How To Get Great TRT Results? How Come Some People Look Better Than Younger?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

1. My testosterone is in the reference range but low (320-350 when I was in my 20's). Granted, my LSH, etc. is normal. I am in my late 30's now.

2. My military doctor gave me TRT for about six months. Honestly, the effects were negligible.

a. The first day had spectacular results. Normally, I can do one hour of cardio. I did four hours.

I also noticed more spontaneous energy to do pushups, situps, etc.

b. After that, I only noticed small differences, such as getting 8 reps instead of 7 reps.

3. Still, I see so many older men say they have better energy and physiques in their 50's with TRT than in their 20's.

4. I want those results. Can anyone explain it?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well I can tell you confidently that the first day feeling and extra push in the gym was 100% mental. Even guys taking full cycles of test, it doesn’t really kick in for like 3-4 weeks. That’s why many bodybuilders take an oral steroid as a kickstart so they feel it faster and then when they stop the oral, the test feeling is alive and well.
Now, a few things can affect how you feel on trt. Diet obviously but also was it cream or was it injection. What was the dose? Because a lot of people on TRT are not really on official TRT. I say this because primary care doctors typically only prescribe low amounts to put you right in the middle while a lot of TRT clinics prescribe higher doses to treat the symptoms vs treating the low testosterone so these guys end up above reference range.
Knowing your dose and route of administration will help others chime in better

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
My military doctor just gave me one of those packets of Androgel per day.

I agree. The test ranges were in the normal range.

Honestly, I just want great results like the guy above.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There’s two things missing from that story and that is his diet and workout plan. You HAVE to workout and eat right to see those results on TRT. Even if you had normal levels of test and did a cycle of gear, you would still need to eat right and put the work in in the gym. If not you’d just get fat as helll.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
200 test cyp/week
200 mast e/week

Smooth

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi Everyone,

1. My testosterone is in the reference range but low (320-350 when I was in my 20's). Granted, my LSH, etc. is normal. I am in my late 30's now.
What was your test after using the Androgel? I see some guys using the gels and patches where their test barely stays in the 300s, while other guys seem to be at 1000. It's not a bad thing for guys who are trying to get their test in reference range but aren't trying to achieve supraphysiological nunbers. But getting in that range isn't going to create amazing results. It's achieving supraphysiological levels that bring on the gains.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There’s two things missing from that story and that is his diet and workout plan. You HAVE to workout and eat right to see those results on TRT. Even if you had normal levels of test and did a cycle of gear, you would still need to eat right and put the work in in the gym. If not you’d just get fat as helll.
^This^
Ppl want the quick fix and hope that Test (TRT) is a cheat code but results only come with hard work.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
1. As for my levels, they barely rose. They were just in the normal reference range.

2. My diet and training stayed about the same: 3-4x of cardio a week, 3-4x of weight training. A diet moderate in carbs but nothing extreme.

3. The only time I saw the huge effect was with Oxandrolone. Even 15 mg a day caused me to want to work out all day, eat all day, and just become an ogre.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
I just want to get good results. I don't work hard anymore. But, 20 years ago, dozens of people at different gyms said I was so dedicated to diet and exercise.

I would like to be one of those "success stories" but perhaps my genetics are just too mediocre.

Perhaps I just need a more moderate approach (1 hour hardcore exercise, 3-4x a week, regular TRT) and just settle for average physique.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty sure I read the gel is not as good as injectable test. I don't know because I'm not a trt guy. You want better results take more test. What I would do but I'm not saying for you to do is use less then they have me so my test levels kept coming back low so o could get prescribed as much testosterone as possible. So if I really only needed 150 to maintain high normal make it appear I need 250. That way could run that and just lower the dose a few weeks before I get tested. Or save the extra 100 mgs of test a week then In a few months I'd have enough extra to run a nice cycle. Lol once again not saying to do that. It's just what I would do if I was on trt.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I just want to get good results. I don't work hard anymore. But, 20 years ago, dozens of people at different gyms said I was so dedicated to diet and exercise.

I would like to be one of those "success stories" but perhaps my genetics are just too mediocre.

Perhaps I just need a more moderate approach (1 hour hardcore exercise, 3-4x a week, regular TRT) and just settle for average physique.
you just answered the results question here. You don’t work hard anymore so don’t expect great results. Twenty years ago is irrelevant to what you do today. 3-4x a week is fine but it’s the effort within those sessions that matter. I would even say 3-4 sessions of hard work is better than 6-7 days of training cause your going to burnout. Same goes with nutrition. Consistency + hard work= results. You don’t have mediocre genes you just aren’t willing to put inthe work needed to get the results you seek.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you just answered the results question here. You don’t work hard anymore so don’t expect great results. Twenty years ago is irrelevant to what you do today. 3-4x a week is fine but it’s the effort within those sessions that matter. I would even say 3-4 sessions of hard work is better than 6-7 days of training cause your going to burnout. Same goes with nutrition. Consistency + hard work= results. You don’t have mediocre genes you just aren’t willing to put inthe work needed to get the results you seek.
^This^
It’s no shortcuts to results, you get what you put in.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
In some ways, you are correct.

Honestly, I do not completely agree about genetics:

1. I tire after about one hour of heavy lifting or hard-core weights.

Some of my friends in the military or prison can lift several times per day and not overtrain.

I am not exaggerating. One of my friends who tried to make a SWAT team pumped iron morning and night (2 hours a day). His advice was "there is no such thing as over-training. I just do more physical work, and eat more."

Same thing with some people I know in prison. They do 3+ hours of pushups, burpees, etc. each day.

2. In the past, when I did those body transformation contests, I did everything exactly. But, I did not get the results I wanted.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Some of my friends in the military or prison can lift several times per day and not overtrain.

I am not exaggerating. One of my friends who tried to make a SWAT team pumped iron morning and night (2 hours a day). His advice was "there is no such thing as over-training. I just do more physical work, and eat more."

Same thing with some people I know in prison. They do 3+ hours of pushups, burpees, etc. each day.

2. In the past, when I did those body transformation contests, I did everything exactly. But, I did not get the results I wanted.
What is your program and nutrition look like? What is your daily and weekly routine outside of training like kids, work, sleep, etc…

there is no such thing as overtraining just under recovering. It’s all the same ****, you either over train or you under recover.

if you did transformation contests and you didn’t get the results you wanted you need to look deeper into what you did and what needs
To be done. Also are your expectations reality?

I’m 40 years old, natural, 2 kids, work construction, and leave at 530 and return 5pm everyday. I want to be 190-200lbs at 8-10% BF, and train 4-6 days a week, do recovery work, and have everything dialed in. That’s not my reality. I’ve found what works for me 4 days a week for 60-70 minutes and I’ve found what I can accomplish realistically. It’s about balance, I’m not willing to put in the work/time needed to bring me to the next level so I don’t expect those results. I am However going to train hard, food prep, know my macros, track my steps and weight, and run 6-week strength cycles knowing my RMs and what my goals are.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Can you go more in depth with your diet and your workout plan? I’m leaning to the fact your diet and workout are not in sync. Either you’re eating too much or not enough for what type of workout you’re doing or your workout isn’t intense enough.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

1, you should be tired after 1hr of heavy lifting, otherwise you don’t work hard enough.

You answered your own question with “my friends in the military and prison”, they don’t have anything else to do, no bills, no responsibilities so of course they can train multiple times a day.

2, No you didn’t.

Genetics do play a role in your results but hard will dedicate your results regardless.

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Guys in prison are a bad example, guys that train hard in prison are yoked because they eat, train hard if motivated and rest a ton…..the amount of potential rest they can get without the stresses of life will contribute to gains

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
do you have a log started with training and nutritional data?
getting cut is hard work. really hard work.
and usually about twice as much work and twice as much nutritional discipline as people think.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
1, you should be tired after 1hr of heavy lifting, otherwise you don’t work hard enough.

You answered your own question with “my friends in the military and prison”, they don’t have anything else to do, no bills, no responsibilities so of course they can train multiple times a day.

2, No you didn’t.

Genetics do play a role in your results but hard will dedicate your results regardless.
if you can train hard for an hour and aren’t sore or fatigued the next day, want to keep training, or can multiple days in a row without a problem your not training that hard.
At the end of my 6-week cycles I’m training hard enough that I’m glad when the sessions are over. I know it’s my last week so I’ll push through but I definetly don’t want more. At the begginning of the cycle I could easily tack in more work, time, or days because I’m not working that hard and should t be at the beginning of a cycle.

how do tou progress/overload your workouts over time?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
if you can train hard for an hour and aren’t sore or fatigued the next day, want to keep training, or can multiple days in a row without a problem your not training that hard.
At the end of my 6-week cycles I’m training hard enough that I’m glad when the sessions are over. I know it’s my last week so I’ll push through but I definetly don’t want more. At the begginning of the cycle I could easily tack in more work, time, or days because I’m not working that hard and should t be at the beginning of a cycle.

how do tou progress/overload your workouts over time?
Are you telling me something or are you asking me a question?

Leary942

Awards
Pretty sure I read the gel is not as good as injectable test.
It's not, at least when most people think about "getting results" when they use testosterone. I've only ever used topical products, speaking from personal experience, your physical results will just be better with pinning if that's what you're after. No one (as far as I know) has ever achieved "Greek God" physiques with gel or cream. What topical will do is allow you to experience the neurological benefits of androgens, with maybe modest improvements in physical shape provided you're combining it with good diet. It may be easier to restart your HPTA with topicals as well. YMMV, but I've never had an issue bouncing back from topical T. But in so far as people thinking T will magically transform their bodies, whether it be pinning or gel, people are just generally overestimating how important lifting actually is. You gotta put in to get results...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here's another thing I don't understand how nobody understands.

The way you get great results naturally, And the way you get great results on Trt, And the way you get great results on a cycle.

Are all exactly the same

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's not, at least when most people think about "getting results" when they use testosterone. I've only ever used topical products, speaking from personal experience, your physical results will just be better with pinning if that's what you're after. No one (as far as I know) has ever achieved "Greek God" physiques with gel or cream. What topical will do is allow you to experience the neurological benefits of androgens, with maybe modest improvements in physical shape provided you're combining it with good diet. It may be easier to restart your HPTA with topicals as well. YMMV, but I've never had an issue bouncing back from topical T. But in so far as people thinking T will magically transform their bodies, whether it be pinning or gel, people are just generally overestimating how important lifting actually is. You gotta put in to get results...
topicals are good just not for test I guess. Lol topical trestolone works great. Ha

Leary942

Awards
Topicals are fine provided you're not trying to push the limits of your anabolism. For a variety of reasons, it would just be impracticable to try that. The main one being topicals are typically always just a standard test base with no ester. So you would have to be applying large dosages of that **** twice a day, maybe more. Much simpler to pin test cyp and be done with it.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TRT is great for many - but, it's not magic.

TRT isn't just testosterone though, there are quite a few things to manage...Estrogen, DHEA, Pregnenolone, progesterone, etc. If anything is off, you're not going to get the results, energy and focus you want. Run straight test for too long and you're DHEA/Pregnenolone is likely going to be low and you're energy and mental clarity/focus will fade. Most guys on TRT are going in for bloodwork quarterly and their doctors are monitoring all these things. We supply our topical DHEA and Pregnelone to a number of TRT clinics - they love it!

many guys on TRT run dermacrine to optimize some of their results (it contains DHEA and Pregnenlone, as well as Resveratrol and 7,8 benzoflavone).

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info.

1. Will the doctor always do things intelligently?

2. Any other ways to make sure everything is done well?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for the info.

1. Will the doctor always do things intelligently?

2. Any other ways to make sure everything is done well?
1. No, they may not always do things intelligently, many primary care Physicians Don't know much about the topic. A lot of clinics are basically Legal drug dealers trying to oversell you all kinds of stuff that you don't need. Finging a good trt dr. Is a process. This is a big reason people need to be educated, so you can figure out if your trt doc Is treating YOU, or treating numbers on a piece of paper.

2. Yes, get educated best you can. Find a good doc that is knowldgable and will work with you.
If you Hired a carpenter to build something at your house. You wouldn't just let him build whatever he wanted, you could and hope its what you wanted but You would probably want him to build what you were paying him for. I think people should aproach Finding a good doctor with the same mentality. I'm paying you for your services So I want you to provide me with the services I want. I'm not saying you're going to tell your doctor what to do. But if you have a good doctor and you're knowledgeable on the topic yourself then they probably will work with you.

If you decided to self Administer, Do a lot of blood work in the first year and take a lot of notes.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would never let my primary care doctor manage something like this - they just don't have the expertise. It's like going to them for weight loss or anything else, they will offer really generic information...they're just not experts in that arena.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I would never let my primary care doctor manage something like this - they just don't have the expertise. It's like going to them for weight loss or anything else, they will offer really generic information...they're just not experts in that arena.
💯%

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah when it comes to TRT you’ve really got to be your own advocate. Took me three different doctors and one year to find a dr well versed in hormone replacement. You’ve got to do your research just like was said above.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
@delsolrob pls check pm's