How to prevent erectile dysfunction from vitamin D ?

funick972

Awards
Hi I would like to know if some people have been able to take vitamin D without experiencing Ed and low sexdrive. This is a common issue with this hormone. How to counteract this ?

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi I would like to know if some people have been able to take vitamin D without experiencing Ed and low sexdrive. This is a common issue with this hormone. How to counteract this ?
Never heard of yhis. If anything cholecalciferol has benefits for T levels when deficient. Too high of D level may affect calcification and even then that is speculative and rare. If worried then take it with vit K2.

funick972

Awards
Never heard of yhis. If anything cholecalciferol has benefits for T levels when deficient. Too high of D level may affect calcification and even then that is speculative and rare. If worried then take it with vit K2.
You will find people on reddit experiencing it. I found a forum online where many males complained of this side effects. They where usually using high dosage but some people experienced it with only 2000 IUS a day for 4 months

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
total bullshit and since when is vitamin d a hormone lmao!!! bless your heart

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Let's say a d deficiency corrects lower testosterone. A man then begins to produce more. Some men don't get enough B vitamins, and also have livers with heightened enzymes, which means estrogen clearance is not as optimal. Some men may experience ED due to heightened estrogen. Over time, the issue should correct itself.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am a big believer that everything can work differently for different people, but if this happens, I think it would be extremely rare.

I have a medical condition that makes it hard for my Vitamin D levels to stay in the mid to high normal range. I take 5,000 IU twice per day and have never experienced lowered libido from it personally.

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
total bullshit and since when is vitamin d a hormone lmao!!! bless your heart

Research on the mechanism of action of vitamin D continued and by 1969 the biologically active metabolite of vitamin D - 1,25(OH)2D - was identified. 3 1,25(OH)2D is a steroid hormone activating a nuclear transcription factor, the vitamin D receptor (VDR), which regulates the transcription of vitamin D responsive genes.4 Despite the original misnaming of vitamin D (since it is actually a prehormone) this term has continued to be used.

Canguy

Awards
I am a big believer that everything can work differently for different people, but if this happens, I think it would be extremely rare.

I have a medical condition that makes it hard for my Vitamin D levels to stay in the mid to high normal range. I take 5,000 IU twice per day and have never experienced lowered libido from it personally.
I take at least 5000 a day and have never had this problem either.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
it depends on who wrote it and what website you got it off of ;)

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
it depends on who wrote it and what website you got it off of ;)

I always thought it was a hormone based on how it's absorbed and synthesized and regulating calcium metabolism. Not sure it matters, it's important to keep the levels in check

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've seen it written both ways so I could see where people could get confused on whether its a hormone or a prehormone, but I think thats really semantics anyway.

I'm not going to say that what the poster is asking can't happen, but its something I've never experienced from it and it would definitely be considered very uncommon.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You will find people on reddit experiencing it. I found a forum online where many males complained of this side effects. They where usually using high dosage but some people experienced it with only 2000 IUS a day for 4 months
Does sunlight cause ED for all these people too? Imo if supps fail, try sunlight. I think you can even just go tanning in a tanning bed.

Afaik things to watch out for when doing vitamin d:
1. Look out for how much vitamin d do you already get. Not only sunlight but food. Most the milk here is fortified with vitamin d. Other foods have it too (fish).
2. I had trouble sleeping taking some vitamin d supps before bed. I usually take it earlier in the day now.
3. Too much d3 with too little k2 can cause calcification or somthing bad (I'm an escalator not a doctor). There's two kinds of k2. You want m7, not m4. I think the current standard is 2500iu D3 / 90mg k2 m7

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On Reddit, most of them are hypochondriacs..
And ppl on this forum (or online forums in general) aren't?

Vitamin D has been added to natty t boosters for years so any issues would be seemingly rare and I've never heard of this with vitamin d before.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
High vitamin D is one of the few supps I get a benefit from! ...The complete opposite of the claim by OP actually
Me too. Was taking this at 5000iu to help with broken leg and had to drop it because I was driving my wife crazy. Also on test 150mg/week, and took the d3 with asgwanda and k2. Symptoms went away when I dropped the d3.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Me too. Was taking this at 5000iu to help with broken leg and had to drop it because I was driving my wife crazy. Also on test 150mg/week, and took the d3 with asgwanda and k2. Symptoms went away when I dropped the d3.
like @Resolve10 said, vitamin d has been included in test boosters for as long as i can remember. 1 of very few 'effective' test booster ingredients that have stood the test of time.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Let's say a d deficiency corrects lower testosterone. A man then begins to produce more. Some men don't get enough B vitamins, and also have livers with heightened enzymes, which means estrogen clearance is not as optimal. Some men may experience ED due to heightened estrogen. Over time, the issue should correct itself.
this is true, Dr. gominak actually talks about this. As one starts to replete Vit D to normal range 60-80, also would need to supplement all B vitamins to replenish adequate gut microbiome that produce own B vitamins. After ~ 3 months of B vits she recommends d/c B vits n keep D levels between 60-80. MAin goal is optimal
Sleep. B vits - especially b5/ pantothenic acid has a role in aceltylcholine production which is important for REM sleep.

To OP - u should get vit D levels checked cuz excessive levels may have some
Sides. Its an easy lab test where most docs are now agreeable to ordering

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve read hundreds of vitas studies and don’t believe this exists