MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a great plan, I wouldn't want to try to maintain all of that for another 5 weeks. I also understand not wanting to travel to special places without the family! Do you have a bodyweight target for your fat loss or just going to do whatever it takes to get back into a comfortable area?

Does winning this last meet give you the option to qualify for other national comps or does sitting this one out cost you that benefit?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a great plan, I wouldn't want to try to maintain all of that for another 5 weeks. I also understand not wanting to travel to special places without the family! Do you have a bodyweight target for your fat loss or just going to do whatever it takes to get back into a comfortable area?

Does winning this last meet give you the option to qualify for other national comps or does sitting this one out cost you that benefit?
No specific target; there has been a definite part of me that wanted to take a long time to really go down to 220 and lean out, but the truth is that’s totally in contrast to my powerlifting goals, so I’ll not be doing anything so rash. I have no set number in my head, other than there is no good reason to allow myself to drop under around ~238. I recall being quite comfortable around 250 with a hot cruise dose previously, able to run around with my family without being winded thanks to the conditioning/pace built into the conjugate training I was doing at the time.

Winning doesn’t get you anything, because that is just based on who shows up - it’s the total that qualified me. I also qualified for the North American championship in November in Oklahoma, and Nationals next year in July (also being held in Orange Beach, AL). So we can always go to the beach this summer if we want.

Actually, I qualified for Nationals just from the total of any of my second attempts and first attempts in the other lifts! I nearly qualified at the previous meet when I was sick, only missed it by like 11lbs then.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is awesome and another reason not to rush in. Definitely the smart choice but you already know that!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Playing it smart, Good Idea !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/14/22

7 min walk

Cable Facepulls
49 2x25

alt w/ Cable Tri Ext
38 2x25

DB Bench
55,75,95x15
105x14

Lat Pulldown
110,121,143x15
165 2x10

Dips
2x15

Cable Low Row
143x20
187x15

Back in the gym this morning after a couple days off. Yesterday did a couple short walks and reverse hypers for bloodflow. Endurance is crap, but no surprises there. Definitely have some DOMS in my hams & erectors today from the meet.

On a fun note, a good friend sent me this as a gift!

IMG_7034.JPG

80 caps of X-Tren, Dienedione, the original “tren” prohormone. This compound is my white whale; it was the very first PED I ever bought, but after taking it for 2 days it started making my chest itch/burn and I traded in for some Epistane that became my first cycle. Xtren had been banned recently, and basically became totally unavailable not long after as stocks disappeared. Since, I have never been able to get ahold of any domestically.

So, with bloodwork so good, plan is to run this the next 3 weeks or so on top of my cruise as a fun experiment while calories are now reduced. It will probably greatly inhibit weight loss, but should facilitate better fat loss overall (and nitrogen retention). Since my blood levels from long esters should still be similar tomorrow as if I had pinned ~285mg total of test, some deca and a pinch of DHB, I will continue to forego injections for another week before implementing any cruise oil (last pin was on 9/1).

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interested to see what you think about Trenadrol. I’ve never tried it, but a buddy of mine used to love it on a cut actually. Said it really helped to maintain his size and strength on a cut, and he felt it was good for nutrition partitioning. He also loved Epistane, but said it dried out his joints but the Trenedrol didn’t. He got the Fusion brand also.
To be fair though he always ran it with Test and Mast, so I always wondered how much it did. But like anything some people seem to love it and some are like “meh” nothing special.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interested to see what you think about Trenadrol. I’ve never tried it, but a buddy of mine used to love it on a cut actually. Said it really helped to maintain his size and strength on a cut, and he felt it was good for nutrition partitioning. He also loved Epistane, but said it dried out his joints but the Trenedrol didn’t. He got the Fusion brand also.
To be fair though he always ran it with Test and Mast, so I always wondered how much it did. But like anything some people seem to love it and some are like “meh” nothing special.
I will eventually be doing 150 test & 100 mast as my cruise I believe.

When I was getting into DS, everyone knew multiple people who had gained 10-15lbs on Xtren, or got leaner while getting stronger. That was my experience with injecting Dienelone enanthate, which I really loved, so it will be cool to see how the oral PH changes things.

I’m down for the ride!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/15/22
BW 261.6

5 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Glute Bridges
BW Reverse Hyper
Wall Sits

GHR

Standing Calves
80,70,60,50x10

Leg Extensions
50x20
100 2x20
120x20

Single Leg Deadlift
15x15-20/leg

Balance Work

Still sore in my legs from the meet and tired from work travel but went in anyway - left feeling immensely better. Felt like I really had my body moving better by the end, and I got some volume to start waking my legs back up. Happy I could do 20 reps on the gym’s GHR without it being a ball-buster.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With the weight you put up in the meet, it’s no wonder your still battling some soreness and your body still trying to recover. It was much smarter to take it easy during this repair phase.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Congratulations, @Hyde !!!
And I'm looking forward to your continued progression, and the upcoming Big meet!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With the weight you put up in the meet, it’s no wonder your still battling some soreness and your body still trying to recovery. It was much smarter to take it easy during this repair phase.
Yeah I mean by the last week I think I was tapered down to like 12 total reps, a single non-failure set of GHR, so 4x the volume is definitely gonna wake those hammies back up.

I agree; just keeping up the calories alone would have been impossible now - that kind of commitment can only be sustained for periods when my drive is unbreakable. And Worlds right now wasn’t the goal, just to qualify.

Congratulations, @Hyde !!!
And I'm looking forward to your continued progression, and the upcoming Big meet!
Thanks Renew! No big comps on the immediate horizon, just re-setting the periodization blocks and moving into an “off-season” to get back to work. Very excited for training to come!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/18/22
BW 259.8

8 min walk

Reverse Pec Deck
70 2x25

ss w/ Pec Deck
120 2x25

Plate-loaded Chest Press
45x15
90x12
100x10
110x8

Plate-loaded OHP
45,90x12
135x10
160x8
185x6

DB Dirty Thirties
25,35x10/10/10
45x10/7/10

DB Laterals
20,25x20
30x16

Plate Front Raise to Overhead
45 2x10

Bar Cable Pressdown
55 3x25

Getting some hypertrophy in; a refreshing break from real training. Kind of boring besides getting 4 plates a side on the overhead machine, but it feels good to bring it down a notch mentally for a minute.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is commercial gym?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sitting at 259.0, down 6lbs since the meet.

Didn’t train Monday. Been having a lot of lethargy the last week. I’m assuming it’s adjusting to come down in hormone levels, and although it could be the Xtren, if anything I tend to have less lethargy acutely after dosing it I believe.

Bumped Xtren from 90mg to 120mg yesterday, where I intend to stay with it for the next 2 weeks on it.

Began my planned 100mg of Mast E for the week today (Thursday will be 3 weeks from last long ester shot). I will begin to add in 150mg testosterone enanthate/wk starting next week. When the Xtren is done, that is the planned cruise combo.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve actually thought of adding low dose Mast to my TRT a couple of times.
In the context of my application, it’s a way to add more androgens to better maintain strength & lean mass, while simultaneously managing estrogen instead of increasing estrogen burden, as well as having a lower impact on phlebotic values so things like RBC, hematocrit, hemoglobin can lower faster during cruise phase (compared to just using more test). I don’t need the extra volumization/water weight & the sides that accompany it for me right now, considering I’m trying to reduce size.

Plus I usually feel good on it. It is anecdotally a bit harder on lipids than using more test would be, however.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In the context of my application, it’s a way to add more androgens to better maintain strength & lean mass, while simultaneously managing estrogen instead of increasing estrogen burden, as well as having a lower impact on phlebotic values so things like RBC, hematocrit, hemoglobin can lower faster during cruise phase (compared to just using more test). I don’t need the extra volumization/water weight & the sides that accompany it for me right now, considering I’m trying to reduce size.

Plus I usually feel good on it. It is anecdotally a bit harder on lipids than using more test would be, however.
Totally agree….I know I always feel good on it, and really don’t have any negative sides. Test with Mast is such a good complimentary stack that work so well together, it just makes sense that a low dose of each could enhance the TRT benefits both could bring, as long as lipids stay within range.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/21/22

8 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

12” Stepups
BW x15

18” Stepups
BW x15
+25 2x15

Good Girls
50,100,110,120x15

Seated Calf Raise, tempo
45x15
90 2x12
30 second stretch while standing

Sled Push
+90 4x60ish feet

Only had 1 hour to work, but I am extremely pleased with what was accomplished with that investment: balance, core bracing, knee stability, ankle strength, quad, adductor, glute, & calf volume, as well as GPP were all improved this session.

Fairly certain I’m going to have to drop the Xtren. Last 2 nights I’ve woken up with heartburn, despite last night ensuring I took Famotidine right before bed, and it was almost impossible to simply eat a Cliffbar preWO this morning. I am already taking split doses of 20mg Famotidine & 20g glutamine daily, yet gut conditions seem to be continuing to degrade (despite everything else being fairly tolerable).

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had to give up on most orals over the last couple of years, because of major digestive issues. The only two I can tolerate now are Anavar and T-bol. I used to could take Superdrol, M1T, pretty much any oral with hardly any sides, but now I can’t touch them. I developed an ulcer a few years back, that I firmly believe Superdrol contributed to.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had to give up on most orals over the last couple of years, because of major digestive issues. The only two I can tolerate now are Anavar and T-bol. I used to could take Superdrol, M1T, pretty much any oral with hardly any sides, but now I can’t touch them. I developed an ulcer a few years back, that I firmly believe Superdrol contributed to.
How much Anavar and Tbol will you tolerate?

I just did 40-50mg Var nightly for something around 6 weeks I believe and it went well. Appetite didn’t really bang up until adding Anadrol at 50mg nightly the last 10 days (as expected, and a fair trade for the comp). Yeah I have had stop orals as well, generally speaking, besides strategic little pushes, so I was really happy the Var did right by me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe you can revisit the Xtren a little more removed from the Var and Anadrol to see if it can be tolerated without a preceding oral run.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How much Anavar and Tbol will you tolerate?

I just did 40-50mg Var nightly for something around 6 weeks I believe and it went well. Appetite didn’t really bang up until adding Anadrol at 50mg nightly the last 10 days (as expected, and a fair trade for the comp). Yeah I have had stop orals as well, generally speaking, besides strategic little pushes, so I was really happy the Var did right by me.
I still can go 50 on Var without any issues, but I’ll only run it 4 weeks. I never even try 6 weeks anymore. Now I do add Prevacid as a preventative, and glutamine is a staple in my daily routine.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh and Tbol, the last time I ran it, was at 60 without any issues. But have so much Anavar I may not ever do Tbol again. And I will only do maybe one cycle a year now, but I have thought about maybe two cycles next year and entering a late year bench competition for one last hurrah.😎

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/22/22
BW 256.6

8 min walk

Cable Facepulls
49 3x25

Cable Tri Pressdown
38 3x25

DB Bench
60,85,105x15
110x12

Dips

Lat Pulldown
110x15
143x12
165 2x12

Chin-ups

Cable Low Row
110,143,187x15
209x12

DB Laterals - Run the Rack
5,10,12.5,15,17.5,20,22.5,25,27.5,30,27.5,25,20,17.5,15,12.5,10,5x10 (minimal rest)

Big 2.5lb drop in bodyweight after stopping the Xtren (last dose was about 24 hours prior to this morning’s weighin). Didn’t feel any stronger this session, so I know I’m already getting weaker coming off blast & dropping so much weight, but I added volume or weight everywhere over last week and definitely already see majorly improved GPP.

Taught a couple college kids who’d just finished their shoulder day how to run the rack for side raises - unfortunately I was leading & failed to take any rest at all the first 6 sets or so. We all enjoyed a nice pump after that! Took about 6 minutes of work to get up through the 30s and back down.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Those laterals, not sure, Fun or Torcher 🔥

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/22/22
BW 256.6

8 min walk

Cable Facepulls
49 3x25

Cable Tri Pressdown
38 3x25

DB Bench
60,85,105x15
110x12

Dips

Lat Pulldown
110x15
143x12
165 2x12

Chin-ups

Cable Low Row
110,143,187x15
209x12

DB Laterals - Run the Rack
5,10,12.5,15,17.5,20,22.5,25,27.5,30,27.5,25,20,17.5,15,12.5,10,5x10 (minimal rest)

Big 2.5lb drop in bodyweight after stopping the Xtren (last dose was about 24 hours prior to this morning’s weighin). Didn’t feel any stronger this session, so I know I’m already getting weaker coming off blast & dropping so much weight, but I added volume or weight everywhere over last week and definitely already see majorly improved GPP.

Taught a couple college kids who’d just finished their shoulder day how to run the rack for side raises - unfortunately I was leading & failed to take any rest at all the first 6 sets or so. We all enjoyed a nice pump after that! Took about 6 minutes of work to get up through the 30s and back down.
Ha, we used to run the rack with DB Curls….the pump was so intense when you finished you literally couldn’t bend your arms afterwards. But man talking about some “swole” biceps, you had them after that.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those laterals, not sure, Fun or Torcher
It was basically a coaching moment. Not the way you’d fix someone’s squat, just showing the next generation how to work hard & have some fun with training.

I explained beforehand that it’s probably mediocre at best for actual gains, since it’s mainly junk volume, but it breeds some competition. Everyone is expected to finish!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice session sounds like you got in some hard work, some fun, and enjoyed a little DOMs from hitting things in a new way. That's a lot of wins in my book!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I bet you showing them how to run the rack is something they will remember for years, maybe forever !! and I'm sure you earned their respect !!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, a few weeks out from a bodybuilding meet?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/25/22
BW 256.8

8 min walk

Reverse Pec Deck
80,80,90x25

ss w/ Pec Deck
130 3x25

Plate-loaded Chest Press
45,90,115x12
140x10
150x8

Plate-loaded OHP
45,90,135x12
160x9
185x8

DB Dirty Thirties
30,40x10/10/10
45x10/7/10

Plate Front Raise to Overhead
45x12,10,8

Bar Cable Pressdown
60x25,18,22,18

Plate-Loaded Pulldown
45,80,105x12
130x8
155x6

Plate-loaded CSR
90x10,10,12

Kicked some ass today; more volume and/or load on everything over last week, significantly. Added some rowing as well. The plate-loaded pressing might even be personal bests for the reps.

Still haven’t pinned any long esters since September first besides the 100mg of Masteron E last Tuesday. Going to do that again this Tuesday, and probably begin adding the Test E in starting Thursday.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How’s everything feeling? I noticed that increase in volume, so body must be feeling pretty good.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Life Is Good !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How’s everything feeling? I noticed that increase in volume, so body must be feeling pretty good.
Very good. I love not eating so much and feeling so much better overall. My left (bad) ankle has been tight, but that’s just something that can come and go in my life and I have started training calves more directly.

I developed some come & go pain (mainly when first waking in the morning) in my low back a couple weeks before the meet on the right side, which I think may be a vertebra that gets misaligned/loose and causes instability and nerve pain, so I have been working through tightness there while my body is trying to protect the area. That seems to be definitely improving though since taking time off the spinal compression. I am very glad I didn’t try to push on to Worlds because now I believe I would have escalated it instead of healing it.

Definitely getting into better shape, cardiovascularly!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/26/22

9 min walk

Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Hip Mobility

GHR
BWx20
+10 on chest 3x10

Sled Push
+180 4x60ish feet

**try not to puke or die**

Standing Calves
60 3x10

May not look like much on paper, but there is definite performance increases across the board here. Longer faster walks, more bracing, increased work density, & GHR getting strong as ever. The sled really hits so much at once while also helping my conditioning.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/26/22

9 min walk

Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Hip Mobility

GHR
BWx20
+10 on chest 3x10

Sled Push
+180 4x60ish feet

**try not to puke or die**

Standing Calves
60 3x10

May not look like much on paper, but there is definite performance increases across the board here. Longer faster walks, more bracing, increased work density, & GHR getting strong as ever. The sled really hits so much at once while also helping my conditioning.
Yeah I challenge anybody if they haven’t done Sled Pushes before, at any significant distance, to give them a shot. It really does hit upper and lower body, but man the leg burn is intense.