Squat, TSB
55x5
145,235x3
325,415,445,490,515x1

vs Light Bands
335 2x3

Back Extensions
+70 5x10

Squats felt good and smooth; depth was solid and plenty more power on tap. Glad to be done with the heavy stuff. Next week is 80% stuff, then meet week. Meet is totally full at 60 lifters and I am in the last flight of 15 lifters, flight D (242 & up), which is ideal.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah but it’s not like that’s historically ever worked particularly well for me, so I figured maybe it’s time to listen to someone who has gotten results for thousands of people instead of just themselves.

Time to trust Verkoshansky.

No this was balls to the wall ME; I just did it inside the 90% peak week & kept the name for continuity’s sake lol
You will recover, nice PR!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/24/19 - Peak Wk3, Speed Bench
BW 254.6

Dynamic Bench
45x5
vs doubled minibands
45,95x5
125x3
145 5x3

CG Feet-Up Paused Bench
135,185x5
235x3
275 2x3 still easy PRs

BB Skullcrushers
75 2x20

One-Arm Cable Tri Pressdown
35 2x25/arm overhand
30 2x25/arm underhand

Miniband Pullaparts
5x35 w/ 45 sec rests

A bit of tendinitis in left elbow from squatting, but no issue. Feeling strong. 80% work starts tomorrow!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/25/19 - Peak Wk3, 80% Deadlift
BW 254.6

Bird dogs
2x10

Deadlift, TDB
135x6
225,315x1
+Hookgrip
405,455x1
495 3x1
365 6x1 doh

4” blocks
+straps
415x5
3” blocks
415x5

Took 500 years to get everything feeling good and ready to pull today, & really feeling this mesocycle’s fatigue, but the weights moved super well and grip feels solid. Gonna do some accessory tomorrow or with Wednesday’s bench.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff, hopefully that grip holds up for you and the elbow heals up fast.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff, hopefully that grip holds up for you and the elbow heals up fast.
Thank you! Grip is feeling better and better, and the elbow is already pain-free again.

Really getting excited for the meet; it will be great to be back in competition after having my bicep repaired. I feel blessed to be in such a solid position.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree you are really in a great position and healed a lot faster than I expected. Oh to have youth on my side again. Not downplaying your effort and consistency with rehab and supplementation either. It's a total package you got going on there!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
See you use bands sometimes and was wondering what you would recommend for reverse bands for squats. Want to add in an overload now and again and since bands are expensive looking to just get one set to start.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Theres an elitefts chart somewhere out there...

I think its something like:
Max <315 - mini bands
Max 405-500 - light bands
Max 500+ - avg bands

If I remember correctly, each of those will allow an overload of ~8-12% at the top.

(This could all be completely incorrect so someone please correct me if it is).

Edit: just noticed my post was completely fd up. Fixed it.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
See you use bands sometimes and was wondering what you would recommend for reverse bands for squats. Want to add in an overload now and again and since bands are expensive looking to just get one set to start.
I don’t like reverse bands except maybe in a peaking phase, where a weight is taken a few weeks in a row with progressively smaller bands being used to get the lifter used to the weight.

I would rather squat against bands or chains from the floor to get an overload effect, BUT nothing is as close to a straightweight free raw squat as reverse bands - if you are bent on doing that, I would recommend a pair of lights (Orange at EFS) for most guys. And get minibands too (red) because they are super useful for tons of movements, and you can stack them with the lights if you need even more tension.

Average bands are for very strong raw squatters or guys in suits, or for a moderately strong raw squatter doing a circa max phase (rare & probably total overkill).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/27/19 - Peak Wk3, 80% Bench
BW 255.0

Vogelpohl Rows, Facepulls, OH Tri Extensions
50 2x25 each

Hammercurls
15,20x25

Bench
45,95x5
145,185x3
225,255x1
280,290,300x1 with full commands
235 2x3

BB Rows
95,145,195x2
225 2x12

Pull-ups
2x8

Chins
1x11

DOH Axle Holds
265 2x21 seconds

Hammercurls
35 2x15

Side Raises
15,25x12
35 2x10

Rear Raises
15x12
30 2x12

One last 80% session for squat on Friday. Feeling strong. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Things are looking good. Its all just trusting the process from here.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/29/19 - Pean Wk3, 80% Squat
BW 254.6

Bird Dogs, TRX Rows

Squat
55,145x5
235x3
325x2
395x1
445 3x1 +commands & in singlet
345 2x3

Tempo Legpress, deadlift stance
280 3x10

Back Extensions
+75 5x10

Squats were very easy. Last week of training is wrapped up; moving into a complete deload now. Last Sunday was last shot of test e. With no short ester on board, I added 90mg Tvar today thru the meet for these last 10 days to keep my weight down and androgen levels high.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love that meal. The addition of the goldfish is fantastic. Gotta have a little crunch, no doubt.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don’t like reverse bands except maybe in a peaking phase, where a weight is taken a few weeks in a row with progressively smaller bands being used to get the lifter used to the weight.

I would rather squat against bands or chains from the floor to get an overload effect, BUT nothing is as close to a straightweight free raw squat as reverse bands - if you are bent on doing that, I would recommend a pair of lights (Orange at EFS) for most guys. And get minibands too (red) because they are super useful for tons of movements, and you can stack them with the lights if you need even more tension.

Average bands are for very strong raw squatters or guys in suits, or for a moderately strong raw squatter doing a circa max phase (rare & probably total overkill).
Thanks for the answer. Will just keep things as is for now since my squats are pretty weak anyways.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i see a fish swimming in a smooth wave lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/2/19 - Peak Wk4, Full Deload
BW 254.0

A few sled drags

Squat
55 2x5
105,155,215x3
265x2
305 5x2

Bench
45x8
95,135x3
190 5x3

Deadlift
135x5
225x1
+hookgrip
335 5x1, hold on last rep

Final practice is in the books. I will drag the sled or take short walks this week. Waterloading begins today and will keep carbs lower. No fast food, soda, or junk should have my weight dropped off in no time.

Weighins Saturday at 9am EST, meet is Sunday same time. Time to rest up.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Final practice, meaning no more direct training? Can’t believe how fast that meet snuck up. Hope it’s smooth sailing for you from here!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ayeoooo

stay anabolic my friend (aka rest like the dead)

pumped to see the outcome my guy!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
250.3lbs at 6:45am, 3lbs in a day already.

Water bumped to 2 gallons today. Trying to get enough fat in to meet my caloric needs since carbs need to stay lower than usual. Sodium will need to get tighter tomorrow.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Heavy whipping cream in coffee? :) One of my favorite additions when adding fats for calories!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dry roasted macadamias! getdemcals

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Heavy whipping cream in coffee? :) One of my favorite additions when adding fats for calories!
Dry roasted macadamias! getdemcals
Working on a big bag of lightly salted almonds. Also just had a bowl of ground beef & peas with butter, coconut oil, cream cheese & shredded cheese melted onto it. Not too shabby, only ~15g fibrous carbs and very limited sodium compared to what I’m used to. 1 gallon down, 160oz water to go.

250.4 this morning.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Working on a big bag of lightly salted almonds. Also just had a bowl of ground beef & peas with butter, coconut oil, cream cheese & shredded cheese melted onto it. Not too shabby, only ~15g fibrous carbs and very limited sodium compared to what I’m used to. 1 gallon down, 160oz water to go.

250.4 this morning.
Everything but the peas sounds awesome! I would have dropped some of those almonds in there for more texture too! Or heat up cream cheese and mix the almonds into that with some jalapenos let it cool back down and smash! What?!?!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
250.4 on our comp scale this morning. This was great because it reads about 1lb heavier than the scale I’ve been using in the bathroom AND I drank 16-20oz overnight I haven’t been, which means I lost another 2lbs. Switched to distilled water this morning and mainly chicken shakes and almonds from here on til the fast begins tomorrow. Going to hit a small dose of milk of magnesia today to get that ball rolling.

Had bloods drawn today so we can see what the damage is in a few days.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Everything but the peas sounds awesome! I would have dropped some of those almonds in there for more texture too! Or heat up cream cheese and mix the almonds into that with some jalapenos let it cool back down and smash! What?!?!
Groce

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love peas. Good to see things are moving according to plan Hyde. Enjoy the shits :).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Woke up at 247.8 at 7am. Consumed 32oz distilled water, 5.5oz cooked chicken, a serving of almonds and my supps by 10am.

247.2 as of 2pm. About 6lbs to go. Currently 17 hours from weighins.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good thing you clarified; otherwise, I'd have guessed that you ate it raw!
That made me laugh really hard actually. I just meant the cooked weight vs raw asshole

Was 246.2 around 5pm. Wife got me into the hot tub at LA for free (she literally has the membership just to use their hot tub). Did a 15 then 12 min bout in the tub, then 10 in the dry sauna. Down 2lbs to 244.2!

Should be able to lose 2.3lbs over the next 12 hours so I am going to relax for the evening before the drive at 4:30am.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Eat up big boi

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weighed in at 109.6kg at 9:20am. Nailed it. Halfway into my second gallon of Gatorade, ate a whole pack of rice cakes, some gummies, a pack of ramen, about a 1/3 box of rice Chex so far. Peed once, so everything is taking well.
I missed you, apparently. I was still in line to get weighed at about 10. Good luck today man!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Go kill it, buddy. You’ve put in the work, now execute.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1,504lb total at 242 open raw. 2nd place in a class of 4 deep. 44lb squat PR, 16lb bench PR, 21lb total PR, and broke the 1,500 barrier finally despite a woefully lacking hookgrip. 8/9 and all white lights except the unsurprisingly dropped 3rd deadlift.

562 Squat, 352 Bench, 589 Deadlift. Definitely had the strength to pull 640 today, which is big for when I can get my grip caught back up. No injuries and an awesome meet to be a part of.

I did everything I set out to do - today was my day, and it was all worth it.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1,504lb total at 242 open raw. 2nd place in a class of 4 deep. 44lb squat PR, 16lb bench PR, 21lb total PR, and broke the 1,500 barrier finally despite a woefully lacking hookgrip. 8/9 and all white lights except the unsurprisingly dropped 3rd deadlift.

562 Squat, 352 Bench, 589 Deadlift. Definitely had the strength to pull 640 today, which is big for when I can get my grip caught back up. No injuries and an awesome meet to be a part of.

I did everything I set out to do - today was my day, and it was all worth it.
I thought you for sure had that last deadlift until I saw it coming out of your hand. You aren’t too far off!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well done! Adding to the total is the goal!