Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Rocket3015 have you ever had an issue with elevated SHBG? Or anyone else in this thread for that matter...

I am still waiting on some bloodwork to check mine, but it seems relatively common for those on TRT...
No problems with SHBG ....

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Actually it causes on many individuals. Just google it and u gonna see.

im gonna lay low for a while, i am keeping my lbs. so everything is fine.

Ill do some bloods in about one or two months and see how my liver is.
What were your total T and free T levels when your liver readings were elevated?

Also what was your E2?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Do most people on this board goto Men's TRT clinics or primary doctor?

My insurance makes me get a referral for an endocrinologist or urologist. And it's been like pulling teeth to get anywhere.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

My insurance makes me get a referral for an endocrinologist or urologist. And it's been like pulling teeth to get anywhere.
Urologist who specializes in male repro health for me

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Find an integrative medicine practice.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Family Doctor!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Family Doctor!
If your family dr is up on the latest TRT practice, then you’re very lucky. Most family dr’s will give you androgel and send you on your way with no follow-ups and no other labs.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
If your family dr is up on the latest TRT practice, then you’re very lucky. Most family dr’s will give you androgel and send you on your way with no follow-ups and no other labs.
Mine family doc didnt hesitate to give me some test cyp, but his protocol ideas are outdated. I'm attempting to ask for things a little at a time to groom into a good trt doc...haha

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine family doc didnt hesitate to give me some test cyp, but his protocol ideas are outdated. I'm attempting to ask for things a little at a time to groom into a good trt doc...haha
Basically what I did. I basically said yes to whatever he wanted to do, dosed it how I wanted and thought was best after researching thoroughly and then when I got my labs done and he was pleased with the levels, I broke the news on how I was actually administering and he was pleasantly surprised and said “I guess I have some research to do”

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Best thing about my Family Dr. he screwed up my last script and gave me 6 refills rather than the 2 I should have gotten !!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Basically what I did. I basically said yes to whatever he wanted to do, dosed it how I wanted and thought was best after researching thoroughly and then when I got my labs done and he was pleased with the levels, I broke the news on how I was actually administering and he was pleasantly surprised and said “I guess I have some research to do”
Haha nice.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Best thing about my Family Dr. he screwed up my last script and gave me 6 refills rather than the 2 I should have gotten !!
Excellent.

There is a well respected TRT clinic nearby that charges around $250 a month, but they dont take my insurance.

So, I am going to put a little work in with the family doc and zero copays. Especially since at least I'm already in the test cyp.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Excellent.

There is a well respected TRT clinic nearby that charges around $250 a month, but they dont take my insurance.

So, I am going to put a little work in with the family doc and zero copays. Especially since at least I'm already in the test cyp.
That sounds like a good plan that won't break the bank.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
What were your total T and free T levels when your liver readings were elevated?

Also what was your E2?
Total T was around a thousand and free test was above normal levels but i dont remember numbers unfortunately

E2 was in place, but i was taking A.I, when i dont it gets slightly elevated like 6.0 on a maximum of 5.0 for men

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Total T was around a thousand and free test was above normal levels but i dont remember numbers unfortunately

E2 was in place, but i was taking A.I, when i dont it gets slightly elevated like 6.0 on a maximum of 5.0 for men
What E2 test are you taking? Usually the test most guys get has a different scale. On the test I’m referring to, the range to be in the is the low 20’s.

Also, having your total T and free T at a high level as yours was could be an issue. Not everyone does well in the upper levels. More definitely isn’t better when it comes to TRT. Maybe try to lower your T levels and it may help.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I ended up going to the TRT clinic near my home today.

The doctor was pretty shocked how low my total T was from my bloodwork a month back. He did a bunch more bloodwork today, and I may begin treatment next week.

He seemed concerned about possible pituitary problems, and he is checking my prolactin. He said elevated prolactin can be a sign of a pituitary problem.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I ended up going to the TRT clinic near my home today.

The doctor was pretty shocked how low my total T was from my bloodwork a month back. He did a bunch more bloodwork today, and I may begin treatment next week.

He seemed concerned about possible pituitary problems, and he is checking my prolactin. He said elevated prolactin can be a sign of a pituitary problem.

The only thing I will caution is Those Clinic Soul Purpose is to MAKE MONEY !!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
The only thing I will caution is Those Clinic Soul Purpose is to MAKE MONEY !!
I disagree somewhat... I know they are there to make money, but the doctor was very upfront about everythibg and much more knowledgeable than my primary care doctor.

He even suggested I work with him for a couple months to get my hormones in order, and then return to my primary care doctor. At that point, I can explain the protocol that is working, and see if my doctor will be in board.

I have a good feeling my primary doctor will be on board. He didnt hesitate to prescribe the test cyp. He means well, just doesn't have to level of expertise I need right now.

Also, I dont know if I would have been able to convince my doctor to order all of the labs im getting done at the clinic, and only for $100.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I disagree somewhat... I know they are there to make money, but the doctor was very upfront about everythibg and much more knowledgeable than my primary care doctor.

He even suggested I work with him for a couple months to get my hormones in order, and then return to my primary care doctor. At that point, I can explain the protocol that is working, and see if my doctor will be in board.

I have a good feeling my primary doctor will be on board. He didnt hesitate to prescribe the test cyp. He means well, just doesn't have to level of expertise I need right now.

Also, I dont know if I would have been able to convince my doctor to order all of the labs im getting done at the clinic, and only for $100.

Good, Glad you found someone you feel comfortable working with !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thanks man.

I'm just really hoping I dont have some sort of pituitary problem. The doctor seemed pretty concerned with my test level at the age of 33...

Especially, since I have only run one prohormone cycle about 10 years ago, and i did PCT. So it would be hard to believe that messed up my endocrine system.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks man.

I'm just really hoping I dont have some sort of pituitary problem. The doctor seemed pretty concerned with my test level at the age of 33...

Especially, since I have only run one prohormone cycle about 10 years ago, and i did PCT. So it would be hard to believe that messed up my endocrine system.

I think you will be fine!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks man.

I think you will be fine!!

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
What E2 test are you taking? Usually the test most guys get has a different scale. On the test I’m referring to, the range to be in the is the low 20’s.

Also, having your total T and free T at a high level as yours was could be an issue. Not everyone does well in the upper levels. More definitely isn’t better when it comes to TRT. Maybe try to lower your T levels and it may help.
Anastrozol 0.5mg, Monday, Thursday ... Great stuff, my E2 was 2.5 last blood

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
so is there no healthy level of AI ?
Not according to the three doctors above. There YouTube channel called TOT revolution I think, with Jay guy as host. He kind of used car salesman like, but has doctors on that are tops in field. Just got mt bloodwork back: Old protocol: 90mg every 3.5 days w/ .5mg anastrozole each time - E2 mid-upper 30s each time. New protocol with NO AI - E2 at 35. It works (for me at least).

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Not according to the three doctors above. There YouTube channel called TOT revolution I think, with Jay guy as host. He kind of used car salesman like, but has doctors on that are tops in field. Just got mt bloodwork back: Old protocol: 90mg every 3.5 days w/ .5mg anastrozole each time - E2 mid-upper 30s each time. New protocol with NO AI - E2 at 35. It works (for me at least).
What u mean not healthy?

Anyways, i stopped TRT, gotta problens with E2 every once in a while, so i had to take it, otherwise got pain in my nipples, lol

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
What will running an oral steroid or prohormone on trt do to your bloodwork?

I know a lot of people time oral cycles according to trt bloodwork; in order to avoid issues with TRT doc.

The idea of being to run an occasional oral cycle without the need for PCT is very intriguing to me...

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What will running an oral steroid or prohormone on trt do to your bloodwork?

I know a lot of people time oral cycles according to trt bloodwork; in order to avoid issues with TRT doc.

The idea of being to run an occasional oral cycle without the need for PCT is very intriguing to me...
You just don't want your number to far out of wack when your Dr. looks at your blood work.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What u mean not healthy?

Anyways, i stopped TRT, gotta problens with E2 every once in a while, so i had to take it, otherwise got pain in my nipples, lol
well one 'not healthy' thing, was bone mineral loss in 40 yo men, shown via dexa. showed level of 80 yo. did you watch dr. rouzier's vids? all in there. obviously, if you have breast tissue sensitivity even when doing small amount every day (therapeutic level, not cray high 1300 or something) and not fat (aromatase) - then you have to take AI - but try not to if possible - is the current advice from the leaders in the field.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
well one 'not healthy' thing, was bone mineral loss in 40 yo men, shown via dexa. showed level of 80 yo. did you watch dr. rouzier's vids? all in there. obviously, if you have breast tissue sensitivity even when doing small amount every day (therapeutic level, not cray high 1300 or something) and not fat (aromatase) - then you have to take AI - but try not to if possible - is the current advice from the leaders in the field.
Thats Crazy, but ye, i always only took it when i had sore nipples.

Clomid is okey though? Cause i take it 25mg ED, i intend to do this for 2 months at least. If i am patience enough, cause i hate it.

jackzapp

jackzapp

Awards
I am" ageless"...i have been on hrt for at least 15 years ...only problem was high red blood cells... requiring phlebotomy when needed...
I wonder if you're older than me...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'm on HCG and havent had any estrogen issues yet....

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'm on TRT

150 Test Cyp/week
HCG 250 iu/week
.5 mg Anastrozole/week

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can you get HCG as a research chemical ?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
jackzapp

jackzapp

Awards
I'm on TRT

150 Test Cyp/week
HCG 250 iu/week
.5 mg Anastrozole/week
I was cruising on 120 test e for the past couple years with an occasional addition of Masteron.Right now on 4th week of latest blast 120 sust every 3rd day and need to get that back water and some Mast e

Darkheart

Darkheart

Awards
Any of you guys had a sudden drop in T levels while on TRT? Last August I tested at 1218, then in November it was 1106. Last April it dropped to 289. Pinning 200mg per week test cypionate. The only thing that changed was Walgreens switched test brands to Westward pharma test cypionate manufactured by Hikma Farmaceutica out of Portugal. I'm on my 2nd bottle after that November test. Pretty sure I just got a bad test batch. Also, I did start smoking weed again as I got a medical card after that last November blood test. I know Mary Jane lowers test levels but that's natural production. Anyone ever hear of it affecting TRT users?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Any of you guys had a sudden drop in T levels while on TRT? Last August I tested at 1218, then in November it was 1106. Last April it dropped to 289. Pinning 200mg per week test cypionate. The only thing that changed was Walgreens switched test brands to Westward pharma test cypionate manufactured by Hikma Farmaceutica out of Portugal. I'm on my 2nd bottle after that November test. Pretty sure I just got a bad test batch. Also, I did start smoking weed again as I got a medical card after that last November blood test. I know Mary Jane lowers test levels but that's natural production. Anyone ever hear of it affecting TRT users?
I have not, but I've only been on for a couple months.