides, hate, focusing on differences in today's world.
I agree, we all eat, sleep, and shat. I think people forget that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope all is still going according to plan and the refeed has begun!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Exciting times!!! How did weigh in go? What’s the temp down there? 36 degrees in Rye NH at the moment.
Weighins went great, woke up & weighed in at 140.6lbs, had to be under ~141.

Yesterday after weighin we had breakfast and drove out to Cocoa Beach. Family had a little fun in the sun, my son & I took a dip, and we had lunch there before coming back to Orlando for dinner & some pool time.

Day 1 of comp is over, this is the bad day event-wise for my wife and she is in last place of 5 currently. She did pull the opener on the Ukrainian deadlift successfully which was a fat PR (deficit Sumo deadlift on a narrow T-handle weighing 340lbs) so she was stoked on that, and had a very fast 3rd place finish on the 500lb yoke & 200lb/hand farmer’s carry medley (60ft carry each way over 24.21 seconds total). Tomorrow she stands to reclaim lots of points and can still actually win, but realistically we’re battling for the podium.

Took my son to the world’s largest McDonald’s afterwards to burn off some gas before returning to watch the heavyweights & explore the expo. Crazy all the people who are here! Having a blast.

Thanks for all the support!!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats on her PR, and 3rd on the yoke and farmer’s carry medley. Hope she is able to stick it to them tomorrow and gain some ground.💪🏆
Glad you, the wife, and especially your little boy are able to enjoy some of the sights, and I could only imagine how many people are there. I’m gonna have to convince my wife for us to go check it out one year. She is always ready when there’s any kind of traveling involved.😎

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on her PR, and 3rd on the yoke and farmer’s carry medley. Hope she is able to stick it to them tomorrow and gain some ground.
Hope your wife crushes it and makes the podium!!
She did just that! Took first on the circus db medley to start the morning off right; the other 4 women weren’t even close. Took 3rd on natural stone loading (nearly 2nd, but she didn’t push the 200lb stone on far enough so it fell off & didn’t count), and had a 4-way tie for 2nd place on the power stairs. This blasted her up from 5th/last place after day 1 into a 3rd place for a podium finish 🥉

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
She did just that! Took first on the circus db medley to start the morning off right; the other 4 women weren’t even close. Took 3rd on natural stone loading (nearly 2nd, but she didn’t push the 200lb stone on far enough so it fell off & didn’t count), and had a 4-way tie for 2nd place on the power stairs. This blasted her up from 5th/last place after day 1 into a 3rd place for a podium finish 🥉
Awesome! Congrats to her and the hard work and dedication!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Straight up amazing, you two are definitely a power couple in every sense of the word! Congrats!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congratulations!!!!! You must be so proud of her. That is an AMAZING accomplishment!!!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is phenomenal, congrats to the Mrs!
Super happy for you both to be able to train and share this passion together, it definitely helps keep the fire going (for the sport and the relationship)

Benf15harp

Benf15harp

Awards
Shallow IM means Hyde is 25% bf & has 26g 5/8” luer lock needles & 27g 1/2” slinpins, and however far it gets into the muscle is where it ends up without me worrying about it

Some guys make a fuss about putting oil deep, but with these smaller volumes and considering it’s still absorbed fine eventually subq it just doesn’t really matter. What matters is adjustments to the release rate, if you care. So a bigger total volume in certain locations with less bloodflow is going to release slower & more stably than somewhere higher blood flow and smaller shot. Pinning 0.1ml in the delt will release at a faster rate per mg of same drug than 1.0ml in the glute.

But the results for growth generally come from total drug exposure over longterm I believe, so unless I’m trying to time a preWO administration specifically of an acetate/propionate ester I don’t care. Long esters will still take time to cleave off, and no ester drugs won’t take much faster or longer to act.

So say a guy pinned Tren Ace first thing upon rising each day and then trained before work. In that scenario I would be sure to pin a smaller muscle since I want it releasing ASAP. Everything else, whether test e or TNE, it’s not going to make a difference. TNE if you put even 2cc deep in the glute, okay just take a little longer warmup with some glute bridges and it will be rolling before you know it.
About how long preWO would you suggest pinning ace or prop ester? Thanks.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone. She did awesome!

Trip was a good time, and lots of cool sites at the Olympia. It was really popping this year, lots of fitness personalities, cool vendors, freebies, and attendees without it being too crowded to get around.

Thursday after weighins we went to breakfast at a place called Keke’s. They seated us in the booth right next to Nick Walker & his family. I was directly back-to-back with him, 2ft apart max - I probably overheard half his conversation when I couldn’t block it out. His one leg was shredded, and when he got up his other was all swollen with bruising down to his calf from his recent torn hamstring.

This continues the trend, where last time 2 years ago after weighins for the Olympia we sat close to Dexter Jackson at an IHOP.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
About how long preWO would you suggest pinning ace or prop ester? Thanks.
It doesn’t exactly matter - those esters still take hours to peak, so just getting them in first thing in the morning as soon as reasonable is ideal so the hormones are present during training to help increase performance & already on board when the recovery process is beginning.

Benf15harp

Benf15harp

Awards
It doesn’t exactly matter - those esters still take hours to peak, so just getting them in first thing in the morning as soon as reasonable is ideal so the hormones are present during training to help increase performance & already on board when the recovery process is beginning.
Thanks for this. Just one more question. Would you recommend taking testC for example E3D as a base and then pin A or P in the AM or just pin the A/P daily in the am?
really appreciate you taking the time.
all the best.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for this. Just one more question. Would you recommend taking testC for example E3D as a base and then pin A or P in the AM or just pin the A/P daily in the am?
really appreciate you taking the time.
all the best.
Both will work fine, but in either scenario you presented if I understand you correctly you are taking a fast ester shot every morning. If you can commit to that then there is no reason to use the long ester (unless the total mg of weekly AAS desired becomes too much oil volume to handle with fast esters alone, since long esters can be made with higher concentration mg/ml).

So if someone just wants to take ~500mg test prop/wk, and can do shots basically daily throughout, just take 70mg test p every morning and when you’re ready to pct/cruise you just stop, no waiting for long esters to clear. This is the best thing for someone who must PCT because all time spent shut down can be at productive blood levels, but it is more effort and PIP.

PM me any time if you have more questions/want a deeper chat on theoretical application so we don’t gum the training log up too much.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/5/23

Empty Sled Push/Pull
~50ft each way x2 round trips

Lat Pulldown
99 4x20

Hi Bar Squat
45,135x5
225 3x5

Deadlift, stiffbar
135,225,275x5
345 3x3 (straps after 1st set)

Nautilus Glute Drive
250,340,410x15

First session back after flying home from the Olympia on just a few hours of sleep; also first time squatting & pulling since the meet 4 weeks ago. Kept it very light, technical, and abbreviated, but this yielded a lot of lat, erector, thigh, & especially glute DOMS the next day!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/7/23
BW 249.8 yesterday

Band Pullaparts, Press, Dislocation, BTN Press, Flyes

Swissbar Bench
38,128x5
178,238x3
288,318,328x1

CG Swissbar Bench
198 3x8

ss w/ HS CSR
90/side x12
115 3x12

Seated NG DB Shoulder Press
25,30,35x15

ss w/ NG Lat Pulldown
100,110,120x15

Incline DB Tri Ext/JM Press/Williams Ext
30 2x10/10/10 giant set

Down 2 more pounds from last week, breaking under 250. So 17lbs lost in 4 weeks, while traveling out of state every single week - back in the 242 weightclass.

This was another enjoyable session, like Sunday. Feels good to be getting back in the saddle.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They seated us in the booth right next to Nick Walker & his family. I was directly back-to-back with him, 2ft apart max - I probably overheard half his conversation when I couldn’t block it out. His one leg was shredded, and when he got up his other was all swollen with bruising down to his calf from his recent torn hamstring.
Is he as big in person as he looks in pics? Dude is impressive. There is something about his conditioning that is different to me, where he's completely shredded and defined without necessarily having to look overly paper thin and vascular. Makes him look thicker and more impressive in some ways to me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work on the weight loss. I am sure these recent workouts are feeling great, they look enjoyable for sure!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is he as big in person as he looks in pics? Dude is impressive. There is something about his conditioning that is different to me, where he's completely shredded and defined without necessarily having to look overly paper thin and vascular. Makes him look thicker and more impressive in some ways to me.
Yes and no. Ultimately, when you see all of these hyper muscular people in real life they generally are smaller than you expect. Mainly because their frames are smaller than they appear in photos without a lot of size reference, or next to other good bodybuilders who are also short. But the ones who have big tall frames tend to hit just as hard as expected, and they all possess real freakiness when they are exposed and start pumping up.

There really were a lot of cool people to see. Brett Wilkin was all tanned up. Juji Mufu was there, probably for Reign. Thor, Martins, Brian Shaw, Mitch Hooper, Travis Ortmayer, Rob Kearney, Dimitar Savitinov - lots of WSM winners & finalists present. ATWR breakers in powerlifting like Ben Pollack, Dave Hoff, Stan Efferding. Mike Van Wyck, Ronnie Coleman, the Anabolic Doc all had booths. Rick Collins the steroid lawyer. The Olympia is a neat place to watch some stuff for a couple days, and Orlando is fairly cheap & easy to get to.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dude that is awesome. I really really need to attend one year. could be a blast.

Orlando is fairly cheap & easy to get to.
argh... it's corner to corner for me so my experience has been that Florida tends to be a bit harder airfare wise. I have actually never been to FL for that reason. it's usually much cheaper for me to visit Mexico

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
dude that is awesome. I really really need to attend one year. could be a blast.

argh... it's corner to corner for me so my experience has been that Florida tends to be a bit harder airfare wise. I have actually never been to FL for that reason. it's usually much cheaper for me to visit Mexico
Not only the travel but the everything else too. Mexico is cheap AF compared to any American vacation destination.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not only the travel but the everything else too. Mexico is cheap AF compared to any American vacation destination.
Yes, but they don’t hold the Olympia in Mexico

They post the dates radically far out, so booking flights way early with cancellation insurance isn’t crazy. It’s a long shot from the west coast to Dallas, then a 2-hour hop to MCO or SFB. Florida in general and especially Orlando are about as cheap as it gets in the US. Gas was $3.05/gallon. 2 weeks ago in San Diego it was just shy of $7 for me.