How to function without Adderall?

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's another Rx drug but you can take it everyday and it'll give you a pretty good boost. Also, unlike adderall, it's good for teh bonorzzz!
It is an antidepressant but has “off-label” uses and plenty of research for methamphetamine, Rx amphetamines, cocaine and tobacco withdrawal!

It acts as a dopamine and norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitor. Meaning it increases norepi and dopamine in your brain. It also blocks nicotinic receptors.

Just be careful with the dose because coming of an amphetamine and taking bupropion/Wellbutrin can cause seizures.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, sad but true... lol, I actually took a day off the other day and felt fine, even did a few sprints, so it might be a possibility to get completely off. Idk, right now my life might work better with Adderall but I have come to an understanding that it will be better to take more days off. I have a good Dr that doing EKG’s and checking my heart yearly, I actually did ultrasound and a stress test recently, everything was good.

Everyone in this thread having a great conversation with a lot of good info, keep it going and thanks for helping out! 😊
What your on will bring you to your knees (eventually) and you won't have to worry about working or working out (cause you won't be doing either). Lots of folks are on that road and lots are hitting rock bottom today. What will your rock bottom look like? If you think it will look much different than a junkie near death, substance is fooling you (just like it does everyone else who is an addict). Don't f*ck around - this is your life or your death. Signed: a recovered addict in a 12 step program for life.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What your on will bring you to your knees (eventually) and you won't have to worry about working or working out (cause you won't be doing either). Lots of folks are on that road and lots are hitting rock bottom today. What will your rock bottom look like? If you think it will look much different than a junkie near death, substance is fooling you (just like it does everyone else who is an addict). Don't f*ck around - this is your life or your death. Signed: a recovered addict in a 12 step program for life.
Pretty powerful words. Glad you found your way out of that rabbit hole. Have a teenage son who got hooked on opiates, and had to send him off to rehab because he was completely powerless over the stuff. He was in rehab for almost 2 months, and over a year later seems to be managing recovery fairly well, although I suspect he will have to keep his guard up for the rest of his life. I don't think I'll ever lose that uneasy feeling I have for him. I feel that I also have a predisposition to addiction. Was prescribed klonopin several years ago to knock down my anxiety levels. I still take it, but have cut down to half a mg a night. There was a stretch where I was taking 2-3 mg daily, and I realized what was happening. Very sneaky. At first I tried to wean myself off it way too quickly, and ended up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack one night. So, while I haven't completely stopped taking it, I am well aware of how insidious it can be, and if I'm being completely honest, I do occasionally feel a tug to pop 2-3 mg just to experience that no-stress, carefree "buzz", especially when I'm stressed and anxious. For now, it always seems to be lurking in the back of my mind, but it is manageable. I suppose my brain chemistry will keep adjusting as I continue to take lower doses (lack of motivation, a bit of depression, short-fused at times, etc). This is chemical and physiological in nature, and it can take a long time for body and brain chemistry to normalize. I am also on an extended break from anabolics because I have hernia surgery coming up, and working out definitely isn't the same right now. Losing muscle mass and strength sucks, and is yet another layer of adversity to deal with. Just trying to keep it all in perspective...things could be worse!

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pretty powerful words. Glad you found your way out of that rabbit hole. Have a teenage son who got hooked on opiates, and had to send him off to rehab because he was completely powerless over the stuff. He was in rehab for almost 2 months, and over a year later seems to be managing recovery fairly well, although I suspect he will have to keep his guard up for the rest of his life. I don't think I'll ever lose that uneasy feeling I have for him. I feel that I also have a predisposition to addiction. Was prescribed klonopin several years ago to knock down my anxiety levels. I still take it, but have cut down to half a mg a night. There was a stretch where I was taking 2-3 mg daily, and I realized what was happening. Very sneaky. At first I tried to wean myself off it way too quickly, and ended up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack one night. So, while I haven't completely stopped taking it, I am well aware of how insidious it can be, and if I'm being completely honest, I do occasionally feel a tug to pop 2-3 mg just to experience that no-stress, carefree "buzz", especially when I'm stressed and anxious. For now, it always seems to be lurking in the back of my mind, but it is manageable. I suppose my brain chemistry will keep adjusting as I continue to take lower doses (lack of motivation, a bit of depression, short-fused at times, etc). This is chemical and physiological in nature, and it can take a long time for body and brain chemistry to normalize. I am also on an extended break from anabolics because I have hernia surgery coming up, and working out definitely isn't the same right now. Losing muscle mass and strength sucks, and is yet another layer of adversity to deal with. Just trying to keep it all in perspective...things could be worse!
Thank you. Got introduced to 12 step program via a hospital stay to get off opiates (crack, speed, alcohol and anything else to get high). Myself and millions would be dead let alone living a life we never imagined possible without 12 step. Your young lad owes it to himself to try it out - maybe it won't be the right thing now, but knowing their is a place with people just like him - who have found a way to never desire substance again and be happy is priceless. While sober and dry (no 12 step program), addiction continues to patiently do push ups in the background - just waiting for when life brings us to our knees (and it always does). After 25 years of dry sobriety, I had a major accident, and then a parent die, another get sick, a baby mama, a few other major problems - all at the same time. I decided to check out on free opiates via my accident and almost died a number of times over the next year. Anyhow, I wish I had got introduced to a 12 step program when I was younger - I would have had an easier time of a large portion of my life. Cheers.

Last edited:

xam2991

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was prescribed adderall and various other amphetamines as a youngster. They’re nasty drugs, gross even. I much prefer phenylpiracetam now. Oxiracetam is another good one.