How to combat acne on testosteone?

TESTP89

TESTP89

Awards
How would you recommend?

Noticing some acne on upper chest and back.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Scrubbing your skin with a loofa or shower brush using Dawn dish soap in the shower really dries it out and cuts down on grease for several days. Once or twice a week will make a nice difference.

I had tried capped B5/Pantothenic Acid in the past but due to cost I don’t believe I was using enough at 3-6g daily. This was the main ingredient in BLR’s discontinued Acnedren

Vigorous Steve made a recent video recommending consuming 10-20g daily of B5, saying he would buy bulk powder, mix it in a glass of water he kept in the fridge, and stir it and take a few drinks throughout the day. I bought some bulk powder and have been using 7.5g once or twice a day this last week. It is super bitter and tastes horrible. I mix it fresh and chug because it doesn’t go into solution well. It greatly decreases the inflammation of the acne, obviously so and quickly. Not a miracle but it for sure helps.

Make sure your estrogen isn’t too high. If skin is getting greasy, that’s a dead giveaway.

High doses of Vit E, and I believe A as well, will help reduce acne. I’m not sure that’s healthy longterm based on some things I’ve read.

I’ve heard of microdosing Accutane, like 20mg of isotretinoin once a week, but never tried it yet.

Putting neosporin/antibiotic ointment on active zits can help heal them faster.