Hi-handle Trapbar Deadlift
135,185,225,275,325,355x5

SLDL
115,135x12

Ab Wheel Rollout
2x15

Seated Band Hamstring Curls
Light 2x25

20 min walk fasted on Super Shredder this morning. Broke my fast after about 86-87 hours. Got some food & sodium in me and rehydrated before tonight’s garage session, which was perfectly awesome. Love the new SSB!

Poor wife had her very first L-Carnitine shot before leaving for cardio tonight; she was not a happy camper at all. But we need to keep her levels from getting depleted from the 10mg Cardarine we’ve added in at 6 weeks out. Think we’re going to have to forget delts and keep it to glute shots going forward. She’s still around 162lbs so we really need to get the scale moving again since adding in var.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm a tiny bit jealous that you guys get results with such a lower amount of carnitine than I am taking orally lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work on that 3 day fast! That Titan bar is sharp! Looks just like my YOKE bar.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm a tiny bit jealous that you guys get results with such a lower amount of carnitine than I am taking orally lol
Yeah the pills just kinda sucked the times I’ve used it, having to take 2x500mg horse tabs 3x a day and no acute endurance benefits the same way as when you can just pin it preWO.

Of course my wife might argue that having a dull muscle ache for hours sucks worse? It’s definitely more cost effective if pinning a small amount vs oral.

Nice work on that 3 day fast! That Titan bar is sharp! Looks just like my YOKE bar.
Thanks! It flew by honestly. And the bar is great; bands sit really well on the camber before the sleeve begins.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the pills just kinda sucked the times I’ve used it, having to take 2x500mg horse tabs 3x a day and no acute endurance benefits the same way as when you can just pin it preWO.

Of course my wife might argue that having a dull muscle ache for hours sucks worse? It’s definitely more cost effective if pinning a small amount vs oral.

Thanks! It flew by honestly. And the bar is great; bands sit really well on the camber before the sleeve begins.
I can not wait to get back under my SSB, even if just the bar...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/1/21
BW 221.4 (still 7.6lbs less than pre-fast)

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Band Pullaparts

Standing Strictpress
45 3x5
95x5
115,135,155,175x1
+gear
195x1

Behind the Neck Pushpress
175,185,195x4

Incline Bench
135,185,195x5
205x7

Standing Db Rear Delt Flyes
25x15,20

One-Arm Band Pressdown
Light 2x25/arm

Still down 7.6lbs/3.5kg from 4 days ago! Kinda blown away by that number, but my core/love handles do look genuinely smaller, without a doubt, so maybe I really did smoke off more fat than expected. Last night’s training is all new recent territory, number-wise, coming back to squats and pulls, so there was no performance metrics to compare things to. Today however it was obvious - things felt like I had lost 7lbs in 4 days! Still, training was very enjoyable so zero complaints. Haven’t pushed from behind the neck in forever.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Curious to see what you are looking like in a few more lbs of filling back up. You definitely leaned out a decent bit going from the before fast and after. Add some glycogen and I bet you look even leaner!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Curious to see what you are looking like in a few more lbs of filling back up. You definitely leaned out a decent bit going from the before fast and after. Add some glycogen and I bet you look even leaner!
221.8lbs this morning weighing earlier than usual, and I even drank 10g Creatine mono yesterday - I would have to say that I am already filled out fully. My muscles still felt pretty full after the fast, and I believe this is because there was no training or strenuous activity coupled with the L-Carnitine preferentially sparing glycogen to oxidize fat that was transported more easily.

In other interesting news this morning, the wife is back to being able to do chin-ups for sets of 5!

IMG_5313.JPG

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I coached for years and chins/pull-ups were always so incredibly difficult for women, but it always cracked me up at how well they could master the squat. I could get a woman to squat perfectly within like 3-5 reps. But a dude might take 3-5 months and still have an atrocious squat 😂😂

When the girls couldn't do pull-ups we worked very slow negatives into their routines a few times a week. the gals that were consistent with it really developed pull-ups pretty quickly.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I coached for years and chins/pull-ups were always so incredibly difficult for women, but it always cracked me up at how well they could master the squat. I could get a woman to squat perfectly within like 3-5 reps. But a dude might take 3-5 months and still have an atrocious squat

When the girls couldn't do pull-ups we worked very slow negatives into their routines a few times a week. the gals that were consistent with it really developed pull-ups pretty quickly.
The best coach my wife ever had was big on controlled negatives to establish some base pull-up capacity; he said it worked way better than banded pull-ups. After years of watching others I’d have to agree it’s the best way, much better than bands. That’s better as acute volume overload, but bands just aren’t great for getting them to that first unassisted pull-up. Even for heavier men.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The best coach my wife ever had was big on controlled negatives to establish some base pull-up capacity; he said it worked way better than banded pull-ups. After years of watching others I’d have to agree it’s the best way, much better than bands. That’s better as acute volume overload, but bands just aren’t great for getting them to that first unassisted pull-up. Even for heavier men.
Nope, banded pull-ups are complete garbage unless you are just doing 20 in a wod for a cardiovascular type effect.
I had a female athlete who came to me after 12 months of bands with no legit pull up yet. I tested the band strength (black band, least resistance.) I put a 20lb vest on it, it went crashing to the ground, that black band could no support even half of that 20lb weight vest.

i put that 20lb weight vest on the woman, and told her to attempt a banded pull up now, knowing full well that I added MORE weight to her, than the band was removing. She pounded out 10 like it was nothing. a lightbulb went off in my head and I realized that if these folks wanted to get pull-ups, bands were not going to get them there.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love this convo, because I have always seen people touting that banded or assisted pullups are better than lat pulldowns to improve on pull ups because you are moving the body through space. However I always felt that assisted pullups via band or machine were not mechanically similar due to how the assistance affects the movement and feels nothing like a real pull up. For me they didn't carry over any better toward real pull ups than a lat pulldown. However negatives are the real deal, and seem more effective to me as well. I used them to get my wife doing pull ups when she was lifting with me.

By the way the wife's back, shoulder, arms oh hell whole physique is looking impressive. She looks like a powerhouse for sure!!!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For some of us, banded pull-ups are the only option. Just another tool in the box, though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love this convo, because I have always seen people touting that banded or assisted pullups are better than lat pulldowns to improve on pull ups because you are moving the body through space. However I always felt that assisted pullups via band or machine were not mechanically similar due to how the assistance affects the movement and feels nothing like a real pull up. For me they didn't carry over any better toward real pull ups than a lat pulldown. However negatives are the real deal, and seem more effective to me as well. I used them to get my wife doing pull ups when she was lifting with me.

By the way the wife's back, shoulder, arms oh hell whole physique is looking impressive. She looks like a powerhouse for sure!!!!
Yeah Lat Pulldown doesn’t transfer to anything strength-wise really in my experience except building upper back width. Definitely doesn’t help my pull-ups. Pretty much the only thing that helps that is losing weight and frequently training pull-ups lol

Thanks! She’s working hard to get back in the saddle.

For some of us, banded pull-ups are the only option. Just another tool in the box, though.
I can’t remember what you’re weighing currently, but there definitely is a threshold weight-wise where many guys often can’t build/won’t have enough upper back muscle without drugs to compensate for the increased bodyweight. I feel like it was around 235-240 for me even with drugs. So in your case, dropping 10lbs is usually the fastest way forward, BUT I would definitely encourage trying to hit a few heavy negatives where you jump up and control the descent a couple times a week before your band-assisted or other back work.

They are very fast to try incorporating and don’t have a giant recovery cost due to the super low volume.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can’t remember what you’re weighing currently, but there definitely is a threshold weight-wise where many guys often can’t build/won’t have enough upper back muscle without drugs to compensate for the increased bodyweight. I feel like it was around 235-240 for me even with drugs. So in your case, dropping 10lbs is usually the fastest way forward, BUT I would definitely encourage trying to hit a few heavy negatives where you jump up and control the descent a couple times a week before your band-assisted or other back work.

They are very fast to try incorporating and don’t have a giant recovery cost due to the super low volume.
I’m at 250, down 18 pounds since May 26. I’ll incorporate some body weight negatives.

Getting my bodyweight up to 50% of a full pull-up isn’t as hard as finishing the pull-up. I can do multiple partials, but the top 1/3 is a struggle. Why wouldn’t banded pull-ups help with the upper 50-33% of a completed pull? (Similar to reverse-banded bench)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m at 250, down 18 pounds since May 26. I’ll incorporate some body weight negatives.

Getting my bodyweight up to 50% of a full pull-up isn’t as hard as finishing the pull-up. I can do multiple partials, but the top 1/3 is a struggle. Why wouldn’t banded pull-ups help with the upper 50-33% of a completed pull? (Similar to reverse-banded bench)
All rowing is like that; nothing wrong with you in that regard - think how when you start failing on any Pulldowns or barbell rowing the implement stops coming all the way to the body/full ROM. That last 1/3 is the hardest territory to pull through.

I know on paper banded should work, as they obviously aid completing the movement. I have just always found the people I recommended it to never got off the bands, while folks who do negatives progress way faster. I do know the science shows us overload negatives on things like benchpress are EXTREMELY effective for both size and strength, but also extremely taxing.

Anyway, just anecdote, but like I said I’d try adding like 3 quick slow negatives before you do the banded work. And before long consider trying max effort singles after some negative warmups.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/3/21
BW 225.6

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Axle Rows from 4” blocks
45,95,145,195,215x10

Yoke Pull-ups
+17 chain 5x9

~work day~

Axle Curls
45x15
65,80,95,115x5 (had to lean back on the last rep!)

Axle Reverse Curls
75 2x10

Fat DB Hammercurls
40 2x12

Really gassed by the end of pull-ups, so I bagged it and came back later after work for biceps when I was fresh again - excellent decision! Set up the new Titan 9-bar vertical storage in the garage and it’s excellent. I’ll try to get a picture tomorrow.

After Mr. Kleen’s point yesterday about refilling from the fast, I decided to hit the all-you-can-eat sushi place up to see what I could get out of it. Calories overall were moderate yesterday and low fat, but indeed I was able to yet restore 4 more lbs of water weight.

Got an Inbody scan - since 6 weeks ago, I’m down 6lbs and dropped from 22.3% bf to 21.3%. It cost me 1 kilo of muscle, but that seems like a reasonable trade given the scenario. I do expect over the next 5 weeks before vacation I will be able to drop under 20% with a bit more concerted effort & another fast at some point.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/3/21
BW 225.6

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Axle Rows from 4” blocks
45,95,145,195,215x10

Yoke Pull-ups
+17 chain 5x9

~work day~

Axle Curls
45x15

Axle Reverse Curls
75 2x10

Fat DB Hammercurls
40 2x12

Really gassed by the end of pull-ups, so I bagged it and came back later after work for biceps when I was fresh again - excellent decision! Set up the new Titan 9-bar vertical storage in the garage and it’s excellent. I’ll try to get a picture tomorrow.

After Mr. Kleen’s point yesterday about refilling from the fast, I decided to hit the all-you-can-eat sushi place up to see what I could get out of it. Calories overall were moderate yesterday and low fat, but indeed I was able to yet restore 4 more lbs of water weight.

Got an Inbody scan - since 6 weeks ago, I’m down 6lbs and dropped from 22.3% bf to 21.3%. It cost me 1 kilo of muscle, but that seems like a reasonable trade given the scenario. I do expect over the next 5 weeks before vacation I will be able to drop under 20% with a bit more concerted effort & another fast at some point.
When I first read those pull ups i thought it said you did 1 set of 17 with a chain, then another 9 sets of 5!!!! I was like no shlt you were really gassed! Still 5x9 is plenty to have done that job. Impressive pulling!

I would say a 2:1 ratio of fat to muscle loss is very acceptable especially with the big movements you had to stop doing during the time frame.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When I first read those pull ups i thought it said you did 1 set of 17 with a chain, then another 9 sets of 5!!!! I was like no shlt you were really gassed! Still 5x9 is plenty to have done that job. Impressive pulling!

I would say a 2:1 ratio of fat to muscle loss is very acceptable especially with the big movements you had to stop doing during the time frame.
Agreed. Tomorrow is 12 weeks off blast, and in the context of that, a steady deficit & no meaningful barbell lifting for so long I feel really good about it. My back has gotten healthier and I did not get fat; I am succeeding in improving my foundation that I will rebuild from.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I was going to make the same point re the way bands affect movement pattern for pull ups.

Scap pullups are also very important yet overlooked for beginners. I see a lot of people using mechanically inefficient pull up technique because they lack the strength to control scap movement effectively and must rely too heavily on lats.

Your missus has an impressive physique mate! What an athlete!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You think that’s bad, dropped more than a kilogram overnight again lol

View attachment 208076

BUT with no electrolyte intake the last 3 days, I’ll rebound heavily today - just hoping for a kg of actual fatloss.

This is where we’re at weighing 216.4lbs (-12.6lbs/~5.5kg) after fasting for 85 hours with carnitine, albuterol & green tea 3x a day (and 2 cups of black coffee/day):

Relaxed
View attachment 208077

Flexed
View attachment 208078
Damn dude, looking great — and so is your wife!

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Training from Saturday night:

9/4/21
BW 225.6

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Squat
45 2x5
135,185,235,275,315,335x5

Sumo Deadlift, deadlift bar
hook
135x5
225,275,315x3
double overhand
315 2x3

This was a really important session for me. Starting to handle useful weights in the squat, and first time doing any pulling from the floor at all in 3 months. Sumo isn’t my comp stance, but I was finding the proper groove on the first reps very easily just the same. I’d like to expand total volume for both of these lifts before I raise the weights much more.

Also, I woke up today finally hacking yellow gunk after my left sinus has been hurting in my throat/ear. My son just went back to daycare 2 weeks ago, where all the other parents are teachers, and he just had a yellow booger nose the other day so that’s what I have been feeling cutting into my endurance. Kid germs!!!! I tend to have sinus issues hang on hard so wish me luck.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you feel better quickly. Don't forget the basics. Saline rinse. 3 times a day. The Arm and Hammer Simply Saline is my favorite for how it sprays.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you feel better quickly. Don't forget the basics. Saline rinse. 3 times a day. The Arm and Hammer Simply Saline is my favorite for how it sprays.
I don’t ever do this. I do splash some hot water once or twice a day/blow my nose out etc, but this would be a lot smarter - thank you!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
9/3/21
BW 225.6

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Axle Rows from 4” blocks
45,95,145,195,215x10

Yoke Pull-ups
+17 chain 5x9

~work day~

Axle Curls
45x15

Axle Reverse Curls
75 2x10

Fat DB Hammercurls
40 2x12

Nice work dude.

So far, I've found that muscle returns before fat when training progressively under a maintenance diet, so I think you composition will improve even more with careful transition when the time comes!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t ever do this. I do splash some hot water once or twice a day/blow my nose out etc, but this would be a lot smarter - thank you!
It is a game changer for me. I have a hard time recovering from sinus infections and it really helps me. Also works well as a natural allergen suppression rinsing them down away from the sinus.

I think a big benefit is supposed to be that the salt kills a lot of the bacteria or something as well. It has been so long since it has been a staple any time I am stuffed up or get post nasal drip from allergies. I don't remember all the reasons it became my go to over other methods.

This is also great for Infections. Same premise just the beefed up version!

I was trying to upload a photo but no go.
Neilmed Sinus Rinse it is a whole bottle you run through and let drain out your mouth. Not pleasant but Extremely Effective!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
+1 for Neilmed. Not sure whether now, but they used to have a nice kit at Costco.

Feel better and nice last session despite.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/6/21
BW 226.2

10 min walk
Band warmup stuff

Bench
45x10
135x5
185,235,275,295,305,315,320,325,330x1

Did not feel up to a full training session, so I made the decision to simply lay down and bench as heavy as I could today. Low volume & fairly high rest let me bypass the sinus endurance issues, plus it will be easier to recover from.

Honestly, this was great.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Neti pot works wonders for me. If you’ve never tried one, I insist!

Nice tittay session homie

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Neti pot works wonders for me. If you’ve never tried one, I insist!

Nice tittay session homie
I was going to mention the netipot but I haven't used one yet. The neilmed is pretty much the same thing in effect but the neilmed you let it drain straight out into the sink. I think the neilmed was like $10 with several saline treatments.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Bands 100% have their place in the gym, no question!
As far as pull-ups go, have you thought about a regiment of jumping pull-ups plus negatives? or even just starting a negative from a box? When I get people started on them sometimes that first negative is just a controlled drop of less than 1 second but after a few sets a day (or a few sets 3 times per week since it's not really CNS taxing) they are up to 3 second drops, 5 second drops, long pauses etc.

I can't give you the science behind why bands don't close the gap on pull-ups, only 10 years worth of experience from coaching and I believe there is some sort of neurological response.

I see the band like this: you know when you're bench pressing a new 1rm and you get stuck? your spotter puts a finger under the barbell, barely touching it at all, and you get pissed cause it feels like he took 50lbs off the bar? Your spotter says "look dude I barely even touched it, that was all you"............ honestly the bands have some sort of elastic bounce that creates that same sort of response. someone could probably do a good study on muscle twitch etc to figure out why bands do this but I truly can't explain it... I just know I've seen people spend a year on bands with zero pull-ups to show for it, then switch to negatives for a few weeks and suddenly they're doing sets of 1, 3, 5 etc pull-ups.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
9/6/21
BW 226.2

10 min walk
Band warmup stuff

Bench
45x10
135x5
185,235,275,295,305,315,320,325,330x1

Did not feel up to a full training session, so I made the decision to simply lay down and bench as heavy as I could today. Low volume & fairly high rest let me bypass the sinus endurance issues, plus it will be easier to recover from.

Honestly, this was great.
Dude your bench is SOLID man.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude your bench is SOLID man.
Thank you. When I began 13 years ago at 18 years old, I was 185lbs of skinny fat and I could not press the empty barbell from my chest. So I may not be a great bencher, but I have raised it from >45lbs to 369 in comp, 380 with my butt lifting up, and 400 in a slingshot.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
As far as pull-ups go, have you thought about a regiment of jumping pull-ups plus negatives? or even just starting a negative from a box? When I get people started on them sometimes that first negative is just a controlled drop of less than 1 second but after a few sets a day (or a few sets 3 times per week since it's not really CNS taxing) they are up to 3 second drops, 5 second drops, long pauses etc.

I can't give you the science behind why bands don't close the gap on pull-ups, only 10 years worth of experience from coaching and I believe there is some sort of neurological response.

I see the band like this: you know when you're bench pressing a new 1rm and you get stuck? your spotter puts a finger under the barbell, barely touching it at all, and you get pissed cause it feels like he took 50lbs off the bar? Your spotter says "look dude I barely even touched it, that was all you"............ honestly the bands have some sort of elastic bounce that creates that same sort of response. someone could probably do a good study on muscle twitch etc to figure out why bands do this but I truly can't explain it... I just know I've seen people spend a year on bands with zero pull-ups to show for it, then switch to negatives for a few weeks and suddenly they're doing sets of 1, 3, 5 etc pull-ups.
My wife used bands to develop strength for chin-ups. She could do none and now can do 8. So it works for some people. We tapered the bands, until she was barely getting assistance.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My wife used bands to develop strength for chin-ups. She could do none and now can do 8. So it works for some people. We tapered the bands, until she was barely getting assistance.
That’s how it’s supposed to go! It just doesn’t always seem to get there for some. But that’s lifting in general I suppose.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/7/21
BW 226.8

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Stir the Pot
2x16

GHR
BWx15
+35 plate on chest 2x12

Closegrip Bench
135x10
185x8
220 3x8

Plate-loaded Vertical Row
45x12
90x10
100x8
110x6

Plate-loaded Horizontal Row
90x12
115 2x8

Rope Cable Tri Pressdown
44x20
66x15,11
44x20

Rope Cable Facepulls
44,66,77,88x20

Still feeling like I have sinusitis. Got some muscle work in at the air-conditioned commercial gym. It was lousy, but it was what I had to give - better than nothing! Glad tomorrow is an off day.

Stopped at the pharmacy and got a sinus rinse bottle. Not as powerful as I had hoped, but I’ll go with warmer water tomorrow.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
9/7/21
BW 226.8

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Stir the Pot
2x16

GHR
BWx15
+35 plate on chest 2x12

Closegrip Bench
135x10
185x8
220 3x8

Plate-loaded Vertical Row
45x12
90x10
100x8
110x6

Plate-loaded Horizontal Row
90x12
115 2x8

Rope Cable Tri Pressdown
44x20
66x15,11
44x20

Rope Cable Facepulls
44,66,77,88x20

Still feeling like I have sinusitis. Got some muscle work in at the air-conditioned commercial gym. It was lousy, but it was what I had to give - better than nothing! Glad tomorrow is an off day.

Stopped at the pharmacy and got a sinus rinse bottle. Not as powerful as I had hoped, but I’ll go with warmer water tomorrow.
The only bad workout is the one you don’t do as they say

hope your feeling better soon bro

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rooting for your recovery @Hyde!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I appreciate, and I will focus on the negatives as is suggested here. The concept is different than what I’ve heard spouted over the years.

Hyde, good on y’a for keeping moving during your sinusitis.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate, and I will focus on the negatives as is suggested here. The concept is different than what I’ve heard spouted over the years.
I feel ya man. I'll never forget something I experienced. When I weighed 242 I had no pull-ups and my knees ached so bad after long hikes. When I got down to about 205 or so pull-ups were coming along nicely. So I started trying them with 10lb weights added. It blew my mind how much harder it was and it confused me a bit. It was just sorta eye opening to me since I was packing an extra 40lbs every day all day before that, but now just adding 10lbs was a game changer.

@Hyde how are the sinuses?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the encouragement, and for everyone who endorsed the sinus rinse. Used it the night after the gym and twice yesterday, took about 6 grams of vitamin C, pinned 200mg glutathione IM along with my regular off-day subq L-Carnitine, doubled up on Zinc, Quercetin & Olive Leaf extract. This morning things had progressed from yellow snot to boogers, & really seems like big progress was made.

Hoping tonight’s training doesn’t cause a regression!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the encouragement, and for everyone who endorsed the sinus rinse. Used it the night after the gym and twice yesterday, took about 6 grams of vitamin C, pinned 200mg glutathione IM along with my regular off-day subq L-Carnitine, doubled up on Zinc, Quercetin & Olive Leaf extract. This morning things had progressed from yellow snot to boogers, & really seems like big progress was made.

Hoping tonight’s training doesn’t cause a regression!
When I was heavier I had severe allergy issues and I got into a routine of keeping the nasal rinse jar/bucket/tube/whatever you call it in the bathroom. I know they recommend using sterilized water but I would actually take mine in the shower with me where the steam was opening up my nasal a bit, then fill it with shower water and one of the packets of saline mixture powder. I'd use that in the mornings and it seemed to do the trick

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When I was heavier I had severe allergy issues and I got into a routine of keeping the nasal rinse jar/bucket/tube/whatever you call it in the bathroom. I know they recommend using sterilized water but I would actually take mine in the shower with me where the steam was opening up my nasal a bit, then fill it with shower water and one of the packets of saline mixture powder. I'd use that in the mornings and it seemed to do the trick
Boiling this water twice a day is a PITA, I tell ya. And I can’t bring myself to just waste distilled water to rinse this thing

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/9/21
BW 224.6

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

SSB Boxsquat
vs average bands
60 2x5
150x5
200x3
240 7x3, 30 sec rests
275,305x3

Hi-handle Trapbar Deadlift
135,225,275,315,365,385,405x5

SLDL
135,155x12

Ab Wheel Rollout
3x15

Seated Band Hamstring Curls
Light 2x30

More work accomplished than last week, done faster with tighter rests. Not sure how much tension they add, but those grey EFS bands actually lift my 165lb yoke up on one side when I attach them (which has 125lb of weight added on each back corner), so I’m guessing 130-160lbs total at the top when unracked. 405 on the 2” elevated trapbar handles moved like it should, which was great.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I need to bring box squats back into the mix when I start loading my back again.