Unanswered How many of you have hair?

Spookybro

Awards
I've done several cycles since 25yrs old and have a full head of hair. I've even blasted 800mg test per week for 14 weeks and it didnt affect my hair.
Genes not androgens is imo the key part.

Do you have hair? If not, when did you lose yours?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
gone in my late 20's from a long run of prednisone... fml.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Full head here. Gone up to a gram of test before with no loss.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a tiny bit of thinning in the front but pretty full and yeah I've blasted all kinds of gear. My friend's never touched gear and he's a cueball.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Full head of hair, never even experienced shedding. It's genetic. If going bald is in the cards for you then steroids will make you go bald faster. My dad is pushing 70 with a full head of hair. Ive used multiple dht oral compounds and some pretty high doses with no shedding. On test mast winny, no shedding. On the other side of things I have many friends my age 34, who have never used steroids and are completely bald

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have thin hair and don’t have a lot of it everybody always told me I’d lose my hair quick in my early 20s I did many cycles and am now on test all year round and I’ve never experienced shedding ever.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mine is almost gone but no steroids have had any effect on it. I’ve been slowly balding since 26, no faster on 3-6 months out of the year dht’s. It’s just random. You’d think with my prone-ness to it, steroids would certainly accelerate it, but they simply haven’t

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
experienced some hair thinning pretty bad from running adrenosterone for 5 weeks. Ran various multiple sarm cycles before and never had any other hair problems

OneRepMax1111

Awards
I've done several cycles since 25yrs old and have a full head of hair. I've even blasted 800mg test per week for 14 weeks and it didnt affect my hair.

My hair is okay for mid forties.

I must say a superdrol cycle a couple of years back had me shedding hair in clumps. It’s never quite recovered.

Best DHT blocker- topical caffeine IMO , as a tonic or leave in conditioner.

DieselJD

Awards
There comes a point in your life when you just need to get over it i guess. Been slowly losing more hair since ive beeen about 24. 31 now. My first cycle accelerated the process. I chose muscles over preserving what little hair I had left. Fingers crossed mpb will be cured in our lifetime. Read stuff the other day that a cure is possible next year

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My hair is okay for mid forties.

I must say a superdrol cycle a couple of years back had me shedding hair in clumps. It’s never quite recovered.

Best DHT blocker- topical caffeine IMO , as a tonic or leave in conditioner.
How have you gone about the topical caffeine? I've seen it as part of a shampoo but nvr considered using it alone.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I was on testosterone, td trest and yk11 and started noticing shedding in the shower. I dropped the trest and the shedding is slowing down. You can't tell by looking at my hair as it wasn't happening long but I definitely noticed strands on my hands when washing my hair. Any1 shed on trest? I keep notes on everything that happens to me with each compound I use and this is the first time I have ever got shedding going on. I used trest in the past no problems, yk11 no problems. Maybe it was a combination of the 2?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I was on testosterone, td trest and yk11 and started noticing shedding in the shower. I dropped the trest and the shedding is slowing down. You can't tell by looking at my hair as it wasn't happening long but I definitely noticed strands on my hands when washing my hair. Any1 shed on trest? I keep notes on everything that happens to me with each compound I use and this is the first time I have ever got shedding going on. I used trest in the past no problems, yk11 no problems. Maybe it was a combination of the 2?
I wouldn't notice shedding now, since I've buzzed my head (no guard) for years. I did it for work years ago, and everybody liked it, so I kept it.
But I did go through a period of shedding (MPB runs in my family). I'm not sure, but I think I would've been taking Adrostenedione at that time.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Full beautiful head of hair...that I annoyingly have to shave off lol...genetics genetics - all the men in my family grow old with full head of brown hair. And yes, I've used plenty of compounds that could make me lose enough to notice

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I haven't lost any hair after 20 cycles of several different combos and i don't expect to. Both of my grandfather's are near 90 with full heads of hair.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Just to follow up to my previous post.. I am in my 30s and have a receding hairline. I am VERY genetically prone and everyone in my family went completely bald in their 20s and they did not use AAS like me.

The whole AAS = hair loss if you are prone idea comes from the concept that increased DHT will cause the hair loss. While it seems to be universally accepted that DHT is the main cause for hair loss, it never made sense to me. I know people who had a full head of hair in their 30s and 40s without ANY shedding and then when they were in their 50s and 60s they began to lose their hair and go bald. Why would they keep a full head of hair when their DHT levels are at their highest and then only start to lose their hair as DHT levels begin to drop?

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just to follow up to my previous post.. I am in my 30s and have a receding hairline. I am VERY genetically prone and everyone in my family went completely bald in their 20s and they did not use AAS like me.

The whole AAS = hair loss if you are prone idea comes from the concept that increased DHT will cause the hair loss. While it seems to be universally accepted that DHT is the main cause for hair loss, it never made sense to me. I know people who had a full head of hair in their 30s and 40s without ANY shedding and then when they were in their 50s and 60s they began to lose their hair and go bald. Why would they keep a full head of hair when their DHT levels are at their highest and then only start to lose their hair as DHT levels begin to drop?
I'm with you on that, there's definitely more to it. Its strange that it makes hair grow everywhere on your body but then bullys it to death on your head, not definitive proof but something to think about

OneRepMax1111

Awards
How have you gone about the topical caffeine? I've seen it as part of a shampoo but nvr considered using it alone.
Alpecin hair tonic, caffeinated, menthol and other stuff energises the roots. Check the net various brands of caffeine energizer out there. Twice daily is recommended.

I use a derma roller weekly for regeneration of the scalp.

I use kanazole shampoo once a week for anti fungal as well as ph balance.

In a matter of a few weeks areas of thin hair are slowly but surely filling out.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not interested in changing my hair situation at all, at this point. I like my bald head.

But many years ago, I researched some of the "treatments". Also, for 5 or so years, I was able to get specialty shampoos, and things like Minoxidil for free, as a perk, so I used them. I honestly didn't notice a difference.

Here's an interesting true story someone I used to be very close to related to me ...
A relative of hers was balding, and she started daily massaging baby oil into his scalp (I think it was once daily, but it might have been twice). She said the hair grew back. She said that it didn't "maybe grow back a little". She said that "it grew back".
Like I said, I'm not interested in treatments, but I always found that interesting.

Last edited:
MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established

I’m 25 and receding, however it started around the time I stopped lifting for a while. it’s never made worse by test or DHTs. Weird cuz I thought for sure it would’ve gotten worse but yet it hasn’t.. MPB is rampant in my family, and the guys are usually shaving there heads by 30. I have a thick head of hair, and can still style it so it goes with my hairline but it’s noticeable. I assume I’ll have to shave by like 30 by the latest if it progresses naturally

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
gone in my late 20's from a long run of prednisone... fml.
how long and how high?! I’m on low dose for 4-5 days! Should I be worried?

didn’t know this was a side effect at all :/

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
how long and how high?! I’m on low dose for 4-5 days! Should I be worried?

didn’t know this was a side effect at all :/
it was almost 30 yrs ago after surgery... in all honesty i have no idea but it was for months not days.

btw it does weird sh!7 to people.. have a friend who had to take it for a tumor over the course of two yrs,, he was literally unrecognizable... yet lost little hair.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Genetic expression changes as you get older. Also perhaps prolonged exposure to DHT take a toll. But there is no denying its DHT related.

Castrated men dont go bald!

I am sure there are other factors that come in to play as well. Some says e2 to test ratio etc.. But no doubt DHT plays a huge role

DieselJD

Awards
Genetic expression changes as you get older. Also perhaps prolonged exposure to DHT take a toll. But there is no denying its DHT related.

I am sure there are other factors that come in to play as well. Some says e2 to test ratio etc.. But no doubt DHT plays a huge role
Hmmm no balls or no hair. Tough choice

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
LOL. I'd like to say, "Look how virile I am (pointing to my head)", but sadly it doesn't work that way. Apparently, MPB is affected by any Testosterone, whether it be high, or very low.
Dang it! LOL.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

From my experience and those who have shared it is most definitely more to do with genes. People who are already predetermined genetically to suffer from balding just have the process sped up from gear imo.

DieselJD

Awards
Instead of sex you just sit and have long talks while you brush each other’s hair. It’s fun!
"Oh yeah babe just like that, long and hard" as she forecfully drags a comb through my mane. What a life

DieselJD

Awards
Instead of sex you just sit and have long talks while you brush each other’s hair. It’s fun!
"Oh yeah babe just like that, long and hard" as she forecfully drags a comb through my mane. What a life

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That made me shed a tear ...

210LBS

Awards
  • Established

Yeah it's universally accepted that DHT plays a role. I just always thought it was weird that some people begin to suffer from MPB when their DHT levels are at their lowest. I know several people who had the hair of a teenager by the age of 45 and then they began to suffer from MPB and lost their hair by 50. I know a guy who started suffering from MPB at around 60 and he is now 65 with some hair left, but mostly bald. So, although DHT plays a huge role, there are clearly other factors at play in determining when and if you will lose your hair.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah it's universally accepted that DHT plays a role. I just always thought it was weird that some people begin to suffer from MPB when their DHT levels are at their lowest. I know several people who had the hair of a teenager by the age of 45 and then they began to suffer from MPB and lost their hair by 50. I know a guy who started suffering from MPB at around 60 and he is now 65 with some hair left, but mostly bald. So, although DHT plays a huge role, there are clearly other factors at play in determining when and if you will lose your hair.
So dht plays a role. Maybe it can speed up the process. But I think the fact that you will or will not retain your hair is 100% genetic. Maybe I've paid too much attention to anecdotal evidence but I've yet to see anything to the contrary.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
So dht plays a role. Maybe it can speed up the process. But I think the fact that you will or will not retain your hair is 100% genetic. Maybe I've paid too much attention to anecdotal evidence but I've yet to see anything to the contrary.
When it comes down to it, it's ultimately all genetic.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When it comes down to it, it's ultimately all genetic.
That's crazy isnt it? I recently spoke to a cardiologist and he said something like "if I want to know how your hearts health will be, I jus ask how your fathers was" said it was basically 90% the same. All this I crazy interesting.....

Even hair is just an inherited trait.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
That's crazy isnt it? I recently spoke to a cardiologist and he said something like "if I want to know how your hearts health will be, I jus ask how your fathers was" said it was basically 90% the same. All this I crazy interesting.....

Even hair is just an inherited trait.
Hair, heart, even cancer are things that are greatly affected / determined by our genetics. With that said, science has come a long way in regards to fighting hair loss, heart disease, and cancers. Lifestyle also plays a role as well in increasing or decreasing the likelihood of some of those people who are predisposed to these conditions. But it's ultimately genetics that I think play the largest role.

Lowkii

Lowkii

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I still have a full head of hair which can get out of control fast if I don't maintain and keep it cut... My dad and brother however are completely bold. They both lost there hair by the time they where 21... I'm moving on the near side of 30 and still have my hair even after heavy steroid cycles.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I still have a full head of hair which can get out of control fast if I don't maintain and keep it cut... My dad and brother however are completely bold. They both lost there hair by the time they where 21... I'm moving on the near side of 30 and still have my hair even after heavy steroid cycles.
They say it runs on your mothers side.. which I don’t believe as on my mother’s side her brother went bald in her 30s and my father started receding early 20s; same as me.

However if it is passed down on mother’s side.. doesn’t that mean women are the reason we go bald? It would of always come from the women’s genes ergo women=make you bald.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think we should start a thread on which compound made you grow the most hair all over your body...except your head lol.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not gonna lie. Didn't think you were speaking about hair when I started reading that. Hahaha

mynewusername

Awards
From my experience and those who have shared it is most definitely more to do with genes. People who are already predetermined genetically to suffer from balding just have the process sped up from gear imo.
just like everything in life, genetics are a difference between a whale and a virus, between a silverback gorilla and an ant, theres people that can roid on unreal amounts of tren, test bla bla bla for life and have a full head of thick shiny hair and theres people that dont have a gram of androgen in their bodies but are bald like that guy from the try guys.

or like the ones in my ex hschool who had hard mpb at 16.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

42 I can run whatever my hair still all in tact Some dhts (like masteron) make me shed more but I have a full set of hair.
Its really genetic, for those predisposed to losing their hair AAS will just speed up the process.

mynewusername

Awards
42 I can run whatever my hair still all in tact Some dhts (like masteron) make me shed more but I have a full set of hair.
Its really genetic, for those predisposed to losing their hair AAS will just speed up the process.
exactly my dad is 64 right now with a full head of strong colored hair which stands up high without use of any product, my sisters husbands are bald like theyre 80, if your hair follicles dont code for losing hair then androgens wont trigger it, theres obv levels to it but dht is obv not the end all be all.