• First Up Vote
Nice work Hyde!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good start to the new year bud! Where the hell did that sumo pull come from? Just decided you were gonna pull sumo for the first time in forever and almost match my all time max? Cool, dude....

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good start to the new year bud! Where the hell did that sumo pull come from? Just decided you were gonna pull sumo for the first time in forever and almost match my all time max? Cool, dude....
Well, pulled 585 clean sumo on the stiff bar 9 days ago when I just decided to work up. Felt like there was a little more there so used a better bar and took 605. First attempt my hookgrip was holding but I couldn’t lock it out clean - did a little hitch which made me lose balance forward, drop it, and tore my callus open. So I strapped up and took her for a second go, and same issue - hitch to lockout, but the straps let me finish the deed. 565 was very clean though prior so I think I just need more technical work to clean up the lift at the top end. Crazy thing is how easy it is on your back. Doesn’t give you that wrecked feeling like maxing conventional does.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/02/20 - Wk2, Deadlift

Sumo Deadlift, stiffbar
135,225,315x3
+straps
365x3
405 3x3

Rackpulls Above Knee
370 2x15

Hinge-style Beltsquat, 3 sec eccentrics
50 2x10
90 2x10

Back Extension
BWx15
+45 2x15

Dropped 5% off the triples and cut the sumo block rep work out to help account for the max out session 36 hours prior. Also had to use straps due to my thumb healing. Everything felt pretty heavy today, understandably.

Planning on going with Sumo at least this mesocycle for now to hit some different muscles and see if it builds my conventional, and to give my back a break with the wrapped squats taking a priority.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, pulled 585 clean sumo on the stiff bar 9 days ago when I just decided to work up. Felt like there was a little more there so used a better bar and took 605. First attempt my hookgrip was holding but I couldn’t lock it out clean - did a little hitch which made me lose balance forward, drop it, and tore my callus open. So I strapped up and took her for a second go, and same issue - hitch to lockout, but the straps let me finish the deed. 565 was very clean though prior so I think I just need more technical work to clean up the lift at the top end. Crazy thing is how easy it is on your back. Doesn’t give you that wrecked feeling like maxing conventional does.
Good lift either way, a nice hitched lift every now and again never killed anyone. Ding, ding, ding on your last 2 sentences. If you have even average hip mobility you legitimately can save your lower back sooo much wear and tear by mixing in some sumos every couple of mesos. I read an article once, cant remember where from, that the author was recommending even strongman competitors who obviously cant even use sumo in comps still train it for the stimulus it has on your glutes and other lateral hip musculature as well as the adductors. I’d buy that, seems to make a lot of sense to focus on the frontal plane more vs just sagittal like 90% of most people’s training is.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New year, same double posts

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/03/20 - Wk2, Bench

Facepulls, Vogelpohl Rows, Hammercurl circuit
50/50/20 2x25

Bench
45x8
95,135x5
185x3
225,255x2
276 4x2, 1x6+1 assisted

Incline CG 2-board Bench
170 2x15

DB Side Raises
30x12
35x10

DB Rear Raises
30 2x13

Pull-ups/Chin-ups
12/12

Hammercurls
40x15,12

Little progressions on everything from 9 days ago. Slowly but surely building a better beast! Bench felt very good today.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today is 4 wks into PCT. Sitting at a fluffy 245.0 empty:

Adjustments.JPG

This has been the best PCT I’ve ever had, and the first one entirely without Clomid. I think the easy recovery was due to using HCG throughout from the get-go and never letting my testes atrophy significantly. I would like to avoid gaining any weight right now and slowly recomp here.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No serm in general or just no clomid?

If you laid your PCT out, I missed it entirely. My fault.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No serm in general or just no clomid?

If you laid your PCT out, I missed it entirely. My fault.
I am not even sure that I did, but doing 40mg Tamoxifen nightly for 6 weeks. I intend to draw bloods at week 8-10 off cycle.

Started the 15mg Mk677 back up after Jamaica and probably going to run 8 on/4 off with that per Mike Arnold going forward. Been adding NOW Maca at 500-1,000mg here and there throughout PCT but not sure it really makes a difference (at that dosage). Also been doing 200mg DIM nightly for healthier estrogen metabolism, and just started pulsing some bulk supplements Longjack 4-800mg dosed eod just because I have it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking thick those arms and shoulders are no joke!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you’re gonna have a belly, you should at least look big in a shirt, right? Lol
Yeah, I think we are about the same condition right now. I definitely have that power lifter look going right now. :) Just posted up my pics from yesterday, 217 fasted. Man I can put on weight fast!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I think we are about the same condition right now. I definitely have that power lifter look going right now. :) Just posted up my pics from yesterday, 217 fasted. Man I can put on weight fast!!!
Yeah that size memory comes back quick once you have been X weight prior!

Jeez dude, you kept the shoulder gains.
Thanks, Benny! They have always been a muscle that responds pretty well to training for me.

01/06/20 - Wk2, Squat
BW 245.8

Bird dogs, Planks, Side Planks, Glute Bridges

Squat
45 3x5
135,225x5
275,325,375,410x3
+wraps
410 3x3, 1x8

SSB Hi Boxsquat 2” above parallel
262 3x12

GHR
5x10

Coughing up some yellow mucus despite my best efforts these last couple weeks to fight whatever infection has been threatening me, and was very winded today in training (should have taken a Bronkaid). Had the power to do another rep on squat but no lungs despite things overall feeling stronger. Going to skip my accessories tomorrow and hopefully pick them up Wednesday on Overhead to get more rest.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Thanks, Benny! They have always been a muscle that responds pretty well to training for me.

01/06/20 - Wk2, Squat
BW 245.8

Bird dogs, Planks, Side Planks, Glute Bridges

Squat
45 3x5
135,225x5
275,325,375,410x3
+wraps
410 3x3, 1x8

SSB Hi Boxsquat 2” above parallel
262 3x12

GHR
5x10

Coughing up some yellow mucus despite my best efforts these last couple weeks to fight whatever infection has been threatening me, and was very winded today in training (should have taken a Bronkaid). Had the power to do another rep on squat but no lungs despite things overall feeling stronger. Going to skip my accessories tomorrow and hopefully pick them up Wednesday on Overhead to get more rest.
Megadose that Vit C!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Megadose that Vit C!!!
Been hitting 2.5g daily plus whatever I get from fruit. 2-4 servings of fresh brewed green tea or Jarrow extract. 80-130mg zinc. 6-9g of astragalus. Plus usual support supps including antioxidants like Pycnogenol. Plenty of sleep, cals and water. Idk what else to do.

How high would you push the Vit C?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah and at my biggest I was a BIG BOY when I was in my early 20's, 800mg of test a week 238lbs still wearing 34 inch waist pants... and 28 inch thighs... people always seem to be amazed that when i turn it on I gain fast but once you have been that big even though i wasn't lean your body doesn't hesitate to try to get that size back.
Been hitting 2.5g daily plus whatever I get from fruit. 2-4 servings of fresh brewed green tea or Jarrow extract. 80-130mg zinc. 6-9g of astragalus. Plus usual support supps including antioxidants like Pycnogenol. Plenty of sleep, cals and water. Idk what else to do.

How high would you push the Vit C?
I would push it to 6 supplement-wise, whatever you don't need you will pee out. From what I have read megadosing is what is effective and not really any danger in it at all if wrong you just use extra vit c. Could also toss in an extra 20mg of LGlutamine if you have it. Directly feeds the immune system. People think the bioavailablility is low because not much increase is found in the muscle after a feeding but most of it is taken directly to the immune system has nothing to do with bioavailability but priority of use in the body.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah and at my biggest I was a BIG BOY when I was in my early 20's, 800mg of test a week 238lbs still wearing 34 inch waist pants... and 28 inch thighs... people always seem to be amazed that when i turn it on I gain fast but once you have been that big even though i wasn't lean your body doesn't hesitate to try to get that size back.

I would push it to 6 supplement-wise, whatever you don't need you will pee out. From what I have read megadosing is what is effective and not really any danger in it at all if wrong you just use extra vit c. Could also toss in an extra 20mg of LGlutamine if you have it. Directly feeds the immune system. People think the bioavailablility is low because not much increase is found in the muscle after a feeding but most of it is taken directly to the immune system has nothing to do with bioavailability but priority of use in the body.
Good feedback, thanks! If I recall toxicity doesn’t get to be a real concern til somewhere in the teens as far as grams of c per day (looking at short-term administration). I don’t use L-glutamine but may try to pick some up for this reason. It’s cheap enough to try.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wanna say echinacea actually has some decent data on decreasing the total duration of viral illness too. But its been a while since I read that and i dont know what the overall quality of the data is. Its cheap though so it likely wont hurt to pop 1-2 a day for a few days.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wanna say echinacea actually has some decent data on decreasing the total duration of viral illness too. But its been a while since I read that and i dont know what the overall quality of the data is. Its cheap though so it likely wont hurt to pop 1-2 a day for a few days.
Yeah I remember reading that as well and anecdotally it seemed that way.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/08/20 - Wk2, Overhead 5/3/1 “5’s”
BW 249.2

Cable Facepulls, Vogelpohl Rows, DB Hammercurls
50/50/15 2x30

Pallof Press
Miniband 2x20/side

Medball Toss
2x5

BB Strictpress
45x8
85,115,135,160x5
180x7

NG Incline DB Bench
40,45,45x30

BB Row
45,135,185x9
225,250x12

BB Shrugs
250,280x15

BB Skullcrushers
45,65x10
80 2x15

One-Arm Cable Tri Extension
35 2x25 each overhand, then underhand

Monstermini Pullaparts
3x30, 60 sec rests

DB Rows
95 2x15

Took a Bronkaid with my preWO this morning and that definitely helped a lot getting all the work in. Also was pretty loaded up on carbs from yesterday’s pasta meals. Set my Strictpress training max at 210 to run 5/3/1 for it for now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff, I was wondering where the 4.5lbs came from... Carbs! Makes total sense...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good stuff, I was wondering where the 4.5lbs came from... Carbs! Makes total sense...
Jeez, you actually pay attention to our weight fluctuations from check-in to check-in? Talk about attention to detail...no wonder why you know all the **** you know lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Night before we had all-you-can-eat Famous Dave’s bbq from the wife’s work party, so definitely holding some good fluid

Also, wife strictpressed a 135# log today - she’s gearing up for the Arnold Amateur World Championship as a middleweight this year!

IMG_3163.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Blood pressure was 121/73 last night at Sam’s Club, weighing about 245 this morning, so that’s healthy and back to normal for me. I typically range 117-123/60-71 in the past off cycle in the 230s, and I’m 10lbs heavier than that and have a cold/sinus infection atm.

Fasted this morning and still doing good to keep multiple servings of veggies and fruit in my daily intake, and loving it.

Bought the most expensive l-glutamine I’ve ever seen at Walmart last night ($10 for a bottle 150g NOW was all they had) and have began that at 7.5g twice/day to help get better.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good feedback, thanks! If I recall toxicity doesn’t get to be a real concern til somewhere in the teens as far as grams of c per day (looking at short-term administration). I don’t use L-glutamine but may try to pick some up for this reason. It’s cheap enough to try.
I think it was Rob Regish said that when you’re sick, the body seems to be able to use more vitamin C. Basically, you can just ramp up dosage until you get diarrhea then back off some. But a lot of people will have a much higher tolerance when they’re sick.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Blood pressure was 121/73 last night at Sam’s Club, weighing about 245 this morning, so that’s healthy and back to normal for me. I typically range 117-123/60-71 in the past off cycle in the 230s, and I’m 10lbs heavier than that and have a cold/sinus infection atm.

Fasted this morning and still doing good to keep multiple servings of veggies and fruit in my daily intake, and loving it.

Bought the most expensive l-glutamine I’ve ever seen at Walmart last night ($10 for a bottle 150g NOW was all they had) and have began that at 7.5g twice/day to help get better.
You ain't kidding on the most expensive... SHEESH!!! Been doing better on my veggies and fruits as well. Need to go to the store for more tonight actually!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You ain't kidding on the most expensive... SHEESH!!! Been doing better on my veggies and fruits as well. Need to go to the store for more tonight actually!
It’s kinda fun picking out the ones you want. Adds a bit of variety!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/10/20 - Wk3, Deadlift
BW 245.2

Foam Roll
Bird Dogs, Planks, Side Planks, Glute Bridges, TRX Rows x2 rounds
Hip stretch, lacrosse bottom of feet

Deadlift, stiffbar
45x10
135x2/2 con/sumo
225,315x1/2
365,415x1/1
455x3 con, 3x3 sumo, x3 con

Rackpulls above knees
+straps
375 2x15

Sumo 4.5” Blockpulls
355 2x12

Back Extension
+50 3x15

Figured I would lay out my full warmup/movement prep. Pulled both styles through all the warmups. Sumo started out of position but improved as the sets went on, so I will bump the work to 4/5 on sumo next time for more practice. Skipped beltsquat because I was sucking wind the whole day and just didn’t feel like them with this cold running me down.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For anyone wondering about 5th Set, another great EliteFTS podcast released yesterday, featuring Swede:

I really enjoyed the part where he was asked his diet at his heaviest of 330lbs when bodybuilding. 9,000 calories every day consisting of:
4 shakes w 150g carb, 75g pro
All-you-can-eat sushi (30 pieces nigiri)
2lbs of chicken, blended into shakes
2 cups dry-measured oats & “an insane amount of eggs”
Some type of beef meal
Ice cream

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/13/20 - Wk3, Bench
BW 243.6

Facepulls, Vogelpohl Rows, Hammercurls
50/50/15 2x30

Medball Throws
9 2x5

Bench
45x10
95,135x5
185,225x3
255x1
280 4x2, 1x5+1 assisted

CG Incline 2board
175 2x15

DB Laterals
30x14
35x11

DB Rear Raises
30 2x12

Pull-ups/Chin-ups
12/12

Hammercurls
40 2x12

Kinda pissed I failed the 6th rep of 280, but I am a full 3lbs lighter than the last microcycle on this day and the bar is 4lbs heavier so I will take it. It doesn’t really matter anyway; it’s just a means to keep fatigue accumulated in a safe work range. But I still wanted it!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/15/20 - Wk3, Squat
BW 247.8

Regular warmup

Squat
45 3x5
135x5
225,275,325,375,415x3
+wraps
415 3x3, 1x8

SSB Hi Boxsquat
272x16,10,10

Boy today was tough with this cold, just sucking wind. Ate a surplus of carbs and salt yesterday to get heavy and hydrated, good sleep, bfast, movement prep - everything was on point except this fucking sinus drainage weighing me down. Even with Bronkaid and ammonia before my AMRAP, it only can help so much. The good news is that I am getting better and better at wrapping myself and learning to squat in them.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/17/20 - Wk3, OHP 3’s
BW 245.2

Facepulls, Tri Ext, Vogelpohl Rows, Hammercurls

GHR
5x10

BB Strictpress
45x10
65,95,115x5
145x4
170x3
190x4

NG DB Incline Bench
50 2x30

BB Skullcrushers
45,65x8
80 2x18

BB Rows
95,185x8
225,255x12

DB Rows
100 2x15

BB Shrugs
255,285x15

BB Standing Calf Raises
95 3x10
105 2x10

Monster Miniband Pullaparts
3x30 45 sec rests

One-Arm Cable Tri Pressdown
35 2x25 each overhand, then underhand

This day is a lot of bodybuilding work with the squat accessories rolled into it, but I preferred this greatly vs trying to do it while being exhausted after squatting. Very cold in the gym with it being about 18* outside here, but I layered up and the pace had me sweatin’ good.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/20/20 - Wk4, Deadlift

Foam Roll
2x Bird Dogs, Planks, Side Planks, Glute Bridges, TRX Rows
Hip Stretch, Lacrosse Feet Bottoms

Deadlift, Stiffbar
135x6
225x2/2 conv/sumo
+hookgrip
315,365,415x1/1
460x3 conv
460 3x3, 1x5 sumo

Above Knee Rackpulls
380 2x15

4.5” Sumo Blockpulls
360 2x12

Tempo Beltsquat 3-1-0
50x10
100 3x10

Back Extensions
55 3x15

Without the skin here
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears now
The walls came down.

As the snake is drowned,
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times

I could have cried then -
I should have cried then.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
01/20/20 - Wk4, Deadlift

Foam Roll
2x Bird Dogs, Planks, Side Planks, Glute Bridges, TRX Rows
Hip Stretch, Lacrosse Feet Bottoms

Deadlift, Stiffbar
135x6
225x2/2 conv/sumo
+hookgrip
315,365,415x1/1
460x3 conv
460 3x3, 1x5 sumo

Above Knee Rackpulls
380 2x15

4.5” Sumo Blockpulls
360 2x12

Tempo Beltsquat 3-1-0
50x10
100 3x10

Back Extensions
55 3x15

Without the skin here
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears now
The walls came down.

As the snake is drowned,
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times

I could have cried then -
I should have cried then.
Solid tune. You pulling deads barefoot hence the lacrosse ball on feet pre lift? Or just standard operating procedure?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Solid tune. You pulling deads barefoot hence the lacrosse ball on feet pre lift? Or just standard operating procedure?
Always in chucks, since I’ll always compete in shoes - that’s just a tip I picked up from a good sumo puller on a trip to MI once. Increases hamstring ROM effectively, making it easier to hit proper position with less stress on the hammies. Takes about 1 min total.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/22/19 - Wk4, Bench
BW 244.6

50/50/15 3x30

Medball Throws
9 2x5

Bench
45,95,135,185x5
225x3
255x1
285 4x2, 1x4

CG Incline 2bd Press
180 2x15

DB Side Raises
30x15
35x12

DB Rear Raises
30 2x13

TRX Fatman Rows
2x12

Pull-ups/Chins
13/12

Hammercurls
40 2x13

Bench felt heavy today, lost a rep with this week’s 5lb increase. Still, all my accessories were able to be increased by a rep so everything is on point.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/24/20 - Wk4, Squat
BW 244.2

Bird Dogs, Planks, Side Planks, Glute Bridges, Fatman Rows, Hip Stretch, Heel/Toe Walk
X2 rounds

Squat
45 2x5
135x5
225,275,325,375,420x3
+wraps
420 3x3, 1x8 PR

SSB 2” Hi Boxsquat
277 3x12

GHR
+10 x10
+25 2x10, 1x20

Holy hamstring pump, Batman. That 20-rep GHR after the wide stance boxsquats really torched them. Wrapped my knees in a new style starting slightly higher on my shin & with an X included over the front instead of a pure straight wrap - instantly felt stronger on the first wrap. Less material wasted, more covering the actual kneecap. Also implemented a lifting strap to pull the tag through - much more consistent than using my fingers, got the final wrap much tighter, definitely more secure, better “tag”.

Today was the best squat of this meso - cold appears to have been kicked, and I squat 8 reps with 5 more lbs, better technique, better wrap, applied more consistently, at a lower RPE (9) & bodyweight, without using ammonia.

Wife also pulled 335 on an axle, with a tad more in the tank - she’s looking strong for the Arnold!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
01/27/20 - Wk4, 5/3/1 OHP
BW 244.0

50/50/15 2x30

Explosive Incline Pushups, DB Cuban Press

BB Strictpress
45,65,95x5
115,140x3
160x5
180x3
200x3

NG DB Incline Bench
55 2x30

BB Skullcrushers
80 2x20

Monster Miniband Pullaparts
4x30 60 sec rests

One-arm Cable Tri Pressdown
35 2x25/arm overhand
30 2x25/arm underhand

Tired, pissy, didn’t want to be here for this one. Just kept my earbuds in and put the work in.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tired and pissy happens sometimes. At least you did the damn thing!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
55x30 is death even when your head is fully completely in it so good work there.