How long have you been on TRT?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I read about a few people on for 3 or 4 years then get off due to health complications. Anyone on here for longer? Any health issues related to TRT?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read about a few people on for 3 or 4 years then get off due to health complications. Anyone on here for longer? Any health issues related to TRT?
If you read someone got off TRT due to health complications, I’m willing to bet it was because their Dr didn’t know what he was doing. If someone gets on TRT because they need it and the dr knows what they’re doing, you’ll be fine for life. TRT isn’t something you start and stop. The individuals stopping will have worse health complications after stopping TRT. I’ve been on TRT for 6 years next month and I have no health issues from it.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you read someone got off TRT due to health complications, I’m willing to bet it was because their Dr didn’t know what he was doing. If someone gets on TRT because they need it and the dr knows what they’re doing, you’ll be fine for life. TRT isn’t something you start and stop. The individuals stopping will have worse health complications after stopping TRT. I’ve been on TRT for 6 years next month and I have no health issues from it.
I’d also guess they had an underlying health issue to start with.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’d also guess they had an underlying health issue to start with.
That’s possible also. But there’s no reason not to be on TRT if you actually need it. Heart disease is attributed to low T among other things. Being on properly dosed TRT doesn’t cause medical issues. Most dr’s are very ignorant of proper TRT protocol.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been on over four years.

Low T symptoms are much, much worse than normal to higher range testosterone symptoms, especially long term.

After a few days after my shot, I seem to definitely feel it dropping. That is why It is important to split injections up through the week, if your bloodwork shows your low

. I was 275 after five days on 100 mgs. I was 240 after six days on 100 mgs. After two days on 75 mgs I was 800. Moreover, Ive done blood-work sub-q and from my bloodwork and research sub-q takes a few hours to get into your system for test levels rise after injection and a small dose 10-20 mgs seems to only stay peak levels about twelve hours. After that they decline. and by the next day they are low, down to low to mid 200's, according to my bloodwork.

All this is individual and its important to get your lab results done. Some guys can do 100-200 once every seven to ten days and be fine. I wasn't one of them, something about being a high metabolizer of testosterone.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
what are your symptoms on TRT after 4 years? blood clot? cholesterol? high Red blood cell count?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what are your symptoms on TRT after 4 years? blood clot? cholesterol? high Red blood cell count?
No issues with any of that. Again....if you are on the proper protocol maintain normal physiological levels of T then you’ll be fine.

Talldude

Talldude

Awards
I have been on TRT for around 5 years. No problem other than an empty health savings account due to buying Testim. I am currently running a cycle of Chosen 1 and Metha-Quad and I am feeling pretty good and gaining some muscle.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have been on TRT for around 5 years. No problem other than an empty health savings account due to buying Testim. I am currently running a cycle of Chosen 1 and Metha-Quad and I am feeling pretty good and gaining some muscle.
How old are you? If you don't mind me asking

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I read this question and it got me thinking and I really don't know the answer, I know it has been over 11 years, I will have to do some research.

Chuckj1973

Chuckj1973

Awards
I think I’m a pretty good use case for this question. Started injections at age 39, been on it for 7 years. Never had any negative health issues as a result of the test. Went through a painful divorce in 2014, where I went from being in great shape, to overweight and sedentary for about 3 years, back to great shape at age 46. Even being overweight for those 3 years, I never experienced any health related issues due to the medication. All health related problems I experienced (such as elevated BP, headaches, acid reflux, elevated cholesterol), were due to lifestyle, diet, and lack or exercise. Now that I’m back in shape with the diet dialed in, all those issues are gone, I’m strong and fit, and I feel very healthy.

Talldude

Talldude

Awards
The main thing I don't like about TRT is the shrunken balls. I hate that.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I am" ageless"...i have been on hrt for at least 15 years ...only problem was high red blood cells... requiring phlebotomy when needed...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am" ageless"...i have been on hrt for at least 15 years ...only problem was high red blood cells... requiring phlebotomy when needed...
Same here Phlebotomy about once a year !!

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been on 10 years strong and have never come off nor taken breaks from TRT. I'm 41 now, started right after I turned 30.

In my first few years, I tried it all. Creams, HCG monotherapy, HCG + test + AI. Now I only take test and rarely ever an AI.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Had my Bi Yearly check up with Dr today, I have been on TRT 17 years

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I bet you are a wealth of knowledge...be nice to see you post more often!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Perscrided Test C 200mg EOW, but I go once a week

Darkheart

Darkheart

Awards
Wow I'm glad I found these forums last night. Most won't let you discuss trt at all. Good to see some have been on it for many years with no issues except the occasional blood donation. I've been on it for 1 year now, best thing I've ever done. I got tested after many wife complaints and just overall low/crappy feelings and no satisfaction with life in general. I was 39 when tested in July 2017 and came in at 211 and then 216 on my second fasting test. I waited till January 2018 to start once I found a doc that would actually give me a prescription and let me self inject. She prescribed 1ml of 200mg cypionate once a week. After 1 mo I was at 960, 6 MO at 670, 1 year at 1239. Red blood cell count range from 44% to 49% but haven't had to donate since it wasn't above 50%. Estrogen is fine, I'm taking DIM daily to counter estrogen. So far, more gains this year, great mood about 80% of the time, wife is happy again. No complaints, we'll see how it goes this year.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow I'm glad I found these forums last night. Most won't let you discuss trt at all. Good to see some have been on it for many years with no issues except the occasional blood donation. I've been on it for 1 year now, best thing I've ever done. I got tested after many wife complaints and just overall low/crappy feelings and no satisfaction with life in general. I was 39 when tested in July 2017 and came in at 211 and then 216 on my second fasting test. I waited till January 2018 to start once I found a doc that would actually give me a prescription and let me self inject. She prescribed 1ml of 200mg cypionate once a week. After 1 mo I was at 960, 6 MO at 670, 1 year at 1239. Red blood cell count range from 44% to 49% but haven't had to donate since it wasn't above 50%. Estrogen is fine, I'm taking DIM daily to counter estrogen. So far, more gains this year, great mood about 80% of the time, wife is happy again. No complaints, we'll see how it goes this year.
Darkheart - Welcome and glad life is treating you well, hang out learn, have fun, and help out when you can !! This is a great place ....

Darkheart

Darkheart

Awards
Rocket3015 thanks man, looking forward to getting involved. I didn't see an "introduce myself" area so just jumped in on a thread I have experience with.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I havent been feeling well for a while now, and just thought I was stressed out and tired from work...

Something in my gut told me to request my test levels get checked...I got bloodwork yesterday and the dr tested my testosterone and TSH

My test is 101 ng/dl (range is 300-800)
Tsh is .7

Im 33 years old.
6'00, 200 lbs...in very good shape cardio wise.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Still waiting to here back from the doc....I'm sure he will refer me to an endocrinologist

Titan6

Awards
About 4 months. I've never felt this good and gained muscle like this before in my life. On 220/wk I actually am doing better gym wise and just feeling better than when I was running a ton of stuff

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
TRT makes a big difference !!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It has been so long ago I don't remember ………….. Sorry

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
No worries...the more I think of it I've probably been suffering from Low T for a while....when I look back I've had the symptoms for a while.

It's a shame the doctors dont test for this along with the other routine bloodwork.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
About 4 months. I've never felt this good and gained muscle like this before in my life. On 220/wk I actually am doing better gym wise and just feeling better than when I was running a ton of stuff
that is a pretty heavy dose...most I've ever been was 200mg week, that got cut in half and now on 100mg week due to polycythemia...don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread but blood donating is a good thing on trt.

also not a bad idea to take a baby aspirin daily and fish oil.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
that is a pretty heavy dose...most I've ever been was 200mg week, that got cut in half and now on 100mg week due to polycythemia...don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread but blood donating is a good thing on trt.

also not a bad idea to take a baby aspirin daily and fish oil.
Both good suggestions !!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
How does 200 mg Test Cyp EOW sound?

Low starting dose? Or, about the norm for TRT?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Injections are too far apart. After 7-10 days you might start feeling like crap till your next shot. Id much rather split the dose and inject 1x a week

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

nothing wrong with starting low, if blood test comes back lower than desired you can always increase dose...the lower the effective dose the less chance for sides--remember trt is long term.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah its a good idea to donate before your tests , if you suspect hemo crit and globin is higher than normal.

I find 75 mgs twice a week works good for me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do 100mgs a week and find it works well for me.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I been on 200mg p/week split dose for 20 weeks and feel great. I donate double reds whenever I can and take 1200mg Grapefruit Seed Extract to help naturally with Hemocrit

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I havent been feeling well for a while now, and just thought I was stressed out and tired from work...

Something in my gut told me to request my test levels get checked...I got bloodwork yesterday and the dr tested my testosterone and TSH

My test is 101 ng/dl (range is 300-800)
Tsh is .7

Im 33 years old.
6'00, 200 lbs...in very good shape cardio wise.
At least I have an idea of why your feeling off.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
On a side note, ( I did a search but only found old info)

if someone ran a profomrone cycle , or other oral steroid, while on TRT... no PCT would be needed correct? Assuming the person stays on TRT

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I been on 200mg p/week split dose for 20 weeks and feel great. I donate double reds whenever I can and take 1200mg Grapefruit Seed Extract to help naturally with Hemocrit
going to research grapefruit seed extract...what are your thoughts?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
going to research grapefruit seed extract...what are your thoughts?
I just started using it after my last bloods, I will have an opinion in a few months I using 2 600mg capsules a day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just started using it after my last bloods, I will have an opinion in a few months I using 2 600mg capsules a day.
you think it will help?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm told it will help keep my hematocrit level down......... ????? We will see ???
I talk with you all the time,,,,will check in a month or so. I take so much stuff already I want to know it gives results before I add it in.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I talk with you all the time,,,,will check in a month or so. I take so much stuff already I want to know it gives results before I add it in.
I been taking it a bit longer than Rocket3015, and I will be submitting to my PCP tomorrow for Total Test, Free Test, Sensitive Estradiol, and Hemocrat, and Hemocrit on this next blood work, I will post them up in my log as soon as I get them back. They normally come back pretty quick from the VA