Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ok I got one for the smart people. I was looking for some dht studies and I found this one that says dht prevents wound healing

it's not a free article but you can see the claim in the abstract. I'll look for more similar later

it also mentions that testosterone has a similar lesser effect on healing than dht. I know with hair loss dht is supposed to cause calcification or scaring ( I forget) blocking the hair follicle.

the thing that's weird to me is that dht rises with inflammation. almost like it should play a positive role in healing. we do know dht gel will shrink your prostate

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well this is interesting thank you for sharing!

As far as I can tell, this is fucking complicated. I read through the abstract you posted and looked through another linked from that one. But now my lunch is over. So it does seem that androgens in general, DHT in particular just for being a strong androgen, do impair would healing as far as scratches and cuts. But for major burns, they can actually improve healing. I’d need to dig a lot more, but if I were to guess, it’s sounding like it can increase the immune response. Some of these authors think the issue is increased inflammation from androgens mediated particularly from interleukin 6. So, possibly improved immune response, leading to improvements in some areas, but it’s detrimental in others due to inflammation and increased neutrophils?

I’d love to see others weigh in here, I love this kind of stuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Recipes 9
Anabolics 18
Anabolics 47
Dominus Anabolics 30