Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
People walking for exercise, kids riding bikes, one lady was watering her flowers, and my pregnant wife yelling at me to run faster while she’s drinking a McDonald’s mango smoothie
Haha gold!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/24/20 - Day 26 PCT, Wk2 Day1

Reverse Hyper
90 2x15

Agile 8

Squat
45 2x5
135,225x5
295x3
345,375x1
+belt
405x1
350 2x8

Axle Clean & Press away
25,75x5
115,165,190x3
205,215x4
215x1 w/ extended hold at lockout

Axle Hip Thrusters
215 3x8

BB Calf Raises
115x25,20,15,15

Not sure if the comp weight for axle is to be 185 or 205, but today was supposed to be heavy for 2x4 so I am happy this was pretty easy even being so drained/dehydrated from squats. Definitely left some in the tank, and I need to use my legs much more.

Never done hip thrusters really but man it feels like the bench is going to pop out from under your shoulders any moment

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
08/24/20 - Day 26 PCT, Wk2 Day1

Reverse Hyper
90 2x15

Agile 8

Squat
45 2x5
135,225x5
295x3
345,375x1
+belt
405x1
350 2x8

Axle Clean & Press away
25,75x5
115,165,190x3
205,215x4
215x1 w/ extended hold at lockout

Axle Hip Thrusters
215 3x8

BB Calf Raises
115x25,20,15,15

Not sure if the comp weight for axle is to be 185 or 205, but today was supposed to be heavy for 2x4 so I am happy this was pretty easy even being so drained/dehydrated from squats. Definitely left some in the tank, and I need to use my legs much more.

Never done hip thrusters really but man it feels like the bench is going to pop out from under your shoulders any moment
Haha yeah I place the bench against the wall of my gym so it can't slip out when doing these. I can't handle the bruising though...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday:
BW 245.4

Cycle
LISS x30min
HIIT x4 60 sec pulls w/ 2 min cruises “rest”

Side Bends
Short light band 2x15/side
Reverse Hyper
90 3x15

08/26/20 - Day 28 PCT, Wk2 Day3
BW 247.8

Agile 8
Jumping Jacks x60
Overhead Med Ball Floor Slam 2x5

Dynamic Axle C&P away
20,70,110x5
130 8x3 30 sec rests

CG Bench
45,95,135x8
185x6
225x8
235 2x8

Incline DB Press
60,70x6
75 3x10

One-arm Band Tri Pressdown w/ 2 sec holds
Light 2x10 overhand
Light 2x10 neutral grip

Going to do some shoulder raise fluff with my reverse hypers this evening. It is seriously humid AF here; I was pouring sweat at 7:30am in front of a giant fan at the Lab. Ugh.

Did make some good technical strides on my axle clean, and the pushjerks!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel you on the humidity, it was gnarly yesterday.

30s rest, cleaning every rep on axle 🥴

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t believe I have mentioned this yet here, but it will affect my training heavily in the coming year(s), so for transparency: we are expecting around January We started trying shortly after the Arnold, and hit the jackpot right away (hence buying a house so we’d have room for the baby). Wife has been doing great, and we are very excited!

That in consideration, there isn’t really time for me to have adequate time off cycle & to do another serious meet prep before the baby comes (nor will it be ideal for us to both be bloated to hell at the same time the baby is coming when my wife will need my physical help & mental support most).

Chad is hosting a strongman show on October 3rd and we’re going to go down to visit, so I have decided I’m going to get in shape to enter the Novice class. The Heavyweight Open weights are out of the question & I can’t get to 220 for Lightweight Open that soon. I haven’t done any event training in over a year and a half, and I’ve got about 6.5 weeks to get in some semblance of shape - time to see how much grit I can muster!
Congrats!!! That’s gonna be a stronk ass tot! You’re going to love it man! The next saga begins soon.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats!!! That’s gonna be a stronk ass tot! You’re going to love it man! The next saga begins soon.
We had the 20-week sonogram this morning: my boy is looking healthy and already has a waistline the size of a 21-week-old so he’s growing well! Which they said is probably near the 90th percentile for development at this stage, which is exciting. My wife said to me, “Looks like he got your waist.”

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man...the 20 week anatomic survey has to be a frickin trip! A good 45-60 mins lookin at the amazing little specimen! I unfortunately didnt get to go to it because of COVID but apparently our little dude was very active in there. I’ll have to teach him early how dumb cardio is. Brooke was 3 cm dilated at her check today...so it shouldnt be very long!

Not surprised you have a little behemoth in there bro! Happy everything is looking good!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/27/20
BW 247.6

Agile 8

Deadlift
135,225x6
315 2x2
+straps
315x20 touch n go in 44 sec

Good Mornings
45,135x6
205,225x10

BB Rows
230 3x8

Pulldowns
Average band/arm 3x10

alt w/ BB Shrugs
250 3x15

Didn’t do my delt raises or rh’s last night, but did do 3x20@90 on reverse hyper this morning. Waited til 7:45pm tonight to train in the garage and still a swamp-ass 90* heat index the whole session. Pouring sweat everywhere, even shirtless with fans on me so kept the straps on for rows/shrugs. 315x20 was cake though so my conditioning is absolutely improving. Getting through mobility a lot easier/faster too.

IMG_3963.JPG

^Awesome idea from Clint Darden. Put a sweatband in a shaker full of mainly ice and a little water and throw it on between lifts to get your temp back down some. Felt like I caught another gear heading into barbell rows!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Glycerol is touted to have benefits for thermoregulation and may be beneficial if you train in the heat. I know I workout in the garage and it can be miserable at times (between actual temp and the humidity) and I find some Glycerol pre and during helps (although I think you used or still use Glycergrow anyways?).

Maybe just as a FWIW to others in similar situations. (y)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glycerol is touted to have benefits for thermoregulation and may be beneficial if you train in the heat. I know I workout in the garage and it can be miserable at times (between actual temp and the humidity) and I find some Glycerol pre and during helps (although I think you used or still use Glycergrow anyways?).

Definitely

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Definitely
Good to know. I have a ton of glycerol sitting around from when I bought it in bulk years ago...have been thinking about just pitching it but this gives me a good use for it. Any dosing recs? I think for pumpz it was recd ~3-6g?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to know. I have a ton of glycerol sitting around from when I bought it in bulk years ago...have been thinking about just pitching it but this gives me a good use for it. Any dosing recs? I think for pumpz it was recd ~3-6g?
Is it glycerol monostearate or hydromax?

If hydromax, then you're good with 1.5g pre (and/or intra if a long session).

I'm not sure on GMS. @Resolve10 ?

I'd keep it if it's still good. It's cheap and effective and I can't remember the last time I lifted without a product that had hydromax in it. Usually it's glycergrow or noxygen.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BW 246.0

Reverse Hyper
90 3x15

Side Raise/Rear Raise/Front Raise giant set
20 2x15/each

Cardio later...

Actually don’t use it anymore because I realized it just goes right through me every time. My gut doesn’t tolerate it well enough.

The interesting thing in all of this is that I don’t much mind actual heat. I can take a lot of heat, like making weight in a Sauna or hot tub, I can hang until I literally pass out - I just sweat very easily, a lot, so with any humidity I end up losing a ton of fluid rapidly.

Fortunately, today is the last day of 90 for the high - all next week is 70s. And contest is October 3rd so summer will be dying off proper by then.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly you can get pretty high with it if you can tolerate it. Studies use a TON. It just is hard to "deliver" as glycerol tastes bad (I feel like I've seen it said high amounts in water tastes soapy?).

2-3g pre + another 1-2g during tends to be my "usual".

I'd keep it if it's still good. It's cheap and effective and I can't remember the last time I lifted without a product that had hydromax in it. Usually it's glycergrow or noxygen.

You'd need more GMS. I don't know off the top of my head (since I just avoid GMS nowadays with the better "forms" out there). It was very low amounts of glycerol and very flaky. GLycersize, Hydromax, etc. all seem to be 65% Glycerol and less clumpy (but can still be a pain, hence why it isn't super high doses in many products). NNB should be coming out with Hydroprime which claims it will be higher percentage, but who knows.

At the end of the day I don't think it "matters", but higher percentage of Glycerol just means it takes up less volume, less extra, etc.

The interesting thing in all of this is that I don’t much mind actual heat. I can take a lot of heat, like making weight in a Sauna or hot tub, I can hang until I literally pass out - I just sweat very easily, a lot, so with any humidity I end up losing a ton of fluid rapidly.

Fortunately, today is the last day of 90 for the high - all next week is 70s. And contest is October 3rd so summer will be dying off proper by then.
Aw man that sucks. I am the same way though I sweat stupid amounts. Electrolytes, Taurine, Glutamine, etc. stay in my workout rotation to help with my hydration as much as possible.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can’t believe I was unsubscribed from this....back in now bro.

hip thrusts, well worth trying to find a semi circle bench bro (mine is a combo ghd and hip thrust machine). Really helps you find the sweet spot (axel bar is a shout for them as well, I need to get one).

all looking good in here though, looking forward to following along now !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Aw man that sucks. I am the same way though I sweat stupid amounts. Electrolytes, Taurine, Glutamine, etc. stay in my workout rotation to help with my hydration as much as possible.
I am really liking the Strawberry Lemon EAAs from Morphogen. Lots of glutamine and taurine. I add some NOW Creatine mono, Morton Lite Salt, my collagen peptides, and Karbolyn intra.

Can’t believe I was unsubscribed from this....back in now bro.

hip thrusts, well worth trying to find a semi circle bench bro (mine is a combo ghd and hip thrust machine). Really helps you find the sweet spot (axel bar is a shout for them as well, I need to get one).

all looking good in here though, looking forward to following along now !!
Glad you are back!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am really liking the Strawberry Lemon EAAs from Morphogen. Lots of glutamine and taurine. I add some NOW Creatine mono, Morton Lite Salt, my collagen peptides, and Karbolyn intra.

Glad you are back!
Ya I am waiting for the Blackberry Lemonade new flavor so I can make another order. I combine with Hexagen to try and get all my hydration needs covered.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya I am waiting for the Blackberry Lemonade new flavor so I can make another order. I combine with Hexagen to try and get all my hydration needs covered.
I think I’m going to spring for the cyclic dextrin next order. It really does work better than any other carb, besides glucose tabs.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Dug through my supp duffle bag (duffle bag boy) and found 3/4 tub of Glycergrow which is plain ole GMS @ 7.5g for 3 scoops. Also found some White Pipes - I forgot how kickass of a formula it is with 500mg agmatine, 3g L-citrulline, 1g taurine, 1g hydromax per scoop. I’ll likely just start using that 1 scoop of WP pre either mixed with my prolific or alphamine base pre or maybe just a 200mg caf/100mg theanine tab & then 1 scoop intra with some morton’s lite salt. Probably should get back on the gatorade powder train too, but just haven’t picked it up again since i spilled the last tub all over the inside of my gym bag.

With all of that said, like Hyde noted, the heat wave should be over for the summer for the most part but at least ill be prepared if it comes back.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/29/20 - Day 31 PCT, Wk2 Day6
BW 248.0

Agile 8
Jumping Jacks x50
Light band flyes & hammer curls

Closegrip Bench
45,95x15
120 4x15

Talk to my neighbor for 15 minutes about his Brazilian Cherry hardwood floors

Yoke, 50ft
+belt
465 x2 runs down & back, 21.x & 18.8 sec

Farmers, 50ft
200 x2 runs down & back, 23.x & 21.9 sec

Max Farmer’s Hold
200 x43 sec

Sandbag over bar, 54”, 75 sec time limit
175x8, 9

Great morning training events at the house. Few neighbors stopped to ask questions and seemed happy/intrigued about it. Wish I was a little faster on Farmer’s, but it was the comp Novice weight at least(yoke will be 500) and I feel everything is improving. My second sandbag run I wanted 10, but I’m really happy how efficient my loading and transitions were nonetheless.

Wife and I maxed-out Cracker Barrel last night, so I knew I had no excuses going into today and performed to my fullest!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/30/20 - Day 32 PCT, Wk2 Day 7
BW 248.0

Reverse Hyper
90 3x15

Jumping Jacks
x25

HIIT Sprints, 60ft
x1 warmup
X6 ~80%

LISS Cycle
30 mins

Made up Friday’s cardio I slacked off on. Feeling good for heavy squats & rep overhead tomorrow morning.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats cool some neighbors stopped by to see what was up. Them feeling like they can come over and talk sure beats the hell out of one of them getting the idea theyre gonna call the cops one day out if the blue. Sounds like you found yourself a nice little community...and with one well versed on brazilian cherry hardwood...what a resource!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BW 248.0

Reverse Hyper
90 3x15

Jumping Jacks
x25

HIIT Sprints, 60ft
x1 warmup
X6 ~80%

LISS Cycle
30 mins

Made up Friday’s cardio I slacked off on. Feeling good for heavy squats & rep overhead tomorrow morning.
Let’s see those squats!!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BW 248.0

Reverse Hyper
90 3x15

Jumping Jacks
x25

HIIT Sprints, 60ft
x1 warmup
X6 ~80%

LISS Cycle
30 mins

Let’s see those squats!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff going on in here. Congrats on the pregnancy! Stoked for you on that front and can't wait to see how you do in October, I am sure it will be well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Let’s see those squats!!
08/31/20 - Day 33 PCT, Wk3 Day1

Reverse Hyper
90x20

Agile 8

Jumping Jacks
x50

Box Jumps
20”x5
24”x5

Squat
45 2x5
135x5
225x3
+sleeves
315,365x3
+belt
405x3
+Triple-Ply sleeves
435,445x3

Axle Clean Once & Press Away
25,75x6
115,145,165x3
185x8,9 w/ down commands

Axle Glute Bridges
255x5
285 2x5

Put the cheater sleeves on for some fun today. Squats felt good. Definitely had another rep in the tank with 445. I was honestly pretty disappointed not getting 10 on the axle press with 185, but I still have some time to make some technical improvements and maybe condition into a few more.

Really amazed at how much more athletic I feel in just a couple weeks of this training. I was already this bodyweight & off cycle when I began, so that means everything has come from the increase in frequency & added conditioning work (and staying looser with daily reverse hyper work).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We got our new Denver Mattress and robot beds (XL Twins smushed together so we have independent controls) delivered yesterday - sleep for both myself and the wife was awesome last night! Especially great because the wife has been getting bad sleep lately with the pregnancy.

Really happy so far!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Curious about how much did that run you? The wife and I are really considering getting an individually adjustable bed frame as well. We got a new mattress about 4 years ago but it is too thin for me and my body weight. I can feel the pressure of the frame under it even though it was an expensive one. Has held it's shape well just been a little too thin creating pressure points with my heavy self.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Curious about how much did that run you? The wife and I are really considering getting an individually adjustable bed frame as well. We got a new mattress about 4 years ago but it is too thin for me and my body weight. I can feel the pressure of the frame under it even though it was an expensive one. Has held it's shape well just been a little too thin creating pressure points with my heavy self.
Pretty much $3,500 out the door with taxes, pillows, mattresses, protectors for both, bedframes, sheets, delivery, and the warranty (I think it’s something crazy like 10 years). There was a sale with 2-300 off everything going on, but there are holiday sales going on all the time - probably next Monday.

It’s a pretty magical upgrade from the $500 mattress and beds I have had my whole life!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/01/20 - Day 34 PCT, Wk3 Day2
BW 244.2

Cycle
LISS x30 min
HIIT x4 60 sec pulls w/ 2 min cruises between

Reverse Hyper
90 2x20

BB Calf Raises
95 3x25

alt w/ Side Bends
Short light band under foot 2x15/side

A longtime acquaintance from the Gold’s Express we used to train at (closed due to bankruptcy from COVID) reached out today and offered us a pair of old 100lb plates his parents had given him years ago - for FREE! I was really wanting a couple more big plates, so this was just an awesome surprise:

Adjustments.JPG

Can’t wait to get them cleaned up and slap a coat of paint on them. This will give me enough big plates to get 700 on the deadlift bar!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damnnnnnn. Now THAT’S a score!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damnnnnnn. Now THAT’S a score!
Super pumped about them! Really nice to have more weight to anchor the yoke while I am squatting out of it, and adds convenience because I like to keep a pair of 45s on the reverse hyper.

09/02/20 - Day 35 PCT, Wk3 Day3
BW 248.0

Jumping Jacks x50
Agile 8
Rotator Cuff Warmups
Cable Facepulls 50 2x25

Axle Clean & Pushjerk
25 2x8
75x8
115x6
135x3

Light Band shoulder & pec stretches

Shut it down. Right shoulder has been bugging me on overhead especially during lockout the last 2 weeks and getting progressively worse, despite me doing more and more warmup/prehab. Monday I left feeling like my shoulder was achey/overworked, and today it was shouting at me full force - I did not want to raise my arm even to choke the band to stretch after 135.

Skipping today’s anterior work and the press event I was planning Saturday. Going to drop overhead pressing to once per week and give it a chance to recover.

Good news is the pushjerks actually felt like I am beginning to get it.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
09/01/20 - Day 34 PCT, Wk3 Day2
BW 244.2

Cycle
LISS x30 min
HIIT x4 60 sec pulls w/ 2 min cruises between

Reverse Hyper
90 2x20

BB Calf Raises
95 3x25

alt w/ Side Bends
Short light band under foot 2x15/side

A longtime acquaintance from the Gold’s Express we used to train at (closed due to bankruptcy from COVID) reached out today and offered us a pair of old 100lb plates his parents had given him years ago - for FREE! I was really wanting a couple more big plates, so this was just an awesome surprise:

View attachment 197196

Can’t wait to get them cleaned up and slap a coat of paint on them. This will give me enough big plates to get 700 on the deadlift bar!
Awesome score!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on those plates, good plan on the adjustments for the shoulder. I hope that is all that is needed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/03/20 - Wk3, Day4

Reverse Hyper
90x20
Agile 8
Box Jumps

Deadlift, stiffbar
135,225x5
+hookgrip
315,385x3
435,455x2
+belt & straps
455x9+1 hitched RPE10

Back Extensions
+100 3x10

alt w/ Incline Chest-Supported DB Rows
70 3x10

Reverse Hyper
90 2x15

Had to get up at 5am for this session to head out of town for work for today, so I didn’t really eat enough prior and basically was awesome until I pulled the AMRAP - that cashed me out, and even some glucose tabs couldn’t bring me back from the dead, so I wrapped it up. Happy with the pull though.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
08/31/20 - Day 33 PCT, Wk3 Day1

Reverse Hyper
90x20

Agile 8

Jumping Jacks
x50

Box Jumps
20”x5
24”x5

Squat
45 2x5
135x5
225x3
+sleeves
315,365x3
+belt
405x3
+Triple-Ply sleeves
435,445x3

Axle Clean Once & Press Away
25,75x6
115,145,165x3
185x8,9 w/ down commands

Axle Glute Bridges
255x5
285 2x5

Put the cheater sleeves on for some fun today. Squats felt good. Definitely had another rep in the tank with 445. I was honestly pretty disappointed not getting 10 on the axle press with 185, but I still have some time to make some technical improvements and maybe condition into a few more.

Really amazed at how much more athletic I feel in just a couple weeks of this training. I was already this bodyweight & off cycle when I began, so that means everything has come from the increase in frequency & added conditioning work (and staying looser with daily reverse hyper work).
nice squatting bro. Interested me that you go sleeves for a few then belt. Naturally I’ve always been the other way round but when I think about it sleeves first makes more sense.

the reverse hyper is a great piece of kit, would love to own one.

lifts looking strong bro 👌💪

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
nice squatting bro. Interested me that you go sleeves for a few then belt. Naturally I’ve always been the other way round but when I think about it sleeves first makes more sense.

the reverse hyper is a great piece of kit, would love to own one.

lifts looking strong bro
Thanks Whiskey! The economy reverse hyper has seriously just been worth every penny; can’t believe how much more mobile I stay with a couple daily sets.

My normal sleeves are the OG blue Rehband’s from Estonia. They don’t give the pop most performance-oriented sleeves these days do, but they are about warmth and injury prevention and much higher quality than even SBD as far as longevity is concerned. I also use them as shin protectors for deadlifts. The belt is about safety when pushing harder and adds big poundage, so I save it for the higher effort work of the day.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/04/20 - Wk3, Day5
BW 248.0

“Jumping Rope” without a rope
~2.5 minutes

HIIT Sprints in street, 60ftish
x1 warmup
x7 progressing to 90%

Band shoulder/trap/pec stretches

LISS Cycle
30 min

Feeling pretty hung over from yesterday’s pull. Trying to get ready for tomorrow’s farmer’s, loading, back & conditioning work!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/05/20 - Wk3, Day6
BW 248.8

Reverse Hyper
90 2x15

Foam Roll & Lax Ball
Miniband Pullaparts, Curls, Upright Rows

Farmer’s Walk, 50ft down & back
200x2 runs, second in 20.33 sec

Atlas Stones, 52” load
150x5
180x3
+tape forearms
215x3,4,3

Deadlift, deadlift bar
245x5
+straps
335x5
335x18 w/ Down & Up commands in 60 sec

A good day. 2-3 seconds faster on Farmer’s this week, deadlift utilized virtually all of the 60 sec window with full commands and only 30lbs under comp, & it was good to load stones for the first time in so very long. Did not push them; just used them as a strength builder. Also happy I was able to do all of this 50 hours after pulling 455x10!

PCT has been done for a few days. Everything feeling good on that front. The Gain Green ran out a couple weeks ago; just using 1ml of Ursa Major transdermal Ursolic acid salt daily the last 10 days or so.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
09/05/20 - Wk3, Day6
BW 248.8

Reverse Hyper
90 2x15

Foam Roll & Lax Ball
Miniband Pullaparts, Curls, Upright Rows

Farmer’s Walk, 50ft down & back
200x2 runs, second in 20.33 sec

Atlas Stones, 52” load
150x5
180x3
+tape forearms
215x3,4,3

Deadlift, deadlift bar
245x5
+straps
335x5
335x18 w/ Down & Up commands in 60 sec

A good day. 2-3 seconds faster on Farmer’s this week, deadlift utilized virtually all of the 60 sec window with full commands and only 30lbs under comp, & it was good to load stones for the first time in so very long. Did not push them; just used them as a strength builder. Also happy I was able to do all of this 50 hours after pulling 455x10!

PCT has been done for a few days. Everything feeling good on that front. The Gain Green ran out a couple weeks ago; just using 1ml of Ursa Major transdermal Ursolic acid salt daily the last 10 days or so.
I love this. Love it.

I dig the strongman ****.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love a good ~55% deadlift AMRAP. Getting in that strongman cardio, man - nice