How far will you go for gains/losses?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Over the years BLR has studied hundreds of potential ingredients for use in products.
Some of these have fantastic potential but carry some drastic negative so we never used.
Since there is always the potential of still using some of the really solid ones I would like to ask.....
How far would you go?
What would you be willing to tolerate side effect wise if the benefit was high?

For example
Would you consume something extremely spicy like a capsaicin? If you HAD to tolerate at least some burn. or potentially quite a bit of burn.
Would you apply something to your skin that smelled terribly? DMSO for example smells like garlic and old socks.
Would you consume something that tasted worse than anything else you have ever tasted? Gag reflex stuff.
Would you tolerate sweating?
Gas?

This is of course also knowing that you would either be using something really anabolic or exceptionally good for fat burning or performance etc..

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If I can tolerate it and it does not make me feel sick (so I can train) or, if topical 1) no one else smells or smells it too much or 2) I I mask the smell (i.e - use it at night), I am pretty much in. I used multiple bottles of OG Top Muscle and did not have a problem with that. However, if I feel sick and can't train from taking an oral - its a deal breaker.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would say anything in the gas / bloating / wrecked stomach / consistent diarrhea would be a no-go OR Acne. I've used oral capsaicin and it is fine, I actually use DMSO now and it is fine, and anyone that ever tired MHP Dark Matter pre back in the day ALREADY HAS tasted the worst thing on the planet sooo...

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ive dry scooped dmaa (don't do this without a micro scale, even then prepare for burn, maybe ulcer)

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Over the years BLR has studied hundreds of potential ingredients for use in products.
Some of these have fantastic potential but carry some drastic negative so we never used.
Since there is always the potential of still using some of the really solid ones I would like to ask.....
How far would you go?
What would you be willing to tolerate side effect wise if the benefit was high?

For example
Would you consume something extremely spicy like a capsaicin? If you HAD to tolerate at least some burn. or potentially quite a bit of burn.
Would you apply something to your skin that smelled terribly? DMSO for example smells like garlic and old socks.
Would you consume something that tasted worse than anything else you have ever tasted? Gag reflex stuff.
Gas?

This is of course also knowing that you would either be using something really anabolic or exceptionally good for fat burning or performance etc..
Everyday life I would tolerate sweating and taste, the rest no haha.

If it REALLY REALLY worked, I would use all the above if I had some time off work haha

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a capsaicinoid analogue here presently I have been using myself. Burns. Alot but briefly. Its lower scovels than capcaicin.
But the fat burning is amazing.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a capsaicinoid analogue here presently I have been using myself. Burns. Alot but briefly. Its lower scovels than capcaicin.
If it is temporary and works, I would be down haha

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
if its just pepper type burn it could help clear up sinuses before lifting

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
anyone that ever tired MHP Dark Matter pre back in the day ALREADY HAS tasted the worst thing on the planet sooo...
Worse than Muscletech Gakic powder?! I was in physical pain just trying to get that stuff down, but damn did it work. Lol

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it works I’m all for it !

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
90% of ppl are buying there supplements by taste and have no clue weather or not there working. The get there rocket pop flavored beta alanine and because it taste good and there ass starts itching they think it's working.

If a pre workout tasted like rock salt but gave me energy, endurance and pumps I'd buy it.

ChilledFaith

Awards
In terms of burn or taste, pretty much anything. In terms of smell? Pretty dependent upon how long it lasts and if it could be masked.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes sir , I'd do all of that for the results.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
90% of ppl are buying there supplements by taste and have no clue weather or not there working. The get there rocket pop flavored beta alanine and because it taste good and there ass starts itching they think it's working.

If a pre workout tasted like rock salt but gave me energy, endurance and pumps I'd buy it.
I can't stand alanine and don't see the point of it honestly. Companies definitely dose it high because it's cheap and normal people think they're getting a stim benefit from the product.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can't stand alanine and don't see the point of it honestly. Companies definitely dose it high because it's cheap and normal people think they're getting a stim benefit from the product.
I don't have a problem with the ingredient, but most ppl have no clue what it actually does and think because they get that weird feeling from it that it's "working", I think it takes like 3 months of 3gm daily before it builds up enough in your body to do what it's supposed to be doing

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't have a problem with the ingredient, but most ppl have no clue what it actually does and think because they get that weird feeling from it that it's "working", I think it takes like 3 months of 3gm daily before it builds up enough in your body to do what it's supposed to be doing
This is a major issue plaguing the sports nutrition industry. Kitchen sink ingredients. JUst add whatever is popular to a bottle and viola your companies "new" supplement. But its the customers who lose. People dont know any better for the most part which would be fine if basically every brand didnt capitalize on this lack of understanding.
My absolute favorite is the pre workout products with 1000mg of stims and 10g citrulline. Gonna get alot of pump with every stim known to man in there. May as well just pull the vasos out cause the only thing getting a pump is the brands bank account.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is a major issue plaguing the sports nutrition industry. Kitchen sink ingredients. JUst add whatever is popular to a bottle and viola your companies "new" supplement. But its the customers who lose. People dont know any better for the most part which would be fine if basically every brand didnt capitalize on this lack of understanding.
My absolute favorite is the pre workout products with 1000mg of stims and 10g citrulline. Gonna get alot of pump with every stim known to man in there. May as well just pull the vasos out cause the only thing getting a pump is the brands bank account.
Yep, there's been several times I've had a "friend" or just a gym acquaintance tell me about product x there taking. And I will ask them what do you think it's supposed to be doing, and they'll usually recite back whatever the label says. That's usually followed up by but it has "insert ingredients here" in it. And then I'll ask them what that ingredient does and they never know.

Then when I ask them why there dishing out money when they don't know anything about the product other than what the label promises and they look at me like I'm the dumb one! Almost like they're mad because I'm telling them the product they bought is a waste of money. Or that the dosage is in their product are not high enough, that's another one that kills me. ( What do you mean the dosage isn't High enough) people have no clue that it takes a certain amount of an ingredient to actually do what it's supposed to do.

It's like the Blind leading the stupid

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. This sucks though.
The last thing I would want to do is sell someone something bunk or underdosed. But money is a strong driver. The vast majority will sell you a turd if you believed it would work.

I've been considering running a sort of social experiment.
Buying an hplc test machine and just running through the industry. Testing everyone's products and making YouTube videos explaining the results.
A few years back about the time follidrone and epicatechin was first being sold someone on the forum started posting test results of brands products. They tested blr follidrone first and of course it was nearly pure epicatechin. No surprises there. But they said they were gonna start testing and posting all the other sponsors.

Guess what happened...
The thread was closed then deleted and he was banned.

Whats this tell you?

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Buying an hplc test machine and just running through the industry. Testing everyone's products and making YouTube videos explaining the results.
I'd subscribe to that channel in a heartbeat. You should do it!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I agree. This sucks though.
The last thing I would want to do is sell someone something bunk or underdosed. But money is a strong driver. The vast majority will sell you a turd if you believed it would work.

A few years back about the time follidrone and epicatechin was first being sold someone on the forum started posting test results of brands products. They tested blr follidrone first and of course it was nearly pure epicatechin. No surprises there. But they said they were gonna start testing and posting all the other sponsors.

Guess what happened...
The thread was closed then deleted and he was banned.

Whats this tell you?
You should do it, wear a mask, start a random YouTube channel and call out everybody's nonsense supplements.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What one of those testing machines cost???, if you're not going to do it I might lol.(I'm sure I can't afford it) I actually think that's a great idea for a YouTube channel. We live in a world where everybody is way too overly concerned with who's lying and Natty or not and crap like that. You might as well have a channel calling people out for something that actually matters.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You should do it, wear a mask, start a random YouTube channel and call out everybody's nonsense supplements.
I'll subscribe if it's a batman mask and you talk like Batdad!!

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
Would you consume something extremely spicy like a capsaicin?
No issues for me here at all.

Would you apply something to your skin that smelled terribly?
Possibly. If my wife is going to kick me out of the bedroom due to the stench then no.

Here's where I draw the line. It would have to be something that delivered steroid like results for me to tolerate it.

Within reason.

Gas?
Within reason. If I'm going to be bloated and blasting farts all day then no.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What one of those testing machines cost???, if you're not going to do it I might lol.(I'm sure I can't afford it) I actually think that's a great idea for a YouTube channel. We live in a world where everybody is way too overly concerned with who's lying and Natty or not and crap like that. You might as well have a channel calling people out for something that actually matters.
Can get a used one for about 8k
New starts around 20k for a simple one but it wont do what we need it to do.
More like 40-50k
BLR could theoretically purchase for "use to test samples" and write it off.
Gonna do some research. Maybe I can justify it as a marketing expense if we advertise BLR stuff on the YT channel.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What was the powder usp labs put out? Yellow Gold or something like that. Probably one of the worst I've had.. Other than that, I used to mix my prohormones with everclear..

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll subscribe if it's a batman mask and you talk like Batdad!!
Yah man we would have to like....use a VPN and offshore servers and the like because every company would try to sue for defamation. We could do it like this.
1. absolute proof of chain of custody. Buy from a vendor video the process from package opening to test result.
2. Give companies a chance to rectify the situation and retest. Verified again by purchase of a random sample from store, NOT from the company direct.
3. Allow people to vote for which brand and product we test.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What was the powder usp labs put out? Yellow Gold or something like that. Probably one of the worst I've had.. Other than that, I used to mix my prohormones with everclear..
I am using this stuff right now thats a....modafinil analogue.
25mg will make you gag. Its like you cant rinse it away. There is no words for the taste.
Like imagine tire fire with engine degreaser and castor oil blended in a dirty diaper.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can get a used one for about 8k
New starts around 20k for a simple one but it wont do what we need it to do.
More like 40-50k
BLR could theoretically purchase for "use to test samples" and write it off.
Gonna do some research. Maybe I can justify it as a marketing expense if we advertise BLR stuff on the YT channel.
Do it!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am using this stuff right now thats a....modafinil analogue.
25mg will make you gag. Its like you cant rinse it away. There is no words for the taste.
Like imagine tire fire with engine degreaser and castor oil blended in a dirty diaper.
And you can't cap it?

The sweating comment, just market it as z fat loss product. Done. That's basically what GBB does, increases sweating and that's seen as a benefit in the formulas.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And you can't cap it?

The sweating comment, just market it as z fat loss product. Done. That's basically what GBB does, increases sweating and that's seen as a benefit in the formulas.
Is a fluid unfortunately

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
how far will you go?

If it is the best fat burner since eating at 2000 calorie deficit, I will suck the dick of the last person who tried the ingredients just to get it earlier

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how far will you go?

If it is the best fat burner since eating at 2000 calorie deficit, I will suck the dick of the last person who tried the ingredients just to get it earlier
PM for deets

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You mean you don't lay awake at night wondering if Zack Effron is natty or not? LOL

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yah man we would have to like....use a VPN and offshore servers and the like because every company would try to sue for defamation. We could do it like this.
1. absolute proof of chain of custody. Buy from a vendor video the process from package opening to test result.
2. Give companies a chance to rectify the situation and retest. Verified again by purchase of a random sample from store, NOT from the company direct.
3. Allow people to vote for which brand and product we test.
I would love to see this!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe Ill setup a gofundme to buy one specifically for this purpose.
Just be straight up.
Gonna test everyones stuff.
Watch all the industries brands start stressing.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe Ill setup a gofundme to buy one specifically for this purpose.
Just be straight up.
Gonna test everyones stuff.
Watch all the industries brands start stressing.
View attachment 210485
I would like the brand Toniq to be tested. their prices and quality seem too good to be true

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would like the brand Toniq to be tested. their prices and quality seem too good to be true
Yah man
My first choice will be the products with 30 ingredients on the label selling for 30$. It would cost more to make that they sell it for.
Seems legit.
There is a widespread disease in this industry. Companies know nobody is testing their stuff and that nobody really questions the labels. Many dont even know what the ingredient are. So they use cheap alternate ingredients, underdose, leave out entirely.\
Because.....nobody knows the difference. These same companies then say...well, they fell for that lets put 7 more ingredients on the label. And everyone thinks those are the best products because the label says so. They add 1000mg stims and beta alanine so people feel itchy and so stimmed out they may have a heart attack but hey, must be awesome right!

Finally, manufacturers know that products are rarely third party tested after manufacturing so they also cut corners.
The end result is 30-50$ garbage.

I got news for you.......If we tested everyones stuff there will be ALOT of unhappy companies out there.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yah man
My first choice will be the products with 30 ingredients on the label selling for 30$. It would cost more to make that they sell it for.
Seems legit.
There is a widespread disease in this industry. Companies know nobody is testing their stuff and that nobody really questions the labels. Many dont even know what the ingredient are. So they use cheap alternate ingredients, underdose, leave out entirely.\
Because.....nobody knows the difference. These same companies then say...well, they fell for that lets put 7 more ingredients on the label. And everyone thinks those are the best products because the label says so. They add 1000mg stims and beta alanine so people feel itchy and so stimmed out they may have a heart attack but hey, must be awesome right!

Finally, manufacturers know that products are rarely third party tested after manufacturing so they also cut corners.

I got news for you.......If we tested everyones stuff there will be ALOT of unhappy companies out there.
toniq is mostly single ingredient actually so idk might be legit

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yah man
Seems legit.

This really needs to happen. If you set up a gofundme for the testing equipment I would chip in.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok so Im looking into the exact setup we would need. Ill also chip in some personal income.
I think its about time someone does this.
It will be a great looking glass into the industry and brands who are great will be able to showcase this about their brand.
Those who are not will have an opportunity to know where they can improve.
The consumer will benefit from both.