How to function without Adderall?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lol, I’m not that bad but it would be nice to be more alert those days I don’t take Adderall, any suggestions?

I tried L Tyrosine in different doses, it helps a little but not as much, caffeine not very much.

To be totally honest, even though I take days off, I don’t think I could quit all together... it would be nice to know I have a “way out” if I needed.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Best thing, get off completely, go through withdrawals, get on nootropics to cycle instead.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Best thing, get off completely, go through withdrawals, get on nootropics to cycle instead.
Lol, easier said than done, I have a fast pace life with a high demanding job so it’s not realistic at the moment. I had vacation for 2 weeks a little while ago, I functioned but probably only on 50-60% (at least in my mind), didn’t have a single good workout, and couldn’t wait to get back on. So if I would get completely off, without anything else, it’ll probably take a month or even more, it’s just not doable...

Last edited:
Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Things are not gonna go well if you dont get off of it...

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah... I would like to find something I can use to get off or a healthier substitute, any ideas?
Nothing legal and otc will produce adderall effects.

Some Decent alternatives will be much more mold but a nice blend of noots can help in the focus and concentration department. I like black lion nootrol or sns focus xt combined with their noopept.

If you’re feeling festive we have the candy corn flavor in stock lol

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah... I would like to find something I can use to get off or a healthier substitute, any ideas?
BLR Nootrol
KSM66
Noopept combined with choline

Of course it will be difficult to get off completely, but not impossible.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don't think substitutes are gonna do the job - they are gonna leave you wanting more Adderal.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, easier said than done, I have a fast pace life with a high demanding job so it’s not realistic at the moment. I had vacation for 2 weeks a little while ago, I functioned but probably only on 50-60% (at least in my mind), didn’t have a single good workout, and couldn’t wait to get back on. So if I would get completely off, without anything else, it’ll probably take a month or even more, it’s just not doable...
Taper off your dose.... How much are you taking. I was on orange 30mg 2x per day. I was able to cut my dose down enough to come off.

Depression was the worst side for me, although I also felt like a sack of shyt and my body just didnt want to move.

In grad school and working full time so I could have easily justified it... I wanted off tho.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Taper off your dose.... How much are you taking. I was on orange 30mg 2x per day. I was able to cut my dose down enough to come off.

Depression was the worst side for me, although I also felt like a sack of shyt and my body just didnt want to move.

In grad school and working full time so I could have easily justified it... I wanted off tho.
My script is for 20mgx3 a day, I rarely take more than 40mg a day and I actually have cut back some and even if the temptation is there to take more and get the kick I got in the beginning I stay responsible (some sort, lol) and kept the doses to a minimum.

****! I feel like such a drug addict, lol, idk how I’ll be able get off and keep doing what I’m doing... if I told you guys about what I’m doing for a living you would understand (but probably don’t believe me)

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My script is for 20mgx3 a day, I rarely take more than 40mg a day and I actually have cut back some and even if the temptation is there to take more and get the kick I got in the beginning I stay responsible (some sort, lol) and kept the doses to a minimum.

****! I feel like such a drug addict, lol, idk how I’ll be able get off and keep doing what I’m doing... if I told you guys about what I’m doing for a living you would understand (but probably don’t believe me)
Cut your dose in half... You'll be fine working wise. You'll know if you have a problem and it's addictive if your main concern is that you womt get the same "kick". After a while cut that dose in half to just 5 mg per dose. Once you get down to 5 or 10 mg it'll be easy.

The problem with adderall is that it works directly on dopamine receptors. So it makes you feel good. It is essentially methamphetamine. So the longer youre on it the greater the risk to damaging your brains natural chemistry. You'll then need to drug to "feel better" bc your brain will need an opportunity to rebalance its chemistry

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cut your dose in half... You'll be fine working wise. You'll know if you have a problem and it's addictive if your main concern is that you womt get the same "kick". After a while cut that dose in half to just 5 mg per dose. Once you get down to 5 or 10 mg it'll be easy.

The problem with adderall is that it works directly on dopamine receptors. So it makes you feel good. It is essentially methamphetamine. So the longer youre on it the greater the risk to damaging your brains natural chemistry. You'll then need to drug to "feel better" bc your brain will need an opportunity to rebalance its chemistry
No, I’m not chasing the “kick” I had in the beginning (even though I would love to get it back) ;P

What can I use to stimulate the dopamine receptors naturally? I think that’s where I’m at now, I can feel very sluggish without Adderall.

Thanks for your help!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No, I’m not chasing the “kick” I had in the beginning (even though I would love to get it back) ;P

What can I use to stimulate the dopamine receptors naturally? I think that’s where I’m at now, I can feel very sluggish without Adderall.

Thanks for your help!
uridine can help the dopamine receptors in the brain.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
NAC, from personal experience high doses of NAC work better than anything I’ve tried as far as reducing addictive urges. Also protects dopamine receptors. Also reduces anxiety, irritability, and depression which are going to the common side effects of discontinuing amphetamine use.

I like NAC sustain from jarrow. 2-3g is what I’d be shooting for in your situation

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also agmatine could be quite helpful here as well. Agmatine tends to potentiate stims in many users, so if lowering dose this could help to get a similar level of effects. I’ve noticed significant differences in certain stims when adding 1-2g agmatine.

I also think this could help with some of the withdrawal symptoms based on personal experience.

NAC + agmatine would be a solid stack and one I honestly recommend to a ton of people.

I have been through what you are going through. Feel free to reach out

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also agmatine could be quite helpful here as well. Agmatine tends to potentiate stims in many users, so if lowering dose this could help to get a similar level of effects. I’ve noticed significant differences in certain stims when adding 1-2g agmatine.

I also think this could help with some of the withdrawal symptoms based on personal experience.

NAC + agmatine would be a solid stack and one I honestly recommend to a ton of people.

I have been through what you are going through. Feel free to reach out
Thanks, this very useful info! I actually been thinking about trying NAC, I’ll get some and dose it on my day off from Adderall.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, this very useful info! I actually been thinking about trying NAC, I’ll get some and dose it on my day off from Adderall.
Best of luck and interested in hearing how you feel about it. Cbf to dig it up, but I recall a study in young adult males dosing at 3g a day for 2 or 3 months with no safety issues. Typical doses in fitness supps are much lower, don’t be afraid to go high though. I found 1.8g to be a pretty effective dose for me, but I’m a smaller guy.

Only negative I’ve experienced from high doses is bad smelling gas. Plan accordingly

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Best of luck and interested in hearing how you feel about it. Cbf to dig it up, but I recall a study in young adult males dosing at 3g a day for 2 or 3 months with no safety issues. Typical doses in fitness supps are much lower, don’t be afraid to go high though. I found 1.8g to be a pretty effective dose for me, but I’m a smaller guy.

Only negative I’ve experienced from high doses is bad smelling gas. Plan accordingly
Btw what do you think about N-Acetyl Tyrosine?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Been through this myself except with much higher dosages. After cold turkey, completed WD’s, feel great now without anything and even 100mg caffeine gives me a decent boost. It’s worth it.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Doing a day off today from the Adderall today, had a good night of sleep and only have to work hard this morning so it’ll be manageable, the urge to take some is there though...

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Been through this myself except with much higher dosages. After cold turkey, completed WD’s, feel great now without anything and even 100mg caffeine gives me a decent boost. It’s worth it.
How long did it take for you to feel “normal”?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How long did it take for you to feel “normal”?
A few weeks of lethargy, then months of other brain recovery symptoms. But, I was also WDing from 3 things simultaneously. My experience will be far worse than yours.
But it’s an amazing feeling to wake up feeling good, not needing any boost, and not craving anything throughout the day.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One of my first GF's was on adderall 60mgs ED for years and I will honestly tell you that several years in it had some major pyschiatric effects on her, until she finally got off.

I administered that drug when I was licensed to do so, and honestly it is nothing but a legal street drug. I have used it many times and it certainly is effective, but it is addictive and it will be VERY difficult to come off.

You def may try some Nootropics to "come off" but if you have an addictive personality, you will have issues with even those.

It's very hard with all the crap in our food and air nowadays. And then the State of the World. We all work, and work and work more, and the fast pace is just enough for anyone to look for any way out. So don't beat yourself up, but be realistic about it. If you come off adderall and are already looking for an "alternative" you may have addiction issues. Many of us do. Accept it and then figure out a plan around it when you are ready.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New MA Labs Product: ADERALL

Hi, guys. I am super excited about my newest product, Aderall. It just went into production and should be out within the next 3 weeks or so. It will be unlike any other product on the market today, as no other product has the ingredient profile this stuff has. This product is LOADED! Check out the ingredient profile! I have a lot to say about this product, but most of the details will be in the write-up (e.g. product description). For now, I will just touch on the basics.

As you can see, I designed this product to mimic the effects of Adderall, which is not an easy task, but it IS possible. Let's look at the CNS stim blend first. I decided on a combination of dicaffeine male, theacrine and dynamine. Not only will this blend provide a prolonged effect (dicaffeine malate has a longer duration of action compared to regular caffeine), but due to the nature of theacrine and dynamine (and unlike most stim bends), it will not cause the jitters or anxiety, nor will it elevate heart rate or blood pressure to any significant degree. This was an important prerequisite, as the script drug Adderall does not typically provide the erratic, jump out of your seat feeling that many stims provide. Instead, it provides a very intense, but focused effect that lends itself to both physical activity and mental tasks with equal proficiency. For this reason, I knew early on that this particular combo was going to be the foundational CNS component of the product.

The next ingredient falls in the class of compounds known as eugeroics. For this compound, I decided on adrafinil. For those of you who are unfamiliar with adrafinil, it is very cool stuff. It converts directly to modafinil at an impressive rate and as a result, provides the same exact effect as modafinil, yet it lasts considerably longer (about 12-15 hours). Therefore, this product is NOT something you would want to take in the afternoon or evening, but rather in the morning...or at least 12 hours before going to sleep. As you can see, I dosed this compound HIGH at a full 500 mg per serving. This will provide the equivalent of roughly 250-330 mg of modafinil-- a powerful dosage, to be sure. When combined with the stim blend mentioned above, the effect is highly euphoric, invigorating and both physcially an cognitively enhancing. Just this combination of ingredients alone would be enough to warrant a product n its own, but I went WAY further than that. Enter the nootropic blend...

With a blend of phenylpiracetam, sunifiram, alpha GPC, sulbutiamine, l-theanine and huperzine-a, Adderall is a vertiable powerhouse! The phenylpiracetam alone is dosed at 125 mg--a dose you're not going to find in any supplement in this industry (if you find it at all), especially in a combination product like this. Phenylpiracetam is awesome stuff, enhancing both physcial and mental abilities alike. It is widely considered to be the most powerful racetam. Unfortunately, It is banned in IOC competition, so for those of you who are subjected to those testing guidelines, abstinence is required. Like phenylpiracetam, sunifiram is also considered the most powerful compound in its class (the ampakines) and is dosed at a full 10 mg. Throw some alpha GPC on top of that (to supercharge the effects of the racetams and ampakines), some huperzine-a on top of that (which supercharges the effect of alpha GPC), some sulbutiamine and l-theanine...and you have a powerhouse supplement unlike anything else on the market today!

I could go on for pages and pages about each ingredient, but I will stop here...and those of you who want to learn more, more information will be available when the product is released. Just read the product description on the product page.

Note: Although the ingredient profile shown below lists the product as having 20 servings, the final ingredient profile will have it listed as 20-30 servings, as many people will NOT need (or want) to take the full dosage. With each ingredient being dosed at or above full clinical doses, a full 3 cap dose is very pwerfull. Keep in mind that it takes about 60-75 mminutes for this product to fully kick-in, but once it does, you may find that 3 caps is more than enough for you. Some of you will love the full dose, while others will scale it back a bit. To each their own. :)

Aderall High Potency Psychostimulant-Nootropic Matrix”

60 Capsules
Servings Size:
3 capsules (1,885 mg)
Servings per Bottle: 20

Per Serving:

CNS Stimulant Complex

Dynamine: 250 mg
Dicaffeine Malate: 200 mg
Theacrine: 200 mg

Pro-Modafinil Analogue
Adrafinil: 500 mg

Nootropic Complex

Alpha GPC: 200 mg
Sulbutiamine: 200 mg
L-Theanine: 200 mg
Phenylpiracetam: 125 mg
Sunifiram: 10 mg
Huperzine-A: 100 mcg

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Excited!! Can't wait to try it!!

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One of my first GF's was on adderall 60mgs ED for years and I will honestly tell you that several years in it had some major pyschiatric effects on her, until she finally got off.

I administered that drug when I was licensed to do so, and honestly it is nothing but a legal street drug. I have used it many times and it certainly is effective, but it is addictive and it will be VERY difficult to come off.

You def may try some Nootropics to "come off" but if you have an addictive personality, you will have issues with even those.

It's very hard with all the crap in our food and air nowadays. And then the State of the World. We all work, and work and work more, and the fast pace is just enough for anyone to look for any way out. So don't beat yourself up, but be realistic about it. If you come off adderall and are already looking for an "alternative" you may have addiction issues. Many of us do. Accept it and then figure out a plan around it when you are ready.
I actually got some NAT and been able to cut down on my Adderall a lot and taking days off is not as bad anymore.

Ugh, I know what you’re saying, but I’m not sure I want to get completely off, lol, I feel I’m so much better with it 😜

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I actually got some NAT and been able to cut down on my Adderall a lot and taking days off is not as bad anymore.

Ugh, I know what you’re saying, but I’m not sure I want to get completely off, lol, I feel I’m so much better with it 😜
We all feel we’re so much better with it, but that’s not usually the case 😜

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try combining:

Adrafinil
Phenylpiracetam
Noopept

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you are swapping out a heavily studied therapeutic drug for 2 research chemicals and a therapeutic drug?
I’m definitely not claiming it’s as effective as Adderall!

I don’t have an adderall prescription though. So this plus some caffeine has been my recent “experiment”.

Helps me with focus and staying awake for long periods of time but a very low “stimulant” effect like amphetamines.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you are swapping out a heavily studied therapeutic drug for 2 research chemicals and a therapeutic drug?
Not to mention that Adrafinil is pretty much entirely inferior to Modafinil. If you’re going to go that route, just get actual Modafinil or Armodafinil.

Edit: I know someone is going to mention how much easier it is to get Adrafinil than Modafinil or Armodafinil, and the legality of it, which is true, but I’ve just never been a fan of Adrafinil personally.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not to mention that Adrafinil is pretty much entirely inferior to Modafinil. If you’re going to go that route, just get actual Modafinil or Armodafinil.

Edit: I know someone is going to mention how much easier it is to get Adrafinil than Modafinil or Armodafinil, and the legality of it, which is true, but I’ve just never been a fan of Adrafinil personally.
Adrafinil breaks down into Modafinil.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m well aware of that. I’d rather cut out the middleman and use Modafinil, or Armodafinil.
Fair enough. Do you add anything to the modafinil to give it an amphetamine effect like the OP is asking for?

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m well aware of that. I’d rather cut out the middleman and use Modafinil, or Armodafinil.
Fair enough. Do you add anything to the modafinil to give it an amphetamine effect like the OP is asking for?

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How does modafinil feel? Is it comparable to Adderall?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Mike Arnold's new product coming out soon might be worth a try

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn’t try to chase the amphetamine feeling so much as just trying to come as close as possible to the productivity improving effects, or at least take something daily that reduces the need to rely on amphetamines on a regular basis to get work done, if that makes any sense.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn’t try to chase the amphetamine feeling so much as just trying to come as close as possible to the productivity improving effects, or at least take something daily that reduces the need to rely on amphetamines on a regular basis to get work done, if that makes any sense.
Yeah, definitely makes since! Anything you have tried that boosts your productivity? Or anything you have combined with Modafinil?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, definitely makes since! Anything you have tried that boosts your productivity? Or anything you have combined with Modafinil?
I have only used -finils on rare occasions during final exams and big projects, and it’s been a while since then.

My daily energy stack is caffeine, which I try to get the most out of by adding a little theanine (to balance it; 100-200mg) ornithine (to potentiate and extend the duration; 250mg), and theacrine (to get a little boost that isn’t subject to the same tolerance buildup, and itself has improved absorption when taken with caffeine; 50-100mg). Now, this won’t touch amphetamines or -finils, but you can use it every day, so if you can get more done every day, hopefully you don’t have to use the stronger stuff as much to play catch-up.

If you’re sleep deprived and/or fatigued, rhodiola is also very solid to add (~200mg of 3% rosavin and 1-2% salidroside). Tyrosine is good too, but l-tyrosine > NALT, and you want 2g minimum. ALCAR at 1-2g is solid as well.

An AChE-I like huperzine at 100-200mcg may also be worth adding if you’re sleep deprived and/or doing very mentally demanding things. Or you can just use 200-300mg Alpha-GPC is CDP-choline. Or huperzine and choline. The AChE-I may only help when you’re sleep deprived or doing something particularly demanding, and may not be needed if taking choline already, but it’s cheap enough to add I suppose. You can then add in 1.2-2.4g piracetam or 10-20mg Noopept, which has been shown (piracetam has) in rodent studies to have synergy with choline, and that regular use is superior to acute use, so you’ll want to take these daily.

Summary: 3 basic “stacks/combos.” You can try them all together and it should be pretty solid for daily use:

-Caffeine + Theanine + Ornithine + Theacrine

-Choline + AChE-I (optional) + Piracetam/Noopept

-Tyrosine + ALCAR + Rhodiola

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have only used -finils on rare occasions during final exams and big projects, and it’s been a while since then.

My daily energy stack is caffeine, which I try to get the most out of by adding a little theanine (to balance it; 100-200mg) ornithine (to potentiate and extend the duration; 250mg), and theacrine (to get a little boost that isn’t subject to the same tolerance buildup, and itself has improved absorption when taken with caffeine; 50-100mg). Now, this won’t touch amphetamines or -finils, but you can use it every day, so if you can get more done every day, hopefully you don’t have to use the stronger stuff as much to play catch-up.

If you’re sleep deprived and/or fatigued, rhodiola is also very solid to add (~200mg of 3% rosavin and 1-2% salidroside). Tyrosine is good too, but l-tyrosine > NALT, and you want 2g minimum. ALCAR at 1-2g is solid as well.

An AChE-I like huperzine at 100-200mcg may also be worth adding if you’re sleep deprived and/or doing very mentally demanding things. Or you can just use 200-300mg Alpha-GPC is CDP-choline. Or huperzine and choline. The AChE-I may only help when you’re sleep deprived or doing something particularly demanding, and may not be needed if taking choline already, but it’s cheap enough to add I suppose. You can then add in 1.2-2.4g piracetam or 10-20mg Noopept, which has been shown (piracetam has) in rodent studies to have synergy with choline, and that regular use is superior to acute use, so you’ll want to take these daily.

Summary: 3 basic “stacks/combos.” You can try them all together and it should be pretty solid for daily use:

-Caffeine + Theanine + Ornithine + Theacrine

-Choline + AChE-I (optional) + Piracetam/Noopept

-Tyrosine + ALCAR + Rhodiola

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
OP, you’re a functioning meth addict. You need to come to terms with this and re-evaluate your decisions before it’s too late. This is coming from a place of tough love. Something men don’t do enough. Seek professional help if you’re not able to overcome this.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
OP, you’re a functioning meth addict.
Yeah, sad but true... lol, I actually took a day off the other day and felt fine, even did a few sprints, so it might be a possibility to get completely off. Idk, right now my life might work better with Adderall but I have come to an understanding that it will be better to take more days off. I have a good Dr that doing EKG’s and checking my heart yearly, I actually did ultrasound and a stress test recently, everything was good.

Everyone in this thread having a great conversation with a lot of good info, keep it going and thanks for helping out! 😊

Last edited:
nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you ever tried Bupropion?